(Topic ID: 33931)

Let's say someone wanted to lay on a pinball machine. Risky?

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Rascal_H
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cm-capture-2.png
    mono.JPG
    TOM_buford610.jpg
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Just a hypothetical.

Maybe you know someone who just happens to be of the opposite sex and they casually mentioned they'd like to lay on top of a pinball machine while you stand in front of them.

Hypothetically they weigh about 100lbs.

Think it would work... or an accident waiting to happen?

Thanks for your input.

#2 11 years ago

Boy that would be really difficult to play like that

#3 11 years ago

It could work.

It also can run the risk of some very bad things to glass/machine and flesh.

Why risk it. Do you not own a kitchen table ?

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It could work.

Hahaha

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It could work.

Kitchen table! LOL.

That was option #2 that was brought up!

#7 11 years ago

Do you have a garage? Have you cleaned the bird poop off your hood?

#8 11 years ago

Hyperball has a seat...and handles.

#9 11 years ago

While I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, it can be done. Case in point ...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-em-bow-and-arrow#post-28532

#10 11 years ago

Does this hypothetical scenario end with balls draining?

#11 11 years ago

we sat on the machines as kids, only ever saw one glass break under the presure but I think it had 3 kids sitting/standing on an older woodrail era

make sure it has tempered glass and go for the high-score

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thanks for your input.

What a good sport ... "plunge away".

#13 11 years ago

I am sure there is a joke to be said about 'ball lock' and 'multiball'

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

make sure it has tempered glass

I would hate to be in an emergency room when they take a steel brush to your hind parts to clean the glass bits out.

If you do this be sure it's a game you don't care much about and a woman you care even less about.

#15 11 years ago

just do it!!

#16 11 years ago

Lightning flippers or standard??

#17 11 years ago

I have tried this with 120 lbs you will be fine, but remember the glass may be cold and not all that comfortable.

#18 11 years ago

It can hold my weight, 210 lbs.

#19 11 years ago

If it's good enough for Jodie Foster...
    Think that pin had special plexiglass on it for the movie tho.
    Next must have mod - inviso-heavyweight plexi and a lube bottle size pingulp!

#20 11 years ago

On a thoughtful note, you could first place a nice thick soft blanket on the machine,
    ...but you may need to level out the machine a bit so Ms. Hypothetical doesn't slide off.

#21 11 years ago

I suggest the 100lb person just lean over the game. Tell her to keep her head out of the way so you can still play pinball.

No need to clean off the glass of the prints left behind. Your guests will likely get a kick out of it when they notice

#22 11 years ago

You never know what can happen. Tempered glass seems really unpredictable. Having said that, I have climbed on machines several times, standing or sitting on the glass. No problems. Just watch no buttons or zippers grind into your glass and you should be fine.

#23 11 years ago

If you're gonna do it, at least make sure the game has a vibrator .. uh, I mean shaker motor installed.

#24 11 years ago

Make sure you adjust the Gap in case you accidentially hit the out lanes.

#25 11 years ago

I had a very petite hot girlfriend who made a request for a "special" game of F-14 Tomcat. The glass held out just fine. I did not.

#26 11 years ago

Where's Turbo20lbs when you need him?

#27 11 years ago

How quickly they forget?

Buford did it all the time

TOM_buford610.jpgTOM_buford610.jpg

#28 11 years ago

FS >> TOM; works perfectly, comes with snail trail.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

It can hold my weight, 210 lbs.

We don't EVEN want to know how this information was discovered.

#30 11 years ago

He's was clubbing the seal

#31 11 years ago

Sometimes you just have to say what the F*&K. Go for it. Maybe the danger element/daredevil will add to the rush. Others have survived to tell about it, it's not like you're going over Niagra Falls. Slowly I turn step, by step, inch by inch......

I just don't want to see a future ad "LED's throughout, external sub and smell for full immersion in the Playboy pin"

#32 11 years ago

Was there a video of some guy standing or even jumping in the middle of some playfield glass before he hit it on the edge with the hammer?

#33 11 years ago

Awesome thread

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Buford did it all the time

I miss those ads

But yes, DO IT! these are commercial machines, made to withstand pelvic thrusts.

#35 11 years ago

We all know that Sterns aren't built as well as B/W machines, so don't do it on the Monopoly. Or.....do it on one of your Williams tables and then on the Monopoly, see if you can feel a difference.

#36 11 years ago

There may be other "positions" to try rather than putting full weight on the glass, however I suspect this is one of those female tests what you love more, your pin or her.

#37 11 years ago

Glass can be funny
    lays silent with stuff on it for years
    then one day like an angry sleeping dog it wakes up

#38 11 years ago

We all know that Sterns aren't built as well as B/W machines, so don't do it on the Monopoly. Or.....do it on one of your Williams tables and then on the Monopoly, see if you can feel a difference.

Hah, Monopoly looks like this right now. Not very comfortable.

mono.JPGmono.JPG

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Just a hypothetical.

Maybe you know someone who just happens to be of the opposite sex and they casually mentioned they'd like to lay on top of a pinball machine while you stand in front of them.

Hypothetically they weigh about 100lbs.

Think it would work... or an accident waiting to happen?

Thanks for your input.

Really? a thumbs down for that, Apimomfan2?

#40 11 years ago

Wife said NO! it is not going to happen!
    I have a long way to go before worrying about the glass.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

Wife said NO! it is not going to happen!
    I have a long way to go before worrying about the glass.

Better luck with the girlfriend then.

#42 11 years ago

Endless jokes about rubbers, leg protectors, pop bumpers, SDTM, video mode, deep rule set, waxed playfield, etc . . .

#43 11 years ago

The glass on my EM's ('72ish) seems thicker & heavier vs the glass in my SBM.

Go for a ride on an EM!

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

Go for a ride on an EM!

Not tempered, that way if it breaks you have long, jagged sharp edges. Hopefully you don't cut an artery, because you'll bleed out long before help arrives.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not tempered, that way if it breaks you have long, jagged sharp edges. Hopefully you don't cut an artery, because you'll bleed out long before help arrives.

That may have been LTG's most important post ever due to the bunny like tendencies of pinsiders

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

Go for a ride on an EM!

Quoted from Prmailers:

Go for a ride on an EM!

Bally used safety glass (not tempered) with their framed, lift up pf glass in that era. I've experienced both pinball (Bally Playboy; go figure) and pool table fun. Pool table was much better. However, pool table lamps can get in the way. And no, I didn't scratch.

#47 11 years ago

lets also remember the beer seal

#48 11 years ago

Hold on honey, let me go ask on pinside if this is ok.....

#49 11 years ago

Yes it's possible. Tried it many times back in my bachelor days. It's the perfect height too!

#50 11 years ago

Gotta love these threads that quietly add people to the "do not buy from under any circumstance" list.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-say-someone-wanted-to-lay-on-a-pinball-machine-risky/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.