Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 477.
    #8001 7 years ago

Right on. I hope one day life allows us to meet. Maybe when I get all my games ordered for your leg light ups I could convince you with a ticket to come help install all them? Preferable around the winter nationals or world finals for NHRA.

#8002 7 years ago

The Moe's sign looks familiar

#8003 7 years ago

Awesome gameroom MustangPaul !!

#8004 7 years ago

MustangPaul Sweet room for sure!! When's the next open-house or freeplay night? I remember when I first joined pinside last year you extended an invitation, but I had no idea what I was missing. Brings back memories of some arcades I grew up in, but yours is way more decked out of course!!

#8005 7 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Holy crap that Batman gun.

Ha ha......it looks like some guys privates that are glowing for some unknown reason.

John

#8006 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

mustangpaul Sweet room for sure!! When's the next open-house or freeplay night?

Seconding this.

#8007 7 years ago

IMG_2829 (resized).pngIMG_2829 (resized).png

#8008 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Right on. I hope one day life allows us to meet. Maybe when I get all my games ordered for your leg light ups I could convince you with a ticket to come help install all them? Preferable around the winter nationals or world finals for NHRA.

Oh man that would be cool, for that I'll even put them all on for you. When you order remind me to put one of my Bonneville racing videos in the order for you.

44 Turbinator still trouble to see the 3 mile marker (resized).jpg44 Turbinator still trouble to see the 3 mile marker (resized).jpg

WOS box art (resized).jpgWOS box art (resized).jpg

WOS box art 2 (resized).jpgWOS box art 2 (resized).jpg

#8009 7 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

The Moe's sign looks familiar

See I put it to good use, people really like it. Thanks.

#8010 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

mustangpaul Sweet room for sure!! When's the next open-house or freeplay night? I remember when I first joined pinside last year you extended an invitation, but I had no idea what I was missing. Brings back memories of some arcades I grew up in, but yours is way more decked out of course!!

Well that's an unknown but it will be before the warm weather sets in cuz it just gets to darn hot down there with everything on. But if all goes right this spring I'm gonna have a weekend long Welcome Home party for my Mustang. The gameroom will be open with an Operation Wolf arcade game, a pool table in the garage, a 16 gallon keg on ice and free rides in the Mustang....if you can fit in the passenger seat that is. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Bring a tent and a sleeping bag and camp out in the back yard.

#8011 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Ha ha......it looks like some guys privates that are glowing for some unknown reason.

John

You perv you.

#8012 7 years ago

For you guys with blacklight carpet, anyone mind sharing what they paid to have it done (wall to wall). I got a quote on doing 600 sf for $8500 which seem really steep. It included removal of old carpet and a thin pad beneath the new blacklight carpet.

#8013 7 years ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

For you guys with blacklight carpet, anyone mind sharing what they paid to have it done (wall to wall). I got a quote on doing 600 sf for $8500 which seem really steep. It included removal of old carpet and a thin pad beneath the new blacklight carpet.

Holy crap are you gettin screwed. PM me with your ph# and I'll call you about it.

#8014 7 years ago

Super cool Paul

#8015 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I also give a quantity discount on my Leg Light-Ups and I also have a couple of supporting products available now too.

I'll have a quantity order coming sometime this spring ... It's on my list. I already got the beatmaster shooter rod housing compliment mod. I'll need some blacklight carpet in about a year for a 12 x 19 pinball area. I like that look. The lit up playfields on the ceilings are pretty cool too. Great game room! Wish I was closer for the open house.

What other products/mods do you make?

#8016 7 years ago

I knew that carpet quote was stupid at $14/sf. The material runs what, $3/sf? I'll try and pm tomorrow when im at my desktop, im not too saavy yet on pm-ing, especially on my phone.

#8017 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I'll have a quantity order coming sometime this spring ... It's on my list. I already got the beatmaster shooter rod housing compliment mod. I'll need some blacklight carpet in about a year for a 12 x 19 pinball area. I like that look. The lit up playfields on the ceilings are pretty cool too. Great game room! Wish I was closer for the open house.
    What other products/mods do you make?

Sounds great, I'll be here....hopefully. When you get your bl carpet go with a big bold pattern with lots of color and don't just light it from above, notice on mine how lit the carpet is under the games that's because I put a 20 inch bl under each game pointing down.

Yeah to bad your so far away but if you ever find yourself in this neck of the woods LMK.

No other mods just add ons. I tell ya about them when the time comes, I don't want to plug up this topic.

#8018 7 years ago
    Quoted from bobloblaw:

I knew that carpet quote was stupid at $14/sf. The material runs what, $3/sf? I'll try and pm tomorrow when im at my desktop, im not too saavy yet on pm-ing, especially on my phone.

Yeah that's a nuts price, mine cost me $17.25/sq yd. But like I told KingBW go with a bold colorful pattern.

#8019 7 years ago

Wow Paul! Your games room is spectacular

#8020 7 years ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

Wow Paul! Your games room is spectacular

Thanks man....there's color everywhere you look.

#8021 7 years ago

Paul , you could lose your buddies in that lighting after a few drinks. I'm coming to your place if I ever made it to the States

#8022 7 years ago

Paul , you could lose your buddies in that lighting after a few drinks. I'm coming to your place if I ever made it to the States

or a few tokes. Come on down, your more then welcome.

#8023 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I love the hound

I'm a bit late on this one, but +1

#8024 7 years ago

Very Nice Lineup MT45

Thx!

Quoted from MacJedi:

Agreed!! Seriously awesome collection, MT45!! BM66SLE! Woah!

Thx. Blessed to get the 66

Quoted from bicyclenut:

HAHAHA!!! I hear ya.. What an awesome collection. Im jealous.

Thx. Started with 1 like most of us!

Quoted from rollinover:

sick game room! but truckstop over LAH and RG!? Say what!? lol jk

I know, I know

Quoted from Pinzap:

Stick with it buddy. We're all here to lend support in your difficult time of battling this disease. It looks like you're doing pretty good so far. I mean... at least you can still get to the thermostat... well, somewhat.

Thermostat was a battle with my wife, newer Sterns are too big and cover it up!

#8025 7 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Thermostat was a battle with my wife, newer Sterns are too big and cover it up!

Alien has a low profile thin back box ... just sayin.

#8026 7 years ago

MustangPaul your place is most superb !!

#8027 7 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

MustangPaul your place is most superb !!

Thank you sir.

#8028 7 years ago

some of you guys with full ski-ball and bowling lanes in your rooms, holy smokes! LOL That's a lot of space I love my room and its a good size and will fit some pins but its not a bowling alley size !!

#8029 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

you guys with full ski-ball and bowling lanes in your rooms, holy smokes!

You are right, they take up much space. These three take up space where at least 20 Pins could
    fit, but during gatherings, they get played much more than not..
    Once the house got paid off, I had to add on for other machines that I had stashed away through out
    the years. It was enjoyful to see them once again after many years of storage.. (T)

IMG_0719 (resized).JPGIMG_0719 (resized).JPG

IMG_0626 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_0626 - Copy (resized).JPG

IMG_0721 (resized).JPGIMG_0721 (resized).JPG

#8030 7 years ago

Mopar- Is that the side of a Block-A-Shot in your first picture? I have one of those in my basement and it gets played like crazy when people come over for games. I've never seen one in anyone else's gameroom. Mine doesn't have the black base that it looks like yours has.

#8031 7 years ago

very cool mopar! I'll tell you this, you get a huge +1 for the Dogs Playing Poker tapestry lol

#8032 7 years ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

Is that the side of a Block-A-Shot in your first picture?

You got it, Wow! I hadn't known of another one in a game room either. Maybe, what's that game next
    to the Skee Ball, but I never gave it a thought that someone would actually know it's a Block-a-Shot!
    I have a few machines that make players swear and laugh at the same time, but B-a-S easily
    takes #1 in that department (especially laugh). When I play, I try to take the left side where the White
    Guy is the blocker, so if I lose, I can use the excuse that the Black Guy jumps higher..
    I got it a few years ago shortly after an old local Vendor (and Friend) had past away. He had it in storage
    since 1976. I received it still in the box. When he use to come over, he told me many interesting old
    time stories. The B-a-S is pretty special to me.. (T)

IMG_0720 (resized).JPGIMG_0720 (resized).JPG

#8033 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

I'll tell you this, you get a huge +1 for the Dogs Playing Poker tapestry

A couple years ago I sold my old pool table (4.5' X 9') to a Friend (Mike Santelli) so I could buy another Friend's
    (Mike Santelli, two Friends with the same name) AE schmitt pool table and he said that the tapestry goes with the
    table and I had to put it up, and I did have an open wall near the pool table, so that's where it went. I knew that I liked his table
    because I played on it a few years back, but didn't know how well of a table it was until after I got it and looked up reviews
    on Maine Home Recreation. Really like that table, and it's a 4' X 8', so now have nice walking room in that area.. (T)

#8034 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bronty:

Dogs Playing Poker tapestry lol

Oh, this went right past me. Yes, the pooshes playing poker is the best one. The one that I have
    they're playing pool. I do have a poker table, so maybe some day..
    Only pic (partcial) I have of the poker chip table.. (T)

IMG_0717 (resized).JPGIMG_0717 (resized).JPG

#8035 7 years ago

oops I meant to say playing pool!

#8036 7 years ago

I would think that having a MBA would make the ABC underplayed?

#8037 7 years ago

I have been drooling over this thread since I first joined pinside and always thought that a game room was unachievable for me since I'm pretty young (27) have a new business (almost a year old) and a wife, 3 kids, and 1 on the way but I've made it a small goal. I built a small building (12'x16') and am about to start finishing it out on the inside.... I moved my small collection of misfit (cheap) pins in there for the first time 2 days ago. It's not much but makes me and my kids happy to have them all lined up and ready to play. Hopefully will have it finished in the next 6 months but, here's my first post in here that I can officially contribute as my humble game room!

IMG_20170117_202742 (resized).jpgIMG_20170117_202742 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170117_202733 (resized).jpgIMG_20170117_202733 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161024_120614 (resized).jpgIMG_20161024_120614 (resized).jpg

#8038 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

I would think that having a MBA would make the ABC underplayed?

You're right. If I had to pick, I would certainly say the MBA gets more play than the Bally ABC, and the MBA is
    by far more realistic to real bowling, but I'm still thinking it doesn't get played a whole lot more..
    I initially added the ABC so that the players who lose out in the 1st round of the annual Feb. blind draw partners
    bowling tournament can play another set of rounds on the ABC and have a chance to win their entree fee ($5.00)
    back so it's not just one lose and out for them. But even when the tournament isn't going on, some like playing
    the ABC. Probably more of the ones that can't roll the ball as straight as others, but still some of the pretty good
    players also. I can say that later in the evening when I'm still plenty awake, but not as awake as earlier in the evening,
    I don't mind playing on the ABC. With less consintration, you can still make a pretty good shot..

#8039 7 years ago

Congrats leaky!

#8040 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I have been drooling over this thread since I first joined pinside and always thought that a game room was unachievable for me since I'm pretty young (27) have a new business (almost a year old) and a wife, 3 kids, and 1 on the way but I've made it a small goal. I built a small building (12'x16') and am about to start finishing it out on the inside.... I moved my small collection of misfit (cheap) pins in there for the first time 2 days ago. It's not much but makes me and my kids happy to have them all lined up and ready to play. Hopefully will have it finished in the next 6 months but, here's my first post in here that I can officially contribute as my humble game room!

You have a good start, and having your kids to enjoy it with is the added plus!!!

I get jealous of some others' gamerooms, as well, but the fact that we all have some sort of collection and share a love for keeping this "hobby" alive is rewarding in itself. It always makes me smile to share my Arcade collection with guests that come over because alot of the younger generation will never know what it was like to grow up in an arcade and hear the sounds of a ton of games playing at once, never knowing that that was our form of bonding and hanging out.... No internet, no social media!! Just a bunch of kids hanging out shelling out quarters(usually my lunch money!!) to get the highest score!!

#8041 7 years ago

Googling switch plates, I found that people were using pinball flipper buttons (arcade button switches) to make wall switch covers. So, I got to work on my laser and cut some plastic sheets (multiple layers, colors and thicknesses), then used six arcade buttons, cut down and shortened, and made me a cool looking wall switch plate. Removed the cover and placed this thing right over the switches at the foot of the stairway in my game room. Very cool results.
    img03 (resized).jpgimg03 (resized).jpg

#8042 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

So, I got to work on my laser and cut some plastic sheets (multiple layers, colors and thicknesses),

Awesome mod!! Mind if I ask which laser cutter you use?

#8043 7 years ago

Y'know I don't remember. It's at the office, and I'll have to check it tomorrow. It is an older 30 watt machine, I think 12 x 17 platen, and can cut with one lens, engrave with the other. Works great. I could easily make polycarbonate plastic protectors with it. HEPA filter built in.

This switch plate needed short button mounts, so I had to hacksaw the threads off, left about 1/8" and ground the hex nuts down to match. So, behind the 1/8" panel it extends slightly more than 3/16". The outside frames just space it out and away from the wall, distance enough so that the buttons will contact the paddle switch behind it. Pretty simple, but required a bit of finesse to make it work properly.

#8044 7 years ago

ramegoom - looking good!

I installed 2 of these light switch covers....

arcade-joystick-light-switch-6582 (resized).jpgarcade-joystick-light-switch-6582 (resized).jpg

#8045 7 years ago

Some truly awesome lineups in some insanely cool game rooms and those light switches

#8046 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Googling switch plates, I found that people were using pinball flipper buttons (arcade button switches) to make wall switch covers. So, I got to work on my laser and cut some plastic sheets (multiple layers, colors and thicknesses), then used six arcade buttons, cut down and shortened, and made me a cool looking wall switch plate. Removed the cover and placed this thing right over the switches at the foot of the stairway in my game room. Very cool results.

You should sell them. I'd buy one for my game room. How about the lightup flipper buttons? They would light up when that particular switch is turned on. Yellow flipper lightup for on, maybe blue or blacklight flipper buttons when they turn off ... then the flipper button turns off on a 10 second delay. Or maybe have all the flipper buttons turn on with a motion detector so that they can be seen in the dark.

Sorry ... just thinking while typing. I'm planning some motion detectors in my new game room that I'm designing. LED accent lights will automatically turn on when motion is detected. Maybe some black lights too for my black light carpet area. I have family members that leave lights on all night quite often. It bugs me. Motion detectors for the accent lighting sounds like a solution.

#8047 7 years ago

Kind of a PITA to make, so I can't see producing them - too labor intensive even with the ease of the laser cutter. You have to cut the button sleeve down along with the mounting nut, cut off the button retainers, then drill a hole thru the base of the button to add a cotter pin. That keeps the button in its holder, which is cut down to fit behind the plate.

The rest is easy, but those buttons are a b!tch. Maybe I'll post a set of images on how I did it. I will be putting another one of these at the top of the stairs, using different color buttons.

#8048 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Kind of a PITA to make, so I can't see producing them - too labor intensive even with the ease of the laser cutter. You have to cut the button sleeve down along with the mounting nut, cut off the button retainers, then drill a hole thru the base of the button to add a cotter pin. That keeps the button in its holder, which is cut down to fit behind the plate.
    The rest is easy, but those buttons are a b!tch. Maybe I'll post a set of images on how I did it. I will be putting another one of these at the top of the stairs, using different color buttons.

A how to guide would be great, would love to see how you made it step by step, creativity of people in this hobby continues to amaze me.

#8049 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

. I moved my small collection of misfit (cheap) pins in there for the first time 2 days ago.

Congrats and what a fantastic start. Especially because the kids like to play! Good for you

#8050 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I'm designing. LED accent lights will automatically turn on when motion is detected.

I need that badly in my game room. If you don't mind, once you figure out where to buy the motion detector (and anything else you are kind enough to tell me about), I wish you would post it here.

Good luck with that project. I'm EXCITED!!!

Mike in Kentucky

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/161?hl=bronty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.