(Topic ID: 111437)

Let's hear it for the moderators! (Yes, seriously!)

By RyanClaytor

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by nosro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

inception-meme-recursion.jpg
    inception-meme-rapper.png
    mod-mod-mod.gif
    brown nose.jpg
    mods-1.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Hey Pinside Moderators,

Just wanted to start a thread with some love for ya. Robin, who tends to get all the credit, is...eh...alright, I guess. ...but this great site wouldn't run nearly as smoothly without you, Mods. So often your public faces are only seen in the middle of heated battles, but I'm very good friends with one of you guys and have caught glimpses into the amount of work you all pour into Pinside simply because you love the community.

Just for example, did the rest of you know that Pinside is spam-bot'ed to hell and back? I didn't either! It's because of the mods that we are spared from all the nonsense you see on other less-cared-for sites.

So join with me, Pinsiders, in sending a word of thanks this largely unthanked group of Pinsider elites, maybe even share a tale where you've been justifiably ejected when you mashed on the keyboard a little too violently during a late night drinking...er...I mean, TYPING session, or otherwise had a good experience with our mods. They deserve a word of thanks and a round of applause.

Happy Moderator Day!

Appreciative,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#2 9 years ago

Yeah, thank you moderators !

#4 9 years ago

Gratzi for the work ya'll've done!

#5 9 years ago

What a suck up

:p

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Let's hear it for the moderators!

Don't get too carried away now. Everything in moderation.

#7 9 years ago

I know. I have so much to gain from this post.

Quoted from littlecammi:

Everything in moderation.

Ha! Very punny.

#8 9 years ago

Mods deal with crap quietly in the background so that the rest of us can have fun. I think that's pretty much the definition of under-appreciation.

#9 9 years ago

And the length of this thread would seem to further underscore the under appreciation of moderators. Come on people.

#10 9 years ago

To be fair, this is under a little-used sub forum so maybe people arent seeing it. Just to experiment I am going to move it to All Pinball for a bit and see what happens.

We do get lots of hate mail, so I do appreciate the appreciation. I honestly had no idea either on the large amount of behind the scenes stuff until Robin asked me to mod, and I'll be the first to admit that I check Pinside thread reports before I even get out of bed in the morning and at night while in bed supposed to be asleep. I also just got back from a Disney vacation and spent many a monorail/bus ride and line-standing time cleaning up spam and dealing with issues on here. There is so much traffic these days it is impossible to keep up. We do sometimes get accused of doing nothing, but I promise that if you see something questionable or have a question, we do read and investivate every report and do reply to moderator feedback threads. PMs work too, but since we cant all be here all the time, the feedback thread reaches all the mods and Robin so you have a better chance of a quick response.

Thanks for the thanks!

(Ryan, your brownnoser check is in the mail!)

#11 9 years ago

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!

#12 9 years ago

Thank you kindly!

#13 9 years ago

They all do a wonderful job. Thank you.

#14 9 years ago

full support for the Mod Army
    rock on...

mods-1.jpgmods-1.jpg

#15 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, Ryan.

#16 9 years ago

yes,thanks for the hard work...I LoVe Pinside

#17 9 years ago

Hope all Pinside Moderators have a very nice Christmas this year.

Lord knows you deserve it for all the time and effort you have given this year.

#18 9 years ago

#19 9 years ago

Wait a minute...

Being a forum moderator is supposed to be a THANKLESS job!!!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE HERE???

Thank you, moderators. Even Pete.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hey Pinside Moderators,
    Just wanted to start a thread with some love for ya. Robin, who tends to get all the credit, is...eh...alright, I guess. ...but this great site wouldn't run nearly as smoothly without you, Mods. So often your public faces are only seen in the middle of heated battles, but I'm very good friends with one of you guys and have caught glimpses into the amount of work you all pour into Pinside simply because you love the community.
    Just for example, did the rest of you know that Pinside is spam-bot'ed to hell and back? I didn't either! It's because of the mods that we are spared from all the nonsense you see on other less-cared-for sites.
    So join with me, Pinsiders, in sending a word of thanks this largely unthanked group of Pinsider elites, maybe even share a tale where you've been justifiably ejected when you mashed on the keyboard a little too violently during a late night drinking...er...I mean, TYPING session, or otherwise had a good experience with our mods. They deserve a word of thanks and a round of applause.
    Happy Moderator Day!
    Appreciative,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

Trying to move up in the World ....

brown nose.jpgbrown nose.jpg
    #21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

Trying to move up in the World ....

brown nose.jpg 21 KB

positioning for next mod opening

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Ryan, your brownnoser check is in the mail!

Excellent! I hope it's made out for a LOT of brown-nose bucks. It's sure to help me...

Quoted from Thor-NL:

...move up in the World.

Quoted from labnip:

positioning for next mod opening

I do not have what it takes. These folks, really, wow. ...if Pinsiders only knew. I mean:

Quoted from blondetall:

We do get lots of hate mail, so I do appreciate the appreciation. I honestly had no idea either on the large amount of behind the scenes stuff until Robin asked me to mod, and I'll be the first to admit that I check Pinside thread reports before I even get out of bed in the morning and at night while in bed supposed to be asleep. I also just got back from a Disney vacation and spent many a monorail/bus ride and line-standing time cleaning up spam and dealing with issues on here. There is so much traffic these days it is impossible to keep up. We do sometimes get accused of doing nothing, but I promise that if you see something questionable or have a question, we do read and investivate every report and do reply to moderator feedback threads. PMs work too, but since we cant all be here all the time, the feedback thread reaches all the mods and Robin so you have a better chance of a quick response.

...Jesus. Blondetall, you've got dedication in reckless abandon that none of us deserve. Thank you.

Anxiously awaiting my brown-noser bucks (which, if they don't arrive, I'll likely revert to siding with the masses and start a thread titled "The piles of nothing accomplished by the moderators"),
    Ryan "Strikin' it $$$RICH$$$ with the Mods" Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#23 9 years ago

Thanks for all of your free support. I am sure the site would not run the same without all of you.

And do not forget to thank Robin for a great site also.

#24 9 years ago

I still heat-n-eat spam on occasion...same delicious recipe after all these years. But I hate junk mail so - muchas gracias, Mods! and for doing all the non-glamorous tasks each and every day too.

#25 9 years ago

It's kinda like this...

mod-mod-mod.gifmod-mod-mod.gif
    #26 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

We do get lots of hate mail, so I do appreciate the appreciation.

The mods should start an "Appreciate the appreciation" thread.

inception-meme-recursion.jpginception-meme-recursion.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-hear-it-for-the-moderators-yes-seriously and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.