Topic Stats

• 13,897 posts
  • 1,710 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 709 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15688473187176823571493391847452 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184847751 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184946184 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184920596 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_185013953 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190918_184958527 (resized).jpg
    20190917_125326 (resized).jpg
    FAA2C6BB-D1A2-4A77-963B-51585A9DA6C9 (resized).jpeg
    received_641975349614799 (resized).jpeg
    received_1764228700379749 (resized).jpeg
    received_512930622841088 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190913_104804775 (resized).jpg
    0589A254-C51A-4AE6-AD4B-E4264AF4F2DC (resized).jpeg
    5B54F353-17B7-4E88-9D89-2EC39501167A (resized).jpeg
    20190915_165520 (resized).jpg
    20190915_165527 (resized).jpg

There are 13897 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 278.
    #7051 3 years ago

Current pics of my space with more oddball stuff added. Running out of space:

roomview1_(resized).jpg

roomview2_(resized).jpg

roomview3_(resized).jpg

roomview4_(resized).jpg

bally-ABC-bowler_smartball-skee-ball_(resized).jpg

cruisn_usa_(resized).jpg

key_duplicator_setup_(resized).jpg

brandt_automatic_cashier_(resized).jpg

cash_register2_national-model-416_(resized).jpg

antiques_line-up_(resized).jpg

#7052 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Exactly. People are drawn to my Star Wars and Simpsons Pinball Party, and that "Smart Ball" skee ball machine. And the little kids, they're all about that crane game with all the unwanted beanie babies in it.
    Then the ladies are glued to those bowlers and slot machines. And finally, the guys wind up at the pool table.
    Gotta have variety in your game room.

I help run an arcade and it has several pins - BF, SW, WCS, several others. Top earner is ALWAYS SW, even though it's beat up and doesn't play anywhere near as well as the others. It's all about themes to non-pinheads. That's why ops are looking to theme over gameplay.

I had a POTC in my personal game room, and my extended family still whines when they come over that it's gone. The big ship people understand they need to hit. No one gets what they need to hit on IM, for example. Now I love IM, but POTC is the game non-pinheads would swarm towards. I kinda miss it simply for that factor. If I had more space, I'd hunt one down and get it back for sure...

#7053 3 years ago
    Quoted from rdonohue13:

I like that Indiana state plaque my daughter leaves for state in a couple of weeks.

It's a light up sign--not sure exactly how it's lit, but they were sold at Lowe's around here for a while and one of the stores in Indy just happened to have only this one left on clearance, which is cool since I graduated from Indiana State. The John's Arcade guy on Youtube has the same type of sign in his game room, but his is Notre Dame. I think they also had Indiana and Purdue, probably others around the country too.

#7054 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

My lineup hasn't changed since I posted in this thread about a year ago. But I've changed everything to LEDs (except for SW:E1) and made several other mods to games and some additions to the room.

Insane lineup, love your space and your taste in games.

#7055 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

My lineup hasn't changed since I posted in this thread about a year ago. But I've changed everything to LEDs (except for SW:E1) and made several other mods to games and some additions to the room.

Great space. Time to reupolster the Playboy bunny stool though. Instead you need Hef in his velvet smoking jacket, smoldering pipe plus one or two wives in bikini's on his free arm. HH must have a great t-count - he could give Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris or The Rock a run for the money.

#7056 3 years ago

The game room is completely a mess right now because we have acquired a few too many pins recently and they take up almost every square inch of room. We'll have to do some shuffling soon, but I hope to share a few pictures of our setup in the coming weeks.

#7057 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

After you said this I looked up to post #7022 and NPO has framed flyers of his current collection. Looks great.

Hey! Thanks . In all fairness, credit should go to Mudflaps here on Pinside. I saw him do this in a post a year or two ago, and it always stuck in my head to copy it one day. Once we closed on the house, I felt it was time.

I guess the best way to say it: "Imitation is the best form of flattery."

#7058 3 years ago

Working on the 120" theater now

One corner at a time.

The pace of progress slows drastically as I bring my toys back in. I fear I'm a new couch & pinball machine away from never finishing... if you know what I mean.

20160719_211432_(resized).jpg

#7059 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

One corner at a time.
    The pace of progress slows drastically as I bring my toys back in. I fear I'm a new couch & pinball machine away from never finishing... if you know what I mean.

Sweet!

#7060 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

One corner at a time.

Good work so far but to me the 2 pictures are very distracting to what's on the screen.

#7061 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good work so far but to me the 2 pictures are very distracting to what's on the screen.

During movies the light are off.

The pinball machines are distracting too

#7062 3 years ago

Nice HORROR corner! Can you show us a closer pic of the SS topper?
    Thanks, I've always wanted a mad scientist lab. There are several lighting effects in that corner too. The SS topper is simply a plastic candelabra that I spray painted black and put those fake flame looking bulbs in. Prob cost $10 to make.

1469023423542302851376_(resized).jpg

#7063 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice HORROR corner! Can you show us a closer pic of your SS topper?

Thanks, I always wanted a mad scientist lab-there are some cool lighting effects in that corner too. The SS topper is simply a plastic candelabra that I spray painted black and put those fake flame bulbs into.Prob cost $10 to make it.

1469023795288-1366083594_(resized).jpg

#7064 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

During movies the light are off.
    The pinball machines are distracting too

I was hoping you'd say that. Play on.

#7065 3 years ago

current collection. the wall of 5 classic bally's and sterns are all my restorations minus the black knight I sold. also added my first arcade. ultimate arcade 2. I like it. it feels almost like the real deal on a bunch of the games. the games are starting to creep into the pool table area. we never play pool. If I have a party or something I can move some pins out but parties require interaction with large groups of humans. not real appealing lol...

20160719_211919_resized_(resized).jpg

20160719_212048_resized_(resized).jpg

20160719_212117_resized_(resized).jpg

20160719_212409_resized_(resized).jpg

20160719_212433_resized_(resized).jpg

#7066 3 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

current collection. the wall of 5 classic bally's and sterns are all my restorations minus the black knight I sold. also added my first arcade. ultimate arcade 2. I like it. it feels almost like the real deal on a bunch of the games. the games are starting to creep into the pool table area. we never play pool. If I have a party or something I can move some pins out but parties require interaction with large groups of humans. not real appealing lol...

Nice!

#7067 3 years ago

beelzegameroom_(resized).jpg

#7068 3 years ago

^^Hell yeah,.... Shout out for Rochester Pinball....I grew up in Irondequoit.

#7069 3 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

I really like your wall color! You don't happen to know what brand and color it is off hand?

#7070 3 years ago

Pool tables make great places to put out food spreads.

#7071 3 years ago

20160720_191222_(resized).jpg

#7072 3 years ago

My gameroom and arcade are featured in this issue of Gameroon magazine

20160720_201708_(resized).jpg

20160720_202137_(resized).jpg

20160720_202151_(resized).jpg

20160720_202205_(resized).jpg

#7073 3 years ago

Those with space, anyone add bubble hockey to their game room?.
    If so, yay or nay?
    I know, pins instead but curious

#7074 3 years ago

Now that's cool hooch. Please share some pics or a video walk through.

#7075 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

If so, yay or nay?

I'd say yes, variety is always good. I made a few mods to mine as well. Empty pinball hole could be filled soon or I'll just move Barbwire into that space from the front area. Maybe I'll post some pics of the front room later. Oh, and don't mind the Pooh bear, the wife puts it there to stop the cats from jumping into the window!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#7076 3 years ago
    Quoted from hooch333:

Very cool.

#7077 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

I'd say yes, variety is always good. I made a few mods to mine as well. Empty pinball hole could be filled soon or I'll just move Barbwire into that space from the front area. Maybe I'll post some pics of the front room later. Oh, and don't mind the Pooh bear, the wife puts it there to stop the cats from jumping into the window!

Great space and movie props! If you had to recommend one new pedestal arcade, based on replayability for single player, multiplayer, and most fun, would you recommend BBH or Golden Tee?

#7078 3 years ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Great space and movie props! If you had to recommend one new pedestal arcade, based on replayability for single player, multiplayer, and most fun, would you recommend BBH or Golden Tee?

For me, hands down, its Golden Tee. I've already had several cash tournaments with a keg and played all night. Its upgrades too, when I bought mine it was a 2011, updated to 2012, 2013 and then I updated to 2015. I would have done 2016 but the "live" option isn't available in Canada, so no point.

Up front, I have several other arcades, including NBA jam, the local kids love the NBA Jam.

#7079 3 years ago
    Quoted from hooch333:

I'd call you a bragger, but you put a lot of hard work into a cool arcade. It was great watching the progress on pinside.

#7080 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd call you a bragger, but you put a lot of hard work into a cool arcade. It was great watching the progress on pinside.

I'd call him a Proud Papa. Well done, sir!

#7081 3 years ago
    Quoted from hooch333:

I saw that but haven't read it yet. Most excellent. I have a NASCAR driving game just like yours.

#7082 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

#7083 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

If so, yay or nay?

That is a big old positive yay mine has been a hit for years!

BHRR_(resized).JPG

#7084 3 years ago

I've been watching this thread for a while now and haven't shared my game room yet. It's a pretty good size room. There is also a small kitchen down there too. Here it is as it sits now.

1_(resized).JPG

2_(resized).JPG

3_(resized).JPG

4_(resized).JPG

5_(resized).JPG

6_(resized).JPG

7_(resized).JPG

8_(resized).JPG

9_(resized).JPG

10_(resized).JPG

11_(resized).JPG

12_(resized).JPG

13_(resized).JPG

14_(resized).JPG

15_(resized).JPG

#7085 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

I've been watching this thread for a while now and haven't shared my game room yet. It's a pretty good size room. There is also a small kitchen down there too. Here it is as it sits now.

Cool space with lots to do. Looks like a comfy place to hang. Might consider adding a ball bowler and a bristle board with steel darts. Oh, a cat or two would really dress up the place.

#7086 3 years ago

Cool space with lots to do. Looks like a comfy place to hang. Might consider adding a ball bowler and a bristle board with steel darts. Oh, a cat or two would really dress up the place.

Thanks! Yeah I had a dart board up where the Big Buck is. But more pins came in and I kicked it out. I was thinking of pulling down the pinball flyers and putting it back up there. You can see the throw line sticker still on the floor in front of MK4.

#7087 3 years ago

I question the accuracy of calling a room a "game room" when furniture takes up more space than the games.

Pool tables count as furniture, by the way!

-

a bristle board with steel darts

Luddite! Having to track scores manually? Especially while drunk?

If that's better, then by that logic, we should all have bagatelles.

#7088 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

Here is my game room as it sits now.

Very diverse. Looks like you have visitors often and there is something for everyone. Nice grouping of cymbals, too

#7089 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I question the accuracy of calling a room a "game room" when furniture takes up more space than the games.

True story. If it were up to me I'd get rid of the pool table and line up pins against the walls and back to back down the middle. That would be sweet. Buuuuut.....I've got to have the space appeal to the wife as well.

Quoted from littlecammi:

Nice grouping of cymbals, too

Thanks! I had a bunch of old cracked ones I didn't use anymore and my wife came up with the idea. I dig it.

#7090 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Those with space, anyone add bubble hockey to their game room?

Bubble hockey is one of my favorite games. It does take up a bit of room but it is an awesome game and anyone can play it.

#7091 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

I really like your wall color! You don't happen to know what brand and color it is off hand?

i can look on the can and post it. its a deep velvet red. the colors represented in the pictures is impacted significantly by the colored lighting i have in the cans and tracks.

#7092 3 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Pool tables make great places to put out food spreads.

...and magazines, binoculars, ski masks, paper towels, lotion, dog biscuits and underwear.

#7093 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

True story. If it were up to me I'd get rid of the pool table and line up pins against the walls and back to back down the middle. That would be sweet. Buuuuut.....I've got to have the space appeal to the wife as well.

Thanks! I had a bunch of old cracked ones I didn't use anymore and my wife came up with the idea. I dig it.

Dude, I don't like pool tables either, and I love pins more than anything, but your game-room is awesome and very cozy!

#7094 3 years ago

if any of you guys is in need of a 36 year old child,
    i'm up for adoption!!!!

#7095 3 years ago

No way would I call my room a game room without a pool table. It's as much part of the room as the pins, and definitely game room culture.

#7096 3 years ago

what's going price range for used lcd megatouch?

#7097 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

-

Luddite! Having to track scores manually? Especially while drunk?
    If that's better, then by that logic, we should all have bagatelles.

Thats not very civilized!

#7098 3 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

what's going price range for used lcd megatouch?

Mine is a JVL. I picked it up with an Avatar pro for $2900. That was a pretty sweet deal. I'm not sure how much it's really worth now. My wife likes it and it looks cool. Kids like it when they come over.

#7099 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Thats not very civilized!

In what way? Merely expressing an opinion is impolite now?

(Some background: this person thinks it's clever to say what he did because I said in the Predator thread that it's uncivilized to even joke about causing physical harm to Kevin Kulek. The mods agreed, and have their ban hammer at the ready, so now this. Draw your own conclusions.)

As if I was even being serious. Of course a room with games is a game room. And I once had a pool table, which wound up mainly being used as a table table. As for darts, its popularity is thanks to automatic scoring, and only serious competitors and/or snobs would look down their noses at those machines, bounceouts notwithstanding. I try to picture how much fun doing it manually would be, and I am skeptical to put it mildly. But I agree the physics are superior, good thing most people could discern that my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek.

Perhaps following a poster around making unfounded comments based on things said in an unrelated thread is impolite?

#7100 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

Mine is a JVL. I picked it up with an Avatar pro for $2900. That was a pretty sweet deal. I'm not sure how much it's really worth now. My wife likes it and it looks cool. Kids like it when they come over.

holy crap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 245.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.95
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 13897 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 278.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside