Topic Stats

• 23,814 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by DanMarino
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 477.
    #7251 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

22 years young you perverts

riiiiight.....

#7252 7 years ago
    Quoted from thunderstorm:

Haven't had much change in my gameroom lately, altho, i did have a photoshoot happen last week, here's a couple pictures i thought you guys might like, and be nice, these girls are sweethearts and friends.
    also considering making a calendar? any interest? there were 12 girls over at this shoot.

They should join Pinside. Did you show them Pinside?!

#7253 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Jezus...you rich bro?

Not till I married my wife!!

#7254 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cobra:

Not till I married my wife!!

She got a sister!?

#7255 7 years ago

10806-12ccPPNORMAL_2_(resized).jpg10806-12ccPPNORMAL_2_(resized).jpg

Quoted from Bugsy:

I was going to post the same thing. Not enough juke boxes here.

Yeah, I agree - we need to fix that.
    Here ya go - from the Seeburg factory back in early '54.
    A Zuddie Smith resto, with complete amp board rebuilds by Bill Bickers.

#7256 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Jezus...you rich bro?

That's the best question ever!!!

#7257 7 years ago
    Quoted from str8cash:

That's the best question ever!!!

Aren't we all rich? I mean, really. Pinball decks.

#7258 7 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

A Zuddie Smith resto

*drools*

#7259 7 years ago

are those speakers on top of your MAME machine?? say it aint so

Quoted from netman63129:

My MAME machine doubles as a jukebox

#7260 7 years ago

My humble little row of games. I love them all and feel fortunate to have them and a hobby I truly love.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7261 7 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

My humble little row of games. I love them all and feel fortunate to have them and a hobby I truly love.

You should come over and see my room.

#7262 7 years ago

Got Supersonic up and running! Started swapping the bulbs to LEDs - mainly to preserve the backglass. So cool to have an oldie with the Class of 92-95 group!

20160817_225852_(resized).jpg20160817_225852_(resized).jpg20160817_225845_(resized).jpg20160817_225845_(resized).jpg20160817_233834_(resized).jpg20160817_233834_(resized).jpg

#7263 7 years ago

Hi all. I'm going to chime in here as this seems the appropriate thread for such things.
    I am about to embark on a games room build from scratch. And I mean from scratch.
    I have a basement. And that is all.
    It is damp, it leaks when it rains, it is full of old shit that gets dumped down there over the years. Basically it looks like hell and for me at least this is going to be a major project over several months.
    Also, I have nothing to put in it yet. No pins, arcade machines, pool table, bar nothing.
    All this is to be added nearer the end of the build.
    Anyways, just thought I would post this, if for nothing else other than to remind me just when I started all this madness (and maybe even to document it along the way if anyone is interested?). I will succeed of fail right here on this thread. Ha.
    Wish me luck! I will need it.
    B.

#7264 7 years ago

What size/model is that orange felted Valley pool table?

#7265 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Got Supersonic up and running! Started swapping the bulbs to LEDs - mainly to preserve the backglass. So cool to have an oldie with the Class of 92-95 group!

That's a good game! Any reason you didn't squeeze things together to get them all in that nook?

#7266 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

Anyways, just thought I would post this, if for nothing else other than to remind me just when I started all this madness (and maybe even to document it along the way if anyone is interested?). I will succeed of fail right here on this thread. Ha.
    B.

I would definitely start your own build thread. I started one awhile back when I began my basement finishing project. I love build threads!!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-build-thread

#7267 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I would definitely start your own build thread. I started one awhile back when I began my basement finishing project. I love build threads!!!!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-build-thread

Wow, impressive!
    Mine will be nowhere near as grandiose. Yours looks the size of a football field. I have about a 12m x 5m to play with! it's our quaint (see small) UK houses lol.
    Certainly inspiring however so thanks for that.

#7268 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

I have a basement that is damp. It leaks when it rains.

Just so you know: moisture and humidty do not go well with pinball machines.

#7269 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That's a good game! Any reason you didn't squeeze things together to get them all in that nook?

Cause another DMD is going in there soon . Prolly BSD or CFTBL.

I like Supersonic being to itself. Something about the contrast of the DMDs and the early SS fits the mood well.

#7270 7 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Just so you know: moisture and humidty do not go well with pinball machines.

Yep I know, I was just giving you the starting point at where I am at. ie at the very start. The basement isn't useable (for the purpose I am intending at least) and there are no games or anything else to go in there. So I thought it would make an interesting record as it means we are starting at ground zero. Not just on the room, but also in the contents.
    I will make another thread, but just as an update, decking has now been ripped off the flat roof and the roofer is coming this weekend to assess the damage. I know what the damage is, it needs a new one!
    Once that is sound, then the basement will be tanked and made sound and water tight.
    That is phase 1. Once that is complete, that is when the exciting bits start to happen..

#7271 7 years ago

Added a life sized crunked up double purp cupping lean drinking dirty sprite sipping syrup dranker alien to the spot

20160818_080509_(resized).jpg20160818_080509_(resized).jpg

#7272 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Cause another DMD is going in there soon . Prolly BSD or CFTBL.

That as good a reason as I can think of!

I have Flash and Firepower set away from my other machines. I do really prefer it that way. Those two games look great next to each other.

#7273 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Added a life-sized crunked up alien to the spot.

I see the makings of a nice topper for an X-files pinball.

#7274 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

Hi all. I'm going to chime in here as this seems the appropriate thread for such things.
    I am about to embark on a games room build from scratch. And I mean from scratch.
    It is damp, it leaks when it rains, it is full of old shit that gets dumped down there over the years. Basically it looks like hell and for me at least this is going to be a major project over several months.
    Also, I have nothing to put in it yet. No pins, arcade machines, pool table, bar nothing.
    B.

The FIRST thing you have to do is get your basement water proofed, drain tile in the floor all the way around the floor and a battery back up sump pump. Then you can start to think about making the basement into a usable space.

#7275 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

B.

It will be the least exciting part of the job but beyond waterproofing, why is it damp? If you don't have a good barrier to soil gases the humidity will always be high. What kind of floor is it?

A word of warning for anyone, check your basement for radon gas. I built a new cottage and discovered once completed I had really high radon, I now have a suction fan pulling a small vacuum under the slab and the problem is now perfect. A musty basement is a sign of easy access from the soil, it is worth checking.

#7276 7 years ago

Apart from the rain pissing in, the wall on three sides are at subsoil level. Tanking should sort that out.
    It's a concrete floor. No Radon issues. It was originally used as an old bakery back in the day.

#7277 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

Apart from the rain pissing in, the wall on three sides are at subsoil level. Tanking should sort that out.
    It's a concrete floor. No Radon issues. It was originally used as an old bakery back in the day.

You should talk to some other UK Pinheads on PinballInfo.com - I put my games room build on there recently, as did a few others. Very good place to buy from too.

#7278 7 years ago

I joined but it's a bit quiet over there, and most importantly I cannot access the site when at work as it is blocked as a gaming site, so I can only go on while at home.
    Work doesn't block me coming here though. Go figure.

#7279 7 years ago

I'll put the room build progress on both sites maybe just to be on the safe side.
    I have a British Gas Engineer down their at the minute fitting the new Combi Boiler and Hive system.
    I have some before pics so I will take some more as a catch up to date thing then start a new thread I think.

#7280 7 years ago

Been a busy couple of weeks. Traded POTC for BF and Whirlwind couple weeks ago. Traded WW for Radical Tuesday. TFTC was purchased WED. Almost traded LOTR for a PM and Frankenstein last night, but fell through. BF might be leaving in the next week or so.

Really need a lighter hobby guys. Moving the game room around is a lot of work.

14089123_10154479304704036_5648968231072287862_n_(resized).jpg14089123_10154479304704036_5648968231072287862_n_(resized).jpg

#7281 7 years ago

need one of those hydro lift carts.

#7282 7 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

need one of those hydro lift carts.

Wouldn't do much good. I am butted up against my workbench/reloading bench to take the pic. There is a bathroom next to radical. The laundry room / pin supplies storage next to batman. The glass door to the yard is next to street fighter and that is where all the games come in/out.

#7283 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

Post some pics. I remember someone doing a basement build in an old building a while back. He kept it all brick, concrete, and exposed plumbing. Love that look.

#7284 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but have you tested for radon? Just because it was a bakery, don't assume that they ever tested. You never know if radon is present without testing.

Again, trying to look out for your famalie's (and your) well being is all.

Chri

#7285 7 years ago

Presume radon is there, and prove yourself wrong. I had to put a system in my game room, using a tall stack and a cage fan pump in the attic of the house.

Originally, the numbers were off the chart, but once the system was installed, virtually no radon existed. Pumps last about 10-12 years and you need to monitor the operation with a manometer. Simple fix, smart to do.

#7286 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

Yep I know, I was just giving you the starting point at where I am at. ie at the very start. The basement isn't useable (for the purpose I am intending at least) and there are no games or anything else to go in there. So I thought it would make an interesting record as it means we are starting at ground zero. Not just on the room, but also in the contents.
    I will make another thread, but just as an update, decking has now been ripped off the flat roof and the roofer is coming this weekend to assess the damage. I know what the damage is, it needs a new one!
    Once that is sound, then the basement will be tanked and made sound and water tight.
    That is phase 1. Once that is complete, that is when the exciting bits start to happen..

I'd check into the possibility of landscaping to fix water/drainage issues. Many contractors around here will try to sell expensive drain tile systems that are completely unnecessary. Sometimes all you need to do is grade/slope the soil away from the foundation and problem solved.

#7287 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryno:

I'll put the room build progress on both sites maybe just to be on the safe side.
    I have a British Gas Engineer down their at the minute fitting the new Combi Boiler and Hive system.
    I have some before pics so I will take some more as a catch up to date thing then start a new thread I think.

How old is your house? What are the walls made of? Do you have roof gutters?

#7288 7 years ago

I'd love to hear about the framed and autographed "Are You Experienced" Jimi Hendrix album. Where did you get it, how long have you had it, etc, etc.

I love the way the vinyl is framed partially enclosed by the cover. It adds a lot.

#7289 7 years ago

Did some rearranging and got the wall complete.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7290 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Great line up.

#7291 7 years ago

Here's mine not much room but it works gameroom (resized).jpggameroom (resized).jpg

#7292 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Looks awesome brotha...great line up..

#7293 7 years ago

first pic with the new lineup all lit up. picked up a BSD wednesday, which is starting my second wall. i'll need another pin over there and maybe a vid, if it fits.

IMAG0261[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0261[1] (resized).jpg

#7294 7 years ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

I'd love to hear about the framed and autographed "Are You Experienced" Jimi Hendrix album. Where did you get it, how long have you had it, etc, etc.
    I love the way the vinyl is framed partially enclosed by the cover. It adds a lot.

Thanks! I bought it from a dealer about 5 years ago. They were going out of business and I thought the price was great since a Hendrix autograph on a napkin goes for about $1500. I didn't pay much more than that for the band-signed album and I saw the same signed album in lesser condition selling for 10K in a shop in Vegas last year so I feel pretty good about my investment. I've always been an audiophile and I had a little alcove that wasn't large enough for pinball so I decided to hang up my favorite vinyl album covers, which sadly is now a lost art. I've slowly replaced them with signed versions as I acquire them, most from eBay or other collectors. If you decide to do this, just make sure that you do your homework regarding the authenticity of the signatures. I've gotten good enough to spot a fake a mile away.

#7295 7 years ago
    Quoted from netman63129:

Thanks! I bought it from a dealer about 5 years ago. They were going out of business and I thought the price was great since a Hendrix autograph on a napkin goes for about $1500. I didn't pay much more than that for the band-signed album and I saw the same signed album in lesser condition selling for 10K in a shop in Vegas last year so I feel pretty good about my investment. I've always been an audiophile and I had a little extra space that wasn't large enough for pinball so I decided to hang up my favorite vinyl album covers, which sadly is now a lost art. I've slowly replaced them with signed versions as I acquire them, most from eBay or other collectors. If you decide to do this, just make sure that you do your homework regarding the authenticity of the signatures. I've gotten good enough to spot a fake a mile away.

Nook of the year

#7296 7 years ago

I just took some new photos of the entire collection. The framed Permanent Waves was the first concert I ever attended so it has my t-shirt, ticket stub, and the set-list, along with the signed album. The albums are in date order from left to right. It is interesting to see vinyl making a small comeback so there are even a few recent albums (Muse, Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree).

IMG_2333 (resized).JPGIMG_2333 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2334 (resized).JPGIMG_2334 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2332 (resized).JPGIMG_2332 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2335 (resized).JPGIMG_2335 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2331 (resized).JPGIMG_2331 (resized).JPG

#7297 7 years ago
    Quoted from netman63129:

I just took some new photos of the entire collection. The framed Permanent Waves was the first concert I ever attended so it has my t-shirt, ticket stub, and the set-list, along with the signed album. The albums are in date order from left to right. It is interesting to see vinyl making a small comeback so there are even a few recent albums (Muse, Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree).

Congratulations man !! Great decor. Those vinyls are a treasure.

#7298 7 years ago

For now it's a pinball invasion of the living room. But we're reorganizing and soon the library will be the "official" game room.

#7299 7 years ago

made some changes to the pin lineup recently...

lineup-8_31_2016 (resized).jpglineup-8_31_2016 (resized).jpg

#7300 7 years ago

I just have to say that you know a pin is good when its in nearly every game room it seems. Metallica for the win!!!

There are 23,814 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/146?hl=kellerdj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.