Topic Stats

• 23,727 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by CoachBacca
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

There are 23,727 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 475.
    #10151 6 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

How often is too often to post in this thread? Two vids left, NASCAR came in, and some stuff moved around.

Laser Wars that is one of my favorite pins!!! Nice collection!

#10152 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

it reminded me of this

That was hilarious . . . and TRUE!!! The man has balls to stand up there and draw it all out. I wonder if he's married and 'she' has beat the shit out of him on a "crazy day" for mansplaining what it is all about!!!

#10153 6 years ago

Updated with my newest addition, The Party Zone and swapped out track ball, joysticks and buttons on my arcade games.

Edit: finally finished the wainscoting on my bar... only took me 12 years!

pinball row 2 (resized).jpgpinball row 2 (resized).jpg
    Mame (resized).jpgMame (resized).jpg

Bar after (resized).jpgBar after (resized).jpg

#10154 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Probably should put a ring on het finger so you don’t lose her

Then the good times will end lol!!

#10155 6 years ago

Re-purposed my extra arcade buttons to operate the light switches in my game room.

Laser-cut the face plate and spacers out of acrylic, cut the switches down, and assembled it over the paddle switches.

Removed the original switch plate and replaced it with the custom switch plate.

20170120_062329 (resized).jpg20170120_062329 (resized).jpg
    20170120_062757 (resized).jpg20170120_062757 (resized).jpg
    20170120_063314 (resized).jpg20170120_063314 (resized).jpg
    20170120_063337 (resized).jpg20170120_063337 (resized).jpg
    20170120_064656 (resized).jpg20170120_064656 (resized).jpg
    20170120_071656 (resized).jpg20170120_071656 (resized).jpg
    20170120_071628 (resized).jpg20170120_071628 (resized).jpg
    switchplates (resized).jpgswitchplates (resized).jpg

img03 (resized).jpgimg03 (resized).jpg

img02 (resized).jpgimg02 (resized).jpg

#10156 6 years ago

That is so cool. ramegoom what a great idea.

#10157 6 years ago

Very nice! Not an electrician myself but for those that want to do custom switches ensure that everything is rated properly for current and up to code or, in some cases, it can be a fire hazard. Not saying you did this here just making a general comment for others that may follow your lead without considering the details.

#10158 6 years ago
    Quoted from spinal:

Very nice! Not an electrician myself but for those that want to do custom switches ensure that everything is rated properly for current and up to code or, in some cases, it can be a fire hazard. Not saying you did this here just making a general comment for others that may follow your lead without considering the details.

He mentions in his post, the original Decora style switches are still there. His buttons do nothing but operate them.

#10159 6 years ago

Yep, same UL rated switches. The arcade buttons simply contact the esixting Decora switch, float above it when the switch is not being operated. Just slightly above the paddles so once the switch position is selected, the opposite switch floats outward.

Basically just remove the original trim plate and replace it with the plastic.

#10160 6 years ago

The hard part is getting those super-nice new plastic plates, those are custom-made and not available anywhere (that I know of). Got to find someone who has a laser cutter or something similar to make some.

I would go for something like these for the screws (pic from a random website, not sure how easy it would be to get the exact size in color).

painted-fastener-heads-website-banner (resized).jpgpainted-fastener-heads-website-banner (resized).jpg

#10161 6 years ago

Now that you mention it, I was planning on painting those screws with red nail polish. My wife gave me a bottle, but it had sparkles in it so I didn't want to use it. Then kind of forgot about it.

The upstairs plate I did was made in black, downstairs red. Time to go and buy <gulp> my own nail polish.

A laser makes short work out of these, and you can buy acrylic sheets off of Ebay pretty inexpensively.

#10162 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

A laser makes short work out of these, and you can buy acrylic sheets off of Ebay pretty inexpensively.

Make/model of laser cutter?

#10163 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Now that you mention it, I was planning on painting those screws with red nail polish. My wife gave me a bottle, but it had sparkles in it so I didn't want to use it. Then kind of forgot about it.
    The upstairs plate I did was made in black, downstairs red. Time to go and buy <gulp> my own nail polish.

I'd buy automotive touchup paint, more durable and sold in the section of the store where your mancard is not in jeopardy....

#10164 6 years ago

Laser I use is a VersaLaser Model VL-200, 30 watt machine. It can handle up to 12 x 16".
    versalaser01 (resized).jpgversalaser01 (resized).jpg

#10165 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Laser I use is a VersaLaser Model VL-200, 30 watt machine. It can handle up to 12 x 16".

How thick a plastic does it cut and how do you vent it?

#10166 6 years ago

It'll cut 1/4 in. acrylic. It won't cut polycarbonate properly because it tends to catch on fire.

I used to use the HEPA filter for venting, but it would clog too easily, so I rigged an inline blower fan thru the vent in the rear, and a flexible hose. Move it outside the door to run the cutter. Also use a low pressure air inlet at the cut location, which moves with the carriage.

It works nicely on acrylic and any paper or gasket material. Amazing what you can do with it. Etching uses a different lens, and works well. Very cool machine once you start finding things to do with it. I just recently made a custom 1/4 inch mirror for my Stoner candy machine, with a red acrylic insert "Sweet" in it.
    sweet_text_mirror3 (resized).jpgsweet_text_mirror3 (resized).jpg

#10167 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I just recently made a custom 1/4 inch mirror for my Stoner candy machine, with a red acrylic insert "Sweet" in it.

That red acrylic insert on your vintage candy machine is indeed 'Sweet'. That is very nicely done.

Gord

#10168 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I just recently made a custom 1/4 inch mirror for my Stoner candy machine, with a red acrylic insert "Sweet" in it.

That machine looks A1! I have a couple Stoners (not yet restored) with the one like yours
    looking to be the older one. Would you happen to know if that's maybe an early to mid 50s?

#10169 6 years ago

Mine is a 1951 with 8 pulls. I also lighted the mirror, candy slots and price windows with internal LED's. Automotive deep red with clearcoat. That was a fun project.
    candy_machine_sweet-mirror (resized).jpgcandy_machine_sweet-mirror (resized).jpg

Again, using that laser, I made some acrylic backplates for the chrome mirror holders. Removed the steel pieces and replicated them out of transparent red:
    lucite_mirror_trim (resized).jpglucite_mirror_trim (resized).jpg

#10170 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Mine is a 1951 with 8 pulls. I also lighted the mirror, candy slots and price windows with internal LED's. Automotive deep red with clearcoat. That was a fun project.

This is a good example of why some old stuff is way better than anything "modern" we can build today. Functionality? Simple, reliable, perfectly suited to the task. Design and looks? Waaaay cooler!!

#10171 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Again, using that laser, I made some acrylic backplates for the chrome mirror holders. Removed the steel pieces and replicated them out of transparent red:

That looks so good!
    I would love to have something like this outside my theatre room one day if i can find something here in Australia that doesn't cost as much as a pinball!

#10172 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Mine is a 1951 with 8 pulls.

The one that I have I thought was a 7 pull, but probably 8.
    The top separates from the base, right?
    I believe the other one is from the late 50s and is one piece..
    They're both presently kind of hidden..

#10173 6 years ago

Yep, separate base. Sometimes, the base was removed and the upper machine was wall-mounted. Base is held in place by a couple of wing nuts.

They made a Univendor "Lite" that had 6 pulls, and one model with 7 pulls for candy and a gum vendor on the left end.

#10174 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

It won't cut polycarbonate properly because it tends to catch on fire.

#10175 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

They made a Univendor "Lite" that had 6 pulls, and one model with 7 pulls for candy and a gum vendor on the left end.

I remember when I was a Kid (14) there was an old candy machine where I worked after school
    with the 7 pull and gum/lifesaver despenser on the left..
    But anyways, I got curious, went in the garage, did a little worming around, and the one that's
    separated form the base is a 6 pull. I now realize the other one looks to be a 2 piece that's
    together and has 8 pulls. I couldn't see it 100% clearly, but looks to be the same as yours.
    I remember as a Kid, them being 10 cents a bar. The 8 pull I have reads 25 cent a bar. Maybe
    it was on route for a lengthy period of time. Any idea when the 8 pulls like yours was last made?
    I like them both, but maybe eventually will refurbish the smaller 6 pull. You have an idea which
    may be more prefered or collectible?
    Also, the 8 pull base is around 28", and the top close to 43". Assuming the same as yours..

#10176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

That machine looks A1! I have a couple Stoners (not yet restored) with the one like yours
    looking to be the older one. Would you happen to know if that's maybe an early to mid 50s?

I think the first two numbers in the serial# indicate the year of manufacture. The stamp is inside at the top of the vending mech.
    This is my unrestored '54 Stoner.
    Seems like the 6 pull "Junior" is the most desirable among collectors.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#10177 6 years ago

I had a 6 pull "junior" model but was missing the base. Couldn't find one and sold it. Regretting that now.

Here's another oddball one I had. It came new in the box but was missing the mechanicals and legs.

CandyMachA (resized).jpgCandyMachA (resized).jpg

CandyMachB (resized).jpgCandyMachB (resized).jpg

#10178 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbee:

I think the first two numbers in the serial# indicate the year of manufacture. The stamp is inside at the top of the vending mech.
    This is my unrestored '54 Stoner.

Thanks for that clarification. I'll check the number tonight. This is my first vending machine, picked it up in November at the Chicago coin-op show, and got it looking good in a hurry. There was another machine available there with the gum column, but it was stuck in a trailer, so I snagged this one. Probably go back and snag it if it's there at the next show. This machine wants company.

#10179 6 years ago

Those Stoner candy machines are funny. When I first started going to the Chicagoland show you'd see a bunch of unrestored examples out in the lot for like $250. Then guys starting selling restored models and the cheap projects disappeared. I saw a little old guy in one of the high end restorer's trailer. He had a big wad of cash in his hand and said I'll take that one, that one and that one.

#10180 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbee:

That's good to know, and since it's the easiest one to get to, I think maybe next
    Winter (probably late Fall) I'll work on the 6 pull. I'm out of room, but it's small enough.
    I'll find a spot for her..

#10181 6 years ago

Good news is, you can put it in the middle of a room. Fully mechanical, no power needed.

That is, unless you plan to add LED feature lighting. Then you put it against a wall with an outlet, if there is any wall space left....

#10182 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Good news is, you can put it in the middle of a room. Fully mechanical, no power needed.
    That is, unless you plan to add LED feature lighting. Then you put it against a wall with an outlet, if there is any wall space left....

They are designed to also work without a base, i.e. hung on the wall. Though as heavy as they are it would take some serious anchors.

#10183 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Good news is, you can put it in the middle of a room.

At times, a non-electric game absolutely has advantages, but even for this one here that I just took
    out of the barn last month after sitting there a dozen years or so took some time to figure where to put.
    For some time I've had an eye out for a nice vintage 40s or 50s one, but no luck. This one's not anything
    really special, but I'll bet they'll be a few that choose not to walk past without giving it a try..

IMG_1128 (resized).JPGIMG_1128 (resized).JPG

#10184 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Thanks for that clarification. I'll check the number tonight. This is my first vending machine, picked it up in November at the Chicago coin-op show, and got it looking good in a hurry. There was another machine available there with the gum column, but it was stuck in a trailer, so I snagged this one. Probably go back and snag it if it's there at the next show. This machine wants company.

Built in 1951

stoner_serialnumber (resized).jpgstoner_serialnumber (resized).jpg

#10185 6 years ago

It looks like the 8 pull that I have has a taller base than the 51 and 54 models at 28" Upper is 43"
    Maybe a later model. The exposed glass of the mirror is 18"..

#10186 6 years ago

The bases seem to be two different sizes from the images I have seen, and some have a locking door in front, others don't. Also, the mirror varies, small vs. large with the smaller one having arched top edges. Seems there were a few improvements or maybe modifications in the same model.

#10187 6 years ago

Yeah, I see the 54's locking front door, but both 51 and 54 bases look to be less than half the height
    of the top. The base on the one that I have is well more than half the top at 28" (or there about).
    I can't really take a good pic of it. How tall is your base. Looks much shorter than mine, and maybe
    different than the 54..
    I was thinking maybe the mirror on mine was shorter since the top appears to be..
    On the 6 pull, the base and top measures the same as the 8 pull at relatively 28 and 43"

#10188 6 years ago

On mine, the base is 18 in. and the overall height is 62 in. I know some of them are taller, and it is all in the base. Maybe the location required a certain height.

#10189 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I know some of them are taller, and it is all in the base.

Okay, perhaps bases were an option for every year where the shorter base would be more
    comfortable in places where Kids would most likely be the ones putting in the coins and pulling the
    levers. I was thinking the taller bases came out later, but after just watching a 1941 Stoner
    on youtube, the base (along with the rest) looks the same as my 6 pull, but had a mint despencer
    on the left side. Looks like those machines haven't changed much right through the years..
    I have some master keys laying around, but most likely I'll be drilling out the locks. It'll be
    interesting in check out their years..

#10190 6 years ago

I'd bet your machine has eight pulls, with the left pull for the gum selector. Physically about the same size as mine except for the height.

#10191 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I'd bet your machine has eight pulls, with the left pull for the gum selector.

Oh, my mistake. I switched it up a little bit. We were talking about the 8 pull, that's right.
    The 1941 Stoner youtube video looked to be just like my 6 pull, except it had a mint
    selector on the left side. It appeared to have the taller base as both my 8 and 6 pulls
    have.
    I remember as a kid, a machine with a 6 pull, and 7th on the left for gum and lifesavers.
    Both would work in the gun selection. Did they make a 7 pull with an 8th being for gum?
    I don't remember seeing them..

#10192 6 years ago

They probably make them in both designs. The youtube video had eight pulls, life savers on the left. You could load that with Wrigley's gum as well.

#10193 6 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

They probably make them in both designs.

Your probably right, and after further checking other pics, looks like they made them
    all the way with 10 pulls, and an 11th for gum..

#10194 6 years ago

Love this! Everyone needs a man cave

52C0DB2A-6FDA-44D9-A802-7D2DCB215FE0 (resized).jpeg52C0DB2A-6FDA-44D9-A802-7D2DCB215FE0 (resized).jpeg

0EEF5596-B613-419E-ACDF-C7092ADAA71B (resized).jpeg0EEF5596-B613-419E-ACDF-C7092ADAA71B (resized).jpeg

#10195 6 years ago
    Quoted from smognote:

Sick man cave nothing like spinning vinyl and playing pins! Nice line up as well!

#10196 6 years ago

Double post

#10197 6 years ago
    Quoted from smognote:

Placeholder there for an upcoming Iron Maiden NIB?
    Also noooooo to the record player on the bottom shelf! Get that on a pad on the top.
    Quality lineup for a trio.

#10198 6 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Also noooooo to the record player on the bottom shelf! Get that on a pad on the top.

Well unless he's REAL short.

#10199 6 years ago

Game room walk thru in action, with a different crowd this past weekend. I smuggled in some Chicago pizza and beef for the occasion, and the local Coloradoans went wild on the flavor. Now I gotta go back and load up on it again.

#10200 6 years ago

Tough crowd at that party . Only 3 pins being played

There are 23,727 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/204?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.