Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    There are 23,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 477.
    #8101 7 years ago

horrible pic but this is my in-law's:

pinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg

#8102 7 years ago

GB could end up turning into a different new pin- might be too early to say- but here's how my gameroom has shaped up with the arrival of Cyclone.

IMG_20170130_195350 (resized).jpgIMG_20170130_195350 (resized).jpg

#8103 7 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

I did look at black light carpet as the lighting system (when finished) will
    have uv, however it's just hard to get here in Australia.
    All Arcade type carpet is hard to get here.

Aw that's a bummer, Cadwell Carpet in Georgia has some great designs and only $17.28 Sq Yd. That's where I got my Under the Sea.

Quoted from Toads:

I did a quick bit of reading on this.
    The "R" value your quoting is a U.S. standard.
    The "R" value I'm using is what's used here and is the "SI" standard.
    The conversion factor is 5.68
    Therefore the R 2.7 x 5.68 = 15.3 U.S. standard
    It equates to R 15.3
    Also I was limited 5 inches in thickness both walls and ceiling.

I knew there had to be something like that going on.

#8105 7 years ago

AlexF , that's a true man cave. If I got down there, you wouldn't get me out. It looks so cozy

#8106 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Here's a few pics my wife took tonight. My gameroom is constantly evolving. It will probably look different next month.

Fantastic gameroom @alex! Lots of stuff considering the room's size! I'm also a jukebox guy and noticed your Seeburg 222; the first stereo jukebox! Is it connected to a wallbox?

#8107 7 years ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

AlexF , that's a true man cave. If I got down there, you wouldn't get me out. It looks so cozy

Thanks! It's my happy place. When my wife works weekends, I rarely leave the house.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Fantastic gameroom alex! Lots of stuff considering the room's size! I'm also a jukebox guy and noticed your Seeburg 222; the first stereo jukebox! Is it connected to a wallbox?

Thanks! It's actually a Seeburg 220. Same thing as the 222 with fewer selections. No wall box. Maybe someday. We also have a 1954 Rock-ola 1438 "Comet Fireball" and 1948 Rock-ola 1428 "Magic Glo" upstairs.

1428.jpg1428.jpg
    1438.jpg1438.jpg

#8108 7 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

GB could end up turning into a different new pin- might be too early to say- but here's how my gameroom has shaped up with the arrival of Cyclone.

Awesome addition!

Jaz

#8109 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Here's a few pics my wife took tonight. My gameroom is constantly evolving. It will probably look different next month.

Fantastic! So many remarkable aspects and accents to your room. It must be a real pleasure to step into it and spend time there!

#8110 7 years ago

IMG_1566 (resized).JPGIMG_1566 (resized).JPG

IMG_1568 (resized).JPGIMG_1568 (resized).JPG

#8111 7 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Thought I'd share a photo or 2 I took recently....

Nice room.

#8112 7 years ago

Will never be this clean again.

PANO_20170129_153737 (resized).jpgPANO_20170129_153737 (resized).jpg

#8113 7 years ago
    Quoted from kettchxxii:

Will never be this clean again.

Never say never. Looks great.

#8114 7 years ago

Out with the new Sterns. In with the older Williams. Hung the tv, added a dart board and a yet to be filled Uturn vending machine.

20170204_150637 (resized).jpg20170204_150637 (resized).jpg20170204_150603 (resized).jpg20170204_150603 (resized).jpg20170204_133148 (resized).jpg20170204_133148 (resized).jpg

Turning the couch sure made this 9 x 10 room feel larger.

20170204_153712 (resized).jpg20170204_153712 (resized).jpg

#8115 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Well conceived, inviting ambiance, great variety of games, total feng shui. . .my favorite among those posted thus far.

#8116 7 years ago

Where is that other pin you bought going Jay?

#8117 7 years ago

Well the garage/shop just became the garage/shop/Gameroom II. 7 ft slate pool table 2 arcade games, Operation Wolf and MACH 3 lots of neons, a 42 inch lcd tv with a JBL sound bar and sub. I ran out of room so no pinballs. But there's plenty down the basement.

IMGA0952[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0952[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0956[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0956[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0953[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0953[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0958[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0958[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0957[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0957[1] (resized).JPG

#8118 7 years ago

Im looking into creating a new game room in my backyard. I was thinking of something simple. I don't have a huge budget and my space is kinda limited in my backyard. I was thinking of getting one of those Tuff Sheds 24'X30' or buildling one similar and customizing it to not look like a shed. Anyone here have experience with this type of idea and size? I have 13 pins and 4 arcade games I'd like to have in the same room. Any feedback would be great. Thanks and love all your game rooms. Makes me jealous, wish I had a basement.

#8119 7 years ago

Our guest house

IMG_5203 (resized).jpgIMG_5203 (resized).jpg

#8120 7 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Im looking into creating a new game room in my backyard. I was thinking of something simple. I don't have a huge budget and my space is kinda limited in my backyard. I was thinking of getting one of those Tuff Sheds 24'X30' or buildling one similar and customizing it to not look like a shed. Anyone here have experience with this type of idea and size? I have 13 pins and 4 arcade games I'd like to have in the same room. Any feedback would be great. Thanks and love all your game rooms. Makes me jealous, wish I had a basement.

Nice idea and that should be big enough. How big are you allowed for zoning? A barn type would be nice but make sure you get 8ft side walls and 2x10 treated 16 inches on center with 3/4 inch osb for the floor and maybe 2x6 16 inches on center wall studs and at least 100 amp service with lots of outlets both high and low. A white metal roof is very nice too, no shingles to worry about. This is my pre built 8x12, no electrical but built as described above except for the barn style roof and roof color. It's used as just a shed. I payed $2700 with free delivery and set-up within 30 miles from retailer. Mine is from a company called Old Hickery.

IMGA0720[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0720[1] (resized).JPG

IMGA0723[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0723[1] (resized).JPG

#8121 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How big are you allowed for zoning

Not sure yet. Still checking into what I need to do. I know I have to get a permit for it.

#8122 7 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Not sure yet. Still checking into what I need to do. I know I have to get a permit for it.

Paul... that's a nice shed

Building one is always cheaper, a shed the size Paul just bought can be built with your hands for about 1/2 the cost... of course you need skill and tools. But that's typical of construction.

Adding in power is a different animal also.

I enjoy building as much as I enjoy pinball... I'm about to start my gameroom too

#8123 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Building one is always cheaper, a shed the size Paul just bought can be built with your hands for about 1/2 the cost... of course you need skill and tools. But that's typical of construction

Yeah....Im just using the shed idea as a reference. I have a contractor friend that said he's willing to help me with this project (I'd obviously pay him for his time). I'd need his expertise on the foundation, framing and electrical part. I'm experienced enough to do the rest and all the finish work. So now as im thinking through this, I might as well just build a room the size I need with a more permanent foundation instead of the prefabbed shed. I can sell it to my wife easier if its cheaper!

#8124 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well the garage/shop just became the garage/shop/Gameroom II. 7 ft slate pool table 2 arcade games, Operation Wolf and MACH 3 lots of neons, a 42 inch lcd tv with a JBL sound bar and sub. I ran out of room so no pinballs. But there's plenty down the basement.

Noticed the BoP above the pool table; nice. Is that one mayuh made? What did you do with the other decals from the set?

#8125 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Paul... that's a nice shed
    Building one is always cheaper, a shed the size Paul just bought can be built with your hands for about 1/2 the cost... of course you need skill and tools. But that's typical of construction.
    Adding in power is a different animal also.
    I enjoy building as much as I enjoy pinball... I'm about to start my gameroom too

I'm VERY impressed with the quality but I wish I would have gotten a barn style roof, more room up there.

Oh yeah much cheaper but my factory built one passes all the inspections for my area and it was worth it for me to buy pre built so I could finish my garage/shop/gameroom II.

Start a build thread, I love those things, a real highlight on Pinside.

#8126 7 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I might as well just build a room the size I need with a more permanent foundation instead of the prefabbed shed.

For that size that's your best bet. But your property tax's are gonna go through the roof I'll bet. That's a major improvement. You may have to call it a Mother in law cottage.

#8127 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Noticed the BoP above the pool table; nice. Is that one mayuh made? What did you do with the other decals from the set?

Yes it is. It's all mounted on a rigid material, I think it's called Alumacor. I have to find a way to light it better, she's sooo hot.

#8128 7 years ago

90 percent done with me game room. Just need flooring and finishing touches. Totan, rs, lotr, and a homemade raceing simulator.

20170205_171807 (resized).jpg20170205_171807 (resized).jpg

#8129 7 years ago

Here is a shot of the game room currently. We were in a hurry to buy last year and wanted to be in this subdivision so we didn't find our walkout basement. We originally said this could be a 3-5 year home but at the route mortgage rates it looks like we will be staying so I am going to make it work! We had to bring up some extra seating for the super bowl but I can fit 7 pins comfortably and 9 with a squeeze. The misses is good with 7 .

IMG_0560 (resized).JPGIMG_0560 (resized).JPG

IMG_0561 (resized).JPGIMG_0561 (resized).JPG

#8130 7 years ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

Where is that other pin you bought going?

Dining room for now. Shocked when wife said she likes the looks and theme and it doesn't have to go to the basement. Probably won't last but I'll take it.

20170206_092623 (resized).jpg20170206_092623 (resized).jpg

#8131 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Probably won't last but I'll take it.

Small victories my friend

#8132 7 years ago

OK so here's my basement set-up which is temporary as I'm moving to Naples Florida this Aug and I'm looking to do a second building/man-cave on my property to really do this right like I've seen some of the pinsiders on here have done, but for now it suits me well. Firebird Jukebox hooked up to 1 set of Cornwall speakers and another set of Chorus II's with Bob Crites upgrades. Powered by 2 sets of Onkyo M-504's Of course none of this is complete without my wooden chief Slapahoe.

basement pics 12 (resized).JPGbasement pics 12 (resized).JPG

basement pics 14 (resized).JPGbasement pics 14 (resized).JPG

basement pics 4 (resized).JPGbasement pics 4 (resized).JPG

basement pics 8 (resized).JPGbasement pics 8 (resized).JPG

basement pics 10 (resized).JPGbasement pics 10 (resized).JPG

#8133 7 years ago

The game room was hopping last night. It's so nice to see a different generation enjoy the machines and of course the Patriots!

IMG_1608 (resized).JPGIMG_1608 (resized).JPG

IMG_1609 (resized).JPGIMG_1609 (resized).JPG

IMG_1610 (resized).JPGIMG_1610 (resized).JPG

IMG_1613 (resized).JPGIMG_1613 (resized).JPG

IMG_1616 (resized).PNGIMG_1616 (resized).PNG

IMG_1615 (resized).PNGIMG_1615 (resized).PNG

IMG_1617 (resized).PNGIMG_1617 (resized).PNG

#8134 7 years ago

^ Down In Front!

J/k very cool set up

#8135 7 years ago

Here's a video from yesterday. Only game not in the basement is our new Star Trek Pro which will be heading down in a few weeks(after we play the crap out of it in our living room! ).

#8136 7 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

Here's a video from yesterday. Only game not in the basement is our new Star Trek Pro which will be heading down in a few weeks(after we play the crap out of it in our living room! ).
    » YouTube video

#8137 7 years ago

Awesome rooms everyone. I've been drawing inspirations from this thread as I worked through the design and building of my basement gameroom. After exactly two years, I'm just putting finishing touches on it now. The space is also a home theater, but it's divided by some custom arches. Only two games currently, but they are the rocks I can grow the collection from moving forward. I'm just a young guy with little time and expensive tastes.

Basically everything you see is custom made by me. I estimate about 7500 individual LED bulbs in this basement. No real previous construction experience. Given enough time and being motivated by the money savings of doing it yourself, you can do most anything. More pictures here -> https://goo.gl/photos/Vs2RhUKLNnFV7XnZ6

DSCN0867 (resized).JPGDSCN0867 (resized).JPG

DSCN0860 (resized).JPGDSCN0860 (resized).JPG

DSCN0858 (resized).JPGDSCN0858 (resized).JPG

DSCN0844 (resized).JPGDSCN0844 (resized).JPG

DSCN0852 (resized).JPGDSCN0852 (resized).JPG

DSCN0861 (resized).JPGDSCN0861 (resized).JPG

DSCN0868 (resized).JPGDSCN0868 (resized).JPG

#8138 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Awesome rooms everyone. I've been drawing inspirations from this thread as I worked through the design and building of my basement gameroom. After exactly two years, I'm just putting finishing touches on it now. The space is also a home theater, but it's divided by some custom arches. Only two games currently, but they are the rocks I can grow the collection from moving forward. I'm just a young guy with little time and expensive tastes.
    Basically everything you see is custom made by me. I estimate about 7500 individual LED bulbs in this basement. No real previous construction experience. Given enough time and being motivated by the money savings of doing it yourself, you can do most anything. More pictures here -> https://goo.gl/photos/Vs2RhUKLNnFV7XnZ6

VERY nice job, looks very comfortable. No room for a bar?

#8139 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

VERY nice job, looks very comfortable. No room for a bar?

Thank you. I do enjoy being able to relax down there just about every night.

There is room. No one in my family or immediate family likes alcohol very much, so it wasn't a priority. In the fifth photo there is going to be an area in the corner for refreshments. I figure any future owner will turn the brick portion in to a bar, or maybe I'll do it before I look to sell.

#8140 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Thank you. I do enjoy being able to relax down there just about every night.

Man Cave "bat light" custom made too? Or where did you pick it up? I wouldn't mind ripping that idea from you...that light is awesome. I'd be happy to change the wording so yours remains one of a kind, assuming it is.

#8141 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Awesome space. Looks nice and roomy. Hey is that faux bricks on your walls? If so, can you clue us in on cost and where to buy?

#8142 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Man Cave "bat light" custom made too? Or where did you pick it up? I wouldn't mind ripping that idea from you...that light is awesome. I'd be happy to change the wording so yours remains one of a kind, assuming it is.

That light was made by a local guy in my town. It cost me about $175 if I remember correctly. I have his card around somewhere if you wanted to inquire about shipping. Please rip off my ideas, that would be great flatery.

Quoted from japespin:

Awesome space. Looks nice and roomy. Hey is that faux bricks on your walls? If so, can you clue us in on cost and where to buy?

The brick is milwaukee thin brick by glen-gery. Total cost for the bricks, adhesive, and cement board for that room was around $2200. I like it a lot, but it did take a very long time to put it all up and grout it. There are a few manufacturers of thin bricks if you cant find that locally. It's made up the road in Ohio so it was my cheapest option from the local supply house.

Thanks for the compliments!

#8143 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

That light was made by a local guy in my town. It cost me about $175 if I remember correctly. I have his card around somewhere if you wanted to inquire about shipping. Please rip off my ideas, that would be great flatery.

Definitely...either post or PM his info if you can find it. Thanks!

#8144 7 years ago

Fun thread...inspiring!
    Game room...in progress.

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPG

IMG_0643 (resized).JPGIMG_0643 (resized).JPG

#8145 7 years ago

Pbtilter. Make sure that you put some footies or sliders under those pinball legs. You don't want to scratch up that nice floor

#8146 7 years ago

Here is some more

IMG_20170208_020655592 (resized).jpgIMG_20170208_020655592 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170208_020637568 (resized).jpgIMG_20170208_020637568 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170208_020617934 (resized).jpgIMG_20170208_020617934 (resized).jpg

#8147 7 years ago

Figured I'd join in on the fun. It's always changing - who knows what will be there next month. I definitely need more space!

IMG_0839 (resized).JPGIMG_0839 (resized).JPG

#8148 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Here is some more

Cool space. One of my colleagues is a Brit expatriate who loves Chelsea (and beer, btw). He'd probably never want to leave your game room if he were ever invited.

#8149 7 years ago

chelsea! chelsea! chelsea!

#8150 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Cool space. One of my colleagues is a Brit expatriate who loves Chelsea (and beer, btw). He'd probably never want to leave your game room if he were ever invited.

Bring him by. We'll watch a game. Go Blues!!!

There are 23,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/163?hl=joehog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.