Topic Stats

• 13,897 posts
  • 1,710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 709 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15688473187176823571493391847452 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184847751 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184946184 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184920596 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_185013953 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184958527 (resized).jpg
    20190917_125326 (resized).jpg
    FAA2C6BB-D1A2-4A77-963B-51585A9DA6C9 (resized).jpeg
    received_641975349614799 (resized).jpeg
    received_1764228700379749 (resized).jpeg
    received_512930622841088 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190913_104804775 (resized).jpg
    0589A254-C51A-4AE6-AD4B-E4264AF4F2DC (resized).jpeg
    5B54F353-17B7-4E88-9D89-2EC39501167A (resized).jpeg
    20190915_165520 (resized).jpg
    20190915_165527 (resized).jpg

There are 13897 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 278.
    #7451 2 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

No manually operated scoreboard? At least something like that to track the score of the Cubs game or something generic like a high score board for Golden Tee or just a calendar as a nod to the manual scoreboard. Also, surprised he doesn't have custom painted Blackhawks vs Bruins/Flyers/or Lightning for the Super Chexx.

Yeah, there's always smthg wrong or missing for someone to bitch about.....

#7452 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Killer space. Would you mind sharing where that trippy table and chair came from? LOVE.

Thanks,
    Here you go, They are reasonably priced too. I think I found them cheaper somewhere other than amazon, But I don't remember where...

https://amzn.com/B0046W8EF6
    pasted_image (resized).png

#7453 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Thanks,
    Here you go, They are reasonably priced too. I think I found them cheaper somewhere other than amazon, But I don't remember where...
    https://amzn.com/B0046W8EF6

Glad Gorillabiscuits asked as I was mesmerized stairing at that table when I saw it LOL.

#7454 2 years ago

New ceiling about to be installed so I took this photo as a before snap.

IMG_0301.JPG

#7456 2 years ago

wall 2 has begun:

IMAG0269[3] (resized).jpg

IMAG0302[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG0303[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG0310[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG0312[1] (resized).jpg

#7457 2 years ago

Moved my 3 pins together into one room, because it just seemed like it would be more fun than scattered around the rest of the basement.

Gameroom (resized).jpg

#7458 2 years ago

It's been a few year since I posted in this thread. Things have definitely changed and gotten tighter in the basement since then!

Welcome to my Pinball Arcade & Game Worn Hockey Collection (No Flames fans allowed)

IMG_8433 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8434 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8713 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8718 (resized).JPG

#7459 2 years ago

Now the Edmonton Oilers section. Almost every item is game worn/used and came from the Oilers locker room over the years.

IMG_8719 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8715 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8716 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8717 (resized).JPG

#7460 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

It's been a few year since I posted in this thread. Things have definitely changed and gotten tighter in the basement since then!
    Welcome to my Pinball Arcade & Game Worn Hockey Collection (No Flames fans allowed)

Nice! A Slap Shot!
    Got one of those myself, I'm currently recreating the marquee from a scan of the side. I don't have the topper, did it come stock with it? Do you know if they're all supposed to have it?
    Also working on a BOPP resto.
    I'd like to add an Ice Fever to the collection eventually.

Wow, the Oilers stuff is crazy too. Were you involved with the team in any way or just a huge fan?

#7461 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

Now the Edmonton Oilers section.

That's impressive! Be honest - have you thought about selling all of that and using the space for more pins?

#7462 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's impressive! Be honest - have you thought about selling all of that and using the space for more pins?

Not the penalty box! That's a keeper.

#7463 2 years ago

I remember the Oilers of the 80s . One of the greatest teams ever . I'm a Flyers fan and they did take the Oilers to 7 games I believe it was Hextalls rookie year and lost another year to the Oilers. Do you have anything from cement head. The goons where always my favorite players. Dave Brown was on Edmonton for awhile

#7464 2 years ago

IMG_20160905_135822 (resized).jpg

#7465 2 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Nice! A Slap Shot!
    I'd like to add an Ice Fever to the collection eventually.
    Wow, the Oilers stuff is crazy too. Were you involved with the team in any way or just a huge fan?

Yeah one I found out about Slapshot I had to find one. Me too, Ice Fever would be a good add. Thanks! No, just a fan with a passion to search out cool shit.

Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Haha! I hear you, but no I haven't. But the shooting room was going to be a "Wizards Castle" Arcade full of pins before it turned into the shooting room/penalty box.... I'm sure one day it'll be converted to hold more pins once the kids get older...

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Not the penalty box! That's a keeper.

Quoted from Spider3582:

I remember the Oilers of the 80s . One of the greatest teams ever . I'm a Flyers fan and they did take the Oilers to 7 games I believe it was Hextalls rookie year and lost another year to the Oilers. Do you have anything from cement head. The goons where always my favorite players. Dave Brown was on Edmonton for awhile

Those Phi vs Edm series are my favorite hockey memories as a kid in the 80's!
    No Semenko stuff yet, but I hope to add some someday.

#7466 2 years ago
    Quoted from n0s4atu:

Moved my 3 pins together into one room, because it just seemed like it would be more fun than scattered around the rest of the basement.

looks great side by side!

#7467 2 years ago

How do you like Close Encounters? Gameroom looks good!

#7468 2 years ago

Nice, Cam! Never seen anyone with there own penalty box. That would be great for misbehaving kids lol.

#7469 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

Yeah one I found out about Slapshot I had to find one.

Are you the one who posted about looking for one on the Canadian forums this winter?

#7470 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Way too much games right now. Need to slim down but can't let go

Get rid of the bar or sell 75% of your B titles... lots of new great games coming out soon.

-Mauro

#7471 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice, Cam! Never seen anyone with there own penalty box. That would be great for misbehaving kids lol.

Thank you! Haha, yes it's true.
    Yeah it's a nice touch, a little over the top but fun and functionable! I always say if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong

Next up: full size rink with boards and glass in the backyard! Our 33'x50' is too small for the kids now.

Quoted from PhilGreg:

Are you the one who posted about looking for one on the Canadian forums this winter?

Yes I did post a wanted thread on maaca sometime last winter. I ended up finding one in BC and had it shipped.

#7472 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

Thank you! Haha, yes it's true.
    Yeah it's a nice touch, a little over the top but fun and functionable! I always say if you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong
    Next up: full size rink with boards and glass in the backyard! Our 33'x50' is too small for the kids now.

Yes I did post a wanted thread on maaca sometime last winter. I ended up finding one in BC and had it shipped.

Nice! I got the one from the Ontario guy who was looking for a trade. How about that topper, does that look stock? What does it do? Light up each time you score?

#7473 2 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Nice! I got the one from the Ontario guy who was looking for a trade. How about that topper, does that look stock? What does it do? Light up each time you score?

So it was you that scooped it from me! It actually worked out better that that one got away from me....
    No it's just a goal light that lights up from a button. It just looked good up there. However the original brochure for Slap Shot shows a goal light topper that I assume was functional....

#7474 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

Now the Edmonton Oilers section. Almost every item is game worn/used and came from the Oilers locker room over the years.

awesome awesome room. I dig the penalty box and the oilers stuff, sad to hear they traded hall this year. I finally found a open ice and still in the hunt for a dedicated gretzky machine.

reminds me of a buddys mansion I grew up with, he had a little roller rink setup in his basement you could play 2 on 2 in. great great room buddy! thumbs up!

#7475 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cam:

So it was you that scooped it from me! It actually worked out better that that one got away from me....
    No it's just a goal light that lights up from a button. It just looked good up there. However the original brochure for Slap Shot shows a goal light topper that I assume was functional....

nothing personal, I had my eye on that one too ever since I saw it at the NW expo a few years back. I had to trade a DMD for it (plus got some cash back). It's hard to put a value on the Slap Shot since it's so rare, but I figure it's pretty unique and given the small footprint, fun gameplay and how cool the theme is it was worth it.
    Glad it worked out for you too!

#7476 2 years ago

Cool little video on slap shot I found

#7477 2 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

awesome awesome room. I dig the penalty box and the oilers stuff, sad to hear they traded hall this year. I finally found a open ice and still in the hunt for a dedicated gretzky machine.
    reminds me of a buddys mansion I grew up with, he had a little roller rink setup in his basement you could play 2 on 2 in. great great room buddy! thumbs up!

Thank you! Yeah I'm going to miss Hall, but our D should be much better this year... I hope.

Quoted from PhilGreg:

nothing personal, I had my eye on that one too ever since I saw it at the NW expo a few years back. I had to trade a DMD for it (plus got some cash back). It's hard to put a value on the Slap Shot since it's so rare, but I figure it's pretty unique and given the small footprint, fun gameplay and how cool the theme is it was worth it.
    Glad it worked out for you too!

Haha, no worries. Like I said it worked out better that I found this one much closer to home. You traded Fishtales for it right? I agree about the value as there is never any for sale, or even sold ads to go off of for value.
    Exactly! I used to think why is there so many baseball pitch n bats and never a hockey themed one..... then I stumbled on a Slap Shot and had to find one!

#7478 2 years ago

amazingly there are two slap shots on ebay haha

#7479 2 years ago

I guess you're inferring that it's not that rare... hey I don't know, I'd never seen one before the NW show and the one I got and couldn't find much info about it either, might be more common than I thought.
    Either way, cool machine and nice to have for hockey fans such as myself and my buddy over in Edmonton!

#7480 2 years ago

I was implying they are rare and it's amazing 2 have actually surfaced!!

#7481 2 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

amazingly there are two slap shots on ebay haha

If they are the ones I saw when I was looking, they have been on for many months. $2999 was the price when I was looking and at the they will still be there next year.
    I'm too lazy to search eBay right now to see if I'm right...

#7482 2 years ago

One of them is listed at 650 not working, the other 1800. I was valuing it at about 1500$. Yeah traded my FT for it and got cash back too.
    The guys came to make the switch in my basement with their escalera , and I talked their ear off about pinball as is the unwritten rule Nice chaps, too!

#7483 2 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

One of them is listed at 650 not working, the other 1800. I was valuing it at about 1500$. Yeah traded my FT for it and got cash back too.
    The guys came to make the switch in my basement with their escalera , and I talked their ear off about pinball as is the unwritten rule Nice chaps, too!

I would never trust anyone who came to my house wearing chaps.

#7484 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I would never trust anyone who came to my house wearing chaps.

In Texas this would possibly be a welcome thing, some folks who would wear chaps may be more trustworthy than others

#7486 2 years ago

i hate show-offs

IMG_8209 (resized).JPG

IMG_8210 (resized).JPG

IMG_8211 (resized).JPG

IMG_8212 (resized).JPG

IMG_8213 (resized).JPG

#7487 2 years ago

Ha, Facebook just popped this throwback photo on my page from 11 years ago....
    This was the "Pirate Room" we had in the spare bedroom of our apartment we were in at the time.
    There were two TV's behind the hawaiian skirts, and the chest had a NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, and Dreamcast which would play on said TV's. I also remember how fortunate we were that for a majority of the time we lived here there were no neighbors living above us.

I didn't even know I had this photo anywhere, I think my game room has evolved well since then.

Pirate Room (resized).jpg

#7488 2 years ago

Had a little get together and the cookout quickly turned in to hours of pinball

IMG_5397 (resized).JPG

IMG_8337 (resized).JPG

IMG_8334 (resized).JPG

#7489 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Had a little get together and the cookout quickly turned in to hours of pinball

It's great to see so many kids enjoying pinball!

#7490 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

It's great to see so many kids enjoying pinball!

Absolutely. They always gravitate toward the games and every time they play they get better. Kids were ages 3-7 and had a blast.

#7491 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Absolutely. They always gravitate toward the games and every time they play they get better. Kids were ages 3-7 and had a blast.

Some of my friends kids are at that age too. They always have a blast when the stop by. A couple of them had never seen a pinball machine before, so it was fun explaining it to them and watching them play for the first time.

You've filled that room up pretty well, but still seems like there's still room to maneuver.

#7492 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Some of my friends kids are at that age too. They always have a blast when the stop by. A couple of them had never seen a pinball machine before, so it was fun explaining it to them and watching them play for the first time.
    You've filled that room up pretty well, but still seems like there's still room to maneuver.

I am at capacity for sure per the game room treaty of 2016 enacted by my wife. Plenty of space to play comfortably. I do need to use the cart to maneuver machines around for service though.

I have 2 more games in the garage, which need to be sold, or put in the info shined side of the basement, South Park and Demolition Man.

RBION was sold and replaced with a T2, that is killer now with a Pinsound board in it. Missing Ripley though and will probably try and find another one.

#7494 2 years ago

No one escapes the Black Hole

Quoted from robotron:

i hate show-offs

#7495 2 years ago

Mean while in a garage in Australia.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#7496 2 years ago
    Quoted from whisper:

Mean while in a garage in Australia.

What's that material on the floor? Almost summer time your you guys down under. We lust had our first hard frost last night so that means the snow isn't far behind.

#7497 2 years ago

Lol mustangpaul it's just peices of used carpet I got from the back of a carpet shop when they pulled it out from a school, an just used strong gaffer tape to tape it together, came up pretty cool considering I had a small budget to make a shitty looking shed into a cave, all my mates kicked In an helped so we always call it the shed love built, definatly does the trick..

#7498 2 years ago
    Quoted from whisper:

Lol @mustangpaul it's just peices of used carpet I got from the back of a carpet shop when they pulled it out from a school, an just used strong gaffer tape to tape it together, came up pretty cool considering I had a small budget to make a shitty looking shed into a cave, all my mates kicked In an helped so we always call it the shed love built, definatly does the trick..

I'm so jealous after reading through this thread and looking at all these fantastic games rooms. It's a shame they don't build houses in Australia with basements like they do in the US. Some houses have rumpus rooms, but they are not as common as the basements they build in houses across the pond.

It's a great idea though to convert the shed into a games room. If only I had a basement, rumpus room, or room for a shed. Maybe one day...sigh.

#7499 2 years ago

Aah, rumpus room. So that's what I should have called my basement. Time for a new neon sign.
    view03 (resized).jpg

#7500 2 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Aah, rumpus room. So that's what I should have called my basement. Time for a new neon sign.

You're gonna need a bit more than 5 machines to fill it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 289.00
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 159.00
    $ 64.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    There are 13897 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 278.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside