DSC01702.JPG
DSC01697.JPG
DSC01687.JPG
DSC01719.JPG
DSC01718.JPG
DSC01717.JPG
DSC01714.JPG
DSC01642.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheShameGovernor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago

Looking good! I just finished up bringing a Card Whiz back to life, and it is such an amazing game.

While you're getting your PBR order together, make sure to check if your AS relays are all working correctly. The nylon teeth on those can get wore down over time, making them not move smoothly like they should. There are 3 if I remember correctly - One in the head used for the 00-90 replay match (not as important because the movement is randomized and not seen till the end), and two under the playfield (double bonus scoring, and another for the bonus countdown). I believe PBR has new nylon pieces if you need them.

Oh, and I'm sure you already know, but if they're working - for God's sake don't mess with them. Trust me.

Gottlieb_AS-relay_Adjustment_B-11492.jpgGottlieb_AS-relay_Adjustment_B-11492.jpg
#23 10 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Only 1 AS relay under the PF, so I guess there are just two.

There should be two under the playfield. One looks like the pic above, where the relay is attached to a leaf switch. That's the double bonus relay and it's not that big of a hassle to adjust. The second AS relay is on the other side of that playfield bank, but instead of being attached to a single leaf switch, it's attached to a small stepper unit. This is the one that goes through the bonus countdown, and this is the one that almost caused me to just walk away, burn my house to ash, and start my life over anew.

gottliebstepper.jpggottliebstepper.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheShameGovernor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-restore-my-royal-flush?tu=TheShameGovernor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.