Topic Stats

• 13,727 posts
  • 1,696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by rollinover
  • Topic is favorited by 708 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,213 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0558 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0557 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0544 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0543 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0540 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0539 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0534 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0532 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0533 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0545 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0527 (resized).jpeg

There are 13727 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 275.
    #10401 1 year ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Closed on my first house yesterday! Complete with a whole basement to fill with toys. Coming from a small 600 sq. ft. city apartment, very excited to have some space to stretch out! Moving next week, look for some updates soon!

Congrats! I can't wait to see what you do with the space!!

#10402 1 year ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

Added a few new games and pins. Added Bally KISS, Bally Evel Knievel,14’ shuffle board, super chexx pro. AFMR LE.

JESUS - What an amazing basement!!!!!!!

#10403 1 year ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Complete with a whole basement to fill with toys.

With such a nice basement, I'm sure you're proud of the rest of the house..

#10404 1 year ago

Get some power in there and away you go

#10405 1 year ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I forgot to turn on the Arcade games.

It's OK. After I saw your pins I would forget about those anyway

#10406 1 year ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Closed on my first house yesterday! Complete with a whole basement to fill with toys. Coming from a small 600 sq. ft. city apartment, very excited to have some space to stretch out! Moving next week, look for some updates soon!

My God! - the possibilities

#10407 1 year ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

JESUS - What an amazing basement!!!!!!!

Thank you.

#10408 1 year ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

My God! - the possibilities

A blank slate like this, this thread, and some $$$ is all you need.

Congrats on the house, I look forward to the "after" pictures

#10409 1 year ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Very nice. How long is that main wall?

#10410 1 year ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Closed on my first house yesterday!

Looks very nice. I would hate to have to bring pins down those stairs. Is there another way into the basement or is that it? I would be afraid to scratch those wood stairs.

#10411 1 year ago

Thanks for the kind words, all! It's a great space that's all mine to trick out. The windows provide some excellent light and 2 of them fit backglasses perfectly!
    I also have a "bedroom" attached that will be computer desk/electronics lab/rotisserie/3D printer/airbrush workshop.
    The rest of the house is also nice and some games may find their way upstairs if space runs out...

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

That’ll make a great game room! The only minor problem I see is that HVAC ducting doesn’t look too friendly for pin toppers, if you’re into those.

Unfortunately, it isn't. I only have one currently but had plans for more. I may get creative with the other space...

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Very nice. How long is that main wall?

About 40x11

Quoted from TxJay:

Looks very nice. I would hate to have to bring pins down those stairs. Is there another way into the basement or is that it? I would be afraid to scratch those wood stairs.

Decent stairs was a requirement in the house. The main stairs are decently large, but I plan to bring games down the back. A decent sized landing and another door back there should be just fine, especially with the head off. Will have to rule out any large arcades, but I'm almost exclusively a pin guy now anyways

The back stairs are the same wood. I was planning on protecting it with some rubber covering or something or rigging up some 2x4 track system for my dolly. Fortunately, only six stairs.

IMG_20180312_142856_644 (resized).jpg

#10412 1 year ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

That’ll make a great game room! The only minor problem I see is that HVAC ducting doesn’t look too friendly for pin toppers, if you’re into those.

Just noticed this part of the thread. Haha
    Looks great!

#10413 1 year ago

Wow, that's like 15 games. What a row.

#10414 1 year ago
    Quoted from dudah:

The windows provide some excellent light and 2 of them fit backglasses perfectly!

I love that Gorgar backglass in the window. Great way to not only display the art, but also cut down on it being too bright for the arcade for when you play during daylight hours.

Others may have more experience with this, but would UV light cause degradation/fading on the art/ink in the backglass? I know it can be bad for cabinets, but wasn’t sure about backglasses. It looks like there's already a slight bit of cracking/peeling and such on the art, but might still be a good idea to cover the back with some kind of UV blocking film. Maybe I'm being concerned about a non-issue here, but would like to hear someone with experience chime in.

#10415 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

I love that Gorgar backglass in the window. Great way to not only display the art, but also cut down on it being too bright for the arcade for when you play during daylight hours.
    Others may have more experience with this, but would UV light cause degradation/fading on the art/ink in the backglass? I know it can be bad for cabinets, but wasn’t sure about backglasses. It looks like there's already a slight bit of cracking/peeling and such on the art, but might still be a good idea to cover the back with some kind of UV blocking film. Maybe I'm being concerned about a non-issue here, but would like to hear someone with experience chime in.

Looks like that window would be covered by a game eventually but yes the paint/ink on the bg would dry up and start flaking.

#10416 1 year ago

That window looks like a wedge head

#10417 1 year ago

Tatman that may be the finest Gameroom I have ever seen! If anyone disagrees let them speak now.

#10418 1 year ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Tatman that may be the finest Gameroom I have ever seen! If anyone disagrees let them speak now.

You haven't seen the one in Cal I take it, can't remember the Pinsiders name though. Wooza!

#10419 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You haven't seen the one in Cal I take it, can't remember the Pinsiders name though. Wooza!

I'm sure that would have been Blimpey's in Granite Bay, CA

#10420 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm sure that would have been Blimpey's in Granite Bay, CA

That's him, thanks.

#10421 1 year ago

Haven’t updated my game room video in forever and posted on this thread even longer than that. Here’s the current home collection:

#10422 1 year ago

Pics of my game room. I'm very proud of it. This time last year it was a dusty basement with concrete walls. With the help of my two boys and my wife we finished it, it is now where we spend most of our time. Weather it's jammin on the guitars and drums, playing console games, watching movies, and then obviously there's pinball

20180318_191807 (resized).jpg
    20180318_191504 (resized).jpg
    20180318_191319 (resized).jpg
    20180318_190509 (resized).jpg
    20180318_191111 (resized).jpg
    20180318_191407 (resized).jpg
    20180318_191242 (resized).jpg

#10423 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampshroom:

Pics of my game room. I'm very proud of it. This time last year it was a dusty basement with concrete walls. With the help of my two boys and my wife we finished it, it is now where we spend most of our time. Weather it's jammin on the guitars and drums, playing console games, watching movies, and then obviously there's pinball

Nice collection of Nintendo consoles!

#10424 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Nice collection of Nintendo consoles!

Thanks! Nintendo has always been my favorite

#10425 1 year ago

The NES is my original that I bought with my paper route money back in 85. It still plays great.

#10426 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampshroom:

The NES is my original that I bought with my paper route money back in 85. It still plays great.

I lost my original NES. I think my parents tossed it when their basement flooded. It’s amazing how many Nintendo consoles I’ve had over the years. I recently bought a PS4 which is nice, but shortly after I bought a Switch which is amazing, and I kind of abandoned the PS4. Nintendo might go on hiatus every now and then, but they always come back and up the ante. I’ve been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild a ton lately. One of the most amazing games made. A true game changer.

#10427 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

A true game changer.

compleately agree, BOTW is so good. I was a little late getting a switch, so I played BOTW on WIIU. Been replaying it on switch now. Also been playing rabids, which I never thought I would like, but I love tactical RPGs.

#10428 1 year ago

I stopped collecting pinball machines, and started collecting ladders
    Edit ... ladder gameroom, this exciting game of climbing ladders, so much fun

7839FD66-C0E2-4034-B831-72AD615BB572 (resized).jpeg

#10429 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Doesn’t seem nearly as fun as pinball but to each their own.

#10430 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I lost my original NES. I think my parents tossed it when their basement flooded. It’s amazing how many Nintendo consoles I’ve had over the years. I recently bought a PS4 which is nice, but shortly after I bought a Switch which is amazing, and I kind of abandoned the PS4. Nintendo might go on hiatus every now and then, but they always come back and up the ante. I’ve been playing Zelda Breath of the Wild a ton lately. One of the most amazing games made. A true game changer.

Awesome game room, and I've been thinking about a switch.. like hearing the good reviews..

#10431 1 year ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

I'm guessing the ladders are a means, to an end..

#10432 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I think this belong in the "What else do you collect" thread.

#10433 1 year ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

Quoted from Roostking:

I'm guessing the ladders are a means, to an end..

Well... that is technically my gameroom WIP

F5050F86-5F94-4DF1-B16E-3090EADDEBBB (resized).jpeg

Edit:

Here ya go

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert

#10434 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Well... that is technically my gameroom WIP

Edit:
    Here ya go
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert

Ho.Lee.Shit.

#10435 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I hear ya I have 4.

#10436 1 year ago

The high you get from those ladders is better than any pinball machine can give you.

#10437 1 year ago

You need to add some shoots to that ladder collection, then it's game on. Shoots and Ladders!

Game room is looking good.

#10438 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

You need to add some shoots to that ladder collection, then it's game on. Shoots and Ladders!

I was thinking more along the line of big gorilla's throwing barrels down those ladders!!

#10439 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Thank you, it’s been an up and down experience

#10440 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

The room is definitely a step in the right direction.

#10441 1 year ago
    Quoted from jsa:

The room is definitely a step in the right direction.

Pinsiders always tend to step up in this thread

#10442 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

The high you get from those ladders is better than any pinball machine can give you.

I'll be the bottom dweller and trade you a ladder for a pin. How high do you want to be, cause I got ladders!! "Noting you live in CO".

#10443 1 year ago

Finally finished the restore and got the room back in order!

CBB50D25-7722-4779-9434-A3138D070E6B (resized).jpeg

12B8FC30-38AE-4683-B954-3434AF5E041B (resized).jpeg

0CA4F3A5-9283-48C6-8B5B-B3E21912580E (resized).jpeg

C5F179AB-7968-4FDE-AD3C-A17BFCC0BFCE (resized).jpeg

23FD7711-7B0F-45FB-967C-EFFAE10D7F59 (resized).jpeg

455DF449-7EFD-4F3A-B380-057F5F00A4F8 (resized).jpeg

78874DB9-9F19-4657-BDDF-E9F747BCA5BC (resized).jpeg

4D9F4250-269B-4246-AFC2-D25B8FAF450F (resized).jpeg

#10444 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Finally finished the restore and got the room back in order!

I see you have the Stars black light carpet, if you want to light it up real nice put a 20 inch bl cf fixture to the underside of each game, your carpet will really pop. I have them under all my games.

#10445 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see you have the Stars black light carpet, if you want to light it up real nice put a 20 inch bl cf fixture to the underside of each game, your carpet will really pop. I have them under all my games.

Great idea! I want to get some more of the carpet; will look into the black light as well!

#10446 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I just got a Step Ladder. I never knew my real ladder

I will see myself out.....

Chris

#10447 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

At the expense of wasting a bit of space I think a batpole to get down from 2nd floor would be pretty awesome...

IMG_2822 (resized).PNG

#10448 1 year ago

My pinball collection is quite small, but here is my room of fun anyway!!!! I love the Metallica machine, but it will be replaced with Monster Bash as soon as remake is released.

20180319_211842 (resized).jpg

#10449 1 year ago
    Quoted from swillie:

At the expense of wasting a bit of space I think a batpole to get down from 2nd floor would be pretty awesome...

And it could be used for dancers too.

#10450 1 year ago
    Quoted from swillie:

He's going to need separate poles. Small diameter one on left for him and big one for the pinball machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7,300.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 65.00
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    There are 13727 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 275.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside