Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 477.
    #6651 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Now thats a cool RFM topper! I bet you get asked alot why there is a gascan with a coctail umbrella on your pinball machine?

You bet it is. The aliens drink gas and breath fire don't they?

#6652 7 years ago

Exactly lmao!

#6653 7 years ago

Best inexpensive topper ever?

#6654 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Best inexpensive topper ever?

As long as it's not full...

#6655 7 years ago

Not full and throughly cleaned... Although the 12 year old in me thinks that could be quite exciting

I think I got the can for about 10 bucks and a two bucks for the jumbo cocktail umbrella (pack of 5).

One of these days I'd like to add some lighting to it and some other fun scene elements.

#6656 7 years ago

Bos98 - are your ceiling speakers configured for Atmos? If so, any thoughts or reviews?

#6657 7 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Bos98 - are your ceiling speakers configured for Atmos? If so, any thoughts or reviews?

Ceiling speakers are part of the 7.2 channel audio for the theater. Not connected to anything else at this time.

#6658 7 years ago

I have a beautiful BSD next to my bed in my city apartment

Snapchat-9164842680910178988_(resized).jpgSnapchat-9164842680910178988_(resized).jpg

#6659 7 years ago
    Quoted from dudah:

Is that pic taken with your hidden camera?

#6660 7 years ago

Picked up a minty Shadow this weekend. Really like having 4 pins side by side. Starting to feel like a collection and now the whole family can play pins at same time. My gameroom/office is not much. I picked up a few neons not long ago so getting there. Wish I had a basement like you guys up north.

DSC_8268b_(resized).jpgDSC_8268b_(resized).jpg

DSC_8284b_(resized).jpgDSC_8284b_(resized).jpg

#6661 7 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

DOH!!!

#6662 7 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Picked up a minty Shadow this weekend. Really like having 4 pins side by side. Starting to feel like a collection and now the whole family can play pins at same time. My gameroom/office is not much. I picked up a few neons not long ago so getting there. Wish I had a basement like you guys up north.

Looks like you were able to make it down to pick it up! Hope you were happy with it...prob the nicest shadow I've seen unrestored!

#6663 7 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Looks like you were able to make it down to pick it up! Hope you were happy with it...prob the nicest shadow I've seen unrestored!

Yep, I've played that Shadow as well. Very nice example.

#6664 7 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

What you talkin about...that space looks really nice, very classy.

#6665 7 years ago

Yes! Excellet use of space!

Quoted from dudah:

#6666 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Is slot car racing still as fun as I remember it being way back in the day? Recently I was looking around to see what I can get today to recreate the experience. I see one trend for "slotless" tracks which I am not so sure about. There are some different brands around today but I don't know what is any good. Looks like Aurora is long gone.
    Then of course we had to apply technology and make the whole thing as nutty-fast as possible. This is absolutely crazy, I am not sure this could actually be any fun.
    » YouTube video

That's the worst activity I've ever seen.

It's like using a leaf blower to deal cards.

#6667 7 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's the worst activity I've ever seen.
    It's like using a leaf blower to deal cards.

I kinda agree with you guys.... never saw the point of those "speed-of-light" race tracks/cars.... absolutely nothing to do with the good-ol' fun slot cars I used to play with!

PS: that's why I never liked Tron!

#6668 7 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Got it on Saturday with my 2 boys. I was a little worried about the weather but things worked out. John was super cool and let my boys play his super nice games. Loved his restored AFM he got from Chris. You guys weren't kidding about this Shadow. I am amazed just how clean it is under the play field. Only downside is the sanctum wall drop target not working right. Think it just needs some tweaking. My boys are loving it. One even said it was better than Congo and he really likes Congo!

#6669 7 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

LMFAO. The fact that he didn't respond after that means a "yes". Too bad there wasn't some random chick getting changed without a clue in the pic as well. It's his "nanny cam". LOL.

#6670 7 years ago

Still a work in progress....but getting there. Just got the red PC legs to throw on BSD back yesterday.

BSD_1_(resized).JPGBSD_1_(resized).JPG

GR_1_(resized).JPGGR_1_(resized).JPG

GR_2016_2_(resized).JPGGR_2016_2_(resized).JPG

GR_2016_(resized).JPGGR_2016_(resized).JPG

#6671 7 years ago

Dug out some old marquees I had and found the Nintendo ones fit across my 2x2 ceiling lights. Now to find 6 more or it may be time to cut some others to fit.

Alternatively I could have some printed on 2x2 adhesive vinyl and apply that to the light lenses.

A little tough to photograph but you get the idea

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6674 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Me too, but right over the games.

Is the concern glare or falling out? If glare I ultimately plan on relocating the lights. Prior to playing with the marquees I had cut window tint film and put it inside the light lenses to "dim" them which worked very well.

#6675 7 years ago

Yes glare, but if you have tried something and your happy with the way it works then that's all that matters. You know best.

#6676 7 years ago

Although I have a build thread for my basement, I want to jump in on this one too.

Here is my current Game Room which is actually our 4th bedroom. It's full, so my WoZ is actually in the dining room.

IMG_9988_(resized).JPGIMG_9988_(resized).JPG

Here is my future Game Room (46' x 17') which is currently in construction. Drywall should be done tomorrow and then it's on to paint.

IMG_0392_(resized).JPGIMG_0392_(resized).JPG

#6677 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Although I have a build thread for my basement, I want to jump in on this one too.
    Here is my current Game Room which is actually our 4th bedroom. It's full, so my WoZ is actually in the dining room.

Here is my future Game Room (46' x 17') which is currently in construction. Drywall should be done tomorrow and then it's on to paint.

I've been following. Your gonna go nuts with that much room.

#6678 7 years ago

Looks like you will be able to have close to 40 games very cool. Wonder how long you think it will take to fill up? Great space

#6679 7 years ago

20160501_114009_(resized).jpg20160501_114009_(resized).jpg

#6680 7 years ago

I am loving that R2D2, Sparky

#6681 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Here's eight photos of my utilitarian basement gameroom. It's populated largely by EM pinballs and EM arcade games. Other occupants include six prewar pinball machines and a few trade stimulators.
    I've got a section dedicated to an elaborate HO slot car track and slot car collection and a workshop area down there as well (not pictured). However, I plan to consolidate that wing to make room for two EM pinball machines which are temporarily stationed upstairs (in violation of my agreement with my sweet wife).
    In the future, I plan to hang some art on the cinder block walls and improve the lighting. There's nothing fancy here. . .exposed ceiling, fluorescent light fixtures, and a hodgepodge of throw-rugs on a cement floor. Two good things, though---the ceiling is extra high for a suburban basement and the staircase is free of angles.

By far my favorite game room in this thread!

#6682 7 years ago

The Pepsi R2 fridge and the autographed Angus SG outshines everything else on the room.... wait... you say there are also some pinball machines in there? Never noticed

#6683 7 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The Pepsi R2 fridge and the autographed Angus SG outshines everything else on the room.... wait... you say there are also some pinball machines in there? Never noticed

I was going to say the Goonies poster.

#6684 7 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes glare, but if you have tried something and your happy with the way it works then that's all that matters. You know best.

Damn it... you got me all insane about the glare, which did suck but was tolerable until you mentioned it, and I spent my breaks from coding today tearing apart my ceiling and rewiring! I made the biggest mess, and holy s@%t do I hate ceiling tiles, but got it all cleaned up before my wife got home.

The 3 cans above the games are now on a separate circuit and dimmable and connected to my Wink home automation now.

IMG_7205_(resized).jpegIMG_7205_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_8500_(resized).jpegIMG_8500_(resized).jpeg

#6685 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Damn it... you got me all insane about the glare, which did suck but was tolerable until you mentioned it, and I spent my breaks from coding today tearing apart my ceiling and rewiring! I made the biggest mess, and holy s@%t do I hate ceiling tiles, but got it all cleaned up before my wife got home.
    The 3 cans above the games are now on a separate circuit and dimmable and connected to my Wink home automation now.

Sorry about that....but don't you feel better now that you did it.

#6686 7 years ago

The pin church is still growing! Lots of happy campers on week-ends!!
    Missing RS (it has been in repair Since day one. Tough cookie grrrr)
    Lou

#6687 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

You could always remove the glass from the pins! Easier solution!

#6688 7 years ago

Sparky - what is that r2d2? Looks awesome. Cool pin room!

#6689 7 years ago

Pin church looks great!
    Don't see a stitch of fabric in there... Must get pretty loud.

#6690 7 years ago
    Quoted from PureTO:

Pin church looks great!
    Don't see a stitch of fabric in there... Must get pretty loud.

Wut?

#6691 7 years ago

(Can't ear you)

#6692 7 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Sparky - what is that r2d2? Looks awesome. Cool pin room!

It's an R2D2 cooler , it's full of beer

#6693 7 years ago

Pin church is amazing. Wish I could go there Sundays

#6694 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I definitely want to know how quickly that fills up.

#6695 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

The pin church is still growing! Lots of happy campers on week-ends!!

Your game room is just ridiculously sick!! And I think you have every top 30 game in your line up. Very nice.

Next time I'm up in Canada you're going to have a house guest.

#6696 7 years ago

I always wanted to renovate a church into a home. Never thought of a killer games room. Cheesewizard, your collection of quality games is probably best I've seen in my 25+ years in the hobby. If I ever get out east I'm hitting you up. Beers and whisky are unlimited on me

#6697 7 years ago

Mine is modest compared to most of you guys

#6698 7 years ago
    Quoted from flamehead:

Mine is modest compared to most of you guys

Yeah but, killer games. I see Wizzard of Oz, Kiss, Star Trek, and Simpson pinball party. Am I right?

#6699 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I definitely want to know how quickly that fills up.

It's going to be awhile unfortunately. My wallet is going to need some recovery time after finishing the basement. I still have to buy all the electronics for the theater, flooring, lighting, solid surfaces, cabinets and the list goes on and on.

Hopefully someday, I'll actually be able to add another game to my collection. It seems like forever since I bought one.

#6700 7 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Yeah but, killer games. I see Wizzard of Oz, Kiss, Star Trek, and Simpson pinball party. Am I right?

I see Game of Thrones as well. It took me a while to notice there was another game in there lol. With WOZ's playfield dark and Game of thrones back out of the picture my eyes only wanted to see 4 instead of 5.

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.