Topic Stats

• 23,814 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 minutes ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 477.
    #7551 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Yep, those are cool. Except one problem. That damn Talky Tina. She scares the living crap out of me. I would be in fear every time I stepped in the room and saw her looking at me.
    I almost pulled the trigger on one of these a while back when you could still get one from Amazon. My plan was to put her head up against a grinder, tie her up in a bag, and throw her in a trash can with bricks on top. I'm pretty sure that would get rid of her once and for all.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

"Hi, I'm Talky Tina, and I'm starting to hate you..."

ha! ha! Good one! LMAO

#7552 7 years ago

I have recently updated my collection after finally moving to a bigger house, I have room for one more at a push.

IMG_0132 (resized).JPGIMG_0132 (resized).JPG

#7554 7 years ago

i'd be worried about fade in that room.

#7555 7 years ago

New to the hobby (less than 10 months) and new to this thread so my game room isn't going to come close to many of the other game rooms posted in here, however I still wanted to share my work in progress. Basement is still pretty bare as the house is only 18 months old so that explains the white walls. Additionally my girlfriend loves painting murals and she has plans to put arcade murals up on all of the walls. Some of the pictures I post will highlight the first wall she completed which is going down the stairs into the basement. Props to many of you in this thread as you have some awesome game rooms. Enjoy!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7556 7 years ago

LOL...the glow bowl is awesome! Great room. My foosball table lasted about 10 minutes once I discovered pins

#7557 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

New to the hobby (less than 10 months) and new to this thread so my game room isn't going to come close to many of the other game rooms posted in here, however I still wanted to share my work in progress. Basement is still pretty bare as the house is only 18 months old so that explains the white walls. Additionally my girlfriend loves painting murals and she has plans to put arcade murals up on all of the walls. Some of the pictures I post will highlight the first wall she completed which is going down the stairs into the basement. Props to many of you in this thread as you have some awesome game rooms. Enjoy!

Looks like your gr is a hit. Good to see ya here.

#7558 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

LOL...the glow bowl is awesome! Great room. My foosball table lasted about 10 minutes once I discovered pins

My foosball table might be next on the chopping blocks as well. Although I still have one more unfinished room over by the pool table that's about 14x20, so I do have room for expansion. Anyone interested in the glow bowl, which we also have one in our bedroom and the girlfriend loves it because now when she gets up at 3am to pee she doesn't get blinded by turning on the bathroom light, the glow bowl is motion-sensor and lights up the bathroom and it's a soft light. Here is a link: http://tinyurl.com/jxws3nz

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like your gr is a hit. Good to see ya here.

Thanks and glad to be here! So far it has been a huge hit. The street that I moved to last year just happened to be the newest street in our development and I'm surrounded by 14 current and former military families and the entire street is very outgoing. We have block parties once a month during the summer and since I DJ on the side, I provide the entertainment for those as well as a 14 foot blow up movie screen which is another hit with the kids on the street. Just last month I decided to host an adult game night, $10 a couple and payouts would be for first and second place and I also got 2 customer trophies made up to hand out to the winners. I ended up having 12 couples attend which was way more than I expected, but happy everyone was excited to participate. All couples played scotch doubles pool, foosball (guys could only use one hand), basketball (guys had to shoot with opposite hand), all 4 pinball machines playing split flipper with their partner, and then Ms Pac Man (the sped up version), and Tiki Toss. The tournament went from 7:30pm until 11:30pm before we determined the winners and everyone had a blast and they keep asking me when we are doing it again. Almost everyone in attendance had rarely if ever played pinball before and they all enjoyed it quite a bit.

-Chad

#7559 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

OK, you're new to this hobby and new to this thread.... so here's what you must do now: get rid of everything non-pinball in your game room and fill every inch with pinball machines!

btw, nice Riverboat Gambler pin.... it's been a loooong time since I played one! Do you still have it? I saw other games in another pics....

#7560 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

OK, you're new to this hobby and new to this thread.... so here's what you must do now: get rid of everything non-pinball in your game room and fill every inch with pinball machines!
    btw, nice Riverboat Gambler pin.... it's been a loooong time since I played one! Do you still have it? I saw other games in another pics....

I hear you on the more pins aspect! It's a slow work in progress, sorta. I mean I went from 1 to 4 pins in 6 months. As for Riverboat, I actually just ended up trading that game for No Fear at the York PA pinball show. It was a super nice and super clean pin that I started to convert over to LED's and the LED's really make that game shine.

#7561 7 years ago

so only 4-5 games in 6-10 months? slacker.

#7562 7 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

so only 5 games in 6-10 months? slacker.

Yeah, it took me almost 2 years to get me my 2nd game.... Then my wife and I agreed that I would add a new pin in a yearly basis... In a 8-yr span I got myself 12 pins and I'm already targetting my 13rd... well, I ain't got the budget (neither the space), for more anyway....

#7563 7 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

so only 4-5 games in 6-10 months? slacker.

LOL! It took me 15 years to get back to 5 (3 setup), however, I've already cycled through the stages of pindiction once.

#7564 7 years ago

Keep the variety in your room...and don't get rid of that foosball machine. Those have a way of coming back into popularity. It's been in and out for years. Now, air hockey, on the other hand, is not as good, and takes up room. Pool table makes much more sense.

Beef jerky. That's the lube we used to make the rods slippery enough for play. Keep a pack or two near the machine. Players will wonder...

I'm a big believer in "variety is the spice of life" and pins alone don't make it. You need a little of everything to keep the generations of players interested.

#7565 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

My foosball table might be next on the chopping blocks as well. Although I still have one more unfinished room over by the pool table that's about 14x20, so I do have room for expansion. Anyone interested in the glow bowl, which we also have one in our bedroom and the girlfriend loves it because now when she gets up at 3am to pee she doesn't get blinded by turning on the bathroom light, the glow bowl is motion-sensor and lights up the bathroom and it's a soft light. Here is a link: http://tinyurl.com/jxws3nz

Thanks and glad to be here! So far it has been a huge hit. The street that I moved to last year just happened to be the newest street in our development and I'm surrounded by 14 current and former military families and the entire street is very outgoing. We have block parties once a month during the summer and since I DJ on the side, I provide the entertainment for those as well as a 14 foot blow up movie screen which is another hit with the kids on the street. Just last month I decided to host an adult game night, $10 a couple and payouts would be for first and second place and I also got 2 customer trophies made up to hand out to the winners. I ended up having 12 couples attend which was way more than I expected, but happy everyone was excited to participate. All couples played scotch doubles pool, foosball (guys could only use one hand), basketball (guys had to shoot with opposite hand), all 4 pinball machines playing split flipper with their partner, and then Ms Pac Man (the sped up version), and Tiki Toss. The tournament went from 7:30pm until 11:30pm before we determined the winners and everyone had a blast and they keep asking me when we are doing it again. Almost everyone in attendance had rarely if ever played pinball before and they all enjoyed it quite a bit.
    -Chad

Now that's the way to have a party. Keep the variety. Can you open up the basement? Or are the walls for the 14x20 room needed for support?

#7566 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now that's the way to have a party. Keep the variety. Can you open up the basement? Or are the walls for the 14x20 room needed for support?

Thanks! Good question about the walls, but I don't believe they are needed for support. I will have to double check. House was built 1/2015, not sure if that means anything or not in relation to the walls being there for support.

#7567 7 years ago

Dude, your post was so confusing so I edited it, ok? You're welcome!

"Keep the variety in your room...and *** get rid of that foosball machine. Those have a way of coming back ***. It's been in and out for years. Now, air hockey **** is not as good, and takes up room. Pool table "doesn't" make* much more sense.

Beef jerky. *** Keep a pack or two near the machine. Players will wonder...

I'm a big believer in "variety is the spice of life" and pins alone *** make it. You need a little of every Pin* to keep the generations of players interested."

#7568 7 years ago

Nothin like walking up stairs and seeing these!

IMG_1460 (resized).JPGIMG_1460 (resized).JPG

#7569 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Dude, your post was so confusing so I edited it, ok? You're welcome!
    "Keep the variety in your room...and *** get rid of that foosball machine. Those have a way of coming back ***. It's been in and out for years. Now, air hockey **** is not as good, and takes up room. Pool table "doesn't" make* much more sense.
    Beef jerky. *** Keep a pack or two near the machine. Players will wonder...
    I'm a big believer in "variety is the spice of life" and pins alone *** make it. You need a little of every Pin* to keep the generations of players interested."

Nah. Too much maintenance.

There is more to life - than pinball machines.

#7570 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Nah. Too much maintenance.

WHAT?!?!?!

#7571 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Where?!?!?!

#7573 7 years ago

I do hope he's gonna say beer drinking or searching for places to go to where you can play pinball

#7574 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Stamp collecting.

Stamp-booklet (resized).pngStamp-booklet (resized).png

#7575 7 years ago

#7576 7 years ago

I'm finally starting to set up the game room, woohoo!

We installed the one set of tentacles a couple weeks ago--still have two more to put up--and got the seating area set up last Sunday. Plenty of space for GB when it gets here, and then...?

IMG_4053 (resized).JPGIMG_4053 (resized).JPGIMG_4051 (resized).JPGIMG_4051 (resized).JPGIMG_4052 (resized).JPGIMG_4052 (resized).JPGIMG_4049 (resized).JPGIMG_4049 (resized).JPGIMG_4048 (resized).JPGIMG_4048 (resized).JPG

#7578 7 years ago

Heading into the off-season here at my golf course, so I had my range crew moving pinball machines around this morning for me, making room for the two new additions that will be here on Tuesday (Jungle Lord, Stars). Of course, after moving the machines around, I had to have everyone test them to make sure they worked and were level. I've had these in the pro shop all summer, and none of these guys had ever played. They were all introduced to pinball for about an hour this morning. Pretty tough when the boss says you have to play pinball while you're on the clock.

Austin,Lucas,DillonPB.1 (resized).JPGAustin,Lucas,DillonPB.1 (resized).JPG

#7579 7 years ago

That would make an awesome plastic (not sure what size) for a light up box to hang on the wall.

#7580 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

We installed the one set of tentacles a couple weeks ago--still have two more to put up--and got the seating area set up last Sunday. Plenty of space for GB when it gets here, and then...?

Lookin goooood. Room for 3 more?

#7581 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Heading into the off-season here at my golf course, so I had my range crew moving pinball machines around this morning for me, making room for the two new additions that will be here on Tuesday (Jungle Lord, Stars). Of course, after moving the machines around, I had to have everyone test them to make sure they worked and were level. I've had these in the pro shop all summer, and none of these guys had ever played. They were all introduced to pinball for about an hour this morning. Pretty tough when the boss says you have to play pinball while you're on the clock.

Were they on free play all season? Your my kind of boss.

#7582 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

How did you do those octopus arms in the corner - did you hand paint those?

#7583 7 years ago
    Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I have recently updated my collection after finally moving to a bigger house, I have room for one more at a push.

Very nice!

#7584 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Were they on free play all season? Your my kind of boss.

It's one of their (many) perks. If they work here, they get free golf, free range balls, free golf lessons, equipment at cost, and free pinball.

#7585 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Lookin goooood. Room for 3 more?

That's what I'm thinking! Well 2 after GB gets here!

Quoted from Goronic:

How did you do those octopus arms in the corner - did you hand paint those?

They are large vinyl wall clings. A bitch to put up--every one of those sucker circles was a divorce waiting to happen lol--but I think they look pretty great installed! Lots of options out there or you can get custom ones printed.

#7586 7 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Always nice to see another Hi Deal machine. I have had mine for over 35 years.

Game room (resized).jpgGame room (resized).jpg

#7587 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

My backyard course is about to close down for the winter too. So it is back to playing golf in the clubhouse and the games in the arcade.

20160715_152359 (resized).jpg20160715_152359 (resized).jpg

golf games (resized).jpggolf games (resized).jpg

Game room (resized).jpgGame room (resized).jpg

#7588 7 years ago

Need to place regulation flagsticks on those greens.

#7589 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

It's one of their (many) perks. If they work here, they get free golf, free range balls, free golf lessons, equipment at cost, and free pinball.

I see a King Kong listed in your collection? (and one previously owned)

What??? Cool

#7590 7 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

I see a King Kong listed in your collection? (and one previously owned)
    What??? Cool

Now we want some pics!!!

#7592 7 years ago

Almost didn't see that Hardbody pin snuck in at the end of the row. Savvy.

#7593 7 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Almost didn't see that Hardbody pin snuck in at the end of the row. Savvy.

Hardbody RULES, It's the best way to lift

#7594 7 years ago

We rearranged the golf shop to accommodate a couple of new additions to our pinball arcade. Plans are to add on to the clubhouse so that we can have a separate pinball room.

DSC03032 (resized).JPGDSC03032 (resized).JPG

DSC03033 (resized).JPGDSC03033 (resized).JPG

#7595 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

We rearranged the golf shop to accommodate a couple of new additions to our pinball arcade. Plans are to add on to the clubhouse so that we can have a separate pinball room.

So.... when will the "best Star Trek pin ever made" be added to the collection?

#7596 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So.... when will the "best Star Trek pin ever made" be added to the collection?

Once the addition is built onto the clubhouse we'll start looking for it. It's definitely on the short list.

#7597 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Once the addition is built onto the clubhouse we'll start looking for it. It's definitely on the short list.

Love this! You're 3/4 the way there! I'm 1/2 there with Next Gen and Bally Star Trek myself. I got EXTREMELY lucky with both and picked up primo examples on the cheap (and fairly recently too).

#7598 7 years ago

My "clubhouse" doesn't have any games, well except for the Putting Challenge. But I sure wish I had a place for all those Star Trek tables.

FB_IMG_1463682657470 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1463682657470 (resized).jpg

20160429_190410_001[1] (resized).jpg20160429_190410_001[1] (resized).jpg

#7599 7 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

My "clubhouse" doesn't have any games, well except for the Putting Challenge. But I sure wish I had a place for all those Star Trek tables.

Have you somehow sealed the autographs on the ball washer so they don't fade away or accidentally get smudged?

#7600 7 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

for all those Star Trek tables.

"Tables" is apparently a dangerous word to use around here! There's even a thread about it...

There are 23,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/152 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.