Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 477.
    #7601 7 years ago

Mine is a work in progress

IMG_0115 (resized).JPGIMG_0115 (resized).JPG

#7602 7 years ago

Looks like it's going to be a great space. How many games will you be able to get in there?

#7603 7 years ago
    Quoted from jsyjay:

Mine is a work in progress

What, no build thread?

#7605 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Looks like it's going to be a great space. How many games will you be able to get in there?

Max around 16 but going to keep it around 10 with a few arcades and other bits

#7606 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

"Tables" is apparently a dangerous word to use around here! There's even a thread about it...

table (resized).jpgtable (resized).jpg

#7607 7 years ago

Some of the game rooms are amazing! hope I can have one in my home

#7608 7 years ago

Yeah, stern definitely lost itself!

#7609 7 years ago
    Quoted from johnhelmets:

Some of the game rooms are amazing! hope I can have one in my home

Welcome to PS. You'll have to get your first game first.

#7610 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Have you somehow sealed the autographs on the ball washer so they don't fade away or accidentally get smudged?

Im guessing it doesnt actually get used.

#7611 7 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Im guessing it doesnt actually get used.

I'm sure it doesn't. However, even sitting on display in your house, there is the chance that someone is going to touch it or accidentally rub against it. That was my point.

#7612 7 years ago

Then be prepared to spend every other thought consumed with pinball. Enjoy the ride,and be prepared for all the ups and downs. Ex. I went to do a simple wipe down clean on my new game and broke a switch. Now I wait for part and get to solder new switch.

#7613 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Have you somehow sealed the autographs on the ball washer so they don't fade away or accidentally get smudged?

I actually talked with a vice president at Par Aide after I got it and he said he also has one and that as long as it doesn't have direct sunlight, it should be fine. I too thought I would need to put some kind of clear coat on it to preserve the autographs, but 4 years later, it looks the same as the day I got it. The one that sits outside during the summer, I actually wax to keep it looking good.

20160616_194501 (resized).jpg20160616_194501 (resized).jpg

#7614 7 years ago

DE/Sega/Stern evolution collection.

20161030_144513 (resized).jpg20161030_144513 (resized).jpg

20161030_144439 (resized).jpg20161030_144439 (resized).jpg

#7615 7 years ago

Room for one more?

DSC_0714 (resized).jpgDSC_0714 (resized).jpg

DSC_0705 (resized).jpgDSC_0705 (resized).jpg

DSC_0712 (resized).jpgDSC_0712 (resized).jpg

#7616 7 years ago
    Quoted from bpeed99:

Room for one more?

i hope that's rhetorical.

#7617 7 years ago

Depends on who you ask. Contrary to what the wife thinks, there is always room for one more.

#7618 7 years ago

Looks like you could get another 20 in there

#7619 7 years ago

Just finished rearranging most of my collection.

IMG_4579 (resized).JPGIMG_4579 (resized).JPG

#7620 7 years ago

Three straight gamerooms with the Sopranos. Love it!!

#7621 7 years ago

One of these things don't belong. One of these things just aren't the same.

Quoted from PinBallMagician:

Just finished rearranging most of my collection.

#7622 7 years ago

Hey guys - I just moved into a house with an unfinished basement. Any advice on the electrical? I have heard 3 pins per 15 amp circuit in the past.

Any advice on a cut off system that protects the pins, but does not require me to unplug them all the time?

#7623 7 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

Hey guys - I just moved into a house with an unfinished basement. Any advice on the electrical? I have heard 3 pins per 15 amp circuit in the past.
    Any advice on a cut off system that protects the pins, but does not require me to unplug them all the time?

I'm going to be finishing a blank canvas shortly myself. But, I'm not sure what you mean by cutoff system to protect machines. Do you mean to prevent damage by lightning or other electrical surges? Or something else? I know I don't keep my pins unplugged at home.

Jaz

#7624 7 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

How many of your games are completly led? That makes a BIG difference. Do you have a Kill-a-Watt measuring device?

#7625 7 years ago

I currently have five games and two puck bowlers on a single 20 amp circuit, with no issues whatsoever.

I did, however, LED all of these machines including the bowlers, so the current consumption is significantly lower than the standard setup.

I will be adding yet another pin (GB PRE) to the lineup so there will be six pins and two bowlers on a single circuit. Mathematically, this lineup will max out the 20 amp circuit at that point.

#7626 7 years ago

80% capacity is the recommended limit for any kind of power system, so i wouldn't go past 16a on a 20a circuit.

#7627 7 years ago

Yep, I'm putting a watt meter onto the main power panel, with a digital display where I can view it outside of the utility room (weekend project just waiting for "the weekend"). This will give me an exact picture on where the power is being used.

The entire game room is 2900 sq. ft. with a 100 amp service panel divided into 16 circuits, and every light in the room is LED...it'll be interesting to see where the power goes.

If I get too close to the 80% margin, I can split the feeds into two circuits which will resolve any issues, but so far, it's got enough wiggle room for the circuit.

#7628 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm sure it doesn't. However, even sitting on display in your house, there is the chance that someone is going to touch it or accidentally rub against it. That was my point.

DO NOT ever clear coat an autograph. It will ruin any value that it has. In the autograph collecting world, this is the worst thing anyone can do to an autograph. The best thing for an autograph to keep it's integrity is to put it into a very dark closet to avoid all UV lighting, including those UV rays from artificial sources.

#7629 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

DO NOT ever clear coat an autograph. It will ruin any value that it has. In the autograph collecting world, this is the worst thing anyone can do to an autograph. The best thing for an autograph to keep it's integrity is to put it into a very dark closet to avoid all UV lighting, including those UV rays from artificial sources.

So, in other words, never look at the object again, this will preserve the integrity of the ink pigment. Make a padded box for the signed article, paint the inside of the box black. And mount the item in the box so as to not allow it to touch anything. Then place the box in a plastic sealable bag, place that bag in another sealable bag. Place the final item in a padded treated crate that is nailed shut, then screw the crate into the floor of a climate controlled closet, set the temperature to 73 degrees, and research what humidity is best for preserving the item and ink with the ink manufacturing company and the items manufacturers, and set it as such. Place a set of 4 servailence cameras on the closet and inside the closet with a monitoring system (including an off site video backup system) mounted in a safe and secure servailence room. Be sure your smart phone can call up the video feed from anywhere. Lock the closet door, and place motion sensors and alarms on the door.

Next is to secure your walls, doors, floors, ceilings and windows with steel barricades, and place broken glass shards cemented into your roof. Oh, and don't forget to treat for termites.

#7630 7 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Built an 8ft bar out of two old playfields and playfield glass. Installed GI lighting and LED sequencers for the inserts.

That is an incredibly smart idea. I am going to borrow it and I hope you won't mind. I have a few Playfields (SilverBall Mania, Playboy and others) with no cabinets. They will be perfect.

Yves

#7631 7 years ago

Great idea for the stamps. I just wish the USPS artist would consider it.

Yves

#7632 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

So, in other words, never look at the object again, this will preserve the integrity of the ink pigment. Make a padded box for the signed article, paint the inside of the box black. And mount the item in the box so as to not allow it to touch anything. Then place the box in a plastic sealable bag, place that bag in another sealable bag. Place the final item in a padded treated crate that is nailed shut, then screw the crate into the floor of a climate controlled closet, set the temperature to 73 degrees, and research what humidity is best for preserving the item and ink with the ink manufacturing company and the items manufacturers, and set it as such. Place a set of 4 servailence cameras on the closet and inside the closet with a monitoring system (including an off site video backup system) mounted in a safe and secure servailence room. Be sure your smart phone can call up the video feed from anywhere. Lock the closet door, and place motion sensors and alarms on the door.
    Next is to secure your walls, doors, floors, ceilings and windows with steel barricades, and place broken glass shards cemented into your roof. Oh, and don't forget to treat for termites.

Yup, that's what I do.

#7633 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Yep, I'm putting a watt meter onto the main power panel, with a digital display where I can view it outside of the utility room (weekend project just waiting for "the weekend"). This will give me an exact picture on where the power is being used.
    The entire game room is 2900 sq. ft. with a 100 amp service panel divided into 16 circuits, and every light in the room is LED...it'll be interesting to see where the power goes.
    If I get too close to the 80% margin, I can split the feeds into two circuits which will resolve any issues, but so far, it's got enough wiggle room for the circuit.

With all 14 of my games and black lighting on the wheel inside the meter only take 5 seconds to go around compared to 19 when everything is off. Probably only takes a second to go around when all the games are being played.

#7634 7 years ago

Halloween mini gameroom!!

IMG_4933 (resized).JPGIMG_4933 (resized).JPG

#7635 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

With all 14 of my games and black lighting on the wheel inside the meter only take 5 seconds to go around compared to 19 when everything is off. Probably only takes a second to go around when all the games are being played.

#7636 7 years ago

I just posted a video of my game room .

Blog Post :
    https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/11/01/game-rooms-pinball-supernova-game-room-walk-thru-video/

Video :

Title for YouTube Videos (resized).jpgTitle for YouTube Videos (resized).jpg

#7637 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Exactly

#7638 7 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

» YouTube video

That about sums it up and people do have that look on their face when they come down into my game room for the first time too.

#7639 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Better yet, let the top men handle it.

17C97777-A913-41A8-ABDB-607C10EEAF73-224-00000003D94509C1_tmp (resized).png17C97777-A913-41A8-ABDB-607C10EEAF73-224-00000003D94509C1_tmp (resized).png

#7640 7 years ago

OT: Only virtual meetings scheduled at work for the rest of the week, so we decided to extend Halloween in our beach house.... I already miss my pinballs!!!

IMG-20161102-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20161102-WA0002 (resized).jpg
    IMG-20161102-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20161102-WA0001 (resized).jpg

#7641 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

OT: Only virtual meetings scheduled at work for the rest of the week, so we decided to extend Halloween in our beach house.... I already miss my pinballs!!!

That's one heck of a beach. Is the tide out? that's a long way to the water.

#7642 7 years ago

You think that's long way to the water, the tide goes out a mile and a half where my parents live!

This video was filmed from their garden:

New_New_7863958 (resized).jpgNew_New_7863958 (resized).jpg

#7643 7 years ago

That beach is pretty much standard size like what we have around here. But, as nice as the beach is, like a lot of people we are looking at ways to get out of CA. One place I have been checking out is Montana. I saw a place for sale on Zillow for a reasonable price that has a grass landing strip and an airplane hangar. Now I guarantee you, I will never fly my own plane. So the question is, does this space look like a possibility for something else?

mt airplane hangar (resized).jpgmt airplane hangar (resized).jpg

#7644 7 years ago

Oughta be able to fit a few games in there!

#7645 7 years ago

IMG_6939 (resized).JPGIMG_6939 (resized).JPG

#7646 7 years ago

Here's a pic of my early 80's corner. Gotta love them talking early 80's Ballys. ...regretting parting ways with my FG, Embryon, Elektra, Vector and Stern Lightning.

~Steveo

talking ballys (resized).jpgtalking ballys (resized).jpg

#7647 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

the question is, does this space look like a possibility for something else?

Looks like a stamp collector's dream.

#7648 7 years ago

Oh man those 4 in a row are nice.

#7649 7 years ago

Now I wanna go to a beach!

#7650 7 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Now I wanna go to a beach!

Come on down!

This is what it looks like now that all the tourists are gone:
    HB empty (resized).jpgHB empty (resized).jpg

This is what it looks like in the summer.
    HB full (resized).jpgHB full (resized).jpg

Its 75 deg today without a cloud in the sky.

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/153?hl=walt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.