Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_tee_(resized).jpg
garage2_(resized).jpg
garage_(resized).jpg
AligatorRUCKUS_468x314_(resized).jpg
alligatormain_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Just curious how many golfers we have from everyone here on Pinside. Tell us about your game, how much you play, etc. Maybe the most famous golf course you've played or the most famous golfer you've met? Anyone make a hole-in-one (other than on NGG)?

I'm also floating an idea around in my head about how to combine a golf competition with some pinball competition, just for something different. Anybody have some ideas? I've currently got three machines set up in my pro shop and am trying to get people interested in pinball around here.

I would appreciate any and all comments. Thanks in advance!

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm also floating an idea around in my head about how to combine a golf competition with some pinball competition, just for something different. Anybody have some ideas?

The Gorilla did this back in the day, was quite popular from what I remember. I never got to make it unfortunately

#3 8 years ago

Host a tournament.

#4 8 years ago

I love golf! I'm a 6 hdcp and play 2-3 times per week when time and weather allows. I've been fortunate enough to play Crooked Stick Golf Club, Victoria National, Butler National, Dubs Dread, and Harbour Town. There may be a few others in there but those stand out at this point.

Made my 1st hole in one last year at an outing with all my high school buddies. It was expensive, but wouldn't have had it any other way.

I would love my new club to have a pin or two. It probably won't happen unless I buy it myself and place it. I'm hoping JJP comes out with a golf themed pin at some point. I think the LCD screen could make a great combo of pinball and Golden Tee.

#5 8 years ago

Golf is by far my favorite hobby! I'm a 3 handicap & I've won our club championship 6 times. I've never had a hole in 1, but I've made a ton of Eagles! I would love to see a new golf themed pin as well.

#6 8 years ago

In general golf sucks, but it is fun to see how fast old people can run when you play a round in Florida.

alligatormain_(resized).jpgalligatormain_(resized).jpg

AligatorRUCKUS_468x314_(resized).jpgAligatorRUCKUS_468x314_(resized).jpg

#7 8 years ago

I love golf!! I play at least once a week in the summers. I'm very bad for how much I play (20+ Handicap), but I love to play and have been playing regular golf for around 10 years.

Don't belong to any country clubs, I just play a public course (Kenton county golf course) most of the time as it is right by my house.

Nothing better than housing some beers on the course with a group of buddies!!

My brother used to live in San Diego so I've played Torrey Pines South before. The most beautiful course I have ever seen and the most fun I have ever had while shooting a 120. Haha

#8 8 years ago

Zamp- had a good friend of mine look at your Mustang Boss pin. He and I play a lot of golf together, but he's never been introduced to pinball. He collects old Mustangs and has a Boss 429. He didn't want to spend the money on a pin.

If you ever get down to Central Indiana, look me up and we'll play. Some good golf down here.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Zamp- had a good friend of mine look at your Mustang Boss pin. He and I play a lot of golf together, but he's never been introduced to pinball. He collects old Mustangs and has a Boss 429. He didn't want to spend the money on a pin.
If you ever get down to Central Indiana, look me up and we'll play. Some good golf down here.

Sounds good! If you get up to Gaylord/Northern Michigan look me up, we have a bunch of great courses up here.

#10 8 years ago

I had intentions to be a teaching pro when I was younger, until I realized I probably wasn't good enough to pass a PAT. I worked for a great pro in my area, and learned a lot.

In college, I needed to work at a course to be able to play (or I wouldn't have been able to afford it). I intended to work in the pro shop, but the Pro was on the phone for a good hour ignoring me while I waited for an application - the mechanic insisted I apply for the grounds crew. I reluctantly joined up, and worked up to Assistant Super and Head Mechanic. I worked in that job for 5 years, and really enjoyed it.. well, everything except the pay and mandatory weekends all summer.

At my best I was a 10 handicap. Now, I'm closer to an 18. I didn't end up playing much while I worked in college, I was too tired and sweaty at the end of the day to want to endure a 4 hour round at the course I just spent 9 hours working.

I play with my dad and his friends every chance I get. I don't have much time to play while I'm at home, but I did recently dedicate the third stall of my garage to golf. It's in a transition period right now, I'll be making the entire floor of the sim area a practice green to help with immersion and some basic practice. It's also one of my favorite places to watch a few games.

garage_(resized).jpggarage_(resized).jpg
garage2_(resized).jpggarage2_(resized).jpg

#11 8 years ago

I loved golf. Pee on trees, throw clubs, I was born to golf.

Too many back injuries ended it for me.

LTG : (

#12 8 years ago

I usually walk between 9&18holes every day after work. I should be a lot better than I am. I did have a hole in one a few years ago.
When I moved into my new house, I really wanted to setup a golf simulator, but couldn't due to my ceiling height....which led to my first pinball (NGG)

#13 8 years ago

I play a lot of disc golf! Prob 4 rounds a week year round. Best course ive played was Morley Field in San Diego. My handicap is around a -2 on the courses i play most. I have 8 hole in ones, 3 of which were money aces(meaning in a paid competition).

Now regular golf not that good at all. Play prob about once every couple months. Played some nice courses in scottsdale, most memorable is prob talking stick resort. Handicap is at like 20+. No holes in ones.

#14 8 years ago

I used to play golf 3-4 times a week. At my best, I was around a 17 handicap. Unfortunately, I injured my hip about ten years ago and rarely play now. It's a great game, and I really miss it.

#15 8 years ago

Moved to the "Hobbies" subforum.

#16 8 years ago

Golf is my original obsession. I'm a 7 hc. I play at least once a week during the season.

I work in the golf industry so I've been fortunate enough to play some great courses. I've played with Hank Haney and Justin Rose. Pretty lucky.

#17 8 years ago

What do you do in the golf industry?

#18 8 years ago

I'm guessing a tee bagger?? bwahahaha.
Sorry. Couldn't resist.

100_tee_(resized).jpg100_tee_(resized).jpg

#19 8 years ago

I used to golf 2-4 times a week until I moved to Florida. I'd like to get back into it but if I am going to spend 4 1/2 hours with someone, I better get along with them. I did recently pick up some Taylor Made irons so that might motivate me to get out.

Spieth is off to a fast start at the Masters. He has the intensity Tiger used to have.

#20 8 years ago

Man did anyone see the video of Els yesterday on the first hole? I could barely watch it.

#21 8 years ago

"Why won't you find your home?!"

#22 8 years ago

It's funny now that I work in the golf industry I never golf anymore. I go to all the top courses in the Midwest though.

#23 8 years ago

Yes, it was hard to watch! He touched it out though.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man did anyone see the video of Els yesterday on the first hole? I could barely watch it.
» YouTube video

Poor Ernie. He took it as well as Norman's choke job against Faldo. Els came back with a solid second round. Did he use the anchor putting method that is now banned?

#25 8 years ago

Think Bernhard can pull it off?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Think Bernhard can pull it off?

I hope so. What a story it would be!

#27 8 years ago

Spieth is so slow he borders on unwatchable

#28 8 years ago

I have been playing for about 20 years. I try to get out once a week. I play the public courses around Allentown PA. Looking forward to retiring someday and playing the senior tees. I have always played Ping irons and still bag a BECU Eye 2 lob.

#29 8 years ago

Wow. I thought he had that in the bag. That's gotta sting.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Spieth is so slow he borders on unwatchable

Yeah, Spieth takes an eternity on every shot like Nicklaus used to. I do have to hand it to him for being a class act after his collapse. Not many 22 year olds could have pulled that off. I was rooting for Langer. It would have been nice to see someone older than me win.

#31 8 years ago

Course co - owner here. I have played a round or two.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-hear-from-all-of-the-golfers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.