• 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Wiggles
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

alive_head_score.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

We always hear about everyone top 5 or 10 most loved or wanted games. Lets hear about your top 5 most hated. Everyone has a bottom of the barrel list and i'm sure it's different for nearly everyone. If you want to include brackets why behind each one, that would be good too. Some things I hate about a game, arn't really about the game overall. No vague answers like >......All EM's or crap like that. Specific titles only please. Number 1. Top most hated to 5th most hated.

#2 9 years ago

I'll go first I guess. I have my top 2 already, but I had to think about top 5.

1. Street Fighter 2 (love the arcade, but holy crap I could not stand this game)
2. X- files (only time i've ever wanted to stop playing a game after ball 2)
3. AFM (i think it's the cheapest looking B/W game ever made. Empty playfield had me pass by it numerous times back in arcade times. Looked empty and boring and still does. )( also the apeshit love for this game, makes me dislike it even more) Econoline of the B/W DMD era.
4. EP1 (mostly because it's episode 1, so the subject matter is terrible to start, but it's so repetitive as well. I love p2k but I so wish this was some other game and done differently)
5. Black Knight.... Worst sounds i've ever heard in a game. most annoying. Gives me an eye twitch.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Avatar. The only one that I actually found that I hate.

You found a virtual version of Avatar?

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

So you get flack in two treads for wanting to shit on the X-files, one in a thread for a fan thread, and the other with someone new that just got their second game, so you make this thread so you can bitch about it legit....
Don't you have $100k in machines to try to sucker someone with that can occupy your time better with?

Actually the Xfiles thread gave me the idea for this thread. I was curious what everyones bottom feeder games were for them. Everyone has some. You say you don't..you either have not played enough games out there, or your completely oblivious to the fact that crappy games exist. It's like saying the NES never had a bad game. Oh the list is long and yes just because it's a pinball machine, it can be terrible for many reasons. Some can be things that are not really because of the machine itself. It could be something totally unrelated, Like. I hate Wh20. My ex wife loved that game......Screw that game!

Btw, what happned to Doug tonight?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Trilogy, you have me laughing my ass off again. Kind of like at Expo when you were taking all those pictures that night.
And yes you truly are a class act, but you know I mean it!
TZ: Way too slow for my liking!
Safecracker: big thumbs down
AcDc: never did it for me
LOTR: I want to like it but that damn call out when the ball rolls down the path of the dead drives me crazy!
TOTAN: annoying ass call outs......

what's funny is your list is some of my top 10 list, except SC....that game is way to easy to want one in the house. But it's good that we like opposite games, otherwise, you would own a Tommy and I wouldn't

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Shocking... Doesn't look to have turned into the X-files hate-athon you were pining for though eh?

Actually that wasn't the intent at all. YEs I hate Xfiles and think it's tied with SF 2 as the worst DMD's ever made, but I knew everyone elses opinions would be different. For one, i'd say 50% of the people on pinside have never played an Xfiles. So they wouldn't be able to know if it sucks or not. Everyone plays different games and dislikes them based on different reasons. Some hate fan pattern games, some hate stop and go. Some hate games with yellow in them. Some hate games that have a ramp that is shaped like a horse shoe. Some hate spinners, or all games with black rubber. Who knows. Hence the purpose of this fun little thread. It is just for fun and we always talk about the best of this and that. Nice to have something different.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm cool with Trilogy. He just got a little salty after his cheese team handed a win over to the hawks.

And he should have expected it. Everyone here did. the Hawks have never lost a home game in the playoffs. It was doomed from the start. Packers also have never lost a playoff game at home. Luck of the seating, gave the Hawks the home field advantage. Could have easily went the other way.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anything designed by Lawlor.
Sorry guys. Not a fan at all.

Btw, you can't be vague. You have to list 5 specific examples. Vague descriptions are clearly stated as not counting on the initial post. So list your top 5 lawler poopers.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I love trilogy and will defend him until the end, yet nothing to defend him against here. If you can't handle a couple of curse words, dat a u problem

Did someone say Fawk, ass, shight, puzzy, pizz, cuntry, or anything of the like?

#153 9 years ago

you have to unfreeze doug. He's the undisputed champion custom made machine winner multiple times.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Any operator or owner who sets the games too sensitive for tilt settings. Just cause I push forward when I hit the flippers should not tilt the game, a little thrust forward. Nothing rough just way I have played always. No throwing the game or lifting off ground, I am sure you know what I am trying to say. But on game that bored me was POTC as much as I want to like it.

This comes from leaning on the games while you play. We used to do it as well. if you have stripped leg bolts, it makes the wobble even worse. We learned to stop leaning on the games so much.

#161 9 years ago

Explain again, I am not sure exactly what you mean. It does not happen at all on my home game the way I play?

Some people (us included) used to lean forward with our palms on the lockdown bar while we play. Majority of our weight was leaning on that lockdown bar. So when your flipping, just the action of flipping gets your momentum going forward and backwards. So subtle you don't notice it, but it gets the pendulum going. When bolts are stripped in the legs. You only have one bolt holding the leg on. The game is even more wobbly and unstable, making the rocking action even worse.

to rectify this problem, try playing with your palms off the lockdown bar. you don't realize how much weight you put on a game, until you've been playing for 3 or 4 hours straight and your wrists are hurting from holding yourself up for hours.

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Orbitor
Mousin around
Atlantis
Transformers
Lord of the Rings.
As far as Lord of the Rings goes I put in 50 cents win multiple games and walk away thinking why did I even bother.

I swear you made this post just to try and get under my skin. I know this is a fake post because you included LOTR, and I highly doubt you've played Atlantis enough times to know if it's good or bad. Same could be said for mousin around. Those games are really hard to find. since 91. I've seen mousin around once at a show, back in 2004. That was it. Atlantis i've only played 1 place, PAPA and he has one. Not easy to find games.

#186 9 years ago

Thanks I will give it a go and try to do it. So use to doing it the other way. What percentage of people play this way do you think?

Probably a lot. You stop doing it when you start playing a lot of tournaments with super sensitive tilts.

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Give him a break, its bad enough he's stuck living in Wisconsin. That will make anyone crazy.
This place is tame enough as it is, it could use an occasional shakeup. If someone can't deal with whats on a message board, they are going to have a real hard time with the actual world.

You know i'm amazed your in as good of a mood as you are, having to deal with that bullshit traffic you guys deal with on a regular basis. Then have to pay money to be in said traffic besides.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Lets hear about your Top 5 most hated list?
let's not

]

Why you have a top 20 dave? Go ahead and share. If you want to expand your list, by all means.

#203 9 years ago

what's wrong with cactus Jack? And which playboy you talking about? there are 3 of them.

#205 9 years ago

I'd put one in my collection if I found one for $1200 or less. Ball times are really long tho.

#207 9 years ago

I thought it's pretty inventive. And look how many toys that game actually has. When was the last time Stern packed that many toys in a game? Lots of motion things going on. Spinning triangle, Centerfold, peekaboo, 2 way mirror, the sliding picture window.

#209 9 years ago

just saying, least they were trying and had a bunch of stuff chalked into a game. they went from that, to 1 or 2 toys in a game.

#219 9 years ago

yea, LOTR theme is fantastic. Game incorporates the long epic journey as in the movies. Call outs are fantastic. Only thing I would complain about for LOTR, would be the pixelated art and boring ass fan pattern layout. Other than that, it's fantastic and number 5 on my top all time list.

#227 9 years ago

damn it, I forgot black knight on my list. Holy cow do I hate that game. If you take the sound board out and destroy it, the game is ok. but the sound package is so damn awful, it makes me want to kick an old man down a flight of stairs.

#241 9 years ago

I want to see and play a tesla..... never heard of it before, but if it's a Zen, i'm all for trying it out. Even if it does suck.

this thread is really just about terrible games from the posters perspective. They are out there for everyone. No matter who you are. Unless your Helan Keller, then they all suck. Just like video games. Anyone that says none of them suck, have no clue what they are talking about, because there tons of god awful games that were made. Terrible to the point, where the guy that made the game, and the guy who signed off on it saying it was marketable, should have been punched right in the dick by everyone in the company.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Also I'm sure there's tons of games I dislike more then LOTR but I'm only including DMD machines that I've played. Plus theme is big for me but not everyone.

Is that why congo is your favorite? Because the movie was so bad ass?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-hear-about-your-top-5-most-hated-list?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.