Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 477.
    #6951 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mame is garbage, same as virtual pinball.

now that's funny.

#6952 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mame is garbage, same as virtual pinball. Mildly entertaining but missing the joy of playing original hardware.

Oh boy here we go.....

#6953 7 years ago
    Quoted from someoneelse:

I really don't get what you guys love so much about those stooges guys,

They are THE BEST!! So are all the sound effects in their skits.

#6954 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I think I can solve your problem, get rid of all the arcade cabs.

#6955 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mame is garbage

Quoted from someoneelse:

I really don't get what you guys love so much about those stooges guys

cool-story-bro-now-gtfo-of-here_(resized).jpgcool-story-bro-now-gtfo-of-here_(resized).jpg

#6956 7 years ago

Cool story bro

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#6957 7 years ago

I'll help you haul that mach arcade game out to the trash paul! :0

#6958 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mame is garbage, same as virtual pinball. Mildly entertaining but missing the joy of playing original hardware.

Wow, now that's a strange statement!

I agree with virtual pinball having nothing to do with real pinball, but even hardcore arcade freaks can't tell if they are playing a mame game or the original board. I have a 4-PCB-cab with one of the slots fed by a MAME-PC, the other 3 with PCBs - when I switch the same game back and forth between MAME & original PCB there is no chance to tell which is which in 90% of the cases.
    But yeah, it's not a dedicated original cab...

#6959 7 years ago

Guys, to end this discussion for good.... video-games suck, PINBALL ROCKS. PERIOD.

#6960 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mame is definitely garbage if you use an LCD, and most shmups (shoot em ups) that use a scrolling background look bad because of screen tearing, unless you spend weeks of free time tweaking the resolution settings for each game.

Otherwise, if you use the right hardware, and a CRT monitor, you can build a very nice mame setup.

I will concede that original hardware is boss, but the space saving attributes for classic arcade in a mame setup is very valuable

#6961 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

most shmups (shoot em ups) that use a scrolling background look bad because of screen tearing, unless you spend weeks of free time tweaking the resolution settings for each game.

That only happens if you're using "old style MAME" (pre 2014/15ish). With W7, GroovyMAME set to SuperResolutions, D3D and ASIO active there is no more frame lag or screen tearing, scrolling games work perfect right out the box, modlines are generated dynamically in an automated way. Tweaking is not necessary any more. Only ASIO needs to be adjusted to your systems speed, but that's an add-on most people won't care for unless they are tournament players and need 100% frame exact emulation.

But enough of this in the gameroom pics thread - sorry for OT.

#6962 7 years ago

Can you guys open a new thread? Please?

#6963 7 years ago

now i do recommend sit-down racers, shooters and golden tee in dedicated forms.

#6964 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Can you guys open a new thread? Please?

#6965 7 years ago
    Quoted from weaverj:

now i do recommend sit-down racers, shooters and golden tee in dedicated forms.

I just cringed! Those are basically all the craigslist leftovers

#6966 7 years ago

i'm just basing that on how hard they are to emulate.

#6967 7 years ago

This was my "temporary" game room. But it had cars, too. Do those count??
    loveland_071114b_(resized).jpgloveland_071114b_(resized).jpg
    loveland_071114g_(resized).jpgloveland_071114g_(resized).jpg

#6968 7 years ago

Get rid of the cars! They are taking up valuable pin space!!!

Nice Cobra, that's my girlfriends favorite car.

#6969 7 years ago

See that slot machine in the middle of the second pic? It's got a shot of Bob Bondurant and his wife driving the white car.

#6970 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Dude, that's simply not fair.... not fair at all!

#6971 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Better watch out for the dreaded sun fade.
    I like this math. One $50,000 car = 10 new pins

#6972 7 years ago

Those cars look awesome!!!

#6973 7 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

You bet. My 2nd game room is gonna be my garage, gonna have my Mustang car, Mustang Pro pin, Operation Wolf arcade game, 7ft slate pool table, neons and tl's in light boxes.

#6974 7 years ago

My brother and I took some closeup photos of some of our games and had them printed at a local print shop on the material they use to do car wraps with. We put them in our upper game room windows to help block out the afternoon sun and because they just look so damn cool.
    What do you guys think?
    Other photos as well to show our current lineup until Ghostbusters Premium arrives.

Gameroom_(resized).jpgGameroom_(resized).jpg

IMG_1903_(resized).JPGIMG_1903_(resized).JPG

IMG_1893_(resized).JPGIMG_1893_(resized).JPG

IMG_1892_(resized).JPGIMG_1892_(resized).JPG

#6975 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Yeah for sure, nobody wants a GT2016! There is more to life than JUST pinball, sorry but there is.

#6976 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

My Golden Tee 2016 pedestal for $3500 delivered with no tax will beat your TSPP's ass up and down the block for value, fun and joy from everyone of just about any age that plays it. Just pretend you are a little younger than you are and you may like it to. CL that MOFO!

#6977 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

My brother and I took some closeup photos of some of our games and had them printed at a local print shop on the material they use to do car wraps with. We put them in our upper game room windows to help block out the afternoon sun and because they just look so damn cool.
    What do you guys think?

Very cool!!!!

#6978 7 years ago

My brother took some pics of my place when he was here last week. It's being hired out for its first "corporate" gig. His company is having their summer party/cookout at my place, and they wanted some pictures of it before making their decision.

20160708_165929_(resized).jpg20160708_165929_(resized).jpg
    20160708_165949_(resized).jpg20160708_165949_(resized).jpg
    20160708_170044_(resized).jpg20160708_170044_(resized).jpg
    20160708_170102_(resized).jpg20160708_170102_(resized).jpg
    20160708_170210_(resized).jpg20160708_170210_(resized).jpg
    20160708_170249_(resized).jpg20160708_170249_(resized).jpg
    20160708_170259_(resized).jpg20160708_170259_(resized).jpg
    20160708_170415_(resized).jpg20160708_170415_(resized).jpg
    20160708_170427_(resized).jpg20160708_170427_(resized).jpg
    20160708_170441_(resized).jpg20160708_170441_(resized).jpg

#6979 7 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

My brother took some pics of my place when he was here last week. It's being hired out for its first "corporate" gig. His company is having their summer party/cookout at my place, and they wanted some pictures of it before making their decision.

This is awesome. I love game rooms like this that look crowded with detail and character. Everything looks like it belongs where it sits. Good job.

#6980 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

There is more to life than JUST pinball, sorry but there is.

Is there? What? Where?... oh, wait.... YEEAAIIH, EXTRA-BALL!!!!

#6981 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

What do you guys think?
    Other photos as well to show our current lineup until Ghostbusters Premium arrives.

Looks cool!

#6982 7 years ago

Such a great space. Looks like you moved some stuff around since your last video.

#6983 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

My Golden Tee 2016 pedestal for $3500 delivered with no tax will beat your TSPP's ass up and down the block for value, fun and joy from everyone of just about any age that plays it. Just pretend you are a little younger than you are and you may like it to. CL that MOFO!

To me a golden tee is in the same league as the madden video games. Not sure why people buy those and they depreciate pretty fast and don't hold value worth a damn.

#6984 7 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Hire it out.....now that's the way to do it.

#6985 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

To me a golden tee is in the same league as the madden video games. Not sure why people buy those and they depreciate pretty fast and don't hold value worth a damn.

I see what you are saying about the gameplay being similar. Golden Tee is super fun to play with a group of friends at a get together. GT holds it value pretty well with routed 2011's selling for over $2000 today. So I figure my GT as a $250 depreciation per year.

I super agree with you that you would have to take a crazy loss on $10000 or whatever they go for new Batman driver if you purchased one.

#6986 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

The big thing about your game is you have ALL new Homepin boards all under the PF, so you never have to worry (99%) about the Mist circuit and the Opto banks ever again (mostly). I don't think Homepin makes the Opto board anymore (or they are on hold for a while) so man, enjoy it for all it's worth!!

Both the 10 opto and the 24" opto (mist) boards are available and currently in stock either from Johns Arcade in Australia and now also from Pinball Life in the USA.

#6987 7 years ago

Looking at changing up my lineup a bit - will post pics when completed. Developing a love for late B/W pins. Growing tired on deep rulesets that I can't complete anyway...

#6988 7 years ago

I see what you are saying about the gameplay being similar. Golden Tee is super fun to play with a group of friends at a get together. GT holds it value pretty well with routed 2011's selling for over $2000 today. So I figure my GT as a $250 depreciation per year.
    I super agree with you that you would have to take a crazy loss on $10000 or whatever they go for new Batman driver if you purchased one.

I bought a 2011 that had been updated to 2012 and then 2013. I updated it myself to 2015 for $500. ( I would have done 2016 but the "live" option isn't available yet in Canada, so I didn't see the point. ) I paid $1200 and it was a mint as could be. That's the best money I've spent in my basement, bar none.

#6989 7 years ago

Pinballers welcome...

IMG_5644_(resized).JPGIMG_5644_(resized).JPG

IMG_5613_(resized).JPGIMG_5613_(resized).JPG
    IMG_5614_(resized).JPGIMG_5614_(resized).JPG

IMG_5612_(resized).JPGIMG_5612_(resized).JPG

#6990 7 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Super nice collection and definitely a place I'd like to hang out at. Your stocked bar pics in the drinking thread makes me feel we'd get along great

#6991 7 years ago

Riddle me this: dining room has two tables, no chairs, and I never eat or drink on them

20160713_214744_(resized).jpg20160713_214744_(resized).jpg

#6992 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

Pinballers welcome...

What is going on with that tabletop with the big screen?

#6993 7 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Riddle me this: dining room has two tables, no chairs, and I never eat or drink on them

First off why only 2 tables? You have the whole dining room.

#6994 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

yeah, It could be 4 Tables, one for each limb... and get beer holders on those things!

#6995 7 years ago

What is going on with that tabletop with the big screen?

It's a homemade pub/Mame table. It's also a virtual pin table. I have buttons drilled into the sides for flippers. And buttons in the front to launch ball, start. Etc. it plays all the pinball software. The viewing angle isn't great when playing pin lengthwise, but it works on the rare occasions I wanna play it.

#6996 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

It's a homemade pub/Mame table. It's also a virtual pin table. I have buttons drilled into the sides for flippers. And buttons in the front to launch ball, start. Etc. it plays all the pinball software. The viewing angle isn't great when playing pin lengthwise, but it works on the rare occasions I wanna play it.

I like that idea, real multi-puropse, may have to copy that someday time permitting.

#6997 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballdork:

video please!

#6998 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That space actually ends there. It's a small dining room in my one bedroom apt.

#6999 7 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

That space actually ends there. It's a small dining room in my one bedroom apt.

Yeah that would be small then.

#7000 7 years ago

Check out the virtual pin thread. There's screens in all kinds of things. Dining room table is definitely different. When the screen is flat the angles aren't good though. Low coffee table I've seen works good if you want to sit on the couch.

Quoted from jorro:

video please!

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.