Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 477.
    #7101 7 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

I've been watching this thread for a while now and haven't shared my game room yet. It's a pretty good size room. There is also a small kitchen down there too. Here it is as it sits now.

Really nice, complete opposite of mine. Wish I had that much room.

#7102 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

No way would I call my room a game room without a pool table. It's as much part of the room as the pins, and definitely game room culture.

My thoughts exactly. If I had the room I'd sill have my 7ft slate in my gr but I don't so it will be set up in the garage with a game or 2 when that's finished. Then I'll have 2 gamerooms.

#7103 7 years ago

Having a variety is great. If I had more space I would do a skee ball, claw machine, motorcycle drivers, pool table, darts, and above all more pins. Almost forgot I would really love a two lane bowling alley. Sometimes you have to dream big. Already feels like a dream to have what I have now

#7104 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

As for darts, its popularity is thanks to automatic scoring, and only serious competitors and/or snobs would look down their noses at those machines, bounceouts notwithstanding.

I don't look down on those people, but I do wonder why someone would choose an electronic board (the full uprights are quite expensive) when a good bristle board will run you $60. A simple wall mounted cork/bristle board also takes up practically no space, and when placed on an exterior wall is really quite quiet. Some people worry that steel tip darts are too dangerous, but how many times have you been hit with a plastic tip dart? You just need to be the slightest bit careful, and make sure you leave darts out of the reach of children.

The sound (a nice muted thud) and "feel" of a dart landing into a bristle board is infinitely more satisfying to me than the clank of a plastic dart finding it's way into a hole on an electronic board.

I don't play a lot of darts, but I'm always happy it's there when I feel like throwing a few rounds. I'm always surprised more people don't have them. It's probably one of the cheapest hobbies I've ever gotten involved in. All of the costs are up front, nothing is ever down for maintenance, and even the best of equipment is only going to cost you around $100.

#7105 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really nice, complete opposite of mine. Wish I had that much room.

Thanks Paul. Your game room is great! Wish I had that many pins!

#7106 7 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

Thanks Paul. Your game room is great! Wish I had that many pins!

Thanks.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Wish I had that many pins!

You could have but you keep selling them.

#7107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I don't look down on those people, but I do wonder why someone would choose an electronic board (the full uprights are quite expensive) when a good bristle board will run you $60. A simple wall mounted cork/bristle board also takes up practically no space, and when placed on an exterior wall is really quite quiet. Some people worry that steel tip darts are too dangerous, but how many times have you been hit with a plastic tip dart? You just need to be the slightest bit careful, and make sure you leave darts out of the reach of children.
    The sound (a nice muted thud) and "feel" of a dart landing into a bristle board is infinitely more satisfying to me than the clank of a plastic dart finding it's way into a hole on an electronic board.
    I don't play a lot of darts, but I'm always happy it's there when I feel like throwing a few rounds. I'm always surprised more people don't have them. It's probably one of the cheapest hobbies I've ever gotten involved in. All of the costs are up front, nothing is ever down for maintenance, and even the best of equipment is only going to cost you around $100.

The man is passionate about darts.

#7108 7 years ago

The sound (a nice muted thud) and "feel" of a dart landing into a bristle board

So F'n TRUE!

The satisfying "thunk" during a toss of darts is addictive.

Best comparison I can make is how I love the sound of a token drop. So much that I added a working coin door on my MAME arcade.

#7109 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Maybe he even drives a Dodge?

#7110 7 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Maybe he even drives a Dodge?

... but not a Dart, please!

#7111 7 years ago

I'm right there with you in agreement. Electronic darts is like a Virtual Pinball cabinet vs. real pinball. Just not quite the same. I guess most folks who prefer electronic darts are the ones who couldn't pass math class in 6th grade and want the computer to do it for them! Haha!

#7112 7 years ago

My game room is the garage and patio in my backyard

game_room_1_(resized).JPGgame_room_1_(resized).JPG
    game_room_2_(resized).JPGgame_room_2_(resized).JPG
    game_room_5_(resized).JPGgame_room_5_(resized).JPG
    game_room_3_(resized).JPGgame_room_3_(resized).JPG
    game_room_4_(resized).JPGgame_room_4_(resized).JPG
    schlitz_light_(resized).JPGschlitz_light_(resized).JPG
    tiki_pool_(resized).jpgtiki_pool_(resized).jpg
    tiki_fence_2_(resized).jpgtiki_fence_2_(resized).jpg
    tiki_mask_(resized).jpgtiki_mask_(resized).jpg
    divecade_3_(resized).jpgdivecade_3_(resized).jpg

arcade3_(resized).jpgarcade3_(resized).jpg

#7113 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I'm right there with you in agreement. Electronic darts is like a Virtual Pinball cabinet vs. real pinball. Just not quite the same. I guess most folks who prefer electronic darts are the ones who couldn't pass math class in 6th grade and want the computer to do it for them! Haha!

More likely, they don't want to have arguments about it, or have to check each other's work, or wonder whether to suspect cheating, they just want to have fun. I don't agree that the contrast is as stark as that between real and virtual pinball, by a long shot. Give me a break.

No one around here played darts when I came of age. Now the electronic boards are standard in practically every bar.

Yeah, they mess up sometimes with the scoring, but so do pinballs. You takes what you gets.

I had my eye out for a good deal on a full size bar darts machine for a long time, but the deals get snapped up faster even than underpriced pins. Then I found a killer home board, with Cricket scoring and a scrolling marquee, at Goodwill for 20 bucks! It was like $400 new!

And I'm so glad it's not a Halex, with that horrible bug that awards the computer Triple Bullseyes in Cricket during practice against a virtual opponent! You think you've been pissed at a pinball?

#7114 7 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

That's incredible! I love outdoor spaces like that. Well done.

Quoted from yzfguy:

I've made several posts about pool and darts in this thread. I love pinball, but I also love passive activities. It's hard to watch a ball game while you're playing pinball. Pool and darts are a nice complement to good conversation and music.

I love to see some diversity in game rooms, whether it be poker tables, skeeball, or whatever else people can come up with.

#7115 7 years ago

Ultimate chill area, onemoresean - love it!

#7116 7 years ago

Speaking of darts.

Today my backboard arrived!

So you know I got right to work on it. Mounted that puppy & installed my dart light on it.

Still need to touchup paint my small wire fish access hole on the right corner but other than that it's AOK

P.S. I had the light made before having kids. Had I known then what I know now I would not have plastered stripper whores all over it lol

20160722_171552_(resized).jpg20160722_171552_(resized).jpg

20160722_200810_(resized).jpg20160722_200810_(resized).jpg

20160722_200928_(resized).jpg20160722_200928_(resized).jpg

#7117 7 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

Great neon collection! Love the Mickeys one. Post those neon pics in the "Show us your Glow" thread....very righteous setup! Only in Cali....

#7118 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

More likely, they don't want to have arguments about it, or have to check each other's work, or wonder whether to suspect cheating, they just want to have fun. I don't agree that the contrast is as stark as that between real and virtual pinball, by a long shot. Give me a break.
    No one around here played darts when I came of age. Now the electronic boards are standard in practically every bar.

Have you played steel tip darts or just soft tip? having to straighten out and tighten loose soft tips before every throw, the constant bounce outs, and the light weight of soft tip darts just doesn't quite cut it after playing any serious time with steel tip darts. Electronic darts are in bars not because they are better, but only because they collect money without having someone working in the bar babysitting them. But if all you played is soft tips, and that's your preference, by all means....enjoy!

#7119 7 years ago

going to a local coin-op warehouse today. i'm excited. hoping to find something cool for the basement. get some variety, like you guys have been saying.

i'd like a shooter, but it seems like it's buck hunter or bust for huo? i'd want something that is random enough for me to want to play it once or twice a week. i feel like the "dungeon crawler" style shooters can be memorized. i'd eventually know where all the guys are jumping out from.

i searched the thread and it seems like that's what i'm hearing, right?

#7120 7 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Have you played steel tip darts or just soft tip? having to straighten out and tighten loose soft tips before every throw, the constant bounce outs, and the light weight of soft tip darts just doesn't quite cut it after playing any serious time with steel tip darts. Electronic darts are in bars not because they are better, but only because they collect money without having someone working in the bar babysitting them. But if all you played is soft tips, and that's your preference, by all means....enjoy!

For serious competition, I'm sure steel tip darts are far superior.

For a friendly inebriated pastime, soft tips FTW!

I've spent more time typing about it now than I've spent actually playing darts in recent memory. Back to the game room pics! (My own are forthcoming soon, just working on some finishing touches!)

#7121 7 years ago

20 ft sectional arrived yesterday.

Bunk beds would have freed up so much more space for activities tho

Sandbag'n my pinball wall pic since I'm picking up an EM & NIB soon so my updates will stop for awhile.

I want to add a purple neon sign by the bar in simple letters that just says "DRANK"... because errbody needs a purple drank in their basement. Wife is surprisingly amused by it & all for it.

20160723_210911.png20160723_210911.png

#7122 7 years ago

It looks like someone could use a double decker couch!
    double-decker-couch_o_3275519_(resized).jpgdouble-decker-couch_o_3275519_(resized).jpg

#7123 7 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

You like tiki stuff, too. How are we not friends?

#7124 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You like tiki stuff, too. How are we not friends?

It's time for a bromance!

tiki_pic_(resized).jpgtiki_pic_(resized).jpg

#7126 7 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

It's time for a bromance!

Sheesh guys get a room already. What's that - they already have one?

Yeah, the room is the room.

Sheesh guys, spend some time together in that sweet room.

#7127 7 years ago

I wish I had a game room like schudel5.
    At least I'm a part of it in a way with my poster on his wall

5d2992ea60fd52cae93c977a58bfddd76535a38c_(resized).jpg5d2992ea60fd52cae93c977a58bfddd76535a38c_(resized).jpg

#7128 7 years ago

Uh oh.......picked up #4 last night from Paul's Pinball Palace. Just made room for #5, which will be here around 2 p.m. today. Starting the addition to the pro shop in two months.

Pinball.2.2016_(resized).JPGPinball.2.2016_(resized).JPG

pball_(resized).JPGpball_(resized).JPG

#7129 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Picked up #4 last night and #5 will be here around 2 p.m. today.

Better admit that you're addicted and start making room for numbers 6 and 7.

#7130 7 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Better admit that you're addicted and start making room for numbers 6 and 7.

#7131 7 years ago

Yesterday I got my first copy of game room magazine, and today my wife also got me this sign. I think it's safe to say she's all in on this addiction. Plus the fact she gave up our boring front room for our now super fun game room #2. Now to get some black light carpet and some leg and shooter housing light ups for my games, and more color dmd's. And more games

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7132 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Uh oh.......picked up #4 last night from Paul's Pinball Palace. Just made room for #5, which will be here around 2 p.m. today. Starting the addition to the pro shop in two months.

thumbs up for the Eight Ball Champ in the corner! very addicting game

#7133 7 years ago

Here is some preliminary gameroom pics. 18 pins, 2 vids and a bubble hockey.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#7134 7 years ago

Got the 5th game installed and leveled this afternoon. We've got three more games, but they are going to have to wait until we close the golf course for the winter.

newpins_(resized).JPGnewpins_(resized).JPG

#7135 7 years ago

I have only played bubble hockey a few times & I'm the only dude in the house... yet I desire a Super Chex for the basement

Are they like pinballs where direct distros are lower priced than online retailers?

I see ICE sells them direct for $2500 shipped.

Not sure how necessary the split base is. I have a walk out basement so I think I'd be able to turn the base sideways & bring it in if I turn it while doing so.

Any advice bubble hockey aficionados?

#7136 7 years ago

hey Dooskie...one more to go , STNNG. That would complete the ST collection, unless you acquire the famous Mirror Universe.

#7137 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I have only played bubble hockey a few times & I'm the only dude in the house... yet I desire a Super Chex for the basement
    Are they like pinballs where direct distros are lower priced than online retailers?
    Not sure how necessary the split base is. I have a walk out basement so I think I'd be able to turn the base sideways & bring it in if I turn it while doing so.

The super chexx are nice with the base being one piece. $2500 is decent for a chexx.
    If you don't mind legs, the Carrom 415 superstick is good quality table and in the $700 - $800 range. I know a couple of guys who have them. Usually takes over party's. I'd like to pick one up.

#7138 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I have owned a few bubble hockeys over the years, and ran the IBHF tournaments with the Blues in St Louis years ago.

ICE has pretty much eliminated distributors as an affordable NIB option. You wont find them cheaper than factory direct.

HOME VERSION: They are cheaper because they don't have the coin door and coin mechanisms. The best feature of the home version is that the on/off switch and the volume control knob are easily accessible.

COIN DOOR: Has that arcade feel to it. Will need it if the game ever goes on location. The coin box is nice to keep extra parts in. You will have to either open the top door to turn on the game or plug/unplug.

http://www.icechexx.com/
    Prices from $2495 shipped on base games.

You can customize your game, if you wish, when buying direct from ICE. NHL teams, USA/RUSSIA, etc. Split base is a nice feature, but not absolutely necessary. The game breaks apart into two pieces when moving, and the bottom can be "curved" on its side around most door ways if they are narrow.

Advice on one of my pet peeves: If you get the standard model, the teams will come as Blue and Red. And the scoreboard will say Home and Away. That's kinda dumb. They don't match, and not intuitive when playing as to who you are. It is very confusing as a player trying to figure out if you are home and away, especially for newbies. Order a set of USA and a set of CANADA (or Russia) players decals, and the scoreboard decals that has USA/CANADA (or Russia). Put those on and it will be much better playing experience.

** Buy two extra gear boxes and a handful of extra pucks. The Big Stick players get their sticks tied up with the left defenseman from time to time and will strip out the gear boxes. Very easy fix. The pucks will get little burrs and chips on them over time. Pop a new puck in there like putting new balls in your pinball when they start showing wear.

** To make your ice surface slide like true ice, wipe it down with some Pledge spray furniture polish. The puck will glide and keep game flowing fast.

** Don't use Windex to clean the dome. Use Novus 1.

** Don't even consider any other brand..Shelti, etc. No other dome hockey compares to Super Chexx....spend the money confidently and you will have a great game for decades Very low maintenance.

Bubble On!!! Keep us posted on what you get!

#7139 7 years ago

Awesome info. Shit. Right on. Great advice blitz!

I think a NIB Super Chex is how I will go if I grab one.

Is it possible to run it off batteries? I have 2 places it could go & 1 lacks power. They are lighted right? Maybe an LED would use less power & make a rechargeable battery hack practical?

Those decals are like $400 it appears. Damn

#7140 7 years ago

Agree, great specific feedback on and these bubble pics in the game rooms just reinforce Im on board for one.
    The regular vs split base options is the last detail.

PW, that new large room simply demands one!!!

Best -thread -ever.

#7141 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Got the 5th game installed and leveled this afternoon. We've got three more games, but they are going to have to wait until we close the golf course for the winter.

Now you need the best of all, a STtNG!

#7142 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

Here is some preliminary gameroom pics. 18 pins, 2 vids and a bubble hockey.

Wow. What a lineup.

#7143 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Now you need the best of all, a STtNG

I was just going to say that! I totally agree. Stern ST is pretty fun too, and has similar shots. But yeah, STTNG is legendary.

#7144 7 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Those decals are like $400 it appears. Damn

Or instead of buying them, you can use your rather large magnifying glass and paint them yourself like some kind of 40 year old virgin.

40_Year_Old_Virgin_(resized).png40_Year_Old_Virgin_(resized).png

#7145 7 years ago

I've moved pins all over my basement in various spots. I think they found a room in the theatre room.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#7146 7 years ago

Cave_in_Man_Cave_(resized).jpgCave_in_Man_Cave_(resized).jpg

Games_(resized).jpgGames_(resized).jpg

MAME_2_(resized).jpgMAME_2_(resized).jpg

IMG_1123_(resized).JPGIMG_1123_(resized).JPG

IMG_0936_(resized).JPGIMG_0936_(resized).JPG

Man_Cave_Reverse_(resized).JPGMan_Cave_Reverse_(resized).JPG

Man_Cave_(resized).jpgMan_Cave_(resized).jpg

Bar_new_(resized).jpgBar_new_(resized).jpg

Theater_(resized).JPGTheater_(resized).JPG

#7147 7 years ago

Sweet fireplace and aquarium bar...like a mini mirage casino check in desk

#7148 7 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

Your game room is BAD ASS!

#7149 7 years ago

Super cool basement, netman! You have all kinds of stuff going on with different vibes. Really like that.

#7150 7 years ago

Thanks guys!
    I've started collecting signed stuff so the movie posters and the album covers are signed.
    The painting was done with the intention of making the game room seem larger and it really works. There is a treasure theme within the mural, culminating with all of the famous treasures from history being stored in the cave (the room with the pinballs). It is hard to photograph. BTW - I invented the term Man Cave. I never heard it before I finished this

2181267784_dff02aa1e5_o_(resized).jpg2181267784_dff02aa1e5_o_(resized).jpg

2180477789_f9eca8440a_o_(resized).jpg2180477789_f9eca8440a_o_(resized).jpg

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/143?hl=banditboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.