Topic Stats

• 13,987 posts
  • 1,725 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 718 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,531 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191012_105011 (resized).jpg
    ED2A129D-7F22-4FE6-82A1-B3607ABE43C0 (resized).jpeg
    E2B457C2-AE8C-47A4-8C4B-06984D6D2E10 (resized).jpeg
    6F33CDC3-E68E-4522-9FD0-8890E73997AA (resized).jpeg
    AC8A2430-32C3-4ACB-B6C2-B91274C3CC82 (resized).jpeg
    FCCB5E8E-60E8-4E47-ACBB-CA4E28C92719 (resized).jpeg
    643FEB75-4ECA-4B2E-B69A-5FF3C522CE81 (resized).jpeg
    62DB8538-B212-40E4-A979-142B7F95F9FE (resized).jpeg
    53D3750E-856F-46A8-AFF6-18518D867825 (resized).jpeg
    838BAE00-D7B9-4259-AA52-D79A6DCE8FEB (resized).jpeg
    CF683E87-392A-4428-B83D-91BE21B14686 (resized).jpeg
    CDED6FDA-670C-4FD5-8AF9-BA85E42B9C5C (resized).jpeg
    92C9903D-37AD-45FD-98EF-2C9EC86E562B (resized).jpeg
    F8411972-262F-456D-B297-409EF4895791 (resized).jpeg
    B5406188-7B27-4141-A063-3B9A2CA831A0 (resized).jpeg
    Sans titre (resized).jpg

There are 13987 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 280.
    #7501 3 years ago
    Quoted from whisper:

Lol @mustangpaul it's just peices of used carpet I got from the back of a carpet shop when they pulled it out from a school, an just used strong gaffer tape to tape it together, came up pretty cool considering I had a small budget to make a shitty looking shed into a cave, all my mates kicked In an helped so we always call it the shed love built, definatly does the trick..

Free carpet is good.....as long as it doesn't smell.

#7502 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You're gonna need a bit more than 5 machines to fill it!

When five pins are almost too much...

img09 (resized).jpg

#7503 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Aah, rumpus room. So that's what I should have called my basement. Time for a new neon sign.

Awesome space!

#7504 3 years ago

rumpus room does have a nice sound to it.

#7505 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

Without a doubt. Much better than man cave or even game room. I gotta get a design going for a neon sign.

I wonder if ROMPER ROOM was a derivative?

#7506 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Aah, rumpus room. So that's what I should have called my basement. Time for a new neon sign.

Now you're just rubbing it in... ...That will make one hell of a games room.

#7507 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Without a doubt. Much better than man cave or even game room. I gotta get a design going for a neon sign.
    I wonder if ROMPER ROOM was a derivative?

image (resized).jpeg

#7508 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

When five pins are almost too much...

What's the largest number of people you've had over since it was done?

#7509 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

I've heard the kids play room called that when I was a kid in the '50's and '60's.

#7510 3 years ago

Here's my small but cozy 10' x 9' spare bedroom. Just enough room for a couch, tv and 2 pins. Could add another pin but would have to hang the tv. Still have a couple more neons to hang.

20161011_211123 (resized).jpg

20161011_211409 (resized).jpg

20161011_211327 (resized).jpg

#7511 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Here's my small but cozy 10' x 9' spare bedroom. Just enough room for a couch, tv and 2 pins. Could add another pin but would have to hang the tv. Still have a couple more neons to hang.

Nice...it just goes to show you don't need a huge space...Now I just need to shift those boxes, book case, desk, ironing board and wardrobe and I might be able to make some room for a couple pins. The hard part will be convincing my better half that it is absolutely necessary for my health and wellbeing.

#7512 3 years ago

semi-tangent: it's like those people who can't park their car in their garage cause they got so much crap in there. i live in a new neighborhood, houses are only a year or two old; some built this year. there are people who just moved in with cars in their driveways already! clean up and throw some of your junk out! damn hoarders. or if you need a woodworking shop, use your f'n basement.

tangent: to make things worse, then you have people backing into their driveways blocking traffic (me). i wanna kill em. i wanna kill em!

sorry about that. i don't know what got into me.

#7513 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

semi-tangent: it's like those people who can't park their car in their garage cause they got so much crap in there. i live in a new neighborhood, houses are only a year or two old; some built this year. there are people who just moved in with cars in their driveways already! clean up and throw some of your junk out! damn hoarders. or if you need a woodworking shop, use your f'n basement.
    tangent: to make things worse, then you have people backing into their driveways blocking traffic (me). i wanna kill em. i wanna kill em!

No more coffee for you.

#7514 3 years ago

if people think i'm crotchety now (37), just wait 30 years.

#7515 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

Call the Amish mafia.

#7516 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

if people think i'm crotchety now (37), just wait 30 years.

You better call your local chapter of Anger Management NOW before it gets you in trouble with your neighbors.

#7517 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

semi-tangent: there are people who just moved in with cars in their driveways already! clean up and throw some of your junk out! damn hoarders. or if you need a woodworking shop, use your f'n basement.
    tangent: to make things worse, then you have people backing into their driveways blocking traffic (me). .

Shoot their tires out!

#7518 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

You better hang that f***ing tv....

#7519 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Put that tv on the wall to the left and looks like you might have room for a row of 4 pins...

#7520 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

So you sit there and play virtual pinball in front of your real pins? That's like cheating on your wife right in front of her!

#7521 3 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

So you sit there and play virtual pinball in front of your real pins? That's like cheating on your wife right in front of her!

Vp is for when someone is waiting to play

Quoted from swillie:

Put that tv on the wall to the left and looks like you might have room for a row of 4 pins...

I can hang the tv and fit 3 with access to the closet. 4 pins and no access to 4ft closet.

I have a full 1100sq2 basement that's currently being renovated into 2 bedrooms, bath, rumpus/games room. And one of those bedrooms could be a pin room too. Think I can fit about 15 pins total.

#7522 2 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

A couple of the game house. A long way to go but pretty good start. And the skeeball is a big hit

I realize this post is from a couple months back but where did you get that awesome skee ball machine? I want one!

#7523 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hang the t.v ,a small room with one or two pins is better than no pins and just a t.v, way to go, get one more!!

#7524 2 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

if you need to kill get a twd and kill em all!!!

#7525 2 years ago

Update on mine - almost full after a year with 29 pins, 1 big ball bowler, and 2 sit down arcades - guess I need to build another house!

IMG_2160 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2163 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2164 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2162 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2161 (resized).JPG

IMG_2166 (resized).JPG

#7526 2 years ago

Nice whats with all of the chairs? With the amount of Games I wouldn't think there would be that much waiting....

#7527 2 years ago

i thought the same thing. trash them and get some high tops.

they were probably free. someone was throwing out a waiting room.

#7528 2 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

i thought the same thing. trash them and get some high tops.
    they were probably free. someone was throwing out a waiting room.

Ditch most of the chairs all together and put in more games, seems like plenty of room if you ditch those chairs.

#7529 2 years ago

I host a 30 member league so seating is a plus - no more room for games except maybe one more by Spectrum. I don't like to pack games in where people are bumping into each other.

#7530 2 years ago

Not highlighting the room, just have friends and family over and the pins have been getting non stop play. Fun times.

IMG_4710 (resized).JPG

#7531 2 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Not highlighting the room, just have friends and family over and the pins have been getting non stop play. Fun times.

That is probably the most diverse 3 pin lineup possible! Very cool.

#7532 2 years ago

Moved things around a bit , added a couple to the room since last post in here a year ago.
    Taxi is new ( Just finished) , Grand Prix moved into the row of pins , was moved to make 2nd row , and vids now in their own room . It ain't much , but I built it on a shoe string budget taking over 20 + years to settle with these keepers . I have made room for a future pin or two by moving stuff around and tossing some unneeded furniture .
    JP

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#7533 2 years ago

Den of pin early (resized).jpg
    Early shot of my future "Den of Pin" before I had completely sealed off the third garage. On the table are magnets I would use to create a bug screen so I could go open door when the weather is nice.
    Den of pin create screen (resized).jpg
    Sewing the screen.
    Den of pin screen (resized).jpg
    Screen in place.
    Faux brick (resized).jpg
    Closing up one of two large openings with framework and insulation.
    Faux brick complete (resized).jpg
    Simple Faux brick from Lowe's that I would later paint black and add an A/C window unit.
    Early with freezer door in place (resized).jpg
    In the back you will notice a black curtain. This is actually a heavy duty commercial freezer door. Does a great job of keeping that room cold even on the hottest days in TN.
    den of pin airbrush (resized).jpg
    Room painted black and dark blue. Fiber Starfield installed but not yet trimmed. Starting the airbrushing. I also added a 5.1 blutooth surround system with all of the speakers mounted in the ceiling and a couple of powered subs hiding under the pinball machines. I can wake the neighbors when the door is open!
    den of pin installing fiber starfield (resized).jpg
    Wide view of starfield pre trimmed and airbrushed "aurora" theme.
    Den of pin2 (resized).jpg
    Expanding the game lineup. I now have 14 machines (some still in the stages of restoration) and I rotate them out to keep the lineup fresh.
    Den of Pin wide (resized).jpg
    Built an 8ft bar out of two old playfields and playfield glass. Installed GI lighting and LED sequencers for the inserts. Also wall mounted 3 TVs on left wall. One for sports, etc and the other two are in the portrait mode and are switchable to any of the playfields from overhead mounted HD cameras. Can either display 4 on 1 or a single playfield. Great for tournaments.
    Den of pin1 (resized).jpg
    Perfect weather and big door open for PinGolf competition this past Thursday night. I have been having Thursday nights for the last 3 years, way before I had the room done when I only had a single Virtual Pinball cabinet. It has only grown from there with as many as 18 people showing up on some Thursdays. My wife doesn't mind it so much since people don't have to trudge through the house when we play, and there is a fridge for beer on the other side of the garage and a bathroom just inside the back door. It's a great setup. Good times!

#7534 2 years ago

Fantastic! Another example of why this is my fav thread on pinside.

Great space...

#7535 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

That is probably the most diverse 3 pin lineup possible! Very cool.

Very diverse...and not even one game with a dot matrix display.

#7536 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Fantastic! Another example of why this is my fav thread on pinside.
    Great space...

Thanks! It took me a couple of years to do all that, but it was a labor of love. To see my friends enjoy themselves on Thursdays makes it all worth it.

#7537 2 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

To see my friends enjoy themselves on Thursdays makes it all worth it.

Tomorrow is Thursday, so where is Arlington, Tennesse on the map and what time should we all come over?

#7538 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Tomorrow is Thursday, so where is Arlington, Tennesse on the map and what time should we all come over?

Hahaha! But of course!

Arlington is in West Tennessee, about 25 miles outside of MEM. And pinballers are always welcome.

Bring $5 to enter the PinGolf and whatever beverages you enjoy. And be advised the Den of Pin sometimes smells like Bob Marley's apartment. Not that I would know anything about that.

#7539 2 years ago

So we built a bar downstairs in our new house. i decided i needed a pinball machine for the bar, turns out i was wrong...

20160923_200847 (resized).jpg
    20160923_201105 (resized).jpg

...we obviously needed 6. I got the 1st one off rotordave, saw his games room... Nek minnit

anyways, the bar!

bar2 (resized).jpg

and if you have a bar, might as well have a pole!

bar3 (resized).jpg

#7540 2 years ago
    Quoted from cycochris:

So we built a bar downstairs in our new house. i decided i needed a pinball machine for the bar, turns out i was wrong...

...we obviously needed 6. I got the 1st one off rotordave, saw his games room... Nek minnit
    anyways, the bar!

Looks awesome Chris, hope to visit some day!

Cheers,

Luke

#7541 2 years ago
    Quoted from cycochris:

anyways, the bar!

Looks like a fun place. Now get rid of those totes under the games and get them on some kick ass black light carpet.

#7542 2 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

Built an 8ft bar out of two old playfields and playfield glass. Installed GI lighting and LED sequencers for the inserts.

More info and pics please. That thing looks great!

#7543 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Very diverse...and not even one game with a dot matrix display.

Thanks. Also have a couple EM's, one that will edventually be in there.

Yeah, I sort of skipped the whole DMD thing, it won't be that way forever, just sorta the way things worked out lol.

Getting ready to move my office and the wifes craft area to a dedicated room which should make room for 3-4 more. I've got one or two DMD games in mind that might make it in and the wife is encouraging me to sell RFM as there are other games she likes better. I don't know though, I'm kind of fond of the P2K platform.

#7544 2 years ago

Found my grail pin to flank TZ after selling Who Dunnit yesterday. Who says you can't take it with you??

20161020_034301 (resized).jpg

#7545 2 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Found my grail pin to flank TZ after selling Who Dunnit yesterday. Who says you can't take it with you??

These games are beautiful side-by-side!

IMG_20161010_195214 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161010_195139 (resized).jpg

#7546 2 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

More info and pics please. That thing looks great!

I'll try to get some video of the table, take the glass off, show how I wired it up etc. and share it with the forum. I'll also give some details about what components I used and how I built it. I'll post a link to the new thread here when I have it done.

#7547 2 years ago

love those TZ framed prints! very clean.

Quoted from cheshirefilms:

#7548 2 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

I'll try to get some video of the table, take the glass off, show how I wired it up etc. and share it with the forum. I'll also give some details about what components I used and how I built it. I'll post a link to the new thread here when I have it done.

Awesome sauce,sketches and DIM's too please. I have two Lost World playfields that need to be a bar.

#7549 2 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

love those TZ framed prints! very clean.

Yep, those are cool. Except one problem. That damn Talky Tina. She scares the living crap out of me. I would be in fear every time I stepped in the room and saw her looking at me.

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these a while back when you could still get one from Amazon. My plan was to put her head up against a grinder, tie her up in a bag, and throw her in a trash can with bricks on top. I'm pretty sure that would get rid of her once and for all.

amazon.com link »

#7550 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Yep, those are cool. Except one problem. That damn Talky Tina. She scares the living crap out of me. I would be in fear every time I stepped in the room and saw her looking at me.
    I almost pulled the trigger on one of these a while back when you could still get one from Amazon. My plan was to put her head up against a grinder, tie her up in a bag, and throw her in a trash can with bricks on top. I'm pretty sure that would get rid of her once and for all.
    amazon.com link »

"Hi, I'm Talky Tina, and I'm starting to hate you..."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 224.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 248.85
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 28.95
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    There are 13987 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 280.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside