Topic Stats

• 13,746 posts
  • 1,696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Skyemont
  • Topic is favorited by 708 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,241 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7C570E2B-7255-41CF-B644-2BCA4EF3629F (resized).jpeg
    D6C10B83-D3E2-4D81-8EF5-66CB5E65F64A (resized).jpeg
    9F5C1F85-065F-471F-BDC5-5654E3D08F97 (resized).jpeg
    MVIMG_20190817_234258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0572 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0571 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0570 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0569 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190817_211832_972 (resized).jpg

There are 13746 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 275.
    #10301 1 year ago

Heres one of my early mocks using sketchup. I think most people doing a gamesroom do some sort of mockup.

Edit - can't get the image to load from phone, will post it later.

#10302 1 year ago

i made a scale pic of the room and scale cutouts of my machines and just moved them around until the fit

#10303 1 year ago
    Quoted from jidorman:

Here's the progression of my game room 3 weeks in to a full house renovation. And I'll absolutely be laying it out/mocking it up digitally.
    Edit: pics from bottom to top for progression.

Now that’s commitment! Wouldn’t want to be your helper down those stairs though. I so hope you are looking to keep the look of those original stone walls. What a cool look that would be! Maybe a light dry ice bead blast and some mild touch up but wow that would be an original look. Sure you are but make sure you have multiple levels of water protection lined up with that type of foundation. Good luck, and thanks for sharing.

#10304 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I so hope you are looking to keep the look of those original stone walls. What a cool look that would be! Maybe a light dry ice bead blast and some mild touch up but wow that would be an original look.

Not original, another Pinsider posted his redo with a basement like that. It's way back in back pages somewhere I think. It turned waaaaay cool. If he reads this please post them again.

#10305 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not original, another Pinsider posted his redo with a basement like that. It's way back in back pages somewhere I think. It turned waaaaay cool. If he reads this please post them again.

I don't mind being unoriginal. But alas, it isn't meant to be. Water seeps through those walls, so they can't remain like that. We even need to run a concrete curb/bench around the room for water protection. I'd complain, except that I'd be bitching about what's giving me my game room.

#10306 1 year ago
    Quoted from jidorman:

I don't mind being unoriginal. But alas, it isn't meant to be. Water seeps through those walls, so they can't remain like that. We even need to run a concrete curb/bench around the room for water protection. I'd complain, except that I'd be bitching about what's giving me my game room.

Are you talking about all new footings and walls?

#10307 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are you talking about all new footings and walls?

A couple sections need to be underpinned. The walls won't be knew, but there is some curb/benching with a French drain behind them. I screamed up and down about it being bone dry in that room. I have video of the wall literally seeping water like a faucet. I've been assured only that I'll not ever have to worry about water down there, even if the engineering of it escapes me. All I know is that (3) 20-yard containers of material have been removed by hand from that cellar.

#10308 1 year ago
    Quoted from jidorman:

A couple sections need to be underpinned. The walls won't be knew, but there is some curb/benching with a French drain behind them. I screamed up and down about it being bone dry in that room. I have video of the wall literally seeping water like a faucet. I've been assured only that I'll not ever have to worry about water down there, even if the engineering of it escapes me. All I know is that (3) 20-yard containers of material have been removed by hand from that cellar.

They are gonna have to dig down all the way to the footings on the outside, repair the walls, put waterproofing on then put the french drain in. My house was built in the 40's, half the walls and foundation was replaced 12 years ago before I bought it and they are fine but I really should have a French drain put in and the other half of the walls fixed from the outside.

#10309 1 year ago

Here is those mocks I was talking about before - all done in sketchup several years back. The layout is totally different now, but whatever.

gamesroom_more_games_2d_small (resized).JPG

gamesroom_spacious_small (resized).JPG

gamesroom_small (resized).PNG

#10310 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

They are gonna have to dig down all the way to the footings on the outside, repair the walls, put waterproofing on then put the french drain in. My house was built in the 40's, half the walls and foundation was replaced 12 years ago before I bought it and they are fine but I really should have a French drain put in and the other half of the walls fixed from the outside.

It's a brownstone (row house), so we only have 2 walls that have outside exposure. The thing was built in the 1870's. That cellar was a dirty 6 foot high space barely capable of dry storage. When they said they could make it a liveable floor, that meant I could have a game room. They swear it's going to be waterproof. We don't ask a lot of questions. We do write a lot of checks.

#10311 1 year ago
    Quoted from jidorman:

It's a brownstone (row house), so we only have 2 walls that have outside exposure. The thing was built in the 1870's. That cellar was a dirty 6 foot high space barely capable of dry storage. When they said they could make it a liveable floor, that meant I could have a game room. They swear it's going to be waterproof. We don't ask a lot of questions. We do write a lot of checks.

People still pay with checks?

#10312 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is this the gameroom you're thinking of Paul?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finishing-my-basementpinball-room

A very cool old stone basement one by Rockytop that I've always remembered!

#10313 1 year ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I still pay my mtg/cc bills with checks.

#10314 1 year ago

That is a nice layout. And how fortunate are you to have an entire gameroom filled with Medieval Madness!

#10315 1 year ago

Target now has these great letterboards at a really reasonable price. All the examples they showed were inspirational quotes or sayings about “love” and “family”.

I like the one I’m putting in my game room a LOT better.

A215C6B9-4C03-4787-95DC-C8B50D1BA814 (resized).jpeg

#10316 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Bingo, that's it thanks Tuna. I hope this helps ya jidorman, this looks great doesn't it.

#10317 1 year ago

Lighted letterboard

239C9B41-E2BB-4AAF-B5BC-6B897FC8707D (resized).jpeg

#10318 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Bingo, that's it thanks Tuna. I hope this helps ya jidorman, this looks great doesn't it.

That looks amazing. That whole thread is helpful. My A/V guy would have fun mounting a 75" TV on that stone.

#10319 1 year ago
    Quoted from jidorman:

That looks amazing. That whole thread is helpful. My A/V guy would have fun mounting a 75" TV on that stone.

Glad Tuna and I could help. Your gr is gonna look soooooo cool. Those scone lights look great don't they. That room looks like a dungeon bar in an old castle I was in in Ireland a few years back.

#10320 1 year ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I had a pinsider pay for a pinball machine with a check (much to my surprise) and I got hounded because I told him I had to hold the machine until it cleared on my end.

#10321 1 year ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

I had a pinsider pay for a pinball machine with a check (much to my surprise) and I got hounded because I told him I had to hold the machine until it cleared on my end.

What? Wait till the check clears!!! The idiot should know better.

#10322 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That is one sweet game room.

#10323 1 year ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Damn. I was thinking about making your White Water the first pin in that room, but I insist on paying by check and taking immediate possession.

#10324 1 year ago

Couple pics of my gameroom. Everyone has a blast when playing in there. Pinball kicks ass !!!!!!!

60C5E510-618A-4F9D-975D-499B507A0D2D (resized).jpeg

9D6689BC-B762-4F5D-BBF8-CDD3FD7F1458 (resized).jpeg

#10325 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oilrat:

Couple pics of my gameroom. Everyone has a blast when playing in there. Pinball kicks ass !!!!!!!

I'm envious. Donkey Kong!!!!

#10326 1 year ago

My gr has been down for a couple weeks now, some spots had efflorescence coming through the block so I'm having the use a twisted wire wire wheel on my grinder to get those spots down to bare block then put 3 coats of Dry Loc on them then repaint. It's taking quite a while to do the 3 walls cuz I keep having to move the games to do a 2 game width of wall at a time. What a mess. Tough to see my babies covered in plastic not being played.

IMGA0649 (resized).JPG

IMGA0650 (resized).JPG

IMGA0651 (resized).JPG

IMGA0652 (resized).JPG

#10327 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

My gr has been down for a couple weeks now, some spots had efflorescence coming through the block so I'm having the use a twisted wire wire wheel on my grinder to get those spots down to bare block then put 3 coats of Dry Loc on them then repaint. It's taking quite a while to do the 3 walls cuz I keep having to move the games to do a 2 game width of wall at a time. What a mess. Tough to see my babies covered in plastic not being played.

I'm going through renovations at the moment and know how you feel to have all your precious pins covered up and not able to be played. It is torture trying to move my pins into other rooms to pack them up for a month or so at a time.

#10328 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oilrat:

Couple pics of my gameroom.

very nice B/W collection.

#10329 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oilrat:

Nice collection man! I would love to have all those great pins in my collection!

#10330 1 year ago
    Quoted from jidorman:

Here's the progression of my game room 3 weeks in to a full house renovation. And I'll absolutely be laying it out/mocking it up digitally.

Have you checked behind the walls of that basement for hidden bodies?
    You've got a lovely "kill floor" in there. It'd be a shame to lose that!!

#10331 1 year ago
    Quoted from jidorman:

Did they film silence of the lambs in there??

#10332 1 year ago

My wife had a party last week with a bunch of her girlfriends. They all decided to play pinball so my wife sent me a picture while I was stuck at work.

My kind of pinball party too.

IMG_6894 (resized).JPG

#10333 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

My wife had a party last week with a bunch of her girlfriends. They all decided to play pinball so my wife sent me a picture while I was stuck at work.

That's an unusual pic!

#10334 1 year ago

And popcorn, too!

Quoted from jawjaw:

That's an unusual pic!

Agreed; that's something you don't see everyday.

#10335 1 year ago

Kind of what I imagine heaven to look like.

#10336 1 year ago

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to those of you that made suggestions on how to scale out and diagram floor plans. I ended up using Floorplanner.com . I had to revert to the legacy version or "old" version because the pinball and gameroom objects haven't been added to the new version with its slicker graphics but I love the results. The screen shot render has some weird things going on like counter and tv height being only shown at default, but other wise it is a super useful and easy to use program.

basement-gameroom (resized).png

#10337 1 year ago

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#10338 1 year ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to those of you that made suggestions on how to scale out and diagram floor plans. I ended up using Floorplanner.com . I had to revert to the legacy version or "old" version because the pinball and gameroom objects haven't been added to the new version with its slicker graphics but I love the results. The screen shot render has some weird things going on like counter and tv height being only shown at default, but other wise it is a super useful and easy to use program.

I hope that foosball table is just a placeholder for a Super Chexx!

I also like that every other game is a Twilight Zone! Haha!

That’s a great space and will be fantastic when complete

#10339 1 year ago

345C5238-611E-4DAC-9E09-04BB274BC94D (resized).jpeg

#10340 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I hope that foosball table is just a placeholder for a Super Chexx!
    I also like that every other game is a Twilight Zone! Haha!
    That’s a great space and will be fantastic when complete

Lmao. How in the hell did you know that in fact WAS a place holder for a super chexx?! It most certainly is. I suppose my gameroom pics might show it but that is uncanny otherwise. Thank you. They actually had only 3 models to choose from so I just alternated them. They also had the scale slightly off as all machines were 29 inches. They will actually fit a bit better/easier.

#10341 1 year ago

Wow Paul! That’s the first time I’ve taken my sunglasses off while reading one of your gameroom posts

#10342 1 year ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

Wow Paul! That’s the first time I’ve taken my sunglasses off while reading one of your gameroom posts

good one. It looks sooooo blah down there now. MORE COLOR.....MORE COLOR.

#10343 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang Paul, at least you’re doing it right!

#10344 1 year ago

This show was on when I was a child. This show is the single reason I wanted arcade games and / or pinball in my house.

What an inspiration!

Chris

#10345 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Dang Paul, at least you’re doing it right!

It's a stop gape, I need to dig all around the outside all the way down to the footings, seal all the cracks, put the black tar like shit on then the hard plastic sheeting then a French drain. Something like 10k or more.

#10346 1 year ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's a stop gape, I need to dig all around the outside all the way down to the footings, seal all the cracks, put the black tar like shit on then the hard plastic sheeting then a French drain. Something like 10k or more.

Damn that sounds like a hell of a lot of work! Hopefully you can get it sorted asap as your room is amazing!

#10347 1 year ago
    Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Lmao. How in the hell did you know that in fact WAS a place holder for a super chexx?! It most certainly is.

That placement would make foosball impossible to play, but be just fine for super chexx.

#10348 1 year ago
    Quoted from Micky:

Damn that sounds like a hell of a lot of work! Hopefully you can get it sorted asap as your room is amazing!

Thanks Micky, once the Mustang is back and don't have to throw money at it anymore I'll have to save for it, maybe even sell a few games.

#10349 1 year ago

Can someone get back to the title of the thread...”pics”!!! Need more pics!!! Less talk, more action

#10350 1 year ago

Ok, but only cause you asked

Photo Feb 10, 12 17 45 PM (resized).jpg

Photo Feb 10, 12 17 33 PM (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.50
    $ 18.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 25.00
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 10.95
    $ 89.99
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    There are 13746 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 275.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside