Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 477.
    #9901 6 years ago
    Quoted from mainelycoasters:

Here you go. Game was a Bobby Orr Power play. Bruins also has a wav trigger board with real in game call outs.

That's awesome!!! Would love to have a Devils version. How long until the Edmonton guys each have an Oliers??? Cool stuff you guys have up there. Could use that zamboni for the river behind my house, feels like Alberta here.

#9902 6 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

That's awesome!!! Would love to have a Devils version. How long until the Edmonton guys each have an Oliers??? Cool stuff you guys have up there. Could use that zamboni for the river behind my house, feels like Alberta here.

Why make a devils version? You'd beat it every time!

#9903 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Why make a devils version? You'd beat it every time!

Picture of my new topper for ya.

20180106_183412 (resized).jpg20180106_183412 (resized).jpg

#9904 6 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Picture of my new topper for ya.

LOL, touche

#9905 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

That Bruins re-theme is impressive! Did you do it yourself?

nope a local guy I know did. he does awesome work.

#9906 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I'm not sure if I posted this video here before. Since this video I have everything fixed to perfect working condition (first time ever) and added a Tekken 2 next to the SF 2 pin.
    » YouTube video

Amazing room. Very nice.

#9907 6 years ago

Spent all day removing the duck border in my gameroom. Finally figured out how to get it to come off cleanly.

26695022_10159892203080241_1126997566_o (resized).jpg26695022_10159892203080241_1126997566_o (resized).jpg

#9908 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Spent all day removing the duck border in my gameroom. Finally figured out how to get it to come off cleanly.

Oh that looks like fun.

#9909 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Damn, I spent all day putting IN a duck border

#9910 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

LMAO!

#9911 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Lmao too!!!!!!

#9912 6 years ago
    Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

Took a while to hang it, there are three pieces of pipe going through the tile, and screwed into the top side of the flanges, had fun lining all that up. Be sure to snap a picture of yours when completed.

I have some in my game room / theater / bar build thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-build-thread/page/5#post-4106387

#9913 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

AHAAHAAHAAHAAHA. Damn that was funny.

#9914 6 years ago

Alright so I am working on my gameroom right now and just had a drywall guy come out to my house to give me an estimate and say that the drywall might crack a lot if you don't keep the heat above 60 in the gameroom. I just built a separate garage behind my house and it's heated but I keep it to about 50 degrees when I am not in it but when I go out to work on pins or play I turn the heat up to 65ish.. Just trying to decide weather I do drywall or tongue and grove. You guys ever have problems with drywall cracking a lot?

#9915 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Alright so I am working on my gameroom right now and just had a drywall guy come out to my house to give me an estimate and say that the drywall might crack a lot if you don't keep the heat above 60 in the gameroom. I just built a separate garage behind my house and it's heated but I keep it to about 50 degrees when I am not in it but when I go out to work on pins or play I turn the heat up to 65ish.. Just trying to decide weather I do drywall or tongue and grove. You guys ever have problems with drywall cracking a lot?

That shouldn't be the case, sounds like he is trying to cover his ass if he does a bad install and settling occurs etc. My garage is drywalled, like many garages, and it gets to 40 or lower in here all the time and then warms up when cars come back in. No cracking

#9916 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Spent all day removing the duck border.

Quoted from radium:

I spent all day putting in a duck border

Good to know the duck found another place to stay after lordloss evicted it.

#9917 6 years ago

Use fiber tape instead of paper tape if it is your basement and you should have no problems.

#9918 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

That is BS. Yes, you'll get cracking from plaster at low temps, but not drywall, and... 50 degrees?!

#9919 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Forget the drywall, I don't know if I would want large temperature variations hitting the pins, especially printed backglasses.....

#9920 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

This thread is full of awesomeness every time I come in!
    I haven’t posted for a couple years, so here’s my hockey themed pinball arcade in its current state.
    The penalty box gate is the entrance to the shooting room for the boys to fire pucks inside.
    And the bench in front of the pins is for getting dressed to go skate on the backyard rink (in the last pic) it’s the only pic without a pin in it

Holly crap. Can I move in? Wow! What a setup.

#9921 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Good to know the duck found another place to stay after lordloss evicted it.

Quack

20180108_151140 (resized).jpg20180108_151140 (resized).jpg

#9922 6 years ago

That Quack has been paper tigered for removal, I use steam never any chemicals.

#9923 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

That Quack has been paper tigered for removal, I use steam never any chemicals.

I tried the steam, but the combination of the previous paint underneath wallpaper in the rest of the house caused the paint to peel up from the drywall. I'm using DIF gel currently and works, but takes time.

#9924 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Make sure you use the thick dw not the thin stuff.

#9925 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

Above 60?! Did they say why? The house I'm in now was vacant two years during a estate dispute and was exposed to at least 20's here in winter. Never any problem.

Maybe he meant it needs to be 60+ while the joints dry?

#9926 6 years ago

I'd find a different contractor.

#9927 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Above 60?! Did they say why? The house I'm in now was vacant two years during a estate dispute and was exposed to at least 20's here in winter. Never any problem.
    Maybe he meant it needs to be 60+ while the joints dry?

No he didn’t say why and I didn’t want to start a debate about it with him either. Just thought it was strange he said that and he suggested tongue and grove too. I’ve got another dry wall guy coming tomorrow to give me a bid so will see what he says..

#9928 6 years ago

Here is the latest config - Huge household victory is that a game have been placed outside the gameroom boundary!

6C768282-430C-4757-B1DE-2A8F4B7C897C (resized).jpeg6C768282-430C-4757-B1DE-2A8F4B7C897C (resized).jpeg

4354F9DB-AE69-44A0-BAE7-4864D38A9E53 (resized).jpeg4354F9DB-AE69-44A0-BAE7-4864D38A9E53 (resized).jpeg

ADA00EDF-2205-439C-83F1-F47445CC806A (resized).jpegADA00EDF-2205-439C-83F1-F47445CC806A (resized).jpeg

#9929 6 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Here is the latest config - Huge household victory is that a game have been placed outside the gameroom boundary!

I am preparing to fight that battle myself with possibly 2 games coming in but finding a home outside of the pin cave....

#9930 6 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

I am preparing to fight that battle myself with possibly 2 games coming in but finding a home outside of the pin cave....

Good luck! I was lucky enough to be able to secure 1/2 of my living space for a bar and arcade. Some people aren't that lucky, I understand.

#9931 6 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Good luck! I was lucky enough to be able to secure 1/2 of my living space for a bar and arcade. Some people aren't that lucky, I understand.

To say the least! I got half of the basement, eliminating what was supposed to be our family room (which nobody used in 2 years). We are planning a big expansion, adding 1/3 additional housing space, and I am moving the laundry area from the basement to upstairs. I swear it has nothing to do with adding another game! Really! Hey! Come back! I’m serious!

#9932 6 years ago
    Quoted from bbhenry2000:

We just moved into our home on Labor Day weekend so we still have some work to do.

Awesome set of pictures. Really like the Deereboni
    I drove a Zamboni when I couldn't get a job after college. It was the one thing I was asked about on my resume when I was interviewing for a job.
    Game rooms are fun for the winter months,
    Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

but my summers are shared with my backyard golf course.
    20160715_152359 (resized).jpg20160715_152359 (resized).jpg

#9933 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

Game rooms are fun for the winter months,

Quoted from TimBoch:

but my summers are shared with my backyard golf course

Sounds like you need a no good gophers to make your summer fun in the game room too!

#9934 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

Game rooms are fun for the winter months, but my summers are shared with my backyard golf course.

Nice to see that someone is getting out of the house once in a while...

#9935 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Sounds like you need a no good gophers to make your summer fun in the game room too!

I helped get my friend into pinball last year and his first pin was a NGG. So I decided that I would get a Tee'd Off for my clubhouse

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9936 6 years ago

For us guys and gals looking for ways to add space to our gaming area, I think that it's best to take baby steps. Kudos to kermit24 and rdoyle1978 for doing just that!

#9937 6 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Hey if you lose that battle I’ll take the Aerosmith on a fire sale.

#9938 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

I helped get my friend into pinball last year and his first pin was a NGG. So I decided that I would get a Tee'd Off for my clubhouse

Have only played Tee'd Off two times buy I did like it.

#9939 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

For us guys and gals looking for ways to add space to our gaming area, I think that it's best to take baby steps. Kudos to kermit24 and rdoyle1978 for doing just that!

No need to take baby steps if your single....jump in with both feet is what I say.

16113473_10209057972511357_1828443516900153102_o (resized).jpg16113473_10209057972511357_1828443516900153102_o (resized).jpg

#9940 6 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Hear that!
    Im pleased I just negotiated additional pin-estate for game room 2 in 2018..!

5C8A180F-4E80-4748-8244-1C979DDFCE03 (resized).jpeg5C8A180F-4E80-4748-8244-1C979DDFCE03 (resized).jpeg
    042185B3-0891-475F-B4E9-5A1A3E9A5214 (resized).jpeg042185B3-0891-475F-B4E9-5A1A3E9A5214 (resized).jpeg

#9941 6 years ago

Our game room gets a lot of play in general, not just pinball. So the basketball game, the 2 MAME arcades, and the pool table are staying. As it stands we have maxed out the basement and that leaves us with 3 options.

1. 17 year old son may be going to college, so his room which is in the basement could become available.

2. There is one unfinished room still in the basement, approximately 20x14 that we could knock down the non-supporting wall and expand into that room. This would require adding an outdoor storage shed to store all the existing stuff in this room.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

3. You have an awesome girlfriend who loves pinball, and comes to you one day and says I want one in the family room!

#9942 6 years ago

When I needed more space in our basement for pins I made a serious effort to show that I was interested in another expensive hobby, in my case I chose snowmobiling. I even setup appointments to go with my wife to look at sleds. Right before our first viewing at a dealer she turned to me and said she didn't want me to go snowmobiling because I would spend too much time on the trails away from the family. We then made a deal for me to possibly get a sled when the kids are older and I could move out a couch immediately to move 4 pins into 'her' space. There are 11 pins over there now. And I have 3 years until the sled is delivered.

#9943 6 years ago

Just an old pic. Momentarily the Earthshaker is Work in Progress with complete overhaul of playfield.

IMG_2391 (resized).JPGIMG_2391 (resized).JPG

#9944 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Our game room gets a lot of play in general, not just pinball. So the basketball game, the 2 MAME arcades, and the pool table are staying. As it stands we have maxed out the basement and that leaves us with 3 options.
    1. 17 year old son may be going to college, so his room which is in the basement could become available.
    2. There is one unfinished room still in the basement, approximately 20x14 that we could knock down the non-supporting wall and expand into that room. This would require adding an outdoor storage shed to store all the existing stuff in this room.

3. You have an awesome girlfriend who loves pinball, and comes to you one day and says I want one in the family room!

Go with option 2!

#9945 6 years ago

I like it! Must be a PA thing!

#9946 6 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

Go with option 2!

And option 1 after option 2 is full..

#9947 6 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

Go with option 2!

Eventually this will probably happen. However, last year we put out a bunch of extra money. $10,000 on a stone patio, $6000 on a couple of vacations. And $5200 on our first NIB pin (Aerosmith). So we need to reset for a year or 2 before taking on a few more projects. Besides, option 3 is a quick fix!

#9948 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

sounds like to me you are getting a new storage shed!!!

#9949 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Eventually this will probably happen. However, last year we put out a bunch of extra money. $10,000 on a stone patio, $6000 on a couple of vacations. And $5200 on our first NIB pin (Aerosmith). So we need to reset for a year or 2 before taking on a few more projects. Besides, option 3 is a quick fix!

You could always tear it down now (no cost really) to open the space up, that would give you plenty of time to think about how you want to finish it off.

#9950 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You could always tear it down now (no cost really) to open the space up, that would give you plenty of time to think about how you want to finish it off.

I like your style Paul, and completely agree. But you do sound a little bit like a drug pusher... go ahead, I'll give you just a little bit now and you can come back for more when you get some cash!!

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/199?hl=pinballrusch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.