Topic Stats

• 23,721 posts
  • 2,339 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by toaster777
  • Topic is favorited by 1,118 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4565 (resized).png
    IMG_4566 (resized).png
    Pinside_forum_8089745_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_090612_Outlook (resized).jpg
    20240303_004841 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2110 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2067 (resized).JPG
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776249 (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_3339888_776248 (resized).jpg
    20240324_164009 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163842 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163742 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163730 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163712 (resized).jpg
    20240324_163705 (resized).jpg

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 475.
    #7152 7 years ago
    Quoted from netman63129:

I invented the term Man Cave. I never heard it before I finished this.

That sounds about right. Man was never known to have lived in a cave before... Hey, wait a minute!

#7153 7 years ago

man cave sounds like a gay bar.

#7154 7 years ago

Gble came in today so pretty much filled up to capacity!
    image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7155 7 years ago
    Quoted from forensicd:

Super!!! and you kept the pool table too.

#7156 7 years ago
    Quoted from forensicd:

What a great room!

#7157 7 years ago

Very nice space! I like the combination of the wood plank wall, and the stone on the bar. If there's a bathroom down there you would never need to leave!

#7158 7 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

That sounds about right. Man was never known to have lived in a cave before... Hey, wait a minute!

That depends on whether you follow the bible

#7159 7 years ago

Best side of my mancave

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7160 7 years ago

IMG_20160803_211657_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_211657_(resized).jpg

#7161 7 years ago

IMG_20160803_202109_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_202109_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160803_202151_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_202151_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160803_202117_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_202117_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160803_202322_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_202322_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160803_202333_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_202333_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160803_202205_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_202205_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20160803_202219_(resized).jpgIMG_20160803_202219_(resized).jpg

#7162 7 years ago

As always a work in progress. Here is a short vid to match the pics

#7163 7 years ago

Has anyone put that programable led strip up by the ceiling? I could use their advise on what to buy...a parts list if you will. I don't know what pieces to buy for about 100ft, 4, 24ft walls. PM me if you would. Thanks

#7164 7 years ago

I lined my entire game room with the 5050 style LED RGB strips. Found on Ebay in 15 meter lengths (about 50 ft.). Using four separate power supplies, I ran the wireless outlets from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Wireless-Electrical-Household-Appliances/dp/B00DQELHBS/ref=sr_1_1

Each power supply has its own RGB controller and the multi-keypads you get with them work with all controllers.

Setting each string to blue, lowest illumination, they leave a beautiful edge lighting effect. If I want to get crazy, I'll set them to red or green...

I also put a string under the bar which is set to produce a color changing light show.

Use the non-weatherproof style and set up some outlets on the ceiling if you can. All wires can then be stealth. Here's one angle:

img13_(resized).jpgimg13_(resized).jpg

#7165 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I lined my entire game room with the 5050 style LED RGB strips. Found on Ebay in 15 meter lengths (about 50 ft.). Using four separate power supplies, I ran the wireless outlets from Amazon:
    amazon.com link »
    Each power supply has its own RGB controller and the multi-keypads you get with them work with all controllers.
    Setting each string to blue, lowest illumination, they leave a beautiful edge lighting effect. If I want to get crazy, I'll set them to red or green...
    I also put a string under the bar which is set to produce a color changing light show.
    Use the non-weatherproof style and set up some outlets on the ceiling if you can. All wires can then be stealth. Here's one angle:

I'm looking for the addressable type that do all the cool lighting effects and how did you make the 90 degree bends.

#7166 7 years ago

The programs included allow them to change colors in a fade and other modes. I think that's what you are looking for? The keypad has several program modes. It's pretty standard with those RGB strips.

The non-waterproof strips bend pretty easily. But don't count on the Chinese "3M" clone tape on the back; it couldn't hold fly shit.

I used small 1 in. brad nails every 6 inches, tapped into the upper trim. The nails are not very visible once it's in place.

#7167 7 years ago

The addressable ones have something like 100+ different effects. But the amps needed to run 100ft may be my downfall.

#7168 7 years ago

They are called crazy lights. If you google it they come in kits with the correct amount of strips four your room size and the proper amount of power supplies, which are added in-line along the way. The effects work as if they are one continuous strip, and worth the price over individual strips that don't sync up.

#7169 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

They are called crazy lights. If you google it they come in kits with the correct amount of strips four your room size and the proper amount of power supplies, which are added in-line along the way. The effects work as if they are one continuous strip, and worth the price over individual strips that don't sync up.

Crazy lights....I've heard of them, now it clicks. Thanks much, that's what I needed to know.

#7170 7 years ago

Ah, yeah, the high-end strips. I just wanted a subdued background illumination, so I went with the standard Chinese stuff. This week, blue is my preference, next week, who knows?

So far, the Ebay stuff has worked flawlessly. I keep them on constantly, and they keep the room lit well, along with numerous neon signs.

Those sync'ed lights are dazzling, but you probably don't want the distraction around the pins. Try to keep that area as dark as possible, let the playfields and back glass lighting do the trick.

#7171 7 years ago

I put these lights around the train track in my gameroom years ago. They turned out cooler then I thought, because a single strip of lights appears like 2 strips. You guys are making me think upgrading these to programmable LED's would be awesome.

DSCN1673_(resized).JPGDSCN1673_(resized).JPG

DSCN1676_(resized).JPGDSCN1676_(resized).JPG

DSCN1671_(resized).JPGDSCN1671_(resized).JPG

#7172 7 years ago
    Quoted from hooch333:

I put these lights around the train track in my gameroom years ago.

That doesn't look like the train engine on Cactus Canyon. What pinball machine are those pictures from?

#7173 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Those sync'ed lights are dazzling, but you probably don't want the distraction around the pins. Try to keep that area as dark as possible, let the playfields and back glass lighting do the trick.

Well I don't know if I'm going to do it now cuz I only have a 15amp circuit to run them on and there will be other stuff on that circuit. This would have been going in the 24x24 main part of my garage which is mostly for the Mustang, with just a small portion of it used for a 7ft pool table and a Operation Wolf arcade game. The 12x24 addition is a work shop but one whole wall was taken out for it so the whole 24x36 is all open. Here's a few pictures, don't look at the mess I'm not done yet.

IMGA0655[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0655[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0660[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0660[1]_(resized).JPG

#7174 7 years ago

They are just LEDs......can't imagine they use that much juice.

#7175 7 years ago

Just curious, how many machine do you guys run on one 15amp or 20amp circuit?

#7176 7 years ago

I have six LED-fitted machines on one 20 amp circuit with no issues. If they weren't converted to LEDs, I'd only be able to do 5 machines which would be pushing the circuit to the max.

The LED conversions reduce the power consumption dramatically.

#7177 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

I can run 5 pinballs on 15A, but that probably is possible due to inclusion of leds. I try to limit number of games on one circuit to four, consdering I often have other mods or lights plugged in too. Works well.

#7178 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

They are just LEDs......can't imagine they use that much juice.

They use .6 amps per meter, single colors are .2 amps per meter and I would want almost 100 ft, 33 meters.

#7179 7 years ago

Question for people that have their ceilings painted black.

Are you happy with it, or does it look weird?

I'm on the fence with painting it black or just going with a standard white. The bar / lounge / pool table area of my basement is adjacent to the game room and I'm not sure if it would look stupid having the game room ceiling black and the rest of the basement a more normal color.

It's really open between the two areas.

#7180 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm on the fence with painting it black or just going with a standard white. The bar / lounge / pool table area of my basement is adjacent to the game room and I'm not sure if it would look stupid having the game room ceiling black and the rest of the basement a more normal color.

I have lower ceiling in my basement and the black gives the feeling of more space above. which is good for me since I'm 6'3
    Also, I was going for a darker, game lit gameroom. I think a white ceiling would have taken away from the great lighting that pins put out.
    Probably depends on your space. I don't know that I would paint a ceiling black if it were normal height and finished with sheetrock...

#7181 7 years ago

The ceiling is 7' 9" high and is sheetrock.

#7182 7 years ago

I like my white ceiling. I can turn the dimmers up to make it feel like an updtairs room with enough light to work on games, or if i turn them down it looks like an arcade with the grey walls. I like the look of black without drywall, gives it an industrial look

#7183 7 years ago

I have 9 ft. ceilings, and didn't drywall any of the game room - only the bath room and bed room.

I used "Black Magic", 36 gallons, and sprayed everything. The black ceiling gives the game room a spacious feel, the paint deadens some of the sound, and if I need to add a circuit, speaker wiring, or any plumbing for any reason, it's a snap. Touch-up with rattle-can flat black and you'd never know it.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Blackout is the way to go, IMO.
    img25_(resized).jpgimg25_(resized).jpg

#7184 7 years ago

The stained concrete looks awesome. If you're playing for a long time out there, you could get some of those anti-fatigue mats and place them in front of the games. That with some bar stools...

https://www.amazon.com/30-18-Anti-Fatigue-Comfort-Mat/dp/B00I4ZTFY0

#7185 7 years ago

the thing we've found for painting the ceiling - key what you're spraying initially w/ a color available in rattle can.

despite all our efforts to keep things protected, and have all wires ran ahead of time... it simply wasn't possible - and touch ups are just part of life as you're moving stuff in, out, and around...

we took the road less traveled - and went with a brown ceiling for something a little different... it was a good move.

we keyed the behr paint we sprayed on the ceiling to this stuff.....

Rust_Oleum_(resized).jpgRust_Oleum_(resized).jpg

#7186 7 years ago

I've been looking awhile for some cool light switchplates for on the wall - and dumping the standard blah beige ones - for something more gameroom/arcade themed. I've seen a ton of them depicting card games, beers, etc., but nothing really pinball related.

I DID find this, and now I can't wait to install these on my opposing walls - it sure adds that 'real arcade' look instead of a home switchplate!

Dual_Switchplate_(resized).jpgDual_Switchplate_(resized).jpg

#7187 7 years ago

I had those fire switches in my last house to decorate the game room, but a kid that was playing with it thought he could also do it at his school, and sent the fire department on the run. He got in trouble, and I, uh, heard about it.

Don't do it.

#7188 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Generally, games with incandescent lights will pull about 2 amps each. Not sure how much less the LED games pull.

#7189 7 years ago

Cool thanks! I wasn't sure I know start-up can peak around 5amps, or so I've been told. So I figured the number to be closer to 3 on a 15 amp, Although if you don't turn them on all at once, I guess you can run more. Mine are all on LED's as well.

I should hook a monitor on the cord and see how much they draw while playing.

#7190 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

I should hook a monitor on the cord and see how much they draw while playing.

A Kill-A-Watt meter answers all your questions.

#7191 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

My open ceiling AND walls are flat black and with the games on and the black carpet lit up I really love the look.

#7192 7 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

I've been looking awhile for some cool light switchplates for on the wall - and dumping the standard blah beige ones - for something more gameroom/arcade themed. I've seen a ton of them depicting card games, beers, etc., but nothing really pinball related.
    I DID find this, and now I can't wait to install these on my opposing walls - it sure adds that 'real arcade' look instead of a home switchplate!

I have one of these, very cool and it makes 2 different noises and lights up. 15 bucks

arcade-joystick-light-switch-thumb_(resized).jpgarcade-joystick-light-switch-thumb_(resized).jpg

#7193 7 years ago

new addition.
    IMAG0245[1]_(resized).jpgIMAG0245[1]_(resized).jpg
    IMAG0246[1]_(resized).jpgIMAG0246[1]_(resized).jpg

#7194 7 years ago

Added GBLE moved things around.

#7195 7 years ago

Couple more pics

#7196 7 years ago

I have that Ghostbusters mat and a glow in the dark slimer instead of the ecto on your desk. Wish I could afford the pin to go with em.

#7197 7 years ago
    Quoted from feveredpinhead:

I have that Ghostbusters mat and a glow in the dark slimer instead of the ecto on your desk. Wish I could afford the pin to go with em.

You can start by selling the mat and the slimer! Any pin is worth the sacrifice!

#7198 7 years ago

TATMAN9999,2 questions??Where do you get (1) GB floor decal (2) those pinball florescent lights?? Thanks! Fantastic room!!

#7199 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

TATMAN9999,2 questions??Where do you get (1) GB floor decal (2) those pinball florescent lights?? Thanks! Fantastic room!!

The GB floor mat is on ebay. Not sure what lights your talking about.

#7200 7 years ago

Tatman, when you having a party so a fellow pinsider can help you enjoy all those great games!

There are 23,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 475.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/144?hl=gravity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.