Topic Stats

• 13,746 posts
  • 1,696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Skyemont
  • Topic is favorited by 708 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,241 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7C570E2B-7255-41CF-B644-2BCA4EF3629F (resized).jpeg
    D6C10B83-D3E2-4D81-8EF5-66CB5E65F64A (resized).jpeg
    9F5C1F85-065F-471F-BDC5-5654E3D08F97 (resized).jpeg
    MVIMG_20190817_234258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0572 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0571 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0570 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0569 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190817_211832_972 (resized).jpg

There are 13746 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 275.
    #6101 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Me neither... If I were to choose I'd part way with the TZ...

Where's yours then? LOL. An Addams Gold and a TZ but no TFTC

TFTC was a great game (and my first) but the Data East quality issues drove me bats. Game was always going down.

#6102 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Looks like a nice TZ - it's definately keeper material. Was my first game and is still there.

Thanks. I got really lucky. The original decals are not faded, and the cab is ridiculous clean. Game saw very little location time, if any, mine is its second home since 1995.

20160207_112335_(resized).jpg

#6103 3 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Where's yours then? LOL. An Addams Gold and a TZ but no TFTC
    TFTC was a great game (and my first) but the Data East quality issues drove me bats. Game was always going down.

Haven't got the chance to buy one yet... But you said it all... DE games are a bitch.... I used to own a Maverick.... Too much maintanance issues....

#6104 3 years ago
    Quoted from cheshirefilms:

The office in my apartment. I plan to take the poster down on the left and put up the Tom Whalen Twilight Zone lithograph series once it arrives.

20160225_204406_(resized).jpg

Or you could put this up

http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/21053342-twilight-zone?p=poster

tz_mockup_(resized).jpg

#6105 3 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

The work on the EM parlor continues.....

DSCN2037_(resized).JPG

Love the posters. I have the Hendrix one myself.

#6106 3 years ago

Nearing capacity!
    image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#6107 3 years ago

What's up with that Stargate? Is that the Limited SDJr Edition?

#6108 3 years ago

I think that's SDJr on the Hollywood Heat, too?

#6109 3 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

I think that's SDJr on the Hollywood Heat, too?

Quoted from Daniml:

What's up with that Stargate? Is that the Limited SDJr Edition?

Good eye! They aren't official Mezel mods, but I'm still pretty proud of them.

#6110 3 years ago

Dude, wtf??? That sounds worse than the michael jackson version of TWD....

#6111 3 years ago

Does anyone have any OUTDOOR lights for their game room? I am helping with an arcade, would love to get the letters ARCADE in lights outside the building...open to suggestions!

#6112 3 years ago

20160224_193952_(resized).jpg

#6114 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

20160224_193952_(resized).jpg

Do you have any concerns about the heat pump being right above your machines? The reason that I ask is I'm in the process of setting up my machines, and there will be a similar size heat pump sitting right above one of them. Would appreciate any and all suggestions/comments.

#6115 3 years ago

looks like an A/C unit

#6117 3 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Does anyone have any OUTDOOR lights for their game room? I am helping with an arcade, would love to get the letters ARCADE in lights outside the building...open to suggestions!

Hobby Lobby Arcade sign with outdoor Xmas lights. used die to cut holes for leds. Might be able to make another but need to find a better way to hold the lights in, mine I hot glued them but was a mess. Thinking of using those plastic electrical snap lock collar like thingies. took a lot of time to cut out the metal for holes for the lights and where like 49 holes to cut with the die.

IMG_0196_(resized).JPG

#6118 3 years ago

Here is that sign on ebay but I got mine at Hobby Lobby for less but don't know if they still have them in stock.
    ebay.com link » Arcade Arrow Tin Wall Sign 27x8 Game Room Mancave Garage Decor

#6119 3 years ago
    Quoted from tdunbar:

Hobby Lobby Arcade sign with outdoor Xmas lights. used die to cut holes for leds. Might be able to make another but need to find a better way to hold the lights in, mine I hot glued them but was a mess. Thinking of using those plastic electrical snap lock collar like thingies. took a lot of time to cut out the metal for holes for the lights and where like 49 holes to cut with the die.

IMG_0196_(resized).JPG

That's a great idea, I have that sign hanging and now I think I'm gonna have to do this!

#6121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

looks like an A/C unit

It both heat and cool. That's why it called a heat pump. He will have zero issues. It's a ductless mini split system. I own a heating and cooling co. And we sell those. They are expensive but work really well and you don't have to run duct work. It's great for places where it would be hard to have duct work installed.

#6122 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

looks like an A/C unit

Yeah it is a Mitsubishi split unit. I'm not worried about it. I inspect and blow out the drain line every year.

#6123 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

It's a ductless mini split system.

right on. we looked at those for our second story for A/C.

#6124 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

It both heat and cool. That's why it called a heat pump. He will have zero issues. It's a ductless mini split system. I own a heating and cooling co. And we sell those. They are expensive but work really well and you don't have to run duct work. It's great for places where it would be hard to have duct work installed.

My house already has a nice central air conditioning system that covers the game room. I had this put in as a supplement for those times where all the machines are powered on and I have a bunch of people over. It keeps the room at 72 degrees or less with no problem.

#6125 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Yeah it is a Mitsubishi split unit. I'm not worried about it. I inspect and blow out the drain line every year.

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback. I'll post some pics of my game room once it's finished.

#6126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Like Afghanistan. I'm not an AC guy, but I recognized that right off the bat. Are they really applicable here? Dont see why not, but for a garage in AZ this might be the ticket!!!

#6127 3 years ago

In ac mode they take out a ton of humidity. They are great.

#6128 3 years ago

Here is an updated picture of an extra bedroom that's serving as a temporary game room while I finish my basement. WoZ is sitting in the dining room for now since I ran out of room.

Temp_Gameroom_(resized).jpg

Here is the game room I'm building in the basement. It just needs insulation and return HVAC ducts and then it's ready for drywall. You can see part of the bar / pool table area on the left. Around the side of the bar is a bathroom and right past that, I'm building a theater. The cool thing is that prior to starting this project, I had never even cut a 2x4 in half. I'm doing everything myself except for the drywall. I paid $100 for some streaming "how to finish your basement" videos and learned everything from those. My dad has been helping me every weekend for the last few months.

Basement_Gameroom_(resized).jpg

#6129 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Here is an updated picture of an extra bedroom that's serving as a temporary game room while I finish my basement. WoZ is sitting in the dining room for now since I ran out of room.
    Here is the game room I'm building in the basement. It just needs insulation and return HVAC ducts and then it's ready for drywall. You can see part of the bar / pool table area on the left. Around the side of the bar is a bathroom and right past that, I'm building a theater. The cool thing is that prior to starting this project, I had never even cut a 2x4 in half. I'm doing everything myself except for the drywall. I paid $100 for some streaming "how to finish your basement" videos and learned everything from those. My dad has been helping me every weekend for the last few months.

Looks great, more pictures as you go.

#6130 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great, more pictures as you go.

Thanks! I was thinking of starting a build thread so I don't clutter up this thread.

#6131 3 years ago

Another update on the build, hopefully ill have some drywall up by the end of the week

20160221_091010_(resized).jpg

20160221_091017_(resized).jpg

20160221_091035_(resized).jpg

#6132 3 years ago

That's gonna be one heck of a party room.

#6133 3 years ago

If you have a bedroom above the gameroom or TV room, I recommend you install sound insulation in the ceiling under that room.

#6134 3 years ago

Here's my current setup; it's always changing. I only have space for half of my collection, so I rotate games out once or twice a year.

1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg

3_(resized).jpg

4_(resized).jpg

5_(resized).jpg

6_(resized).jpg

#6136 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Doing that with your Dad and yourself is impressive! How are yoi getting heat down there?

#6143 3 years ago

Thanks! It's a lot of fun too....well, most of the time it's fun. Other times I want to scream.

I just tapped into the main HVAC feed trunk and pulled off that. The feeds were easy, it's the returns that are going to be tough. There isn't much space to tap in to the return. I can make it work, but the problem is going to be keeping the duct out of the way. The guy in the video said that you pull HVAC wherever you can get it.

I started a build thread if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-room-build-thread

#6144 3 years ago

Well, inside 98% done. I just need the electrician to come by and finish his stuff. Then I can get my 3 ton minisplit AC unit finished. Can't wait to start moving machines in...

20160301_151342[1]_(resized).jpg

20160301_151358[1]_(resized).jpg

20160227_181637[1]_(resized).jpg

#6146 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Well, inside 98% done. I just need the electrician to come by and finish his stuff. Then I can get my 3 ton minisplit AC unit finished. Can't wait to start moving machines in...

20160301_151342[1]_(resized).jpg20160301_151358[1]_(resized).jpg20160227_181637[1]_(resized).jpg

Very nice...may need to trek over to your place once you have it completed!

#6147 3 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Very nice...may need to trek over to your place once you have it completed!

Electrician just got here. Moving along good.

#6148 3 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Just make sure your city or town doesn't think you're running a business with an outside sign.

I love the idea, not trying to be a debbie downer, just that I know how weird my township can be about stuff. Also might not want to advertise what you have in the building. Just a thought.

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 224.99
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 149.00
    $ 19.99
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 16.00
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 13746 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 275.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside