poster-pinside-web.jpg
poster-pinside-web.jpg
poster1.jpg
poster3.jpg
poster2.jpg
$(KGrHqNHJFYFGWdWFU1gBRs-3nK-p!~~60_5.jpeg
$(KGrHqIOKosFGVQF4PUgBRs-sMrdN!~~60_5.jpeg
thumbs_up_car.gif
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 10 years ago

We passed the thousand dollar mark a few minutes ago. That means we are about a third of the way to the goal! Great stuff. I'll stay glued to my computer for the time being. It helps a lot to handle the emails and donations in real time. Of course, catching up on overnight donations tomorrow morning will be a pleasure!

#52 10 years ago

Thanks to Craig and the pinball community

#53 10 years ago

$10 bucks more added to the pile. It's not much but if everyone does it. It will add quickly. Good karma for everyone donating.

#54 10 years ago

PM sent.

I've had people I didn't even know reach out with donations when my son was diagnosed with leukemia, and I can tell you first hand how much a gesture like this means.

Maybe we can forward any money left over from the purchase to the family to help with funeral expenses. I've seen families trying to mourn their loss struggle to pay those bills, and it's heartbreaking.

Very glad to pay it forward to a fellow pinsider!

Great idea you had, Craig!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Maybe we can forward any money left over from the purchase to the family to help with funeral expenses.

Absolutely. That was my plan. I know that Don could use the money. Nothing sent will go to waste.

#56 10 years ago

pm sent as well

#57 10 years ago

PM Sent and donation on its way!

#58 10 years ago

PM and donation sent.

#59 10 years ago

Pm sent. Bump for a great idea!

#60 10 years ago

Kid ego....agree 100%....he will have more burdens to shoulder, financially.....man, something like this reminds you of what's really important......

#61 10 years ago

PM and donation made. Come on guys and gals, let's get behind Craig 100%

#62 10 years ago

Bump for karma

#63 10 years ago

Glad to help out with this good cause!

#64 10 years ago

Donation sent. Thanks for starting this. Reminds me of the good time we had raising money for pin to Robin. Great group of people here who will work for this amazing gesture. I suspect the goal will be met even faster with all of the new members this past couple years. Here's to Tommy!

#65 10 years ago

#66 10 years ago

Yes I will be bumping this very much like I did with PPTR.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Yes I will be bumping this very much like I did with PPTR.

i believe it automatically gets bumped if i understood tigerlaws post.

#68 10 years ago

I hadn't mentioned that the visitation for Don's son is this evening. I would imagine that means that the funeral is tomorrow. (It's ordinarily the next day, but I am not certain in this case.) I don't know when Don will be back on Pinside, but it sure would be nice to have this done tomorrow for him to see.

We are now at $1,400. I'd love to get to the halfway point ($1,750) before hitting the sack tonight. Thanks again to all who donate.

I must say that I love this "side" of Pinside. Imagine a thread this long with no bickering! Great stuff. You guys are wonderful.

#69 10 years ago

Pm sent, heartfelt idea. Nice job guys

#70 10 years ago

Donation sent. Nice to see good people out there. I don't have kids yet but I couldn't imagine. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

#71 10 years ago

PM sent for a great cause.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

i believe it automatically gets bumped if i understood tigerlaws post.

missed that. Thanks.

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

missed that. Thanks.

It works in "All Pinball" (which is great) but, for the record, not in "Forum Home."

#74 10 years ago

Donation Sent.

#75 10 years ago

Sent. Thanks for collecting, Craig.

#76 10 years ago

PM sent.

#77 10 years ago

Donation made...truly a very worthy cause.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

It works in "All Pinball" (which is great) but, for the record, not in "Forum Home."

Edit the ***header*** so it pops bump.

#79 10 years ago

Paypal sent. Thanks Craig for getting this rolling.
...And BUMP

animated_mario.gifanimated_mario.gif

#80 10 years ago

Can you please post the paypal address so our banned members can donate ! They have no way of communication via PMs .

#81 10 years ago

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

#82 10 years ago

OK, I have an idea to help this along...

Craig > since you are making this happen feel free to kill this idea if you don't like it.

I don't have much cash to donate currently, but I have a nice restorable Funhouse pf that I bought a while back for $225. I had originally planned on using it as a wall hanger and eventually restoring it. If anyone is interested in purchasing it I will donate 50% of the funds to this cause and 50% of the funds to the MRP charity.

Could even do it like a TV fundraiser thing where the highest bidder gets the PF. I will pay for the shipping to the buyer/donator.

If you like this idea Craig then let me know and I can snap some pics and start up another thread. If not then no worries.

#83 10 years ago

Bump keeping it first

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

OK, I have an idea to help this along...
Craig > since you are making this happen feel free to kill this idea if you don't like it.
I don't have much cash to donate currently, but I have a nice restorable Funhouse pf that I bought a while back for $225. I had originally planned on using it as a wall hanger and eventually restoring it. If anyone is interested in purchasing it I will donate 50% of the funds to this cause and 50% of the funds to the MRP charity.
Could even do it like a TV fundraiser thing where the highest bidder gets the PF. I will pay for the shipping to the buyer/donator.
If you like this idea Craig then let me know and I can snap some pics and start up another thread. If not then no worries.

I would say just do it and donate...no questions asked.

#85 10 years ago

During PPTR many pinsiders did that. They offered up an item if someone donated money then I would confirm that donation to the giver and he/she would send the item. People made mods, people donated parts, Gap gave away t-shirts. It was awesome.

#86 10 years ago

PM sent.

donation made.

#87 10 years ago

Type
Project pin to robin in the search field and you will see the posts that I speak of. Come on guys/gals! Lets make this fast!

#88 10 years ago

Annnnnnnnnd BUMP

image.jpgimage.jpg

#89 10 years ago

PM sent.

#90 10 years ago

It's a flash donation party

#91 10 years ago

Thanks for organizing this effort

#92 10 years ago

And donation sent. Craig is all over this!!

#93 10 years ago

PM Sent. Nice job Craig!

#94 10 years ago

I would love to know if we're half way

#95 10 years ago

Craig don't go to bed man. Keep us posted with updates. Great idea, thanks.

#96 10 years ago

PM sent, great initiative

#97 10 years ago

Donation Sent!
Thanks for staying up late!

#98 10 years ago

Yeah, I'm curious where we're at too! The response seems like it's been pretty good since the last update.

#99 10 years ago

I have been so busy answering emails that I have not had a chance to write anything here. Yes, friends, we just passed the halfway point a few minutes ago. GREAT STUFF!!!

Let me reiterate that any funds collected in excess of what is needed to secure (and probably ship) the Tommy will go directly to Don to help him meet the expenses of the funeral. Not a cent will be wasted, I promise. Of course, we are still something like $1,750 from that being an issue, but we'll get there, I feel certain.

#100 10 years ago

Will Paypal $50. Pm sent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 440 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-help-don-buy-that-tommy-in-memory-of-his-son/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.