(Topic ID: 288930)

Lets say you only have physical room for 2 pinballs in your home

By JohnTTwo

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210222_085149 (resized).jpg
    TOM (resized).jpg
    146ABA3C-4A8C-467B-8339-258DAB1994C2 (resized).jpeg
    5994B65A-49E2-4F2B-ADC7-FD84B2355A8F (resized).jpeg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

What 2 games would you get and why???

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Two King Kongs.

#3 3 years ago

Iron Maiden pro
    Dracula

#4 3 years ago

STTNG and EBD

#5 3 years ago

Doesn’t matter buy games knowing you are going to switch them out in 6 months

#6 3 years ago

Easy...Multimorphic P3

#7 3 years ago

GNR & Deadpool

#8 3 years ago

Hercules and Big Foot

#9 3 years ago

Buy a new home with more room for pinball!

#11 3 years ago

AFM
    Tron

#12 3 years ago

Get creative.
    Dining room table? You dont really need that.

Couch? You could technically sleep on the floor.

If all else fails, make friends with a realtor so you can find a bigger place.

Problem solved.

#13 3 years ago

Attack from Mars
    Whirlwind
    Two classic machines by the two of the best designers in pinball!Oh and they never get old and both have that one more game feeling to them!

#14 3 years ago

pends if you like rock music, etc
    if yes:
    JJp GNR (best sound, music "realness", light package i have seen on a machine to date).
    LOTR (best stern ever made)

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Easy...Multimorphic P3

you dont count

#16 3 years ago

Total Nuclear Annihilation
    Joker Poker

#17 3 years ago

What I have now. Met pro and Paragon

#18 3 years ago

Godzilla (coming soon) or TMNT & AIQ

#20 3 years ago

Ghostbuster Premium
    Medieval Madness ‘Royal’

With Mortal Kombat 2 and Defender on the side

#21 3 years ago

Big Game
    Game of Thrones Premium

#22 3 years ago

JP LE best modern game
    TAF best game from the past

#23 3 years ago

Whirlwind and ST Pro.

#24 3 years ago

I would buy one. Play it. Then decide on the second one.

#25 3 years ago

Star Trek, The Next Generation,

Stern Star Trek, Limited Edition

Perfect theme for my family. ST:TNG is challenging enough that I make it to the wizard mode every 50 games or so. STLE is beautiful and challenging enough I will never complete 7 year voyage. I love the sound, the ambiance, the dots, and these are in my opinion the best pins from the best designer (Steve Ritchie).

#27 3 years ago

Current home situation limit is two, have AFM and JJP GNR.

#28 3 years ago

White Water and Stranger Things

#29 3 years ago

only room for 2 pinballs?? Get a bigger house

5994B65A-49E2-4F2B-ADC7-FD84B2355A8F (resized).jpeg5994B65A-49E2-4F2B-ADC7-FD84B2355A8F (resized).jpeg
    #30 3 years ago

White Water
    Iron Maiden

#31 3 years ago

Well there's so many

But , for a family , I'd say Sttng and Whirlwind

#32 3 years ago

Depends on you....what do you want? Family oriented? You like monsters and demons? Shoot 'em up themes? Crazy sounds? Wild art? Deep rules? Water themes? TV show themes? Movie themes? Etc., etc., etc......

Check out the TOP 100 here and ratings on IPDB.

Oh yeah, whatever you get you'll likely rotate them out for something new after a few months anyway.

#33 3 years ago

I would move. Big house with small warehouse in back yard .

Shane

#34 3 years ago

Once upon a time I had room for two pins in my house. I'm now up to nine.

Consider a DMD game with some depth (mid-90's to present) and a ground-level 70's EM, for variety.

#35 3 years ago

SW premium
    R&M

#36 3 years ago

Perhaps choose a newer game, with latest tech, fast shots and deep rules like AIQ, Wonka or JP (premiums), plus an old school B/W style machine, visually stunning like TOTAN or Funhouse, (but anything from Lawler/Youssi would likely make you smile). Probably a $15k "buy-in" investment to sit at this table!

#37 3 years ago

I assume you still have these 2 games. Are you looking to sell/trade for something new?

146ABA3C-4A8C-467B-8339-258DAB1994C2 (resized).jpeg146ABA3C-4A8C-467B-8339-258DAB1994C2 (resized).jpeg
    #38 3 years ago

My two and my bias response. The whole family loves them. ToM rules are deep enough for the kids, but still accessible. Pinbot provides the variety of a previous generation.

TOM (resized).jpgTOM (resized).jpg
    #39 3 years ago

1979 KISS
    2015 KISS

#40 3 years ago

One JJP and one Stern. I have Wonka and Stranger Things in my two pins collection and love them both for different reasons. Could easily have been JP and Dialed In and I would still be happy. Or Black Knight SOR and WOZ. Stern gives me speedy challenging games and JJP games give me l longer ball times, cool innovation, beautiful lighting and they are fun for my whole family.

#41 3 years ago

Hobbit and MM.

#42 3 years ago

An EM and a new game. Push the dresser out of the way and add a solid state, push a little harder and get a DMD game
    Suggestions for particular games are gonna be super varied from person to person, but if I had to pick just two for now...ugh...
    Surf Champ and Iron Maiden Premium
    ...get a third, I'll take a clean working Meteor
    ...get a forth I'll take Tron

#44 3 years ago
    20210222_085149 (resized).jpg20210222_085149 (resized).jpg
    #45 3 years ago

ToM and MM

#46 3 years ago

I've up voted everybody's, because everyone's different!

#47 3 years ago

DI & AFMr.

#48 3 years ago

NGG
    R&M

#49 3 years ago

If you can only have two. Buy 2 of whatever you can find in nice shape and you enjoy. Then plan to sell and buy again in a year or so. If you are absolutely limited to 2, you will tire of the two games. Buying nice examples ensures you can sell them for close to what you paid when you are ready to sell and buy the next game(s).

#50 3 years ago

When I designed my basement I only had two pins, but drew up plans with space for 4. My wife said why four if you only have two? Fast forward 7 years later and I have had as many as 28 in the house and likely have 20 now. Plus I now own an arcade with another 20. I may be an extreme case, but most people I know can’t stop at 2. They kinda multiply like rabbits.

And to answer your question, if price is an issue and new to hobby, I would recommend a relatively new HUO Stern Pro. For around $5k +/- you can get a relatively new title, deep game, hopefully less wear and tear on a 20 plus year game that has been routed. Jurassic Park is a great example that the pro is solid. Iron Maiden, Avengers, Deadpool, are other good recent examples of pros. The Chicago game remakes have been sturdy at the arcade and are time proven classics, although not as deep as the aforementioned games. JJP games are more expensive and tend to be a little longer playing, but great for home environment too. A lightly used HUO, may save a few bucks and get it quicker, but opening a NIB machine is a great experience.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-say-you-only-have-physical-room-for-2-pinballs-in-your-home?hl=wipinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.