• 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Wiggles
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

alive_head_score.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fathompin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 9 years ago

I agree with PopBumperPete and egyptrus that pinball is fun in and of itself, and that any title would be enjoyable if it was your only pin, now I see people sharing here how pins clash with their personalities (subjective) as opposed to indisputable facts (statistically significant/sales/revenue).

Quoted from snyper2099:

I absolutely can't tolerate:

Fish Tales
TOTAN
Jurassic Park
TOM
ST 25th

TOM:
I'm curious how you'd compare Pinball Magic to TOM (which I have only played at shows)? I bought PM for Capcom parts. I'd heard it was linear and the deal went a little difficult, so it sat for 8 years. I finally dug it out of mothballs, tweaked it as a player, and after three weeks I don't mind the linearity, but I suspect I might at some point (hence the question).

Jurassic Park:
My wife made me buy another JP after I sold it. I've heard it is a similar layout to TAF (which I have only played at shows), why is TAF so popular? We've play JP a lot and when I heard ChadH was making a ROM update I was really excited. I heard his Star Wars update was a big hit. Maybe a separate thread discussing which pins could really benefit from ROM updates (done before?), besides the newer ones of course. For example I loved Rollergames (sold it though), but I'd heard it was just never finished?

Dracula:
Cool game, but over time I found myself turning it on then walking away mid game. In order to get really high scores the game needs to keep one interested for the length of time it takes to rack up that many points; and after I'd had it for some time this title couldn't keep my interest that long. Should I have put it in storage and pulled it out every now and then to feel the magic again?

I figure hobbyists should have had a lot of playing time on a pin before commenting here that it is a bad one. Many pins for me were much worse than Dracula, but their lameness is not worth mentioning except...

Big Guns:
I got a couple of these for a song because the operator was not familiar with optos and didn’t know how to repair the drop targets….or so I thought, maybe the operator was not interested in fixing them because they didn't generate ANY revenue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fathompin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-hear-about-your-top-5-most-hated-list?tu=fathompin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.