Topic Stats

• 23,810 posts
  • 2,343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 1,119 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184903 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0559 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1211 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1212 (resized).jpeg
    There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 477.
    #5801 8 years ago

More progress. The bricks are done.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#5802 8 years ago

Interior. It doesn't photograph well.
    Front room leading to porch. It will have a bar and connect to a full bath.

#5803 8 years ago

Dedicated pinball room

#5804 8 years ago

Workshop at rear entrance

#5805 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

image_(resized).jpg

Everything's looking good bro.

#5806 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

image_(resized).jpg

That's what I call a dream building! Looks great!

#5807 8 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

That's what I call a dream building! Looks great!

Agreed! Looks great Nevus!

#5808 8 years ago

That looks sweet!

#5809 8 years ago

Just curious; why do you have the NM wiring looped around prior to entering the electrical boxes? The inspectors in my area insist that the wires get stapled to the stud within 6 inches of the box entry. And, they want a 6 in. working length outside of each box.

Maybe the code in your area is different? It would be nice to have some slack on those wires every once in a while...

#5810 8 years ago

Can't wait to see it finish and fill up with pins

#5811 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Just curious; why do you have the NM wiring looped around prior to entering the electrical boxes? The inspectors in my area insist that the wires get stapled to the stud within 6 inches of the box entry. And, they want a 6 in. working length outside of each box.
    Maybe the code in your area is different? It would be nice to have some slack on those wires every once in a while...

I have no idea, but will ask the electrician. Im glad you asked. I'll get to learn something new.

#5812 8 years ago

When one game room is not enough ... Time for a second one.

My car garage is dead. Long live the car garage. Mind you, I've lived here for two years now and I have never parked a car in there anyway, it's always been full of f**king pinball machines lol

And the Hercules needed to go somewhere ....

Work in progress but the carpet has been done. Eventually all the EM and System 7 games will come over here.

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5813 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Almost certainly a code requirement in his area. Where I live that is how it has to be done.

#5814 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

Nice set up. .a friend of mine is releasing a cd this week with a guy that toured with hank lll playing fiddle. .David Mcelfresh . I got to play some tracks on it also . Just thought that was a cool coincidence seeing your pics.

Nice! I'm a huge Hank fan, I've listened to David a whole lot over the last few years as he seems to be the one that played on his last 2 albums... What's the name of the guy putting out the album? What do you play on it?
    I have a band too, just beer leaguers, but played a lot of shows locally over the years. We're recording a new album a month from now. The first one's here (https://damntheluck.bandcamp.com), we've upped our game a whole lot since then.
    We have a song about pinball that I'll pitch here when it comes out

#5815 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I have no idea, but will ask the electrician. Im glad you asked. I'll get to learn something new.

Service loop in case you wanna move the box

#5816 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

When one game room is not enough ... Time for a second one.
    My car garage is dead. Long live the car garage. Mind you, I've lived here for two years now and I have never parked a car in there anyway, it's always been full of f**king pinball machines lol
    And the Hercules needed to go somewhere ....
    Work in progress but the carpet has been done. Eventually all the EM and System 7 games will come over here.
    rd
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

Finally some pics with pins.... for a moment I thought I was visiting a construction forum.....

#5817 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Finally some pics with pins.... for a moment I thought I was visiting a construction forum.....

I can put up some construction pics too if you want ... I got folders full of them.

rd

#5818 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Oh close your mouth...your just jealous....same as me.

#5819 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh close your mouth...your just jealous....same as me.

Nah.... I can't stand another house work or reform ever again in my life.....

#5820 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nah.... I can't stand another house work or reform ever again in my life.....

Well here I wae gonna invite you up to help finish the inside of my garage. Going to be a beautiful weekend....-10 for a high during the day and a -30 at night and COLDER up north.

#5821 8 years ago

I like the construction pics! I think they're best digested in a short period where quick progress can be seen, though.

#5822 8 years ago

I stuck this in another thread, but here is the batcave with a bunch of games setup in it - still very much a work in progress. Still a bunch of stuff that is unfinished including the floor:

batcave_(resized).JPGbatcave_(resized).JPG

basement1_(resized).JPGbasement1_(resized).JPG

basement4_(resized).JPGbasement4_(resized).JPG

#5823 8 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

I stuck this in another thread, but here is the batcave with a bunch of games setup in it - still very much a work in progress. Still a bunch of stuff that is unfinished including the floor:
    batcave_(resized).JPG
    basement1_(resized).JPG
    basement4_(resized).JPG

Very nice!

#5824 8 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

I stuck this in another thread, but here is the batcave with a bunch of games setup in it - still very much a work in progress. Still a bunch of stuff that is unfinished including the floor

If you look at the window in the second picture, that's the inside of the swimming pool.

This whole room is the side of the pool. Very cool setup.

Sometimes when you're playing the pins, the kids swim up and wave through the window. Nice one!

rd

#5825 8 years ago

I really like your lighting sleazius, especially in that first pic!

#5826 8 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Nice! I'm a huge Hank fan, I've listened to David a whole lot over the last few years as he seems to be the one that played on his last 2 albums... What's the name of the guy putting out the album? What do you play on it?
    I have a band too, just beer leaguers, but played a lot of shows locally over the years. We're recording a new album a month from now. The first one's here (https://damntheluck.bandcamp.com), we've upped our game a whole lot since then.
    We have a song about pinball that I'll pitch here when it comes out

His name is Lynn Callihan. He has a website and is on Facebook. I did some backing mandolin and guitar. David did fiddle and mandolin. Lynn took tracks from a few friends and used the best for each song. Lynncallihan.net is his website. I used to play out with him a few years ago until he moved to Michigan but kids and job keeps me from playing as much as i used to. I pretty much like all music and play a few different instruments. I've built up a nice musical collection over the years and have been selling some stuff off to help pay for this damn pinball habit lol. Pm me if you want to keep up on trading music..I'd like to hear the pinball song! And I'll check out your other stuff also

#5827 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well here I wae gonna invite you up to help finish the inside of my garage. Going to be a beautiful weekend....-10 for a high during the day and a -30 at night and COLDER up north.

You see, not for the cold weather, but I'm the kind of guy who'd rather acquire a diecast miniature instead of a revell model kit!

#5828 8 years ago
    #5829 8 years ago

Guest room turned gameroom

#5830 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

image_(resized).jpeg

Nice idea! Let's see what my wife will think of it!

#5831 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

image_(resized).jpeg

My unused guest room is up 2 flights of stairs. No pins up there unless I get an escalera, or a really strong buddy.

#5832 8 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice idea! Let's see what my wife will think of it!

Mine gave up about 2 years back.

#5833 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

My upstairs front room has become the "newest addition" space for 2 pins plus my custom project. We don't get down in the basement much, so I want at least 2 titles upstairs that I can play at any time. As each new title comes in, one gets chosen to be banished to the basement.

#5834 8 years ago

More like my "second game room" really. I reorganized the garage last weekend so that I could play the games in my restoration queue... 11 of my 15 projects work, but I couldn't play them until now.

#5835 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

image_(resized).jpeg

You mean guestroom turned into GuestRoom! I would stay in that guestroom any day!

#5836 8 years ago
    Quoted from Slate:

You mean guestroom turned into GuestRoom! I would stay in that guestroom any day!

I think I could squeeze in a cot perhaps. Always welcomed. Bring beer.

#5837 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think I could squeeze in a cot perhaps. Always welcomed. Bring beer.

Air mattress.....much more comfortable. Guests get a kick out of sleeping amongst the games.

#5838 8 years ago

Scanning the thread, will be building a new gameroom from scratch in not too distant future....maybe 25 machines plus misc. Looking at multiple 20 amp circuits correct? 8-10. Put outlets everywhere basically?

Any other sage advice besides overkill the electric?

#5839 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Scanning the thread, will be building a new gameroom from scratch in not too distant future....maybe 25 machines plus misc. Looking at multiple 20 amp circuits correct? 8-10. Put outlets everywhere basically?
    Any other sage advice besides overkill the electric?

Yeah, overkill on the outlets both high and low mounted.

#5840 8 years ago

I went low on my outlets for future resale. The "game house" will have a 200amp service. 4 different circuits in the game room. Good lighting. Good AC or heat for Yankees.

#5841 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

low on my outlets

Low towards the floor or low # of outlets?

#5842 8 years ago

Low towards the floor. Lots of outlets!

#5843 8 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

batcave_(resized).JPG
    basement1_(resized).JPG
    basement4_(resized).JPG

This surely has to be the best collection in Australia! Congrats sir.

#5844 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

This surely has to be the best collection in Australia! Congrats sir.

Not even close. One of the largest collectors in the world lives in QLD (approx 2500 machines - not a typo).

It is nice to have some of my games setup permanently though so thanks!

#5845 8 years ago

Seriously!?! Who and where is that? I need to befriend this person lol

#5846 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I can put up some construction pics too if you want ... I got folders full of them.

Make a separate thread for your build. I'd love to see pictures of your space go up.

#5847 8 years ago

Living room's gotten a makover lately.

room_(resized).jpgroom_(resized).jpg

#5848 8 years ago

Put 12 outlets on each 20 amp circuit, 6 at 16 in. and the other 6 at 48 in. This way, if you install pinball machines, the cord will be completely hidden in the back, and it's easier to keep the floor clean.

Also, if you are considering placing neon signs on the walls, put some outlets at 60 in. to accommodate the power for the sign, again, to keep cords out of sight.

Then put a few outlets in the ceiling, to power "floating" games (bowling or arcade machines) that don't meet a wall.

There are no published limits as to how many outlets you can put on a single circuit, but a reasonable limit is 12 outlets for each 20 amp circuit. Go the limit, you won't regret it. And it has nothing to do with resale of the home either.

#5849 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Put 12 outlets on each 20 amp circuit, 6 at 16 in. and the other 6 at 48 in. This way, if you install pinball machines, the cord will be completely hidden in the back, and it's easier to keep the floor clean.

Is there no need to put in a surge suppressor...or is there a surge built in to the circuit?

#5850 8 years ago
    Quoted from ddebuss:

Make a separate thread for your build. I'd love to see pictures of your space go up.

I was meaning my commercial property builds .. I'm a property developer. Don't think anyone wants to see those here... Oh what the heck, here's one of those photos.

The pinball room build photos are in this thread already ... Go up the top to the TOOLS and search for my posts in this thread. The house started construction about 3 years back I guess.

Sweet!
    rd

There are 23,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.