By erak

6 years ago

Stats

• Started 6 years ago
  • 8,122 posts
  • 1230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mountaingamer

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by mountaingamer
Uploaded by mountaingamer
Uploaded by plowpusher
Uploaded by plowpusher
Uploaded by plowpusher
Uploaded by DinoBob
Uploaded by Bugsy
Uploaded by cheshirefilms
Uploaded by cheshirefilms
Uploaded by chadderack

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 8122 posts in topic. You are on page 162 of 165.
    #8051 1 month ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

I need that badly in my game room. If you don't mind, once you figure out where to buy the motion detector (and anything else you are kind enough to tell me about), I wish you would post it here.
    Good luck with that project. I'm EXCITED!!!
    Mike in Kentucky

Will do. I have a few motion detectors in mind. One is low voltage (maybe just to trigger a relay) that is also sound activated - typically used in automated lighted conference rooms. No motion, but people talking keep the lights on. In my case, the pinball machine noises will keep the lights on too.

I'll probably start a new "I'm building a game room" thread to document the progress and ask for some advice as I go, as others have done. Mine will take a few years to complete, as it will likely just be a every other weekend work. I'll start the thread with a 3D CAD walk through video of my general new game room layout. I just have to add more pinball machine models in my old 3D CAD layout as I bought more pins ... and might as well plan on adding 1 or 2 more. You know ... planning ahead for pins my wife wants. Ya, that's it.

#8052 1 month ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Congrats and what a fantastic start. Especially because the kids like to play! Good for you

Even my almost 2 year old saw me rubbing some novus 2 on some plastics and said "Dada, balllllllll" he's my biggest pinball fan.

IMG_20161203_184803 (resized).jpg

#8053 1 month ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Awesome mod!! Mind if I ask which laser cutter you use?

Versa Laser. It's a 30 watt machine, works well. I am in the process of cutting a piece of orange acrylic, about .100" thick.
    20170120_082145 (resized).jpg

#8054 1 month ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

Why not.

Truly an amazing collection, especially for Rapid City. Just got into pinball again in the last year or so and have been playing all the pins on location in town. Press Start is a great venue and the local operator also has some good pins around town. I was sad to see the Monster Bash at Sanford's disappear, but the game was in rough shape, and they replaced it with a mint ACDC, which was cool

I've got to ask though, did you just buy the Tron that was at Press Start by any chance? I almost cried when I went in this week and it was gone. Probably my favorite game I've played so far, although Funhouse is close. T2 was a great addition though.

#8055 1 month ago
    Quoted from chalkup8:

Very nice.
    I was looking at my pinball wall over the weekend and thinking about a certain brick wall paper to go behind the games.Bringing a similar rustic look inside.

Kinda hard to see, but we got red brick paneling from Menards to use on 2 walls and hung the "PINBALL ALLEY" sign there.... have gotten many compliments on the brick...

20160124_165414 (resized).jpg

#8056 1 month ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Kinda hard to see, but we got red brick paneling from Menards to use on 2 walls and hung the "PINBALL ALLEY" sign there.... have gotten many compliments on the brick...

Good collection! (and the Metallica is good too )

#8057 1 month ago

Don, you should show your whole gameroom, including your home-made mad scientist set up.
    Howie

#8058 1 month ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

have gotten many compliments on the brick...

Brick is a classic look. Never seen plant life as a topper before..cool!

#8059 1 month ago

Thought I'd share a photo or 2 I took recently....

20161221_195826 (resized).jpg

20161221_195911 (resized).jpg

#8060 1 month ago

2017-01-24 13.02.29 (resized).jpg

#8061 1 month ago

added a williams multigame
    now the games are set till SW LE comes out (if it ever comes out)

20170126_172525 (resized).jpg

20170126_170720 (resized).jpg

20170126_170630 (resized).jpg

20170126_170642 (resized).jpg

20170126_170651 (resized).jpg

20170126_170657 (resized).jpg

20170126_170710 (resized).jpg

#8062 1 month ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Nice room. The sliding barn doors look sweet!

Go Blue

#8063 1 month ago

nice ohio state gear and lineup. dog looks like hes ready to play too haha nice setup

#8064 1 month ago

that's Ranger - turns out he loves to watch tennis so he's been watching the Australian Open by the hour - so he would really dig pinball that is if he could just see the playfield...

#8065 1 month ago

*Edit: maybe not the right place to advertise stuff, sorry about that*

#8066 1 month ago

While I'm at it, I'd been meaning to post a couple of pics of the ol' man cave...
    I've been working on a new marquee for the Slap Shot, and obviously the North Star needs to be repainted and needs a new backglass...

IMG_9320 (resized).JPG

A little art, Zombie Yeti and Mondo

IMG_9322 (resized).JPG

Slap Shot, probably next in my restoration queue after my BOPP

IMG_9326 (resized).JPG

A glimpse into the overflow room

IMG_9328 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9329 (resized).JPG

Some wall art

IMG_9333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9330 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9331 (resized).JPG

The bar (I'd posted some of these a while back...)

IMG_9338 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9335 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9336 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9334 (resized).JPG

#8067 1 month ago

As I am currently renovating my home I pretty much have a blank canvas, after seeing Sterns booth at CES2017, it gave me the idea to make some tables shaped like flippers and suspend my lighting off a suspended wireform, see how it goes once I get the family parts of the house finished

#8068 1 month ago
    Quoted from JonM:

As I am currently renovating my home I pretty much have a blank canvas, after seeing Sterns booth at CES2017, it gave me the idea to make some tables shaped like flippers and suspend my lighting off a suspended wireform, see how it goes once I get the family parts of the house finished

Interesting, how tall is your ceiling?

#8069 1 month ago

My garage.
    Before I started.
    Room finished.
    And now...

IMG_1618 (resized).JPG

IMG_1563 (resized).JPG

IMG_1065 (resized).JPG

#8070 1 month ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Interesting, how tall is your ceiling?

For my new game room? undecided, hopefully as tall as I want it once decided and planned out, providing planners allow it, then I will build it to suit. Obviously it will be on a smaller scale to Sterns booth but the idea in principle will be the same.

It will be at the back of the property separate from the house in the furthest part of the garden to avoiding disturbing the family and neighbours late at night

#8071 1 month ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

Love the Williams Multi Game but that Inviso button would drive me bananas. LOL

Your dog is awesome.

Chris

#8072 1 month ago
    Quoted from Toads:

My garage.
    Before I started.
    Room finished.
    And now...

How big is the garage and how long did the transformation take? Is it insulated, heated and cooled?

#8073 1 month ago

^^ Sure looks insulated, heated and cooled to me.

#8074 1 month ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

^^ Sure looks insulated, heated and cooled to me.

But more important, does it have a beer tap?

#8075 1 month ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

How big is the garage and how long did the transformation take? Is it insulated, heated and cooled?

This is an interesting one, would like to know more. The starting point is one of those standard metal buildings. I think you can get those for reasonable prices. Obviously it was all drywalled and carpeted. It looks great. You would presume insulation was put in.

There is stove heater in the before pic but it seems to be gone now? There a unit on the wall that looks like AC?

The setup of the electric outlets is very spiffy, lots of them down low for the machines and some up high for lighted signs and such.

And what is behind the curtain?

#8076 1 month ago
    Quoted from Toads:

My garage.
    Before I started.
    Room finished.
    And now..

I LOVE that.. turning a shithole shed into a beautiful room. Like xsvtoys said, metal buildings like that are pretty cheap (heck, in some areas of the country like oregon a lot of rural homes have outbuildings like that on the property already). While a 12 x 20 workshop might look small unfinished, as a finished room that's a gameroom that could easily fit 20 games (looks like there's space to expand beyond the games in there).

#8077 1 month ago

Stern shared this guy's arcade, which has a mall arcade entrance based on TIME OUT
    timeout (resized).jpg

I REALLY like this idea, but it would depend on how your gameroom is laid out I suppose. I think it would be awesome to have an aladdins castle entrance since that was the chain arcade I remember growing up in the midwest.

aladdins_castle (resized).jpg

#8078 1 month ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Maybe the door, but looking at the last pic, seems it's a slider on the inside.
    Perhaps it got converted to the outside, or made to slide between the interior
    and exterior walls..??

#8079 1 month ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Stern shared this guy's arcade, which has a mall arcade entrance based on TIME OUT

I REALLY like this idea, but it would depend on how your gameroom is laid out I suppose. I think it would be awesome to have an aladdins castle entrance since that was the chain arcade I remember growing up in the midwest.

That is awesome but if I had the room for something so grand, there is only one arcade entrance I would consider for my place (plus its my sons name so he would flip out) 1 flynn (resized).jpg

#8080 1 month ago
    Quoted from JonM:

there is only one arcade entrance I would consider for my place (plus its my sons name so he would flip out)

Someone made one from steel, but cost like $800 plus labor:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flynns-arcade-sign-13-scale-for-my-gameroom

However, if you read later in the thread, someone made a 1/6th scale (so individual parts would fit in a 3d printer) for between $200-$300. She even put the files up on thingiverse so you can build your own.

#8081 1 month ago

Yeah I followed that thread, very cool indeed and the workmanship was out of this world. If I could I would recreate the entire entrance for my gameroom but unfortunately I wont have enough room or space for that but a sign on its on will probably happen at some point, might even hide a game behind a hidden wall just like in the film, while I am ripping my house apart and building from scratch anything is possible, my en suite bathroom is now hidden behind a fake part of our wardrobe, slide the doors so they part in the middle walk into the wardrobe and into our bathroom

#8082 1 month ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

The garage is 20ft wide and 36ft long.
    It took a year to finish.
    It has R2.7 acoustic insulation both in the ceiling and walls.
    That air con you see up on the wall is a 9 kw split system.
    It's mid summer here and it's hovering around 90 to 95 deg every day and the air con is EXTREAMLY efficient.
    What amazed me was the air flow is very uniform, even up the opposite end, same temp all over.

#8083 1 month ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

This is an interesting one, would like to know more. The starting point is one of those standard metal buildings. I think you can get those for reasonable prices. Obviously it was all drywalled and carpeted. It looks great. You would presume insulation was put in.
    There is stove heater in the before pic but it seems to be gone now? There a unit on the wall that looks like AC?
    The setup of the electric outlets is very spiffy, lots of them down low for the machines and some up high for lighted signs and such.

27 double outlets. Why so many, cause I can, I'm the electrician.
    Behind the curtain is an eight foot sliding glass door.

IMG_1244 (resized).JPG

#8084 1 month ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

But more important, does it have a beer tap?

Not YET

#8085 29 days ago
    Quoted from Toads:

The garage is 20ft wide and 36ft long.
    It took a year to finish.
    It has R2.7 acoustic insulation both in the ceiling and walls.
    That air con you see up on the wall is a 9 kw split system.
    It's mid summer here and it's hovering around 90 to 95 deg every day and the air con is EXTREAMLY efficient.
    What amazed me was the air flow is very uniform, even up the opposite end, same temp all over.

That's a really good size especially the length. You could put 25 game in there and still have a nice bar/seating area. Is that black light carpet? You have got to have more then R2.7 for insulation, that's almost nothing. I have R19 in the walls and R86 in the ceiling.

#8086 28 days ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

While I'm at it, I'd been meaning to post a couple of pics of the ol' man cave...

I am loving the retro-vibe and the soft lighting. It really works with all the wood. Awesome. It feels comfortable. Cool games too!

#8087 28 days ago

Here's a few pics my wife took tonight. My gameroom is constantly evolving. It will probably look different next month.

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

#8088 28 days ago

Lookin' real good, Alex. That's a whole lotta cool in one place:)

*and a sweet Skill Roll not pictured I see. Hope you still have that one!

#8089 28 days ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Here's a few pics my wife took tonight.

That is a superb vintage looking gameroom. Very nice set up..

#8090 28 days ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Here's a few pics my wife took tonight. My gameroom is constantly evolving. It will probably look different next month.

Awesome Gameroom Alex!

Looks and has the feel like a blast to the mid 60's past!

Makes me want to grab a vintage beer like a Lucky lager, Hamm's, Burgie. Oly, etc. from that era and hang out.

Ken

#8091 28 days ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Looks cozy. Take some pictures with everything on.

#8092 28 days ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

*picks jaw up off the ground*

wow.

#8093 28 days ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Very cool! Would love to sit at the table for a four-hand card/poker night. This has moved into my top five favorite game rooms from this thread.

What is the approximate dimensions of the room?

#8094 28 days ago
    Quoted from Bendit:

I am loving the retro-vibe and the soft lighting. It really works with all the wood. Awesome. It feels comfortable. Cool games too!

Wood panelling!
    When I moved in I was thinking of remodeling the whole basement, but I decided to roll with it instead and I'm pretty happy about it.

#8095 28 days ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Lookin' real good, Alex. That's a whole lotta cool in one place:)
    *and a sweet Skill Roll not pictured I see. Hope you still have that one!

Thanks! Yep, Skill Roll is a keeper. It's in the bar area.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Awesome Gameroom Alex!
    Looks and has the feel like a blast to the mid 60's past!
    Makes me want to grab a vintage beer like a Lucky lager, Hamm's, Burgie. Oly, etc. from that era and hang out.
    Ken

Thanks Ken! I bought a case of Blatz this weekend. I just got the Blatz sign above the bar last weekend and had never tried the beer. It wasn't bad. Still have 20 of them though...

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Very cool! Would love to sit at the table for a four-hand card/poker night. This has moved into my top five favorite game rooms from this thread.
    What is the approximate dimensions of the room?

Thanks! I always envision a heated game of Uno with the family at the antique tavern table but that never happens. We do that upstairs. 14.5' x 22' if I remember right?

Quoted from cait001:

*picks jaw up off the ground*
    wow.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks cozy. Take some pictures with everything on.

Quoted from Mopar:

That is a superb vintage looking gameroom. Very nice set up..

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

IMG_1048.jpg
    TinCeling.jpg

#8096 28 days ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a really good size especially the length. You could put 25 game in there and still have a nice bar/seating area. Is that black light carpet? You have got to have more then R2.7 for insulation, that's almost nothing. I have R19 in the walls and R86 in the ceiling.

I did look at black light carpet as the lighting system (when finished) will
    have uv, however it's just hard to get here in Australia.
    All Arcade type carpet is hard to get here.

I did a quick bit of reading on this.
    The "R" value your quoting is a U.S. standard.
    The "R" value I'm using is what's used here and is the "SI" standard.
    The conversion factor is 5.68
    Therefore the R 2.7 x 5.68 = 15.3 U.S. standard
    It equates to R 15.3
    Also I was limited 5 inches in thickness both walls and ceiling.

#8097 27 days ago
    Quoted from Toads:

I did a quick bit of reading on this.
    The "R" value your quoting is a U.S. standard.
    The "R" value I'm using is what's used here and is the "SI" standard.
    The conversion factor is 5.68

To borrow from a local radio icon...

"You'll learn more here by accident than elsewhere by design!"

#8098 27 days ago

Blatz gives you the gatz

#8099 27 days ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Blatz gives you the gatz

baked beans does that on me.

#8100 27 days ago

A few cans of Blatz didn't seem to result in any ill effects. Not my favorite beer by any means but not that bad either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 39.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 63.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 8122 posts in topic. You are on page 162 of 165.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.