Topic Stats

• 23,818 posts
  • 2,344 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by YippieKiYay
  • Topic is favorited by 1,120 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_232536 (resized).jpg
    20240423_230401 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0382 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
    F6EBFC34-48FD-435B-AB3B-4A5273C6510A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240407_103947 (resized).jpg
    B9FFAD34-18DF-4AB2-888B-E1CD25FD4525 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    20240406_184918 (resized).jpg
    There are 23,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 477.
    #5501 8 years ago

Whoever wet themselves after watching the vid on RotoDave's post, please raise your hands and upvote this post. #holding hands with NPO as we jump off the bridge while munching on cyanide tablets#

#5502 8 years ago
    Quoted from T2play:

How many pins can you fit in a 23' x 35' room with a standard door

The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind

#5503 8 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Whoever wet themselves after watching the vid on RotoDave's post, please raise your hands and upvote this post. #holding hands with NPO as we jump off the bridge while munching on cyanide tablets#

I have never seen anything like that before - Expos sure, but house! For the first few seconds after he opened the door I was in complete 'holy shit' mode.

#5504 8 years ago
    Quoted from T2play:

How many pins can you fit in a 23' x 35' room with a standard door? I came up with 33 with a 3.5' walk way, the door is 6" from the wall standard 32" door, Pins 30" W x 66"D Can I fit more? Or should I move the wall to make the 23' wider, should of thought of this before I put the wall up.

Well, I don't have the answer to your question, but I do know that, if for whatever reason you'd like to fit pins in a volkswagen bug, the answer is 5 (2 in the front and 3 behind).

#5505 8 years ago
    Quoted from T2play:

How many pins can you fit in a 23' x 35' room with a standard door? I came up with 33 with a 3.5' walk way, the door is 6" from the wall standard 32" door, Pins 30" W x 66"D Can I fit more? Or should I move the wall to make the 23' wider, should of thought of this before I put the wall up.

3.5' is not enough unless you want to rub butts with the guy behind you and it makes taking the glass off more difficult. Twice that would be a lot better cuz then when those 2 people are playing someone could walk behind them to get to other games down the row. You have to think about people room also.

#5506 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I have 6 pins on one 20A circuit and have no issues. They are all LEDd though. I have actually ran more than that all at once with no issues. There is a separate thread, or three, on this topic.

Yeah likewise I have 5 right now all on the same circuit, all with full led conversions. I used the kill-a-watt meter on them and in attract mode all together they were pulling just 540 watts.

#5507 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

3.5' is not enough unless you want to rub butts with the guy behind you and it makes taking the glass off more difficult. Twice that would be a lot better cuz then when those 2 people are playing someone could walk behind them to get to other games down the row. You have to think about people room also.

All this is correct. I am down to 4' between the smaller rows and it is *just* enough. Ideally more is better ... But then you can't fit as many machines in.

Also comes down to how many people you have around. 4' is plenty if you only have a few buds around. However, get 100+ around and you see the deficiencies. I used to have all my machines in long rows, but after having 100+ here in March, grabbed a piece of paper and a ruler and drew up the new layout, which works much better, and fits more games.

rd

#5508 8 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yeah likewise I have 5 right now all on the same circuit, all with full led conversions. I used the kill-a-watt meter on them and in attract mode all together they were pulling just 540 watts.

EVERY pinballer should have one of these.

#5509 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

All this is correct. I am down to 4' between the smaller rows and it is *just* enough. Ideally more is better ... But then you can't fit as many machines in.
    Also comes down to how many people you have around. 4' is plenty if you only have a few buds around. However, get 100+ around and you see the deficiencies. I used to have all my machines in long rows, but after having 100+ here in March, grabbed a piece of paper and a ruler and drew up the new layout, which works much better, and fits more games.
    rd

and another thing RD, the BIGGER the friends the more room between rows you'll need.

#5510 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

It all depends if he wants to make Bob's Warehouse of Games or Bob's Well Designed and Decorated Game Room. I like having a few inches between machines to comfortably nudge. Some people really cram them together. I don't have "livable space" in my game rooms, so long as one person can play the game comfortably standing up I'm happy. Do you need to be able to take off the glass without pulling the game out of the row? Do aesthetics matter?

All I personally care about is volume. Having the space to entertain is great, but 99.9% of the time I'm playing games alone or with 1-2 people that don't mind that claustrophobia. If I had 900sqft of space to dedicate to games maybe I'd be less concerned about cramming every last one into my garage...

Back when I lived in a 600sqft apartment, I crammed SO much BS in. No need for couches and bars

whydidIdothis.pngwhydidIdothis.png

#5511 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

It all depends if he wants to make Bob's Warehouse of Games or Bob's Well Designed and Decorated Game Room. I like having a few inches between machines to comfortably nudge. Some people really cram them together. I don't have "livable space" in my game rooms, so long as one person can play the game comfortably standing up I'm happy. Do you need to be able to take off the glass without pulling the game out of the row? Do aesthetics matter?
    All I personally care about is volume. Having the space to entertain is great, but 99.9% of the time I'm playing games alone or with 1-2 people that don't mind that claustrophobia. If I had 900sqft of space to dedicate to games maybe I'd be less concerned about cramming every last one into my garage...
    Back when I lived in a 600sqft apartment, I crammed SO much BS in. No need for couches and bars
    whydidIdothis.png

#5512 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg a few pics I took of the game room tonight. Still have a good bit of stuff left to do but it's coming along. Finally got a updated pic of how the pins are set up.

#5513 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg a few pics I took of the game room tonight. Still have a good bit of stuff left to do but it's coming along. Finally got a updated pic of how the pins are set up.

Dang that's comin along real nice. How many sq ft is it again?

#5514 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang that's comin along real nice. How many sq ft is it again?

A little over 1100sf fills up fast though

#5515 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

A little over 1100sf fills up fast though

That's almost 3X my space and the height of your place.....don't even get me started on that. But being in MN I'd hate to have to heat a space like that. LOL Love your space.

#5516 8 years ago

This thread inspired me to build a game room of my own. Mine is no where near as nice as the ones I see here but I am really proud of it. It's about 90 percent complete but still have work to do. It's. Only 256 sqft but I should be able to fit 6 games plus my pool table. Any suggestions on wall art would help. Figue I would show a couple of picks for input. Lot of impressive rooms in this thread, enjoy.1129151735a.jpg1129151735a.jpg1129151735.jpg1129151735.jpg

#5517 8 years ago

I give that pool table two months. Lol

#5518 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I give that pool table two months. Lol

I had to build a game room because I could only fit three machines in the house. I hope the pool table can stay, time will tell.

#5519 8 years ago

My remaining Bally/Williams/Stern games!

IMG_0433.JPGIMG_0433.JPG

#5520 8 years ago

Mr. Bellman... don't you still have your Funhouse?

#5521 8 years ago

Yes. It's at my brother's place for now.

#5522 8 years ago

This is where I'm at right now. Still very much a work in progress (mainly my bar area at this point), but I imagine it'll be ongoing for years slowly adding new things. I have 3 other games in my garage but they are WIP. Have RGB LED lights that I can control to various patterns and colours.

6 pins - Tales From The Crypt, Lord Of The Rings, The Simpsons Pinball Party, World Poker Tour, Hollywood Heat, Big Deal
    IMG_20151205_184025.jpgIMG_20151205_184025.jpg

Versus city 2 player horizontal mame cabinet and Driving cabinet which also runs various emulators
    IMG_20151205_183823.jpgIMG_20151205_183823.jpg

Extreme hunting, Golden Tee Complete, New Astro City one player vertical mame cabinet, can also see touch screen jukebox on wall
    IMG_20151205_183830.jpgIMG_20151205_183830.jpg

Closeup of Jukebox, running album player with a custom version of a skin to remove a bunch of things and simplify the experience for my guests. This thing gets way more action then I could have imagined from guests.
    IMG_20151205_183856.jpgIMG_20151205_183856.jpg

Bar area which is currently under construction.
    IMG_20151205_183928.jpgIMG_20151205_183928.jpg

#5523 8 years ago

Here's a video of my latest gameroom set up...my annual Brewer's Arcade "State of the Arcade"

#5524 8 years ago

That's an awesome collection .

#5525 8 years ago
    Quoted from brad808:

Closeup of Jukebox, running album player with a custom version of a skin to remove a bunch of things and simplify the experience for my guests. This thing gets way more action then I could have imagined from guests.

Nice gameroom! What is that jukebox on the wall?

#5526 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Nice gameroom! What is that jukebox on the wall?

Thanks man! The jukebox I have up on the wall isn't actually a commercial jukebox but something I put together.

It is essentially a 23" touch screen monitor that connects to a computer in another room. That computer runs a program called albumplayer with a skin which I've modified to exclude a lot of unnecessary junk. The computer then outputs the audio to an amplifier which feeds two in wall speakers above my pinball lineup and a subwoofer underneath my pins.

The reason I decided against going with a commercial jukebox system you can buy is that they are extremely expensive, take up way more space, and most importantly I couldn't find any that were running software that didn't look incredibly dated and clunky. Any time I go to a bar now and see the touch tunes mounted on the wall the software just looks so terrible in comparison to what I'm running.

When I was first making the system I thought it would mainly be for myself and a good way to not have my phone plugged in playing music all night kind of thing. I was definitely wrong about that though and guests love it. Anytime we have people over there is at least two or three people on it at all times picking music. This of course led to a lot of "do you have this song or that song?" What I ended up doing to remedy that was find collections of songs online and added them to the jukebox. Things like 1000 greatest hits from the 90s, top 500 rock songs, top 1000 hip hop songs, etc. I ended up adding another probably 30000 songs onto it (which took a lot of time to sort, tag, and add) and now using the search feature in it there isn't a whole lot people can't find (unless it's done really obscure artist nobody has ever heard of). I also keep it updated every week or two with the billboard top 100 of the week so it has all the newest songs for the girls to dance to. The software also features some really amazing auto DJ functions with a ton of options to keep the music going if nobody has selected anything to play.

Overall a highly recommended addition to the game room.

#5527 8 years ago

doing an expansion of my gameroom and really want to do the '80's stripe' 3/4 of the way up the new wall...Anyone here done that look? Something like this...Looking for examples! Thanks

http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2011/06/02/gameroom-showcase-golden-age-arcade/#jp-carousel-540

#5528 8 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

That floor is slick! I looked at different colors for my room, decided on silver metallic polyaspartic. Black walls and ceilings will make it very cool, although every speck of dust will glow on the walls. Consider a satin finish instead of flat black.
    As for the LED lighting, those rope lights from Ebay have controllers which change colors and can be dimmed. I plan on using them on my room, but haven't decided whether to affix them to the top edge of the baseboard, or top edge of the upper trim board. And, I have a short strip going under the bar, which will light the corrugated metal fascia below. Check out those RGB LED Chinese made parts...they're pretty common and at least 16 different colors are available with the controller. They all use a laptop style charger for the 12 volt source for the RGB style LEDs.

Sorry, just saw this. Thanks for the painting tip! I did get the floor inspiration from your post, so thanks again. My floor was just done over the weekend, so should have some pics up soon. It really looks like a Caribbean beach! (different than my stock photo) Incredible stuff. Can't wait to get the electrician in and start experimenting with lighting. Thinking the metallic will make it even more interesting.

#5529 8 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Here's a video of my latest gameroom set up...my annual Brewer's Arcade "State of the Arcade"
    » YouTube video

I know have goals, my friend. Great collection. I'm moving a week from today to a house with a larger room (with a built in recording studio too). I'm going to need to chat.

#5530 8 years ago
    Quoted from brad808:

This is where I'm at right now. Still very much a work in progress (mainly my bar area at this point), but I imagine it'll be ongoing for years slowly adding new things. I have 3 other games in my garage but they are WIP. Have RGB LED lights that I can control to various patterns and colours.

Great pin line up and love the VS candy cabs too. The RGB lighting creates a great ambiance too!

#5531 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

doing an expansion of my gameroom and really want to do the '80's stripe' 3/4 of the way up the new wall...Anyone here done that look? Something like this...Looking for examples! Thanks
    http://gameroomjunkies.com/index.php/2011/06/02/gameroom-showcase-golden-age-arcade/#jp-carousel-540

That's definitely a 70's design. Brown, yellow and orange were late 70's colors, classic vintage Atari. Not criticizing, because I like it, but if you're going for a theme, just know it's more 70's than 80's.

Atari fb.jpgAtari fb.jpg

#5532 8 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

That's definitely a 70's design. Brown, yellow and orange were late 70's colors, classic vintage Atari. I like it, but if you're going with a theme, just know it's more 70's than 80's.
    Atari fb.jpg

Yeah, those are effectively the omega race colors too which came out in the early 80's...But I hear you. The browns/yellow/orange is certainly more late 70's early 80's than late 80's neon colors. fair point.

#5533 8 years ago

Not mine, but I was at a party in an amazing home arcade last night in Minnesota, with none other than Jersey Jack himself. The new Hobbit game is sweet!

V__FE8B1.jpgV__FE8B1.jpg

#5534 8 years ago

gettin there, couple more to goDSCF1907.JPGDSCF1907.JPGDSCF1904.JPGDSCF1904.JPG

#5535 8 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

gettin there, couple more to goDSCF1907.JPG DSCF1904.JPG

Nice...always love the wood look.

#5536 8 years ago
    Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Not mine, but I was at a party in an amazing home arcade last night in Minnesota, with none other than Jersey Jack himself. The new Hobbit game is sweet!

V__FE8B1.jpg

Holy crap!

#5537 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg a few pics I took of the game room tonight. Still have a good bit of stuff left to do but it's coming along. Finally got a updated pic of how the pins are set up.

thats f-ing cool...

#5538 8 years ago

This space sure fills up fast! Good thing I have another 250-300 square feet not seen in this picture. Now where the hell did I pack the rest of the leg bolts!?
    DSCF1859.JPG

cool looking place Herb! how far did you have to move?

#5539 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBellMan:

My remaining Bally/Williams/Stern games!
    IMG_0433.JPG

love how you made it look just like there's a real overhead door behind those

#5540 8 years ago

gettin there, couple more to goDSCF1907.JPG DSCF1904.JPG

looks like a real bar man. so much so that I can almost visualize myself rolling around in my own vomit on that floor.

#5541 8 years ago

20151122_231855_resized.jpg20151122_231855_resized.jpg

20151122_231924_resized.jpg20151122_231924_resized.jpg

20151122_233004_resized.jpg20151122_233004_resized.jpg

20151122_232024_resized.jpg20151122_232024_resized.jpg

20151122_232934_resized.jpg20151122_232934_resized.jpg

20151122_231811_resized.jpg20151122_231811_resized.jpg

20151203_003435_zps8cwdpe7a.jpg20151203_003435_zps8cwdpe7a.jpg

#5542 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

looks like a real bar man. so much so that I can almost visualize myself rolling around in my own vomit on that floor.

or vomiting next to a cowboy boot...or horse hoof.

#5543 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

or vomiting next to a cowboy boot...or horse hoof.

I kept it relatively generic with the applicable content intact in order to provide a visual canvas for you to start from. kinda like ordering a cheese pizza then then selecting the toppings of your choice. the possibilities of what I could be regurgitating next to are virtually limitless. go nuts man

#5544 8 years ago

rcbrown I can't see any of your pics because of the glare coming off that Galaxy cabinet.

#5545 8 years ago

Don't mind if I do....

#5546 8 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

rcbrown I can't see any of your pics because of the glare coming off that Galaxy cabinet.

haha awesome. every time I go down there I have a hard time deciding whether I want to play it or lick it

#5547 8 years ago

Relevant to this thread .... I had all 100 machines turned on for the contest I held on November 29th ... check out the spike in the power usage on that day. LOL!!

rd

Power Bill.jpgPower Bill.jpg

#5548 8 years ago

Lmao!

#5549 8 years ago

Here's my humble little corner, i can only fit 2 games at a time

IMG_1889.jpgIMG_1889.jpg

#5550 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

Here's my humble little corner, i can only fit 2 games at a time

IMG_1889.jpg

Sell Volcano (wide body), get rid of the shelving unit on the right and then buy two standard size machines and you now have three machines in that space!

Just an idea!!!

There are 23,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 477.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.