Topic Stats

• 23,855 posts
  • 2,345 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 minutes ago by phillyfan64
  • Topic is favorited by 1,121 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6198 (resized).jpeg
    bikes1 (resized).jpg
    adcc8631-0ad1-436f-bac6-b92e38c5e4b1 (resized).jpg
    cde76292-235b-4aeb-93ad-e03a4f86cf0e (resized).jpg
    396724a8-c984-4b78-823c-5182cb817327 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205403289 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205413200 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205452551 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205433432 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205443930 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205502934 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205514994 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205521414 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240424_205546968 (resized).jpg
    20240421_204123 (resized).jpg
    20240421_210141 (resized).jpg
    There are 23,855 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 478.
    #6301 8 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Anyone that has a large shooter such as terminator salvation or alien Armageddon is it worth it? I need some diversity in my game house and my wife really wants one. They are expensive and I a, interested on how much it gets played. I know it is taking up space for pinball but I have plenty of room. Thanks, Mike

I've always enjoyed the time crisis shooters. They come in various sizes, but are larger than most because they are effectively two separate units. The Alien and Terminator shooters probably take up a little bit less space since it uses just a single screen.

The Star Wars Trilogy is another fun one. That one also comes in a few different sizes.

#6302 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The Star Wars Trilogy is another fun one.

#6303 8 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

terminator salvation

Is that the new one or the older one? My buddy has the older one and it's a monster in size but man is it fun. Just make sure it works 100% cuz parts are hard to find.

#6304 8 years ago

These are the two games. What I was hoping to do but Raw Thrills has not answered me on or won't answer is buy Alien but be able to swap hardware to be able to play both terminator and Alien. If I can do that I would bite the bullet but with just one game I am concerned it would get old and these things are not cheap.

I do have an older Terminator 2 gun game from the 90's and my plan is to get buck hunter and house of the dead but this was going to be my center piece of the game house along with a skee ball I have on order.

aliens-armageddon-arcade_(resized).pngaliens-armageddon-arcade_(resized).png

Terminator_(resized).jpgTerminator_(resized).jpg

#6305 8 years ago

I really think games like BBH arcade could have some legs in a collection. My brother has one, and we love playing it. The turns are quick, and it's super simple - it makes it great for a party game (better than pinball, imo).

The issue I'd have with the other gun games mentioned - they're all pretty linear. I know that I'd personally play the shit out of it for about a week, and probably never touch it unless a guest requested to play.

#6306 8 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

These are the two games. What I was hoping to do but Raw Thrills has not answered me on or won't answer is buy Alien but be able to swap hardware to be able to play both terminator and Alien. If I can do that I would bite the bullet but with just one game I am concerned it would get old and these things are not cheap.
    I do have an older Terminator 2 gun game from the 90's and my plan is to get buck hunter and house of the dead but this was going to be my center piece of the game house along with a skee ball I have on order.

aliens-armageddon-arcade_(resized).pngTerminator_(resized).jpg

Absolutely love all those rail-shooters!

#6307 8 years ago

I set up a MAME cabinet to play shooter games with a Windows PC, 52 in TV, and two arcade guns (www.arcadeguns.com). It can play a lot of the favorites mentioned here (area 51, Time crisis, Terminator 2, CarnEvil, Golgo 13, Lethal Enforcers, Jurassic Park, etc.) It gets a lot of play at parties and the TV can be used to watch TV at other times. I like this more than a cabinet dedicated to a single game system because it allows more variety without taking up a lot of space. The disadvantage is that it can't play the modern games.

#6308 8 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

I set up a MAME cabinet to play shooter games with a Windows PC, 52 in TV, and two arcade guns (www.arcadeguns.com). It can play a lot of the favorites mentioned here (area 51, Time crisis, Terminator 2, CarnEvil, Golgo 13, Lethal Enforcers, Jurassic Park, etc.) It gets a lot of play at parties and the TV can be used to watch TV at other times. I like this more than a cabinet dedicated to a single game system because it allows more variety without taking up a lot of space. The disadvantage is that it can't play the modern games.

Hey man, thanks for the info - I'll definitely take a closer look at it!

#6309 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Move in begins!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Looks awesome! It will be great to have it in a separate building, no waking anyone up when you want to play in the middle of the night!

#6310 8 years ago

Some nice rooms.
    I like mine a little seedier
    Black ceiling ftw!
    Neo Geo, Goldeneye, donkey kong, whitewater, taf, tftc.
    Out of frame. Sttng and cftbl

FullSizeRender_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_(resized).jpg

#6312 8 years ago

I dont want to muddy the thread with game room build pics, but i havent taken enough to start a thread..... that said, main run of the ceiling is up and the first wall! Probably a third done with the ceiling, and have a lot of walls to go

20160324_161239_(resized).jpg20160324_161239_(resized).jpg

20160324_213154_(resized).jpg20160324_213154_(resized).jpg

#6313 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I really think games like BBH arcade could have some legs in a collection. My brother has one, and we love playing it. The turns are quick, and it's super simple - it makes it great for a party game (better than pinball, imo).
    The issue I'd have with the other gun games mentioned - they're all pretty linear. I know that I'd personally play the shit out of it for about a week, and probably never touch it unless a guest requested to play.

I agree & think theirs a zombie update for BBH! Games like alien and house of the dead are fun although once you beat the 7-10 levels you'll never play it again. BBH is an excellent party game and everyone's always up for a challenge.

#6314 8 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

I dont want to muddy the thread with game room build pics, but i havent taken enough to start a thread..... that said, main run of the ceiling is up and the first wall! Probably a third done with the ceiling, and have a lot of walls to go

20160324_161239_(resized).jpg20160324_213154_(resized).jpg

Coming along nicely.

#6315 8 years ago

Thanks, this project is taking longer than i wanted but itll be worth it

#6316 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Move in begins!

Congrats!

#6317 8 years ago

Just had a major tidying up and found some space for number 7

#6318 8 years ago

Theres always room for one more...

#6319 8 years ago

Haha so true. I feel like I've said this a couple times. Hopefully GB will be it for a while.

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Theres always room for one more...

#6320 8 years ago

Good luck.

#6321 8 years ago

All pins are in now.

#6322 8 years ago

Rearranging the game room. Trying to make them all fit

IMG_6894_2_(resized).JPGIMG_6894_2_(resized).JPG

IMG_6891_(resized).JPGIMG_6891_(resized).JPG

#6323 8 years ago

Newest video of my bar/arcade.

#6324 8 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

» YouTube video

Where did you get your black light carpet?

#6325 8 years ago

Happy Easter everyone!
    Been wanting to spruce up your game room?

20% off EVERYTHING!

Use code BUNNY20 at the checkout.
    Expires on March 28, 2016 at 11:59pm.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/collections/408989-pinball

easter_(resized).pngeaster_(resized).png

#6326 8 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

» YouTube video

Your gameroom just screams atmosphere, with the 80s music playing in the background and the various posters. Talk about walking down memory lane! So many things that catches your eye when you walk into your room. Outstanding!

1 week later
    #6327 8 years ago

Finally set the stage lighting set up in the garage, controlled through DMX/PC. Combo of 2 hobbies here.

20160407_160005_(resized).jpg20160407_160005_(resized).jpg
    20160407_181430_(resized).jpg20160407_181430_(resized).jpg
    20160407_165220_(resized).jpg20160407_165220_(resized).jpg
    20160407_165233_(resized).jpg20160407_165233_(resized).jpg

#6329 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Although I started a separate thread on the build of my game room, here are some images of the end result, fitting the title of this thread. Missing a few key items, but basically all there and ready to fire up. I was fortunate in that I had 2900 sq. ft. of space to "have at it". So I did.
    collage01.jpg
    collage02.jpg
    collage03.jpg
    collage04.jpg

After having a couple of months under my belt of room usage, and moving a few machines around, I have the following observations:

1. Keep pins separated by at least 15 in. in order to have access to the back box without disturbing the footprint.

2. If you have any bowlers, you need to keep a distance apart from both the back wall and the right side; you will need to open the machines occasionally (hinged right) and access the rear of the back box.

3. Overhead lighting is critical to the pinball areas. You need to avoid glare from the can lights which would be seen on the glass by the machine player. Keep the lighting at a steep angle to the glass and you will avoid that.

4. I didn't finish the ceiling and am forever glad that I didn't. I have since put extra electrical outlets in various places to accommodate string LED lighting along the entire perimeter of the walls and those outlets, placed strategically, made life simple. Since I blacked out the ceiling, a quick flat black rattle-can touch up for electrical outlets and wiring, and you'd never notice them. I put the Ebay LED string lights up using those 16 color controllers, linked each power outlet with remote outlet controls from Amazon, and have currently settled on the lowest intensity blue lights all around. Way cool.

5. Lack of carpet makes moving the machines around much easier. I went with a metallic floor surface, and have waxed it with "Cherry Wax" to give the gloss shine a shot in the arm. Cleanup is a snap using a dusting mop. And, mopping the floor near the outside entrance is easy and effective. Spill a glass of wine, no problem. After two former carpeted game rooms, I can say I'd never recommend carpeting again. Polished or coated concrete is the only way to go.

6. I was concerned about lack of ceiling insulation and potential noise, but it turned out well. The overall noise from pins, bowlers, arcade machines and slot machines turns out to be a great mix of ambiance, and you can still hear the TVs over it all.

7. The heating system really doesn't get much use. With all machines in operation, total heat generated warms the room nicely. I'll probably be complaining about it this summer, but that's what air conditioning is all about.

8. I added several outlets at 6 ft. off the floor for neon signs, so no cords are visible. That was a good move, but I kind of wish I installed more of them. Placement of neons can be convenient if you have more outlets to choose from. No real downside to too many outlets.

9. I installed a small angle-shaped "Prize Cage" and so glad I did. Lots of kid stuff in the room, and the cage does the trick. Loaded with cotton candy, mini Chinese gumball machines and small toys, the kids have a memorable visit there. They trade tickets won by the skee ball machine for prizes. The crane game and skee ball keep kids in their own little world. And, all the tokens for multiple slots are stored there.

It's been a fun project so far.

img18_(resized).jpgimg18_(resized).jpg

img05_(resized).jpgimg05_(resized).jpg

img25_(resized).jpgimg25_(resized).jpg

img21_(resized).jpgimg21_(resized).jpg

img13_(resized).jpgimg13_(resized).jpg

img02_(resized).jpgimg02_(resized).jpg

#6330 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

After having a couple of months under my belt of room usage, and moving a few machines around, I have the following observations:
    1. Keep pins separated by at least 15 in. in order to have access to the back box without disturbing the footprint.
    2. If you have any bowlers, you need to keep a distance apart from both the back wall and the right side; you will need to open the machines occasionally (hinged right) and access the rear of the back box.
    3. Overhead lighting is critical to the pinball areas. You need to avoid glare from the can lights which would be seen on the glass by the machine player. Keep the lighting at a steep angle to the glass and you will avoid that.
    4. I didn't finish the ceiling and am forever glad that I didn't. I have since put extra electrical outlets in various places to accommodate string LED lighting along the entire perimeter of the walls and those outlets, placed strategically, made life simple. Since I blacked out the ceiling, a quick flat black rattle-can touch up for electrical outlets and wiring, and you'd never notice them. I put the Ebay LED string lights up using those 16 color controllers, linked each power outlet with remote outlet controls from Amazon, and have currently settled on the lowest intensity blue lights all around. Way cool.
    5. Lack of carpet makes moving the machines around much easier. I went with a metallic floor surface, and have waxed it with "Cherry Wax" to give the gloss shine a shot in the arm. Cleanup is a snap using a dusting mop. And, mopping the floor near the outside entrance is easy and effective. Spill a glass of wine, no problem. After two former carpeted game rooms, I can say I'd never recommend carpeting again. Polished or coated concrete is the only way to go.
    6. I was concerned about lack of ceiling insulation and potential noise, but it turned out well. The overall noise from pins, bowlers, arcade machines and slot machines turns out to be a great mix of ambiance, and you can still hear the TVs over it all.
    7. The heating system really doesn't get much use. With all machines in operation, total heat generated warms the room nicely. I'll probably be complaining about it this summer, but that's what air conditioning is all about.
    8. I added several outlets at 6 ft. off the floor for neon signs, so no cords are visible. That was a good move, but I kind of wish I installed more of them. Placement of neons can be convenient if you have more outlets to choose from. No real downside to too many outlets.
    9. I installed a small angle-shaped "Prize Cage" and so glad I did. Lots of kid stuff in the room, and the cage does the trick. Loaded with cotton candy, mini Chinese gumball machines and small toys, the kids have a memorable visit there. They trade tickets won by the skee ball machine for prizes. The crane game and skee ball keep kids in their own little world. And, all the tokens for multiple slots are stored there.
    It's been a fun project so far.

img18_(resized).jpgimg05_(resized).jpgimg25_(resized).jpgimg21_(resized).jpgimg13_(resized).jpgimg02_(resized).jpg

1. If I had room to space games, I would agree, however moving a game once in a while to access another for repair is worth it to me to accommodate an extra game in the room

5. I would never have a game room without carpeting. Spending hours at a time on your feet on concrete is miserable IMO. So much nicer to have some padding on the entire floor rather than a mat to perch on while playing.

10. You have a beautiful gameroom. Awesome to have a gynormous space like that and it is set up beautifully

#6331 8 years ago

Having two rooms with games, one carpeted, and one similar to ramegoom's...I prefer the concrete for all the listed reasons.

#6332 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Lack of carpet makes moving the machines around much easier.

I love carpeting under the machines. With sliders on, the game can be pulled straight out for service--so easy with the sliders--very little effort with practically zero friction. That also allows you to put them closer and fit more games. You can also rearrange games in a snap with the sliders. I can't imagine doing that with concrete--you'd need to stick them on a lift I suppose.

I would think spills and such are much better with concrete but I'm not hosting any wine tastings so not an issue with me.

#6333 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

I really like that look you have going in the ceiling. It is cool-looking and then it has all the practical advantages that you have exploited. Also, while I probably would go with all black as well, you could keep that style but use different colors up there for visual interest, for example painting some pipes different colors.

#6334 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

All pins are in now.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

So, is that all the games for the moment? No more in storage? I think the room turned out great. Can't wait to head up there to see it.

#6335 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

So, is that all the games for the moment? No more in storage? I think the room turned out great. Can't wait to head up there to see it.

Hey Jody...how is your room coming along? Is it done?

#6336 8 years ago

I used commercial grade carpet squares. Cool look and low profile. I put a slider on the end of each leg and the machines move around with very little effort. The carpet is waterproof but If something does happen just take the square out and put another in. image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#6337 8 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

» YouTube video

wow! amazing! very nicely done!

#6338 8 years ago

Tamoore . love your place !

#6339 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

EBD isn't in the picture, it's under construction. Arcades are still in storage but coming home soon. ULM and I are looking for party dates now. I'm thinking sometime in May. I really want you guys to be able to come up.

#6340 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Just an update from the Pinball cathedral, hatley, Canada.
    Lots of new games. Some have been sold to rebuy more pristine ones. But lots of great catches from last post
    The spot left on my left wall is for BBB. Bought last week from a great Erie guy
    * missing games are Banzai and NGG.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nice collection! I noticed the guitars, do you collect them too?

#6341 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lonzo:

I used commercial grade carpet squares. Cool look and low profile. I put a slider on the end of each leg and the machines move around with very little effort. The carpet is waterproof but If something does happen just take the square out and put another in. image_(resized).jpg

I did the same thing in my last house. We converted the garage to a gameroom and my home office and at first I just epoxied the floor. I don't think anyone really liked standing on that hard cement floor for long periods of time. We ended up putting commercial grade carpet squares in there and I loved them. We just moved a little over a month ago and I'm going to convert the three car garage at our new house into another gameroom and home office and I plan on going commercial grade carpet again. I'm not sure if I'll do a roll or squares. I know the squares are better for the reasons you stated above but I'll have to see what the price difference between the two is. I love the look of epoxy floors but carpet all the way for me. But hey, different strokes for different folks right?

#6342 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Pshaw...you'll run out of space at some point...then that 15" will start shrinking

#6343 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Pshaw...you'll run out of space at some point...then that 15" will start shrinking

Yep. I've got about .025" between each game at this point. Keeps people from nudging too much, also.

#6344 8 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Keeps people from nudging too much, also.

ha don't worry, I'll find a way

#6345 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

ha don't worry, I'll find a way

I've got a lot of room between the SEGA pins.. You can nudge them all you want!

#6346 8 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I've got a lot of room between the SEGA pins.. You can nudge them all you want!

OMG it's liker a dram come true! It's like a Rage Room with pins.

#6347 8 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

aliens-armageddon-arcade_(resized).pngTerminator_(resized).jpg

You can't swap the hardware. Already talked to Raw Thrills and was wondering myself since I have Salvation. They developp the 2 games using different computers just to make sure it would not happen. Same cabinet, same guns but different softwares.

#6348 8 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Anyone that has a large shooter such as terminator salvation or alien Armageddon is it worth it? I need some diversity in my game house and my wife really wants one. They are expensive and I a, interested on how much it gets played. I know it is taking up space for pinball but I have plenty of room. Thanks, Mike

Got salvation when it came out, still the main attraction every party I host. For some weird reason chicks dig that also. They keep saying : good anger management therapy lol

#6349 8 years ago

Next to my terminator salvation :

#6350 8 years ago

I could really use that :

There are 23,855 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 478.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.