Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 477.
    #8251 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

Just moved into a new house with a massive basement. Finished building a custom 12ft bar made out of pine and pallet board planks. Scored all the lumber and bar stools for $500! Embryon is still going strong! Will be getting a Bally X's and O's soon from a my friend to keep in the basement when the guys and gals come over to hang. Plenty of room for wine and beer storage, and dispensary equipment. kegerator photo is a bit old, but got a Chocolate Imperial Stout on tap, Hard cider at 5.8%, and more of the Bourbon barrel porter, but one batch is juiced up at 12% versus the session 8% version you see in the pic. The new brew kettle is 30 gallons big.
    Got a bunch of plans for LED lighting, liquor shelving, a 4 tap jockey box with a Homer Simpson logo theme on it, and an arduino powered custom liquor dispenser in a black pipe style tap. It will be similar to the 'Sidebar Beverage" setup, but at like a fraction of the cost once I get the parts together. I got an example of the pipe setup minus the bottle on top.
    All exciting stuff!

I'm a big fan of Willet bourbon. I didn't realize there was an associated beer.

#8252 7 years ago

Your room looks amazing! My brother in law keeps bugging us to come to pa for a visit. Road trip?

#8253 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwiz1985:

Just moved into a new house with a massive basement. Finished building a custom 12ft bar made out of pine and pallet board planks. Scored all the lumber and bar stools for $500! Embryon is still going strong! Will be getting a Bally X's and O's soon from a my friend to keep in the basement when the guys and gals come over to hang. Plenty of room for wine and beer storage, and dispensary equipment. kegerator photo is a bit old, but got a Chocolate Imperial Stout on tap, Hard cider at 5.8%, and more of the Bourbon barrel porter, but one batch is juiced up at 12% versus the session 8% version you see in the pic. The new brew kettle is 30 gallons big.
    Got a bunch of plans for LED lighting, liquor shelving, a 4 tap jockey box with a Homer Simpson logo theme on it, and an arduino powered custom liquor dispenser in a black pipe style tap. It will be similar to the 'Sidebar Beverage" setup, but at like a fraction of the cost once I get the parts together. I got an example of the pipe setup minus the bottle on top.
    All exciting stuff!

The fifth photo is intriguing. Where can I get one?

#8254 7 years ago

Nice game room. But in my opinion
    the pool table is taking up way too much room for other pins!

#8255 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

The fifth photo is intriguing. Where can I get one?

http://www.sidebarbeverage.com/

#8256 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Your room looks amazing! My brother in law keeps bugging us to come to pa for a visit. Road trip?

Look us up when you do

#8257 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Nice game room. But in my opinion

Yep I agree.

#8258 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

They do take up space, but during parties, mine gets played as much as anything else,
    and in the earlier days being on leagues, I still have pool playing Buddies. I need to keep
    mine set up.. (T)

#8259 7 years ago

Wouldn't be a game room without a pool table. You want more pins? Get a bigger room.

Pool is probably the most played game - aside from the Pac Man Battle Royale.
    img030 (resized).jpgimg030 (resized).jpg
    img006 (resized).jpgimg006 (resized).jpg

#8260 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Wouldn't be a game room without a pool table. You want more pins? Get a bigger room.
    Pool is probably the most played game - aside from the Pac Man Battle Royale.

The bottlecap stools look cool.

#8261 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Wouldn't be a game room without a pool table.

Yup.

IMGA0014 (resized).JPGIMGA0014 (resized).JPG

#8262 7 years ago

My basement is only 12.5 -13' ft wide on each side. I'd love a table but really need 14' to make comfortable shots. Next house I guess,.

#8263 7 years ago

My pool table is really a pinball parts table.

#8264 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

My basement is only 12.5 -13' ft wide on each side. I'd love a table but really need 14' to make comfortable shots. Next house I guess,.

Yeah that's to small for even a 7 foot like mine.

#8265 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

My pool table is really a pinball parts table.

I hope you have a cover on it.

#8266 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope you have a cover on it.

Lol i have three big wooden boards and a table cloth over a plastic pool table cover.

#8267 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Lol i have three big wooden boards and a table cloth over a plastic pool table cover.

Yes the buffet table , and parts repair bench !

#8268 7 years ago

Custom-made wall switch plates. Got the idea from someone who sells similar stuff on Ebay, but not 3-gang. So I made my own. Upstairs and downstairs. Used a 30 watt etching laser to cut the 1/4", 1/8" and 1/16" sheets of plastic and the holes for the arcade buttons. Then, hack-sawed the switch buttons and mounting nuts to a minimum height, drilled a cotter pin hole to keep them in the button frame, and played with various plastic fillers until the spacing was just right. They contact the actual paddle switches in the box, and all I needed to do was replace the trim with this contraption. Works great and looks like is should be there.
    img001 (resized).jpgimg001 (resized).jpg
    img032 (resized).jpgimg032 (resized).jpg

#8269 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Custom-made wall switch plates. Got the idea from someone who sells similar stuff on Ebay, but not 3-gang. So I made my own. Upstairs and downstairs. Used a 30 watt etching laser to cut the 1/4", 1/8" and 1/16" sheets of plastic and the holes for the arcade buttons. Then, hack-sawed the switch buttons and mounting nuts to a minimum height, drilled a cotter pin hole to keep them in the button frame, and played with various plastic fillers until the spacing was just right. They contact the actual paddle switches in the box, and all I needed to do was replace the trim with this contraption. Works great and looks like is should be there.

You should be selling those! Look great! Can you post pics of the back side and post an eBay link?

#8270 7 years ago

Here are a few pics of the procedure to make the outer plate.
    20170120_063040 (resized).jpg20170120_063040 (resized).jpg
    Remove the button center and cut down to this level:
    20170120_062358 (resized).jpg20170120_062358 (resized).jpg
    Cut the outer housing short:
    20170120_063314 (resized).jpg20170120_063314 (resized).jpg
    Drill the buttons with a 1/16" drill
    20170120_064702 (resized).jpg20170120_064702 (resized).jpg
    Grind down the hex nut to make it shallow:
    20170120_063521 (resized).jpg20170120_063521 (resized).jpg
    All parts are shortened and ready for assembly:
    20170120_071024 (resized).jpg20170120_071024 (resized).jpg
    Insert into panel, and install cotter pins:
    20170120_071656 (resized).jpg20170120_071656 (resized).jpg

It gets a bit more complicated, but this gives you a general idea.

#8271 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Here are a few pics of the procedure to make the outer plate.

Remove the button center and cut down to this level:

Cut the outer housing short:

Drill the buttons with a 1/16" drill

Grind down the hex nut to make it shallow:

All parts are shortened and ready for assembly:

Insert into panel, and install cotter pins:

It gets a bit more complicated, but this gives you a general idea.

That is quite the mod. I love it. Others will make these I'm sure.

#8272 7 years ago

Some updated pictures I grabbed yesterday!

20170311_173344 (resized).jpg20170311_173344 (resized).jpg

20170311_173428 (resized).jpg20170311_173428 (resized).jpg

20170311_173448 (resized).jpg20170311_173448 (resized).jpg

20170311_173509 (resized).jpg20170311_173509 (resized).jpg

#8273 7 years ago

Is that an arcade cabinet side you used for the bar top, I love it!

#8274 7 years ago

This was my arcade a few years ago. Now all that remains is theatre. It will come again, but the first arcade will be missed. Anxiously planning the next one...

A little more like a corner than game room, but non the less heaven.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#8275 7 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Is that an arcade cabinet side you used for the bar top, I love it!

Yep! It's the side of an atari star wars. My buddy had the cabinet and most of it was damaged and he was going to junk it, so I saved the side with the initial intent to just hang it up but I coated it with triple thick and mounted it to half of an old bar table we had.

#8276 7 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

That's a neat space, I really like the Star Wars bar top!

#8277 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

That's a neat space, I really like the Star Wars bar top!

Thanks! Could use another pin or 2 but all in good time

#8278 7 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Hey IKEA has some very nice RGB led strips to light up your stairs if your interested. Here's what they look like on my stairs. They come in 4 sections per package with a controller and power supply. I needed 3 packages.

00 13 Aug pin ball hell (30) (resized).jpg00 13 Aug pin ball hell (30) (resized).jpg

00 13 Aug pin ball hell (33) (resized).jpg00 13 Aug pin ball hell (33) (resized).jpg

#8279 7 years ago

Your lighting ideas Paul never fail to amaze me. Very cool idea.

Quoted from MustangPaul:Hey IKEA has some very nice RGB led strips to light up your stairs if your interested. Here's what they look like on my stairs. They come in 4 sections per package with a controller and power supply. I needed 3 packages.

#8280 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Your lighting ideas Paul never fail to amaze me. Very cool idea.

Thanks, gotta make sure people can walk the stairs safely.

#8281 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Maybe handrails would help a bit more than the lighting!! Just ribbing ya...

#8282 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Maybe handrails would help a bit more than the lighting!! Just ribbing ya...

Yeah I know, I've been meaning to do that for the longest time.

#8283 7 years ago

In our last house I screwed a 12ft 2x4 to the wall and screwed a 12' 2x10 centered to the 2x4 and created a hidden channel. Ran a 10ft rope light and wired it in. Sanded and stained to create a nice glow down the stairs. If staircase was wider I would have done both sides.

#8284 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

In our last house I screwed a 12ft 2x4 to the wall and screwed a 12' 2x10 centered to the 2x4 and created a hidden channel. Ran a 10ft rope light and wired it in. Sanded and stained to create a nice glow down the stairs. If staircase was wider I would have done both sides.

That sounds cool and it's a lot more sturdy of a hand rail too. Did you have enough width to move games up and down without hitting the hand rail? I've only got a 34 inch width to work with.

#8285 7 years ago

We had a 36" stairwell. Lost 3" with the 2x4s. You could route/plane out the back of the 2x10 so the 2x4 is sunken to save a 1" or so. Max you'd lose is 3"

Quoted from MustangPaul:That sounds cool and it's a lot more sturdy of a hand rail too. Did you have enough width to move games up and down without hitting the hand rail? I've only got a 34 inch width to work with.

#8286 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey IKEA has some very nice RGB led strips to light up your stairs if your interested. Here's what they look like on my stairs. They come in 4 sections per package with a controller and power supply. I needed 3 packages.

I am very interested! Time to check amazon...my wife thanks you in advance for the idea lol.

#8287 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Where are your railings??? Doesn't look safe to me

#8288 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That sounds cool and it's a lot more sturdy of a hand rail too. Did you have enough width to move games up and down without hitting the hand rail? I've only got a 34 inch width to work with.

I'd box that beam on the right side of your stairs with 2 or 3 2x4s. Use that as your anchor and attach up by the opening where it looks like it's finished. You can leave space to run electrical for a 3 or 4 way switch and turn lights off upstairs or down. We used 2 3 ways. One to control the leds and one to light recessed lighting above stairs. On the wood instead of staining maybe get some blacklight paint and trip it out to match your decor.

#8289 7 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I am very interested! Time to check amazon...my wife thanks you in advance for the idea lol.

Here's what the controller and one of the strips look like so you can make sure your getting the right ones. The controller is high quality so they fade between colors beautifully, not like the cheap little controllers you get when you buy other kits, their fade effects are horrible. Don't know if Amazon would have these Ikea ones.

IMGA0023 (resized).JPGIMGA0023 (resized).JPG

IMGA0024 (resized).JPGIMGA0024 (resized).JPG

#8290 7 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Where are your railings??? Doesn't look safe to me

I know....I know. Good thing I waited cuz I love dirkdigglers idea. MORE LIGHTS...MORE LIGHTS.

#8291 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'd box that beam on the right side of your stairs with 2 or 3 2x4s. Use that as your anchor and attach up by the opening where it looks like it's finished. You can leave space to run electrical for a 3 or 4 way switch and turn lights off upstairs or down. We used 2 3 ways. One to control the leds and one to light recessed lighting above stairs. On the wood instead of staining maybe get some blacklight paint and trip it out to match your decor.

Yeah I have to figure out something cuz that wall only goes part way down.

#8292 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah I have to figure out something cuz that wall only goes part way down.

Look at it this way. A handrail will just be one more location for you to put a strip of LED's!!!

As for attaching, you have a post at the bottom of the steps, so you should be able to figure out some type of bracket that would attach there. Someone more mechanically minded than me could help you out I'm sure.

#8293 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Look at it this way. A handrail will just be one more location for you to put a strip of LED's!!!

What you talkin bout Wilson??? I don't know anything about lde strips. I already have some designs rolling around inside my head.

I would put it on the right side as your looking down the stairs because I have a little bit more space on that side the way the door and frame are mounted. I'll probable make the hand railing part removable for hauling games up and down.

#8294 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here's what the controller and one of the strips look like so you can make sure your getting the right ones. The controller is high quality so they fade between colors beautifully, not like the cheap little controllers you get when you buy other kits, their fade effects are horrible. Don't know if Amazon would have these Ikea ones.

Yeah I couldn't find anything comparable on amazon. To IKEA we go!

#8295 7 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Yeah I couldn't find anything comparable on amazon. To IKEA we go!

They are spendy but worth it. I have 11 steps so on the top step I put 2. How many steps do you have? Looks like 9.

#8296 7 years ago

Only 1 pin and a few other games. Nothing like the amazing rooms I've seen on here.

IMG_2579 (resized).JPGIMG_2579 (resized).JPG

#8297 7 years ago

TWO poker tables!

#8298 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinden007:

Only 1 pin and a few other games. Nothing like the amazing rooms I've seen on here.

If I had that much space I'd be in trouble game wise. Looks like the room is 50 ft long.

#8299 7 years ago

A hot dog roller. Man I want one of those

I'm just so F'n fat already tho. So I better not...

#8300 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

TWO poker tables!

lol. Yea I hold games every month.

Just getting back into playing pinball now - first time owner. Guys don't know I got GB yet but I don't think too many are into pinball anyway.

Considering selling the shuffleboard to make room for some more pins down the road.

Some of the rooms I've seen on here are amazingly packed with games and finished off beautifully - I can only wish.

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.