Topic Stats

• 13,879 posts
  • 1,708 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 708 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9,367 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

received_512930622841088 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190913_104804775 (resized).jpg
    0589A254-C51A-4AE6-AD4B-E4264AF4F2DC (resized).jpeg
    5B54F353-17B7-4E88-9D89-2EC39501167A (resized).jpeg
    20190915_165520 (resized).jpg
    20190915_165527 (resized).jpg
    20190915_165551 (resized).jpg
    20190915_165538 (resized).jpg
    20190915_165740 (resized).jpg
    53EACBA2-99E2-46DA-8F9A-96B31277B1BB (resized).jpeg
    91C45603-D43C-493E-A6E2-E1D38659018D (resized).jpeg
    26D570F1-3322-4048-8D54-A79E18A8BF8B (resized).jpeg
    04CAD1CA-3FD0-4B8F-BD0C-ABB484BEA2D7 (resized).jpeg
    B9B4EA38-FE9B-4771-AD91-D8CF6A3C71A9 (resized).jpeg
    BA0FB2BD-26A4-4788-8D0A-E00B26DB30BC (resized).jpeg
    7C0716EF-DF23-4FD7-A32A-A1AA422DA632 (resized).jpeg

There are 13879 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 278.
    #5451 3 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Awesome rooms here everyone (and very inspirational since I'm about to start a 13' x 22' basement pin room). Been getting ideas here so I'm dangerous. Right now I'm just working off a vision in my head, but hope to have a cool little spot to share some pictures of soon.
    I have a question about led/rope lighting. What type should I use? It would run along the baseboards, and also underneath a round glass table. I will have an outlet in one corner of the basement for the baseboard lighting, that's dedicated to a dimmer switch at the entrance. The glass table will also have an outlet underneath for LEDs, and will be operated by the same switch as the baseboard lights. Basic rope lighting would be sufficient along the baseboards possibly, but for the table I'll need something I can trim/mold...(it will be a craft project for me). Ideally I'll be able to dim the LEDs and have a color choice.
    Room will have jet black walls and ceiling, with a glossy Caribbean blue poly finish over concrete floor. I'm hoping the end result makes it seem like a flooded basement, in the Caribbean
    image.jpeg
    image.png

That sounds like some good ideas, especially the floor. Will the walls and ceiling be flat black? How about black light too.

#5452 3 years ago

20151122_143243.jpg

#5453 3 years ago
    Quoted from blastbeat:

20151122_143243.jpg

Awesome to see people playing and enjoying the games. How do you like Waterworld? I have a soft spot for System 3's.

#5454 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mikala:

Thanks Clubber, now I understand. So your saying the lights in the soffit channel are reflecting off the ceiling onto the playfield.

Yes. But only because the light strip is directly over the playfield. If it were behind the game like most walls are, it wouldn't be an issue.

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Are you saying, the lighted toppers are reflecting their lights from soffet, down on to playfields?

No, the LED strip light behind the crown moulding attached to the soffit is reflecting onto the playfield because it is now directly above the playfield because of the stupid soffit. Who needs ventilation anyway?

#5455 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Isn't EL-wire (at least the thicker stuff) on par with fiber optic cable? Plus with EL-wire is you can technically cut it to any length you want very easily with wire cutters, fiber optic (even plastic) needs to be cut with a special cutter if you loop it back around.

EL wire is usually pretty thin. Fiber optic can go 1/2" and look similar to neon lighting.

EL is extremely cool in the right application. You just have to be careful, electroluminescent lighting runs on extremely high voltage.

#5456 3 years ago
    Quoted from presqueisle:

Awesome rooms here everyone (and very inspirational since I'm about to start a 13' x 22' basement pin room). Been getting ideas here so I'm dangerous. Right now I'm just working off a vision in my head, but hope to have a cool little spot to share some pictures of soon.
    I have a question about led/rope lighting. What type should I use? It would run along the baseboards, and also underneath a round glass table. I will have an outlet in one corner of the basement for the baseboard lighting, that's dedicated to a dimmer switch at the entrance. The glass table will also have an outlet underneath for LEDs, and will be operated by the same switch as the baseboard lights. Basic rope lighting would be sufficient along the baseboards possibly, but for the table I'll need something I can trim/mold...(it will be a craft project for me). Ideally I'll be able to dim the LEDs and have a color choice.
    Room will have jet black walls and ceiling, with a glossy Caribbean blue poly finish over concrete floor. I'm hoping the end result makes it seem like a flooded basement, in the Caribbean
    image.jpeg
    image.png

That floor is slick! I looked at different colors for my room, decided on silver metallic polyaspartic. Black walls and ceilings will make it very cool, although every speck of dust will glow on the walls. Consider a satin finish instead of flat black.

As for the LED lighting, those rope lights from Ebay have controllers which change colors and can be dimmed. I plan on using them on my room, but haven't decided whether to affix them to the top edge of the baseboard, or top edge of the upper trim board. And, I have a short strip going under the bar, which will light the corrugated metal fascia below. Check out those RGB LED Chinese made parts...they're pretty common and at least 16 different colors are available with the controller. They all use a laptop style charger for the 12 volt source for the RGB style LEDs.

#5457 3 years ago

Updated game room pics now that it's cleaned up a little. The desk area will eventually house two more pins and the TV will get mounted on the wall above the Super Chexx.

Room is above a three car garage and size is 20x11.

image.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image_2.jpg

#5458 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Updated game room pics now that it's cleaned up a little. The desk area will eventually house two more pins and the TV will get mounted on the wall above the Super Chexx.
    Room is above a three car garage and size is 20x11.
    image.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image_2.jpg

Those three custom cabaret's look cool, any more details on those?

#5459 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Those three custom cabaret's look cool, any more details on those?

Namco ran a series of re-releases in the early 2000's. Started with the Ms Pac Man/Galaga 20th Anniversary Reunion in 2001.

From Left to Right in the photo:
    * Pac Man 25th Anniversary Edition w/Ms Pac Man and Galaga
    * Space Invaders Silver Anniversary Edition w/Qix (I put in a 60-1 multicade hoard in it)
    * Nintendo Tribute w/ Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and Mario Bros.

The thing I like best about them is that they have the original code and sound and video are identical to originals. The multicade boards are re-written code from China and some subtle differences can be picked up on by the keen arcade collector eye. These also have CRT monitors which reproduce the graphics as originally intended.

The last of the series is the current Pac Man's Party with 13 games. Not sure what games they are. And they have LED screens in them. The video is a little different when compared to an older CRT monitor.

The cabaret (or mini) cabinets are perfect because they can be moved easily by one person and take up less space. Still have 19 inch monitors. The artwork is great, too, because it's a montage of the games included. The set of three covers the golden age of the arcade era from space invaders to Pac Man to Donkey Kong.

Here is a link that shows one of them at Namco:
    http://www.namcoparts.com/ecommerce/CatalogSubCategoryDisplay.aspx?CID=55

#5460 3 years ago

I love my DK/DKjr/MB cabaret. It gets played a lot.

#5461 3 years ago

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

#5462 3 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg

Hey, let me take a better look at your ID4.... Is it chrome all over?

#5463 3 years ago

Finally moving in! 4 down, 9 more to go... steep & narrow old stairs are a beeeeitch

DSCF1720.JPGDSCF1799.JPG

#5464 3 years ago

Is tht a doctor dude prototype how sweet lol good lookin room

#5465 3 years ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey, let me take a better look at your ID4.... Is it chrome all over?

Thats my old ID4. I added chrome trim on top of the side rails and around the backbox. There is also a custom brushed aluminum speaker panel with alien speaker inserts. Alternate translite also gives it a different look, ModFather style.

#5466 3 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

Thats my old ID4. I added chrome trim on top of the side rails and around the backbox. There is also a custom brushed aluminum speaker panel with alien speaker inserts. Alternate translite also gives it a different look, ModFather style.

Yeah, I also got the alternate translite.... Anyway, this machine looks gorgeous! How can I get those alien speaker inserts?

#5467 3 years ago
    Quoted from modfather:

The custom topper that im tying into the flasher cuircut is gonna bring it over the top!!

#5468 3 years ago

Looks like I have some pinball buyin' to do!!!

#5469 3 years ago
    Quoted from Snowyetti:

Is tht a doctor dude prototype how sweet lol good lookin room

LOL, hell yeah, you know it is! 2 years later and still one of my favorites. Thanks!

#5470 3 years ago

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

#5471 3 years ago

Nice Kiss collection

#5472 3 years ago

Love that carpet and pool table

#5473 3 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Nice Kiss collection

Side 4 of KISS Alive II is awesome!

#5474 3 years ago

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

#5475 3 years ago

This space sure fills up fast! Good thing I have another 250-300 square feet not seen in this picture. Now where the hell did I pack the rest of the leg bolts!?

DSCF1859.JPG

#5476 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

This space sure fills up fast! Good thing I have another 250-300 square feet not seen in this picture. Now where the hell did I pack the rest of the leg bolts!?
    DSCF1859.JPG

Bargirls!!!
    I will own one some day.

#5477 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bbismuth:

Awesome to see people playing and enjoying the games. How do you like Waterworld? I have a soft spot for System 3's.

Waterworld feels bullet proof to me. It's a fun pin. I love the sounds and music, which most do not. I may let it go at some point, but then again, maybe not! Would be happy with another system 3 (Gladiators maybe).

#5478 3 years ago

I had my Arcade room looking all nice and tidy for a big pinball meet yesterday (The Pukekohe IFPA Classic which I run every year) so I took the chance to make a video.

The new layout allows for more machines. There are 100 in there now with a couple of spaces for machines that will be in there soon.

(for those that didn't see the build progress earlier in the thread, the room is about 2000sqft with its own bathroom etc)

sweet!

rd

#5479 3 years ago

Thanx for posting rd , words can't explain how awsome your arcade is!!!

#5480 3 years ago

WOW!!! That's very awesome. Did you have to get your own transformer just to power that room?

#5481 3 years ago

That's some serious sheet there RD. Lookin goooood.

#5482 3 years ago

Holy hell, RD....can you move that chair away from MB before someone scuffs the cab!!!

#5483 3 years ago

HOLY S***!

#5484 3 years ago

o_o ....

Dang RD.

*jumps off bridge*

#5486 3 years ago

The beginning! Question, I see each machine is 8amps, does that include start up? How meant machines can I run on a 20amp circuit? I am thinking two? I have a lot of wiring to do!

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

#5487 3 years ago

There's no downside to putting extra circuits in, except for maybe the initial cost. But if you don't have enough, you'll be kicking yourself once the walls are finished.

You can generally run 3-4 machines per 20 amp circuit, and if you convert your machines to LEDs, you might be able to squeeze one more in. The lighting sucks up a considerable amount of power, and LEDs reduce it by a big factor.

#5488 3 years ago

I have 21 pins in my game room. I had my electrician wire up 3 games per switch on the wall (7 light switches). I've never had an issues. I've had all 21 games on playing at the same time, again, no issues.

Plus (I coil the extra power cord). It's a real clean look. Here's a couple picts.

DSCN1836.jpg

DSCN1845.jpg

#5489 3 years ago
    Quoted from T2play:

The beginning! Question, I see each machine is 8amps, does that include start up? How meant machines can I run on a 20amp circuit? I am thinking two? I have a lot of wiring to do!

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg

That's in your basement. How high is that ceiling? Your not gonna drop it are you? What amp service are you going to have for the gr? If you plan on more games, big screen tv, surround sound system etc your going to need a separate 100 amp service. You'll be covered for future electronics then. I have 6 led'd pins, some wall light ups and sub's on a 20 amp and it's fine.

#5490 3 years ago

I have 6 pins on one 20A circuit and have no issues. They are all LEDd though. I have actually ran more than that all at once with no issues. There is a separate thread, or three, on this topic.

#5491 3 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I have 6 pins on one 20A circuit and have no issues. They are all LEDd though. I have actually ran more than that all at once with no issues.

How many subs you got on your games? Those things can kill ya power wise.

#5492 3 years ago
    Quoted from T2play:

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg

They run about 2 amps in attract mode on average with led's, the 8 amps is refering to max draw(primary side of TF) and thats what the plug is rated for, 18 guage cord i think. 20A you can run 6 incandecent games safly without popping a breaker.

#5493 3 years ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

There's no downside to putting extra circuits in, except for maybe the initial cost. But if you don't have enough, you'll be kicking yourself once the walls are finished.
    You can generally run 3-4 machines per 20 amp circuit, and if you convert your machines to LEDs, you might be able to squeeze one more in. The lighting sucks up a considerable amount of power, and LEDs reduce it by a big factor.

Ive got 4 led games on a 15 amp curcuit the total amp draw in attract is 9-10 amps when they are all being played its about 12-13peak amps. 20a curcuit maybe another 2 definatley 1, im kicking myself for not doing 20a curcuits from my sub panel as ive tapped off other cuircuts in the house for my other 8 games when i did my room.

#5494 3 years ago

Here's my pin row. I also have about 15 arcade machines. My pin collection is pretty much finalized. I finally picked up a Ripleys!

IMG_9074.jpg

IMG_9080.jpg

#5495 3 years ago
    Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Here's my pin row. I also have about 15 arcade machines. My pin collection is pretty much finalized. I finally picked up a Ripleys!

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg

Interesting. That's a new one all machines on the ceiling.

#5496 3 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How many subs you got on your games? Those things can kill ya power wise.

Just one under the ACDC. But it is on a different bank of circuits with my LOTR and SM. It used to be on a 5 machine circuit in my old house.

#5497 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I had my Arcade room looking all nice and tidy for a big pinball meet yesterday (The Pukekohe IFPA Classic which I run every year) so I took the chance to make a video.

"DING DING DING" we have a winner! HOLY COW! This is the best arcade/game room ever! Nice job and congrats.

#5498 3 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

Interesting. That's a new one all machines on the ceiling.

Thats what I get for uploading on my iPhone. Lemme get that fixed...

#5499 3 years ago
    Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Thats what I get for uploading on my iPhone. Lemme get that fixed...

Even if they aren't on the ceiling it's still a great line up

#5500 3 years ago

How many pins can you fit in a 23' x 35' room with a standard door? I came up with 33 with a 3.5' walk way, the door is 6" from the wall standard 32" door, Pins 30" W x 66"D Can I fit more? Or should I move the wall to make the 23' wider, should of thought of this before I put the wall up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.99
    There are 13879 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 278.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside