Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 477.
    #7651 7 years ago

Nowhere near as flash but this was our beach at 6 this morning walking the dogs

20161102_062106 (resized).jpg20161102_062106 (resized).jpg

#7652 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh, and don't forget to treat for termites.

The termites might have a little trouble with a cast metal ball washer.

#7653 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

That beach is pretty much standard size like what we have around here. But, as nice as the beach is, like a lot of people we are looking at ways to get out of CA. One place I have been checking out is Montana. I saw a place for sale on Zillow for a reasonable price that has a grass landing strip and an airplane hangar. Now I guarantee you, I will never fly my own plane. So the question is, does this space look like a possibility for something else?

better get a lot of insulation for that hangar if you want to play your games in the winter.

#7654 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Halloween mini gameroom!!

That's a great idea, do you let the trick-or-treaters play the pins?

#7655 7 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

That's a great idea, do you let the trick-or-treaters play the pins?

Hell yeah!! A lot more came to play than I thought too. Some kids were getting yelled at by their friends cause they didn't want to leave. Haha

We're brand new to this neighborhood so I thought that was a good convo starter for the parents too. Found out my neighbor has a Spider-Man arcade in his basement. We picked a cool neighborhood.

#7656 7 years ago

Mine's still coming together ... slowly.

IMG_1519 (resized).JPGIMG_1519 (resized).JPG

#7657 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

That beach is pretty much standard size like what we have around here. But, as nice as the beach is, like a lot of people we are looking at ways to get out of CA. One place I have been checking out is Montana. I saw a place for sale on Zillow for a reasonable price that has a grass landing strip and an airplane hangar. Now I guarantee you, I will never fly my own plane. So the question is, does this space look like a possibility for something else?

To wire, insulate and heat a space that big in Montana is gonna cost ya a FORTUNE. But oh is that nice, just PERFECT for my Mustang.

#7658 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Bring the games, leave your politics at home

#7659 7 years ago
    Quoted from steve-o:

Here's a pic of my early 80's corner. Gotta love them talking early 80's Ballys.

Very nice to say the least.

#7660 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Bring the games, leave your politics at home

Haha good one. Always remember - the ones that want to get out aren't the ones that will be bringing that stuff with them. Enuff said on that

#7661 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

To wire, insulate and heat a space that big in Montana is gonna cost ya a FORTUNE. But oh is that nice, just PERFECT for my Mustang.

The electrical should be OK, I see nice lighting up above. But it looks like there isn't anything on the walls or up above for insulation, as far as I can tell. Now all that insulation stuff isn't something I know much about as we don't have much need for it here (my house doesn't have any insulation in the walls at all). But shouldn't it be possible to shoot that foam stuff all into the walls for a reasonable price? Then install a ceiling to close the room in? Just speculating.

Why would that guy let his plane get all cold in the winter???

#7662 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

The electrical should be OK, I see nice lighting up above. But it looks like there isn't anything on the walls or up above for insulation, as far as I can tell. Now all that insulation stuff isn't something I know much about as we don't have much need for it here (my house doesn't have any insulation in the walls at all). But shouldn't it be possible to shoot that foam stuff all into the walls for a reasonable price? Then install a ceiling to close the room in? Just speculating.
    Why would that guy let his plane get all cold in the winter???

By the looks of the picture you have 10 - 12 ft ceilings with more then likely 2×6 construction. Batt insulation would probably be half the cost as spray foam insulation. However you have to insulate the ceiling as well. Up here in Canada we usually go with both a batt layer and a loose foam popcorn insulation sprayed on top. Maybe consider dividing the space into gameroom/shop? Then you'd only have to insulate half the space. You also have to consider what your heat source will be. If the concrete is not heated you'll need a natural gas furnace or space heaters. I'd guess up to $4000 on heating and $8000 on insulation and drywall/sheetrock depending on labor costs. Great looking space btw and Montana is beautiful. My uncle has a log home ranch on a few sections of land by Helena.

#7663 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's one heck of a beach. Is the tide out? that's a long way to the water.

Yesterday it was a little bit... I'm glad this thread is back on track and it did not turn into a beach thread, but I kinda dig this pic I took this morning!

IMG-20161103-WA0010 (resized).jpgIMG-20161103-WA0010 (resized).jpg

#7664 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yesterday it was a little bit... I'm glad this thread is back on track and it did not turn into a beach thread, but I kinda dig this pic I took this morning!

Man that looks nice.....only problem is I hate salt water.

#7665 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

By the looks of the picture you have 10 - 12 ft ceilings with more then likely 2×6 construction. Batt insulation would probably be half the cost as spray foam insulation. However you have to insulate the ceiling as well. Up here in Canada we usually go with both a batt layer and a loose foam popcorn insulation sprayed on top. Maybe consider dividing the space into gameroom/shop? Then you'd only have to insulate half the space. You also have to consider what your heat source will be. If the concrete is not heated you'll need a natural gas furnace or space heaters. I'd guess up to $4000 on heating and $8000 on insulation and drywall/sheetrock depending on labor costs. Great looking space btw and Montana is beautiful. My uncle has a log home ranch on a few sections of land by Helena.

For the garage/shop ceiling I overbought and couldn't return it so I had to use it up. Fiberglass bat with an R factor of 86. The inspector just laughed and said, "we don't live in the Arctic ya know".

#7666 7 years ago

Posting pics of a beach in a "gameroom pics" thread...

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#7667 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Haha good one. Always remember - the ones that want to get out aren't the ones that will be bringing that stuff with them. Enuff said on that

Shit not true. Colorado, Nevada, AZ, are all feeling the affects of loaded Californians leaving with a butt load of cash, moving to a cheaper cost of living area, and then start wanting things to be California like, minus the taxes.

Anyway. Good luck, I would leave too haha

#7668 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Posting pics of a beach in a "gameroom pics" thread...

Agree!!!

#7669 7 years ago

Even worse: posting complaints about beach pics in a game room thread!

(... Or complaints about complaints!)

#7670 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Outside game room, nice,we're are the machines?

#7671 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Even worse: posting complaints about beach pics in a game room thread!
    (... Or complaints about complaints!)

Worse: complaining about this post -

#7672 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Worse: complaining about this post -

even worst, complaining about the complainers.

#7673 7 years ago

It did look like this with 2 pretty rare posters to match the pinball/video game

IMG_2276 (resized).JPGIMG_2276 (resized).JPG

The 2 Posters, SS pinball and the SSF2X pcb are gone now to be replaced with SF2 champion edition pcb (the one I grew up playing) and IM pinball

IMG_4628 (resized).JPGIMG_4628 (resized).JPG

#7674 7 years ago

The cathedral as we speak. Worked 9h today. What a hobby

IMG_3201 (resized).JPGIMG_3201 (resized).JPG

#7675 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

The cathedral as we speak. Worked 9h today. What a hobby

Always love pics of your game room. You need to shoot one of those 360 photos!

#7676 7 years ago

Here is mine. Still some things to do, and a few pins are missing in this picture.

IMG_20161107_225415276_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20161107_225415276_TOP (resized).jpg

#7677 7 years ago
    Quoted from j69:

It did look like this with 2 pretty rare posters to match the pinball/video game

The 2 Posters, SS pinball and the SSF2X pcb are gone now to be replaced with SF2 champion edition pcb (the one I grew up playing) and IM pinball

j69 Where did you get the multi-color speaker inserts (or lighting) on the IM? Or do you know where the original owner got them from?

#7678 7 years ago

Added a GB premium to the lineup:
    lineup04 (resized).jpglineup04 (resized).jpg

Slowly running out of room. Time to trade and swap.
    lineup01 (resized).jpglineup01 (resized).jpg
    lineup02 (resized).jpglineup02 (resized).jpg
    lineup03 (resized).jpglineup03 (resized).jpg

#7679 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Those shuffle alleys look cool.

#7680 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

HAH! You're filling up that giant space already??? I wish I had that problem </envious>

#7681 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

HAH! You're filling up that giant space already??? I wish I had that problem </envious>

Not to point out the obvious, but those games could be moved closer together!

#7682 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

My best kept secret....! It's the "emergency" contingency.

#7683 7 years ago

I take it that the Skippy has been painted? I have never seen a red one.

#7684 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

I take it that the Skippy has been painted? I have never seen a red one.

Yep, painted red. The original "sixties" artwork consisted of obtuse triangles and weird earthy colored geometric designs, and was pretty sad looking and sun faded. I could have tried to replicate it, but it was just too ugly, so I painted the town red. Also sent the control panel and legs out for powder coating, and re-designed the control panel to include a "Free Play" button to match the others.
    control_panel (resized).jpgcontrol_panel (resized).jpg

Then, spruced up the coin box with a custom laser cut aluminum tag over the coin return. Probably should have sent that box out for powder...
    coin_box_tagged (resized).jpgcoin_box_tagged (resized).jpg

#7685 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Spacing is perfect! I hate it when games are shoved too close. You can't enjoy the cabinet or backbox art and I hate it when the guy playing next to me encroaches on my personal flipper hand space!

The better solution is to build a bigger game room! By the way, how big is the current room?

#7686 7 years ago

2900 sq. ft.

Actually if I deduct the shop area, bedroom and bathroom, it's about 2300 ft.

Big enough.

img06-1600 (resized).jpgimg06-1600 (resized).jpg

#7687 7 years ago

4e03811e62dc8e1e62947835a1914b6751d76ac7 (resized).jpg4e03811e62dc8e1e62947835a1914b6751d76ac7 (resized).jpg68c419a6f80832d18740c3b5bcfae507d67d16ad (resized).jpg68c419a6f80832d18740c3b5bcfae507d67d16ad (resized).jpg999184240998cc5bbf0f411e4d6bc1628e87a2d0 (resized).jpg999184240998cc5bbf0f411e4d6bc1628e87a2d0 (resized).jpgb6947f5e8ff3c4c88dfd80e8935389deffa8cc2f (resized).jpgb6947f5e8ff3c4c88dfd80e8935389deffa8cc2f (resized).jpgd866437f01b137c1a6cd9eedc918651ad73f70f2 (resized).jpgd866437f01b137c1a6cd9eedc918651ad73f70f2 (resized).jpgf118f09ac4634fc19d171c1d20478cb2f50d409f (resized).jpgf118f09ac4634fc19d171c1d20478cb2f50d409f (resized).jpge46c77762fd3dcea0f8f3f36772ddce64c6429ab (resized).jpge46c77762fd3dcea0f8f3f36772ddce64c6429ab (resized).jpgef6ed034cbe0be31e7e001458cccd7138ad87ea7 (resized).jpgef6ed034cbe0be31e7e001458cccd7138ad87ea7 (resized).jpg

#7688 7 years ago

The professional pinball-player need an ear protector

IMGP5906.JPGIMGP5906.JPG

IMGP5902.JPGIMGP5902.JPG

#7689 7 years ago

Nothing new really, but took some new pics for something else so thought I could toss them here as well

IMG_4454 (resized).jpgIMG_4454 (resized).jpg

IMG_4457 (resized).jpgIMG_4457 (resized).jpg

IMG_4455 (resized).jpgIMG_4455 (resized).jpg

IMG_4459 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_4459 (1) (resized).jpg

IMG_4456 (resized).jpgIMG_4456 (resized).jpg

IMG_4458 (resized).jpgIMG_4458 (resized).jpg

#7690 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Nothing new really, but took some new pics for something else so thought I could toss them here as well

What's wrong with the Airborne? Is that a bungie cord?

#7691 7 years ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

What's wrong with the Airborne? Is that a bungie cord?

Airborne is waiting on parts, which hopefully will be here today. Have some coils locked on so transistors and/or chips need replacement.

If by bungee cord you mean the yellow and black thing hanging from the ceiling - that is a TRX workout system. If you know me, you know damn well that isn't mine. LOL My wife uses it.

Chris

#7692 7 years ago

Airborne is waiting on parts, which hopefully will be here today. Have some coils locked on so transistors and/or chips need replacement.
    If by bungee cord you mean the yellow and black thing hanging from the ceiling - that is a TRX workout system. If you know me, you know damn well that isn't mine. LOL My wife uses it.
    Chris

I think he means on the glass, pretty sure it's only just the power cord though.

#7693 7 years ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

Mine is a work in progress

Bit more progress

IMG_4830 (resized).JPGIMG_4830 (resized).JPG

IMG_4831 (resized).JPGIMG_4831 (resized).JPG

IMG_4814 (resized).JPGIMG_4814 (resized).JPG

#7694 7 years ago

Chris

I thought it was a love swing!

#7695 7 years ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

Bit more progress

What is your plan for setting up the machines in this room?

#7696 7 years ago

I can fit 10 on the back wall then I have a couple of arcades and a double driver for the other wall. Max I could fit 17 pins on both walls if my calculations are correct but don't ever plan on having that many...for now

#7697 7 years ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

I can fit 10 on the back wall then I have a couple of arcades and a double driver for the other wall. Max I could fit 17 pins on both walls if my calculations are correct but don't ever plan on having that many...for now

What is the size of the room?

#7698 7 years ago

7.5m x 4.5m or roughly 24'7" x 14'7"

#7699 7 years ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

Bit more progress

What are you doing for flooring?

#7700 7 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

What are you doing for flooring?

Thinking carpet tiles, reasonably inexpensive and durable.

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/154?hl=walt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.