Topic Stats

• 14,020 posts
  • 1,729 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Spyderturbo007
  • Topic is favorited by 719 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,587 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

goodfellas (resized).jpg
    12845109-2951-4EA6-A95C-2D305B65FE38 (resized).jpeg
    20191016_135228 (resized).jpg
    20191011_201854 (resized).jpg
    20191011_201833 (resized).jpg
    20191011_201804 (resized).jpg
    3376A689-0890-4AC1-9F24-E901E5E010C6 (resized).jpeg
    B5C2523F-2D15-4F2A-837D-9E0339ED602C (resized).jpeg
    BE9C558C-E84E-405D-BD03-2364F8E3CE8E (resized).jpeg
    6BD9273D-97D7-4304-93BA-6EC154CCD37F (resized).jpeg
    3C289638-7E6C-4E05-A483-C7B4A308B1BE (resized).jpeg
    E9857896-37C6-4C1E-B517-6C917E6C77CE (resized).jpeg
    487BD71E-5597-4BF5-ACE2-53E8C9223DA9 (resized).jpeg
    34B06F91-8108-4120-9A62-87D8BA24A577 (resized).jpeg
    286CA797-6087-445F-A3A4-BD5C5096BF42 (resized).jpeg
    D4088470-5F88-4584-8DAA-41D374F81468 (resized).jpeg

There are 14020 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 281.
    #5701 3 years ago

"Wow it's much faster thank remembered eh!"

image_(resized).jpeg

#5702 3 years ago

DSC03905_(resized).JPG

#5703 3 years ago

Just finished putting some final touches on my game room. I had a tight budget and a small room to put something together, but I am very happy with how it turned out. I tried to tie in all of my main hobbies (pins, games, turntablism, gems & minerals, cactus and succulents, record collecting, my music business, etc.)

I have some numbered and signed silk screen pinball art to put around the room. First is the 'Solenoids & Asteroids' design by Graham Pilling, I feel that truly embodies the battle of pinball and having that space themed poster next to the BH really works well.

There are two posters by Dirty Donny. One is the 'Master Blaster' which technically isn't pinball related besides looking like the inspiration for Sparky from Metallica Pinball (which is a game I dream of owning), but the 'Zodiac' poster from DD is pinball related. I really like his style and love that he incorporates Pinball into his art. The blacklight aesthetic truly makes it feel like a room to have a drink, listen to music and play pins.

I have my shelves full of the rare gems and minerals I collect, as well as my turntables and victorian Morris Chair with the lion heads and paws. Love sitting in that thing. And a small mini fridge packed with waters, craft beers and craft sodas. I installed some LED spotlights on the shelves for the rocks and threw some small blacklights into small lamps to make the posters glow.

Final steps here is to throw a stand-up arcade cabinet in that closet like area in the corner next to the records. Other than that, I am feeling like this room is ready to rock.

IMG_0306_(resized).JPG

IMG_0305_(resized).JPGIMG_0307_(resized).JPGIMG_0303_(resized).JPGIMG_0308_(resized).JPGIMG_0309_(resized).JPGIMG_0310_(resized).JPGIMG_0301_(resized).JPGIMG_0315_(resized).JPGIMG_0312_(resized).JPGIMG_0313_(resized).JPG

#5704 3 years ago

That is a cool room, nice job!

#5705 3 years ago
    Quoted from Irishbastard:

That is a cool room, nice job!

+1 looks awesome!

#5706 3 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

Just finished putting some final touches on my game room. I had a tight budget and a small room to put something together, but I am very happy with how it turned out. I tried to tie in all of my main hobbies (pins, games, turntablism, gems & minerals, cactus and succulents, record collecting, my music business, etc.)
    I have some numbered and signed silk screen pinball art to put around the room. First is the 'Solenoids & Asteroids' design by Graham Pilling, I feel that truly embodies the battle of pinball and having that space themed poster next to the BH really works well.
    There are two posters by Dirty Donny. One is the 'Master Blaster' which technically isn't pinball related besides looking like the inspiration for Sparky from Metallica Pinball (which is a game I dream of owning), but the 'Zodiac' poster from DD is pinball related. I really like his style and love that he incorporates Pinball into his art. The blacklight aesthetic truly makes it feel like a room to have a drink, listen to music and play pins.
    I have my shelves full of the rare gems and minerals I collect, as well as my turntables and victorian Morris Chair with the lion heads and paws. Love sitting in that thing. And a small mini fridge packed with waters, craft beers and craft sodas. I installed some LED spotlights on the shelves for the rocks and threw some small blacklights into small lamps to make the posters glow.
    Final steps here is to throw a stand-up arcade cabinet in that closet like area in the corner next to the records. Other than that, I am feeling like this room is ready to rock.

Vintage and very cool! Still rockin the LPs myself and love that B Dawk!

#5707 3 years ago

Took some time to tidy things up and get organized. Here is my game room in all of its glory.

IMG_1598_(resized).JPG

IMG_1597_(resized).JPG

IMG_1599_(resized).JPG

IMG_1600_(resized).JPG

IMG_1601_(resized).JPG

IMG_1602_(resized).JPG

#5708 3 years ago

Wow! Thats a huge gameroom!

#5709 3 years ago

Very nice and neat setup. Great variety too.

#5710 3 years ago
    Quoted from davebart5:

Very classy! Nice job on incorporating the Blacklight Posters without making the room look like you just got back from Spencers Gifts at the mall!

#5711 3 years ago

Man, some of guys have game room "mansions" - absolutely gorgeous jobs everyone!

I finally got my trifecta of NIB games completed as of yesterday. Took nearly 2 years, but hey, I am 100% pleased with them .

20151228_234232_(resized).jpg

The cherry on top will be when I bring home AFM. That was the game that got me started on pinball in 1995 at a laser tag chain known as Q-ZAR. Fond memories - I missed whole laser games to keep battling martians. It won't be happening anytime soon, but that's ok - things worth doing are worth waiting for. We'll get there!

#5712 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

Although I started a separate thread on the build of my game room, here are some images of the end result, fitting the title of this thread. Missing a few key items, but basically all there and ready to fire up. I was fortunate in that I had 2900 sq. ft. of space to "have at it". So I did.
    collage01.jpg
    collage02.jpg
    collage03.jpg
    collage04.jpg

OMG, that is an awesome setup. Well played. Enjoy that game room.

Gord

#5713 3 years ago

^^ If you're up around Windsor/Loveland, give me a shout, check out the play room.

#5714 3 years ago
    Quoted from tiltmonster:

Vintage and very cool! Still rockin the LPs myself and love that B Dawk!

Being a die hard Eagles fan I will always love B Dawk. The Liberty Bell and B Dawk are created by a local artist that makes Philly themed pictures that are actually made up of a bunch of words smashed together to create one single image. The Liberty Bell is the words of the constitution and B Dawk is one of his famous pre-game speeches mashed together to make the shot.

Quoted from Aladdin:

Very classy! Nice job on incorporating the Blacklight Posters without making the room look like you just got back from Spencers Gifts at the mall!

Thank you. I had to come up with a way to get the illumination pinpointed on the poster and not much else. I also had to have the bulb not be visible at all because they are a bit unpleasant to look at directly. As you said it can take over the room and I wanted to avoid that, and so did my girlfriend who I share this home with. She was worried about everyone's teeth and clothes glowing when they walked in the room. Not very classy. I happened to find small compact blacklight bulbs and got creative with extending the edges of the lamps with gaffe tape to funnel the light to the poster, block the view of the bulb and contain the blast of neon purple. Turned out better than I originally imagined.

#5715 3 years ago

That's a shot from Christmas Eve...empty slot in pin row soon to be taken up by Star Wars.

gameroomchristmas2015_(resized).jpg

#5716 3 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

That's a shot from Christmas Eve...empty slot in pin row soon to be taken up by Star Wars.

Cool....is that a "sawed off" pacman cab, or a cabaret that was made like that?/Never seen that

#5717 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

That was the game that got me started on pinball in 1995 at a laser tag chain known as

I use to LOVE going to Q-Zar when I was 13-15 years old out here in CA (1995). I still hold onto almost every games score sheet in a filing cabinet for nostalgia, I wasn't good by any stretch but I have more then a couple TOP GUN's so thats what kept me coming back by walking and taking a bus mind you. (took about a good hour to get there) Then my best friend and I could play two 20 minute matches for 5 bucks with these coupons that were on the back of grocery store receipts.

I don't recall any pins being there but this was the same time that I got hooked on pinball because I use to play The Getaway at this sandwich shop (Jersey Joe's Philly cheese steaks) that had a $1.99 hoggie sandwich with unlimited fountain soda special I would get for lunch because the entire school had off campus lunch. So my pre car years lunch time excursions were mainly centered around food and arcade games because they had SF2, MK1,2 and 3, Tekken and and a pins spread between 7-11, pizza by the slice place, a pool hall and this super cool smoke shop that would sell us high schoolers anything in his store.

Wasn't the 90's cool like that?

#5718 3 years ago

The 80's arcades were pretty amazing when I was a kid.

#5719 3 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Took some time to tidy things up and get organized. Here is my game room in all of its glory.

IMG_1598_(resized).JPGIMG_1597_(resized).JPGIMG_1599_(resized).JPGIMG_1600_(resized).JPGIMG_1601_(resized).JPGIMG_1602_(resized).JPG

Pretty nice.....for only one game listed.

#5720 3 years ago

Basement is finally coming together. Still needs a bit of tidying up... Perhaps some proper blinds heh. But once my Met Pro gets here it looks like I'm all filled up. Couldn't be happier. Just wish there was another pinsider in Jersey City to nerd out with!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#5721 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

But once my Met Pro gets here it looks like I'm all filled up.

There's always room for one more.

#5722 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Basement is finally coming together. Still needs a bit of tidying up... Perhaps some proper blinds heh. But once my Met Pro gets here it looks like I'm all filled up. Couldn't be happier. Just wish there was another pinsider in Jersey City to nerd out with!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nice Gretsch set!! Got one in my basement as well !

20151230_010737_(resized).jpg

#5723 3 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

I use to LOVE going to Q-Zar when I was 13-15 years old out here in CA (1995). I still hold onto almost every games score sheet in a filing cabinet for nostalgia, I wasn't good by any stretch but I have more then a couple TOP GUN's so thats what kept me coming back by walking and taking a bus mind you. (took about a good hour to get there) Then my best friend and I could play two 20 minute matches for 5 bucks with these coupons that were on the back of grocery store receipts.
    I don't recall any pins being there but this was the same time that I got hooked on pinball because I use to play The Getaway at this sandwich shop (Jersey Joe's Philly cheese steaks) that had a $1.99 hoggie sandwich with unlimited fountain soda special I would get for lunch because the entire school had off campus lunch. So my pre car years lunch time excursions were mainly centered around food and arcade games because they had SF2, MK1,2 and 3, Tekken and and a pins spread between 7-11, pizza by the slice place, a pool hall and this super cool smoke shop that would sell us high schoolers anything in his store.
    Wasn't the 90's cool like that?

Haha! Me too! Went to Q-Zar in Redwood City for a b-day and got Top Gun. I cherished that moment for many moons. Thanks for bringing back an old memory.

#5724 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

20151230_010737_(resized).jpg

Speaking of drums, you guys ever hear of Ellis Drums? My friend Tim Ellis (a drummer of many years) started his local company making custom drums. I think it's www.ellisdrums.com.

#5725 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Cool....is that a "sawed off" pacman cab, or a cabaret that was made like that?/Never seen that

It's a cabaret with decals. Love that machine. Tiny and looks awesome.

#5726 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

VERY nice setup! Love the multiple splashes and Chine Boy. After keeping mine in storage spaces and hallways for the past ten years in the NYC area I'm ecstatic to finally have a place to set them up. Unfortunately drumming is not like riding a bike but I'm having a blast getting back into the swing of things!

#5727 3 years ago

My man cave!!!!

DSC_0361_(resized).JPG

#5728 3 years ago

man I need to actually start hanging stuff on the walls

I just have games in a basement

#5729 3 years ago

I'm tired of having basement envy. A basement in CA is like a unicorn. I'm considering going this route:

http://www.tuffshed.com/gallery/

I've been to their showroom and was very impressed. Very affordable, too.

#5730 3 years ago
    Quoted from bpeed99:

My man cave!!!!

DSC_0361_(resized).JPG

If you were closer I could sell you one of my movie poster marquees.

20151209_192038-1_(resized).jpg

#5731 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#5732 3 years ago

My girlfriend is sleeping so I don't want to turn on my modest pinball collection, but I'm sitting at my bar right now, to which I just added LED lighting behind the bottles, as learned from the almighty John Taffer, and I thought I'd share.
    The bar was made with leftover wood from the living room floor.
    Also on display is a vintage peanut machine given by a friend of mine which I semi-restored, and my Surf Champ Arduino clock project.

IMG_20151230_223659_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20151230_223708_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20151230_223804_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20151230_223512_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20151230_222947_(resized).jpg

IMG_20151230_230934_(resized).jpg
    IMG_20151230_230745_(resized).jpg

IMG_20151230_231929_(resized).jpg

#5733 3 years ago

Neat clock!

Could you send me the sketch and wire up so some day I can build my own?

#5734 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Neat clock!
    Could you send me the sketch and wire up so some day I can build my own?

Sure thing man: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-reel-clock-project
    I still have the code somewhere when you get there.

#5735 3 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Which one?

#5736 3 years ago

Data East. Want to play with the new code for a while. Plus think it will be cool to have an IJ and a SW sitting next to each other.

#5737 3 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Plus think it will be cool to have an IJ and a SW sitting next to each other.

Be careful when you put them next to each other. Mine were always talking behind my back about finding a way to off my SW Episode I... so, I had to get rid of it. They are much happier now.

#5738 3 years ago

I had an RFM with a borrowed SWEP1 kit. Both are gone. I miss the RFM a little, the SWEP1 not so much.

#5739 3 years ago

awesome arcades! heres some of mine.

image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

#5740 3 years ago

PhilGreg - you have the bar thing nailed. Love it. Best clock ever!

#5741 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

awesome arcades.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Nice! Quantum and a sweet SF2!

#5742 3 years ago

One wall of games done. Two more to go!

Marcus

image_(resized).jpeg

#5743 3 years ago
    Quoted from molspin:

Haha! Me too! Went to Q-Zar in Redwood City for a b-day and got Top Gun. I cherished that moment for many moons. Thanks for bringing back an old memory.

Small world as Q-Zar in Redwood City was the location I was referring to. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago.

FullSizeRender_6_(resized).jpg

#5744 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

awesome arcades.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Wow a Major Havoc in the original cabinet, ok now I'm jealous. Quantum is sweet as well. And Mad Planets! Been thinking of getting that one, killer collection man.

#5745 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

awesome arcades.

Those are some real fancy collectible games.

#5746 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Wow a Major Havoc in the original cabinet, ok now I'm jealous.

YUP...just what I was thinking...none of that converted dial shit. Man I almost had one decades ago. Although if you still play the game never look up that youtube guy...you'll never want to play again.

#5747 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

PhilGreg - you have the bar thing nailed. Love it. Best clock ever!

Thank you!

#5750 3 years ago

Took that pic yesterday and liked it a lot.... Thought it'd be nice to share with you guys!

20160103_155613_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 30.00
    $ 9.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 85.00
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    € 3.70
    $ 79.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 11.95
    $ 239.00
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 129.25
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 14020 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 281.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside