Topic Stats

• 23,721 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by toaster777
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163742 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163730 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163712 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163705 (resized).jpg

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 475.
    #7401 7 years ago
    Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

2x CV and 2x SS
    Do you really like those games?

Makes sense. Who wants to wait in line when someone is playing your Scared Stiff?

#7402 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Well, here's half of the gameroom.

When is your pinball party?

#7403 7 years ago

Kudos to Pinside for giving the option of only looking at pics on each page...we spoke, they listened...a better pinside for all!!! Best thread of them all, right here

#7404 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Yep. But I got a killer deal on each of those; so there they are. No plans to change them out yet.

Fair play to you. I hope each CV has a different colour light though!

...I have no CV at all (sad face)...

#7405 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Kudos to Pinside for giving the option of only looking at pics on each page...we spoke, they listened...a better pinside for all!!! Best thread of them all, right here

Where are you able to do this>?

#7406 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cobra:

Where are you able to do this>?

up top under Topic Gallery, click 'view topic image gallery'

#7407 7 years ago

thanks

#7408 7 years ago

Other half of the gameroom. EMs, classic Sterns and, not in frame, is the ball bowler.

20160923_185507 (resized).jpg20160923_185507 (resized).jpg

#7409 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Other half of the gameroom. EMs, classic Sterns and not in frame is the ball bowler.

Awesome.

Not sure about your choice in couches but at least they match the walls!

#7410 7 years ago

So where do you park your car

#7411 7 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

So where do you park your car

In the garage. This is a pole barn with garage doors for easy loading. No escalara needed.

#7412 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

In the garage. This is a pole barn with garage doors for easy loading. No escalara needed.

Now that's the way to play.

#7413 7 years ago

Definatley out of room now. Taking glass off requires pumping the game up which sucks but this is FL and we dont have basements, im jeloeus.

20160905_092245 (resized).jpg20160905_092245 (resized).jpg

#7414 7 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Definitely out of room now.

Guess when you're playing a pin you must get to know the person playing the game directly opposite yours pretty well...

#7415 7 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Guess when you're playing a pin you must get to know the person playing the game directly opposite yours pretty well...

#7416 7 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Good way to make friends. I'd invite only women to play in that room.

#7417 7 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Its like in fight club, you have to decide wether to give someone the ass or crotch

#7418 7 years ago

The Shadow finally made it into my 4-game lineup...

lineup-9_16 (resized).jpglineup-9_16 (resized).jpg

#7419 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Nice - what did you use for insulation in the pole barn?

#7420 7 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I'd like to know this as well. Been thinking about ways to convert a pole barn turned into a decent pinball barn.

#7421 7 years ago

The best way to go is with spray on insulation, that's what my buddy did and it's tight as a drum.

#7422 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

The best way to go is with spray on insulation, that's what my buddy did and it's tight as a drum.

That's what I figured... What about heating the barn? Heated floor? Gas with blower ?

#7423 7 years ago

That's what I figured... What about heating the barn? Heated floor? Gas with blower ?

My buddy also has a heated floor installed (hot water) when the shop was build. He loves it especially during our cold MN winters, the heat is totally even...and your feet don't get cold. Just remember that an overhead garage type gas furnace vents the combustion gasses out the flue but it heats the room air so you have to have an opening to the outside to replace the oxygen in the room. A home type furnace uses outside air to heat then blows that into the house but you'd need duct work in the pole barn to distribute that warm air around and cold air returns. If you have the money the heated floor is the way to go.

#7424 7 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

You mean like the scene form "requiem for a dream"?
    Was really hard to find a non-R rated photo of this scene, this will have to do...
    "I went ahead and flagged this image as un-safe for work. But they are only barbies."

#7425 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

My buddy also has a heated floor installed (hot water) when the shop was build. He loves it especially during our cold MN winters, the heat is totally even...and your feet don't get cold. Just remember that an overhead garage type gas furnace vents the combustion gasses out the flue but it heats the room air so you have to have an opening to the outside to replace the oxygen in the room. A home type furnace uses outside air to heat then blows that into the house but you'd need duct work in the pole barn to distribute that warm air around and cold air returns. If you have the money the heated floor is the way to go.

Thanks for the info ... I have to admit I don't have much knowledge about heated floors but it sounds like a good idea. What actually heats the floor piping - is it attached to an oil or wood furnace ?

#7426 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spock:

You mean like the scene form "requiem for a dream"?
    Was really hard to find a non-R rated photo of this scene, this will have to do...
    "I went ahead and flagged this image as un-safe for work. But they are only barbies."

This is amazing, thanks for sharing.

#7427 7 years ago

Well, I wouldn't mind playing some butt-to-butt pinball with:

200 (resized).png200 (resized).png

DBRdD3T (resized).jpgDBRdD3T (resized).jpg

#7428 7 years ago

Thanks for the info ... I have to admit I don't have much knowledge about heated floors but it sounds like a good idea. What actually heats the floor piping - is it attached to an oil or wood furnace ?

My buddy has his hooked up to propane, he has a 500 gallon tank and heats his shop and house with propane, forced air in the house tho. Do you already have a cement floor in your building? If so you would have to put down a sub floor with the piping in that. My buddies is in the cement because he started from the ground up on his build.

#7429 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I wouldn't mind playing some butt-to-butt pinball with:

Oh I remember those pants in the second picture VERY well.....I had a blast in the 70's and 80's.

#7430 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

My buddy has his hooked up to propane, he has a 500 gallon tank and heats his shop and house with propane, forced air in the house tho. Do you already have a cement floor in your building? If so you would have to put down a sub floor with the piping in that. My buddies is in the cement because he started from the ground up on his build.

If I can manage the funds it will be a ground up building. Its just a piece of land with a lot of trees for now... I can clear the land. After that, its up to other experts. If I'm going to spend the money I don't want to cheap out and make something for all of that trouble that I'm not happy with... I want to do it right.

#7431 7 years ago

Ok here are the specifics on the pole barn. 30' x 60' with 10' interior walls. 6" walls with standard fiberglass in the walls. They may have had spray insulation in 1992, but it wasn't one of the options. The attic has about 24" of blown-in insulation.

I have a 90+ natural gas furnace with an air conditioner to heat and cool. Garage doors are insulated, but this is the biggest heat loss area in the winter. I jam wood wedges between the door and track to keep out the gaps in the winter. It stays pretty warm in winter and cool in summer. The air never runs in the summer unless it starts pushing 90F outside.

The service is 100A, 240/120V and is adequate to run all 46 games and have the AC on, which I have to do when there are 40 people and all the games on in the summer. In the winter I just crack open the garage doors an inch or two.

#7432 7 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Ok here are the specifics on the pole barn. 30' x 60' with 10' interior walls. 6" walls with standard fiberglass in the walls. They may have had spray insulation in 1992, but it wasn't one of the options. The attic has about 24" of blown-in insulation.
    I have a 90+ natural gas furnace with an air conditioner to heat and cool. Garage doors are insulated, but this is the biggest heat loss area in the winter. I jam wood wedges between the door and track to keep out the gaps in the winter. It stays pretty warm in winter and cool in summer. The air never runs in the summer unless it starts pushing 90F outside.
    The service is 100A, 240/120V and is adequate to run all 46 games and have the AC on, which I have to do when there are 40 people and all the games on in the summer. In the winter I just crack open the garage doors an inch or two.

That's a nice set-up, 2x6 walls are a must for our winters. I made my garage walls into 2x6's by adding a 2x2 to each stud, my walls are now R19. The big 8x16 garage door is the weak spot, I insulated that but it's only about an R7. I over bought on insulation and couldn't take it back so I put it in the ceiling....R 86 worth. The attached 12x22 addition, one whole wall was taken out and spanned ha 2x6 walls R19, floor is above ground 2x10 with R22 and ceiling is 2x10 with R22. For heat I have a 85,000btu natural gas ceiling hung forced air. This winter will be it's first test so we'll see what my heat bills will be. I'll only have it at 45 degrees when I'm not working in it so they won't be to bad I hope. My total garage/shop is 24x36x10.

#7433 7 years ago

Thank for all the good info folks !

#7434 7 years ago

Thank for all the good info folks !

Just keep us in the loop when you start.

#7435 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmieczko:

The Shadow finally made it into my 4-game lineup...

Great choices for 4 games.

#7436 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Great choices for 4 games.

Thanks! Loving them all right now.

#7437 7 years ago

Delayed update:

With help from an wellarmed pinsider, turned my workplace into gameroom

Pics of our 25th-anniversary-party:

H&D 25 Jahre 173.JPGH&D 25 Jahre 173.JPG

H&D 25 Jahre 175.JPGH&D 25 Jahre 175.JPG

H&D 25 Jahre 185.JPGH&D 25 Jahre 185.JPG

H&D 25 Jahre 207.JPGH&D 25 Jahre 207.JPG

H&D 25 Jahre 184.JPGH&D 25 Jahre 184.JPG

#7438 7 years ago

Her name is Lotte, and she plays better than me
    This picture was made an our Xmas-party in December 2015..

IMGP5218.JPGIMGP5218.JPG

#7439 7 years ago

Took some pictures yesterday of the gameoom.

IMG_3209 (resized).JPGIMG_3209 (resized).JPG

IMG_3210 (resized).JPGIMG_3210 (resized).JPG

IMG_3213 (resized).JPGIMG_3213 (resized).JPG

IMG_3211 (resized).JPGIMG_3211 (resized).JPG

IMG_3215 (resized).JPGIMG_3215 (resized).JPG

IMG_3216 (resized).JPGIMG_3216 (resized).JPG

IMG_3219 (resized).JPGIMG_3219 (resized).JPG

#7440 7 years ago

Still working on moving machines inside

IMG_20161001_243254184 (resized).jpgIMG_20161001_243254184 (resized).jpg

#7441 7 years ago
    Quoted from MasterBroshi:

Still working on moving machines inside

What? No pins here?

#7443 7 years ago

Amazing he has room for any pinball machines. I imagine most of the room would have been filled with bitterness and disappointment.

#7444 7 years ago

How many baseball teams have their own pinball machine? Wonderful mancave and at least the game looks fun!

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=502&picno=37869&zoom=1

#7445 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Took some pictures yesterday of the gameoom.

I love that room!

I even see my name in one of pictures.

Can't wait for your next get together!

#7446 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I love that room!
    I even see my name in one of pictures.
    Can't wait for your next get together!

There are several names that aren't mine in there. Many of them yours!

I will try and do something soon.

#7447 7 years ago

That's one of the reasons I'm very selfish with my machines!!!

#7448 7 years ago

Finally got my MMR a few months back, now I need to finish off the small remaining space in the basement so I can get my ghostbusters down stairs...
    IMG_2676 (resized).JPGIMG_2676 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2677 (resized).JPGIMG_2677 (resized).JPG

#7449 7 years ago

No manually operated scoreboard? At least something like that to track the score of the Cubs game or something generic like a high score board for Golden Tee or just a calendar as a nod to the manual scoreboard. Also, surprised he doesn't have custom painted Blackhawks vs Bruins/Flyers/or Lightning for the Super Chexx.

#7450 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Finally got my MMR a few months back, now I need to finish off the small remaining space in the basement so I can get my ghostbusters down stairs...

Killer space. Would you mind sharing where that trippy table and chair came from? LOVE.

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/149?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.