Topic Stats

• 23,725 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by Nicoli125
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240329_010145474 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240329_010155166 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6895 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6906 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6907 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6908 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg

There are 23,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 475.
    #8351 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

This is soon to be my new game room! I'll have room for 12 machines. Complete with a bar! We close on 4/11 and move in 4/14

Wow, congrats- beautiful home!

#8352 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

This is soon to be my new game room!

That's beautiful! Have a pic of the upcoming gameroom?
    Your driveway has to be fairly lengthy, but your soon to be neighbor
    up above has to have a pretty long winding one.

#8353 6 years ago

This is my game layout plan

68DF66C6-293A-4BAA-A972-9B0E0E6E4D79 (resized).JPG68DF66C6-293A-4BAA-A972-9B0E0E6E4D79 (resized).JPG

#8354 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

This is soon to be my new game room! I'll have room for 12 machines. Complete with a bar! We close on 4/11 and move in 4/14

Nice shack ya' got there.

Looks beautiful. I love the floors.

#8355 6 years ago

Best friend gave me a Bally X's and O's to add to the collection! Its in decent shape and plays great! Can use a flipper rebuild, and need to get a new upper right plastic for the PF. Not sure if CPR planning to do the plastics.

LED beer sign over the kegerator is from the fiance! Whoo!!

20170402_145431 (resized).jpg20170402_145431 (resized).jpg

#8356 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

Best friend gave me a Bally X's and O's

Wish I had friends like yours...

#8357 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Non-pin related...but what type of animals do you expect to see around there? and do they come close to the houses?

#8358 6 years ago

EricHadley pardon for the question and if you don't want to answer I understand, but how much is that place costing? It looks outstanding.

Neil.

#8359 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

"You've always had a gameroom here, Mr. WackyBrakke. I should know sir. I've always been here."

#8360 6 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Subtle change to the indoor games room, do you like my taste?

I like your taste. Sweet lineup.

#8361 6 years ago

My humble gameroom: Pinballs I grew up with.....
    DSC02798 (resized).JPGDSC02798 (resized).JPG
    DSC02799 (resized).JPGDSC02799 (resized).JPG
    DSC02800 (resized).JPGDSC02800 (resized).JPG
    DSC02801 (resized).JPGDSC02801 (resized).JPG

Yves

#8362 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Awesome, what are of Colorado is that? Highland Ranch?

#8363 6 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Non-pin related...but what type of animals do you expect to see around there? and do they come close to the houses?

Lots of Deer everyday, in the yard and around. Elk often. Bears in the fall. Mountain Lions. Rattle Snakes.

#8364 6 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Awesome, what are of Colorado is that? Highland Ranch?

Roxborough Park

#8365 6 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

wackybrakke pardon for the question and if you don't want to answer I understand, but how much is that place costing? It looks outstanding.
    Neil.

Almost 1 million

#8366 6 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

You've always had a gameroom here, Mr. WackyBrakke. I should know sir. I've always been here

Key & Peele?

Or a Shining reference?

#8367 6 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

"You've always had a gameroom here, Mr. WackyBrakke. I should know sir. I've always been here."

huh?

#8368 6 years ago

I love this thread and looking at everyone's set up for ideas. Here's my current lineup.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8369 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcane:

Pinballs I grew up with.

Nope. If you love pinball like the rest of us then you never grew up.

#8370 6 years ago

#8371 6 years ago

Some rearranging done....but always a work in progress. I'm going to ask Santa for more space...

GR 2017 (resized).JPGGR 2017 (resized).JPG

GR 2017 2 (resized).JPGGR 2017 2 (resized).JPG

#8372 6 years ago

current game room pics.........just before I had the guys from my department a Menards over

IMG_3674 (resized).JPGIMG_3674 (resized).JPG

IMG_3675 (resized).JPGIMG_3675 (resized).JPG

IMG_3676 (resized).JPGIMG_3676 (resized).JPG

IMG_3677 (resized).JPGIMG_3677 (resized).JPG

IMG_3680 (resized).JPGIMG_3680 (resized).JPG

IMG_3685 (resized).JPGIMG_3685 (resized).JPG

IMG_3687 (resized).JPGIMG_3687 (resized).JPG

IMG_3686 (resized).JPGIMG_3686 (resized).JPG

IMG_3678 (resized).JPGIMG_3678 (resized).JPG

IMG_3679 (resized).JPGIMG_3679 (resized).JPG

#8373 6 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

Current game room pics just before I had the guys over.

Your game room looks like fun. Seems like you need a better translite for your Whirlwind, though.

#8374 6 years ago

Love the Slim Jim shark advertising. Whats the story on that? Don't think I've ever seen one.

John

#8375 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Some rearranging done....but always a work in progress. I'm going to ask Santa for more space...

Super vibey setup... what neat DJ lightshow are you using that covers your entire ceiling like that?

#8376 6 years ago

like to have a variety to play......the Mario karts are always a hit......bar size pool table in the adjoining room
    whirlwind is my current project.......already have a new translate

slimjim shark head was on the counter at the local shell station filled with slimjims...bought it for $20

the lights on the ceiling are just regular track lighting with GIANT barrel of monkeys hanging from them

#8377 6 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Super vibey setup... what neat DJ lightshow are you using that covers your entire ceiling like that?

Thanks man. The pics are from last month, so I have to take some new ones.

I have it mounted in the corner above the mounted flatscreen TV. If I point it down a little, it actually covers the entire gameroom but it gets somewhat distracting when you're playing a pin...especially after a few IPA's.

https://www.laserworld.us/shop/laserworld-el-100rg-micro-ir-show-laser-light?gclid=CKiU8qagk9MCFYiEswodaBgIvw

#8378 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I have it mounted in the corner above the mounted flatscreen TV. If I point it down a little, it actually covers the entire gameroom but it gets somewhat distracting when you're playing a pin...especially after a few IPA's.
    https://www.laserworld.us/shop/laserworld-el-100rg-micro-ir-show-laser-light?gclid=CKiU8qagk9MCFYiEswodaBgIvw

Totally ordering one, thanks!

#8379 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

This is my game layout plan

so looking at your plan the pins need more room since the head is bigger than the bottom cabinet or is that with the head width included? and I usually leave a little extra room in between so I can wiggle in to open the backbox?

#8380 6 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Totally ordering one, thanks!

Definitely...no prob. You'll have to play with placement a little to get a good location for it and optimal effect. The tripod it comes with is dinky, but actually works great if you can tuck it in a corner and have no obstruction to the ceiling surface. It's a nice little touch...not too much, and just enough. Drives my two boxers friggin nuts though. LOL.

#8381 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Love the Slim Jim shark advertising. Whats the story on that? Don't think I've ever seen one.
    John

They sell them on Ebay.I just ordered one.$29.95

#8382 6 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

current game room pics.........just before I had the guys from my department a Menards over

I can tell you how to light up that arcade sign with battery operated lights if you want the info and if any one wants one already done for 125 bucks plus shipping let me know, that arcade sign is no longer being sold and fetches 75 by itself on ebay.

arcade arrow (resized).jpgarcade arrow (resized).jpg

#8383 6 years ago

Current lineup at my film house, tends to be in a state of flux but this should be close to final.

15 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg

16 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg

17 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg

#8384 6 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

I can tell you how to light up that arcade sign with battery operated lights if you want the info and if any one wants one already done for 125 bucks plus shipping let me know, that arcade sign is no longer being sold and fetches 75 by itself on ebay.

Very cool, runs on batteries ?
    Could I send you my exact sign as new condition for a swap program and a bit cheaper for yours ?

#8385 6 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

They sell them on Ebay.I just ordered one.$29.95

O' ok,.......we'll thanks anyways.

John

#8386 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

... but this should be close to final.

Famous last words. And very nice setup and neon signs!

#8387 6 years ago

Small collection, but working on it!

IMG_0556 (resized).JPGIMG_0556 (resized).JPG

#8388 6 years ago

That theatre seating will be gone in no time!

#8389 6 years ago
    Quoted from Parzival:

Small collection, but working on it!

Looks good. I couldn't afford a bubble hockey, but I had my daughter paint my players in Fighting Sioux colors.

sioux hockey (resized).jpgsioux hockey (resized).jpg

sioux hockey1 (resized).jpgsioux hockey1 (resized).jpg

game room pano (resized).jpggame room pano (resized).jpg

#8390 6 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

so looking at your plan the pins need more room since the head is bigger than the bottom cabinet or is that with the head width included? and I usually leave a little extra room in between so I can wiggle in to open the backbox?

The rectangle represents approximately 2 extra inches on each side of the head, roughly

#8391 6 years ago

Got this at the coin op show this weekend. Wasn't cheap but I liked it and haven't seen one before.

IMG_1904 (resized).JPGIMG_1904 (resized).JPG

#8392 6 years ago

Found these on a local store...

IMG_20170408_134924 (resized).jpgIMG_20170408_134924 (resized).jpg

#8393 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Found these on a local store...

Which one did ya get?

#8394 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Which one did ya get?

None...

(1) Not a bowling fan and (2) I didn't like those little lamps installed in the middle of the letters at the arcade sign...

#8395 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

None...
    (1) Not a bowling fan and (2) I didn't like those little lamps installed in the middle of the letters at the arcade sign...

Good for you. It's reproduction crap. Seek out the real thing.

John

#8396 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

As much as I love pinball, I don't think I could be inside with such a beautiful view outside!

#8397 6 years ago

Not really a gameroom pic, but it's something I made for my gameroom. I didn't want to start a new thread for this, yet I still felt like sharing it on Pinside. Maybe someone will be inspired.

Conscious of the fact that Medieval Madness is, both, out of my budget and out of my capacity (I only have room for 4 games, apart from the basement, but it's damp and floods often, while also being tough to get the games down there, so I don't want to keep them there. I've got a TZ, TOTAN, picking up a CFTBL on Thursday, and the last one will be a TAF), I still felt like I want it in my gameroom somehow. I remembered that I have a MM mini-translite, and I've come up with this:

IMG_1032 (resized).jpgIMG_1032 (resized).jpg

Basically, I've called this a minibackbox, which I intend to hang on the wall of my gameroom. As you can see, I also have the mini-translites for TOM and AFM, which will also be used for minibackboxes as it looks rather nice. The project is not finished yet, I'm looking into some solution for a "miniDMD", or at least a way of having the title screen showing up nicely. The speaker panel "grille" also needs installing. It works pretty much like a normal backbox, in that I can remove the translite and access the stuff inside (I intend to put an Arduino board running a very basic lightshow in it. Considering either standalone 9V batteries or powering it up through a normal socket). A short description of the project for anyone who wants a read:

I started off by measuring the backbox and scaling it down to fit the translite. The scale factor was x0.388. I assembled the backbox by cutting it out of 6mm plywood pieces cut to match the individual pieces of the genuine backboard. They were glued together using both hot glue and standard wood glue.
    After that was done, I created the DMD/speaker panel in Google SketchUp using the same scaling. I exported the SketchUp file to an .stl file for 3D printing and sent the part off for printing. I was extremely happy with the results, and also happy with 3D printing (it's the first time I've done it and it's something I'm looking into for a TAF project I intend to undertake over the summer).
    Next, I found the backbox decals for MM. There was a problem with them since they appeared to be cropped slightly, so the backbox decal on the minibackbox isn't identical to the real one (it's stretched to fit the wood). I also made a Williams logo decal, since extruding it in SketchUp was an absolute nightmare, and it would stand out 0.5mm, so it'd be barely noticeable anyway.
    Lastly, I cut a "trench" in the inside of the top of the backbox for the minitranslite to slide in like it does on an actual game. I've attached two pieces of balsa across the length of the inside of the top to keep it in place. When all the woodwork was done I sprayed 5 layers of black, then I glued the speaker panel with hot glue into the minibackbox once the paint had dried. After that, I applied the decals. The last step of the manual stuff will be to get a layer of clearcoat onto it. I applied very little hot glue since the panel fit in snug, so it'll come off for the clearcoating. When that gets done I'll create all the light-related stuff and program my Arduino to perform a very basic lightshow.

IMG_1034 (resized).jpgIMG_1034 (resized).jpg

As a finishing note, I'm really happy with the way this came out. For someone like me, limited by both space and money in a hobby I love, this is a very elegant solution to supplement a game room with games I most likely won't ever have (unless I win the lottery or something...). Sorry for rambling on and on like this, I'll shut up now.

#8398 6 years ago
    Quoted from snowvictim:

I've called this a minibackbox, which I intend to hang on the wall of my gameroom.

Nice ... I'll take 3 or 4 of those.

#8399 6 years ago

PANO_20170409_210758 (resized).jpgPANO_20170409_210758 (resized).jpg

#8400 6 years ago
    Quoted from snowvictim:

Not really a gameroom pic, but it's something I made for my gameroom. I didn't want to start a new thread for this, yet I still felt like sharing it on Pinside. Maybe someone will be inspired.
    Conscious of the fact that Medieval Madness is, both, out of my budget and out of my capacity (I only have room for 4 games, apart from the basement, but it's damp and floods often, while also being tough to get the games down there, so I don't want to keep them there. I've got a TZ, TOTAN, picking up a CFTBL on Thursday, and the last one will be a TAF), I still felt like I want it in my gameroom somehow. I remembered that I have a MM mini-translite, and I've come up with this:

Basically, I've called this a minibackbox, which I intend to hang on the wall of my gameroom. As you can see, I also have the mini-translites for TOM and AFM, which will also be used for minibackboxes as it looks rather nice. The project is not finished yet, I'm looking into some solution for a "miniDMD", or at least a way of having the title screen showing up nicely. The speaker panel "grille" also needs installing. It works pretty much like a normal backbox, in that I can remove the translite and access the stuff inside (I intend to put an Arduino board running a very basic lightshow in it. Considering either standalone 9V batteries or powering it up through a normal socket). A short description of the project for anyone who wants a read:
    I started off by measuring the backbox and scaling it down to fit the translite. The scale factor was x0.388. I assembled the backbox by cutting it out of 6mm plywood pieces cut to match the individual pieces of the genuine backboard. They were glued together using both hot glue and standard wood glue.
    After that was done, I created the DMD/speaker panel in Google SketchUp using the same scaling. I exported the SketchUp file to an .stl file for 3D printing and sent the part off for printing. I was extremely happy with the results, and also happy with 3D printing (it's the first time I've done it and it's something I'm looking into for a TAF project I intend to undertake over the summer).
    Next, I found the backbox decals for MM. There was a problem with them since they appeared to be cropped slightly, so the backbox decal on the minibackbox isn't identical to the real one (it's stretched to fit the wood). I also made a Williams logo decal, since extruding it in SketchUp was an absolute nightmare, and it would stand out 0.5mm, so it'd be barely noticeable anyway.
    Lastly, I cut a "trench" in the inside of the top of the backbox for the minitranslite to slide in like it does on an actual game. I've attached two pieces of balsa across the length of the inside of the top to keep it in place. When all the woodwork was done I sprayed 5 layers of black, then I glued the speaker panel with hot glue into the minibackbox once the paint had dried. After that, I applied the decals. The last step of the manual stuff will be to get a layer of clearcoat onto it. I applied very little hot glue since the panel fit in snug, so it'll come off for the clearcoating. When that gets done I'll create all the light-related stuff and program my Arduino to perform a very basic lightshow.

As a finishing note, I'm really happy with the way this came out. For someone like me, limited by both space and money in a hobby I love, this is a very elegant solution to supplement a game room with games I most likely won't ever have (unless I win the lottery or something...). Sorry for rambling on and on like this, I'll shut up now.

Have you considered installment a RunDMD clock in the box?

There are 23,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.