Topic Stats

• 13,746 posts
  • 1,696 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Skyemont
  • Topic is favorited by 708 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,241 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7C570E2B-7255-41CF-B644-2BCA4EF3629F (resized).jpeg
    D6C10B83-D3E2-4D81-8EF5-66CB5E65F64A (resized).jpeg
    9F5C1F85-065F-471F-BDC5-5654E3D08F97 (resized).jpeg
    MVIMG_20190817_234258 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0572 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0571 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0570 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0569 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190817_211832_972 (resized).jpg

There are 13746 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 275.
    #5601 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Why waste pin space with arcades????

I like 'em both

#5602 3 years ago

Most great arcades have arcade machines and pins living in harmony with each other

#5603 3 years ago

Moving (finally!) and getting dedicated game room space! 3 pins down, 3 to go.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

#5605 3 years ago

How long is that couch going to last before you squeeze in 3 more games?

#5606 3 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

Most great arcades have arcade machines and pins living in harmony with each other

Funny.... My pins never allowed any arcade into my game-room!

#5607 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Moving (finally!) and getting dedicated game room space! 3 pins down, 3 to go.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Man, if you really want to add some fun, please get yourself a real dog!

#5608 3 years ago

Is that the old RCA dog?

#5609 3 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Is that the old RCA dog?

Looks like the "His Master's Voice" dog alright.

#5610 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

Looks like the "His Master's Voice" dog alright.

You know your musical history.

#5611 3 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Is that the old RCA dog?

Yep! That's "Nipper". It belonged to the former owner of the house who was in the radio industry in the 70s and 80s.

#5612 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Man, if you really want to add some fun, please get yourself a real dog!

Got 2 of those. Love dogs but it's nice to not have to deal with dog hair during the moving in period.

#5613 3 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

How long is that couch going to last before you squeeze in 3 more games?

10 minutes!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks nice, how big is it.

Not sure of the full size. I can fit a bit in here though.

#5614 3 years ago

Here is a little update of my gameroom pics , just sold my Haunted House , added a few signs , one slot machine and a dartboard.IMG_4234.JPG IMG_4235.JPGIMG_4236.JPGIMG_4237.JPGIMG_4238.JPGIMG_4239.JPGIMG_4240.JPGIMG_4241.JPG

#5615 3 years ago

IMG_4242.JPGIMG_4243.JPGIMG_4244.JPGIMG_4245.JPGIMG_4246.JPG

#5616 3 years ago

^^^ Very nice and neat. Do you have a 2nd. entrance to that room, or is the twisty staircase the only way in?

#5617 3 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

You know your musical history.

Eh, i own an old record player with some records, + i been collecting and playing vinyls since i where a kid.

#5618 3 years ago

I really need a house with a basement!

Wonder how much to dig up the garden!

#5619 3 years ago
    Quoted from PlatinumPinMike:

IMG_4242.JPG IMG_4243.JPG IMG_4244.JPG IMG_4245.JPG IMG_4246.JPG

Very nice space....but that man cave sign has got to go.

#5620 3 years ago

I just have the 90 degree stairs to my basement , the pins comes downstairs very tightly but at least I dont have to remove the backbox.

#5621 3 years ago

You dont like it MustangPaul ??

#5622 3 years ago

In 2016 I get rid of the Die hard arcade and replace it by a Sideshow T-800 endoskeleton Life-Size , that will be amazing in the corner !!

#5623 3 years ago

You dont like it MustangPaul ??

I cringe every time somebody uses that term.

#5624 3 years ago

In 2016 I get rid of the Die hard arcade and replace it by a Sideshow T-800 endoskeleton Life-Size , that will be amazing in the corner !!

Now that's cool, ya gotta post pictures when ya get it.

#5625 3 years ago

I just have the 90 degree stairs to my basement , the pins comes downstairs very tightly but at least I dont have to remove the backbox.

My last house had a 90 degree turn in the stairway, AND a lowered ceiling line. It made it IMPOSSIBLE to get some games in. I bought a Grand Prix arcade game, could not fit it past the ceiling hump. Out in the garage it went.

I had a pool table in the basement, no problem getting the head assembly down that stairway...until I finished the room. Then tried to get that head out, wouldn't fit thru the doorway. I had to take it apart, 60 year old rusty bolts holding it together. What a pita.

Same pool table, different house, just now setting it up. Game room almost complete.

#5626 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Very nice space....but that man cave sign has got to go.

100% agree with this. Caves like we're cavemen.
    But if it makes you happy...

#5627 3 years ago

I admit the mancave term is not the best , I prefer gameroom but well I liked the sign ..

#5628 3 years ago

I admit the mancave term is not the best , I prefer gameroom but well I liked the sign ..

There's a guy on ebay that makes kick ass wood signs with your name on it, I've got one but I can't remember his name.

#5629 3 years ago

Here is my sign...

tiltown_001.jpg

tiltown_003.jpg

#5631 3 years ago

I've been thinking about starting a new thread on game room lightning, specifically RGB LED strips that come on a roll and has a controller. Prices, and quality seem to range a lot. With this thread having so many posts I figured id give this thread a shot before I went ahead and made its own thread.

I am in the market for two 20 foot long strips of RGB LED's with a controller to light my game room. All in one kits appeal to me more then the hardcore DIY'ers shopping list but also want to avoid the places selling them to high end customers to light up their yacht's at a 10x increase in price. I just want a good well thought out system/kit because they are all most likely coming over from China and it would be nice to know which ones are studs and which ones are duds, and which ones to avoid. Christmas is coming up and I'd like to wow my family coming over.

rgb1.jpg

#5632 3 years ago

I bought the Crazy Lights that are in that youtube video you posted. They are awesome. Great animated leds that wow people when they see them.

#5633 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I cringe every time somebody uses that term.

I am in the same camp and prefer the term "game room". Mancave is demeaning and too gender/age focused. Where's the political correctness police when we need them? Haha!

#5634 3 years ago

Those lights are awesome. I would want them if I had a ridiculously cool ceiling like that, but I wonder how they would look in my basement with a normal drop ceiling? Two things....where did you get them, and why did Brian have to ruin that video by jumping?

#5635 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I bought the Crazy Lights that are in that youtube video you posted. They are awesome. Great animated leds that wow people when they see them.

How is the glare with them?

#5636 3 years ago

image.jpg

#5637 3 years ago
    Quoted from thall17:

Ok along those lines of trying to find more space for pins, please add your comments....the room is approx 22' x 12'....Thanks!

north.jpg South.jpg

Double thumbs up for the bubble hockey....anyone who likes the hand-eye coordination of pinball needs to log some serious time on a Super Chexx playing against someone head to head. Just remember....the faster the pucks flying around, the more fun it becomes. When you and your playing partners get good enough to play fast and in control, in a best of seven format, it's like the same rush as getting to a super jackpot or final wizard mode.

For great fun, I recommend the three-man, race-to-7 format in super chexx:
    1. Rock/scissors/paper to see which two play first
    2. Winner stays on, switches sides, and loser sits.
    3. Repeat until one player wins 7 games.
    4. Each player is allowed one timeout during the match.

#5638 3 years ago
    Quoted from robbo105:

How is the glare with them?

I experimented with their placement to find a way to not create glare on the glass. I'm finishing the installation now and will post photos when I'm done.

#5639 3 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

I've been thinking about starting a new thread on game room lightning, specifically RGB LED strips that come on a roll and has a controller. Prices, and quality seem to range a lot. With this thread having so many posts I figured id give this thread a shot before I went ahead and made its own thread.
    I am in the market for two 20 foot long strips of RGB LED's with a controller to light my game room. All in one kits appeal to me more then the hardcore DIY'ers shopping list but also want to avoid the places selling them to high end customers to light up their yacht's at a 10x increase in price. I just want a good well thought out system/kit because they are all most likely coming over from China and it would be nice to know which ones are studs and which ones are duds, and which ones to avoid. Christmas is coming up and I'd like to wow my family coming over.

The strips you have in the picture are not the same as in the video!

If you use the strips in the picture you can pick any color....but for the whole string.

If you want those effects like on the video you need Dream Color 6803 IC LED Strip Light with a 133 Change RF Remote.
    Those are programmable LED's, with the 133 controller and remote you can choose from 133 patterns (or program an arduino, and go nuts )

#5640 3 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

rgb1.jpg
    » YouTube video

Those addressable strips are over the top but are they expensive?

#5641 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

The strips you have in the picture are not the same as in the video!
    If you use the strips in the picture you can pick any color....but for the whole string.
    If you want those effects like on the video you need Dream Color 6803 IC LED Strip Light with a 133 Change RF Remote.
    Those are programmable LED's, with the 133 controller and remote you can choose from 133 patterns (or program an arduino, and go nuts )

How are these wired up? Just a normal plug outlet?

How many can be safely strung together?

Are they just cut at the end to custom size them?

#5642 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

eBay shows them at $35 for 5 meters (16.4 feet)

#5643 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

eBay shows them at $35 for 5 meters (16.4 feet)

Does that seem like the same ones as these for $25 at PE?

http://www.parts-express.com/lavolta-kit-1-rgb-300-led-16-ft-tape-lighting-strip-12-vdc-waterproof-ip65-44-key-remote-6a--073-086

#5644 3 years ago

Aliexpress. Search rgb led.
    Tons to pick from. Different lengths etc. $23.00 for 10m, around 30ft.

LED-Strip-5050-10m-RGB-rope-light-12v-waterproof-tape-amber-fita-ruban-44-key-controller.jpg_640x640.jpg

#5645 3 years ago

That set isn't individually addressable, which is what he's asking about. Not too expensive at Amazon....$43.

amazon.com link »

#5646 3 years ago
    Quoted from BigDan:

Christmas is coming up and I'd like to wow my family coming over.

"Ryan stop jumping please."

#5647 3 years ago

I used weather proof 24v LED strips in my shadow line and use repeaters with a wall mounted controller to sync the whole lot - it wasn't cheap but the effect is cool. The only issue is where the shadow line is directly over 4 pins, these machines are unplayable with the LEDs on.

I'll put up a photo when it gets dark.

#5648 3 years ago

Hmmmmm. I'd need 96 ft to do the inside of the garage, I wonder how I could do that.

#5649 3 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

I used weather proof 24v LED strips in my Shadow line and use repeaters with a wall mounted controller to sync the whole lot - it wasn't cheap but the effect is cool. The only issue is where The Shadow line is directly over 4 pins, these machines are unplayable with the LEDs on.
    I'll put up a photo when it gets dark.

Turn off the lights!

#5650 3 years ago

I'd love to throw some of these strips up inside of some crown molding in my game room, but there are 3 windows that would interfere with the crown so I wouldn't be able to wrap the entire room.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 7.95
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 92.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 199.99
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    There are 13746 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 275.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside