• 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Wiggles
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

alive_head_score.jpg
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Now you've got me confused, well, more confused. Your last response made no sense in relation to what I posted. Oh well, I'm done with it anyway.

It made perfect sense

#202 9 years ago

I shutter to think this may be someone's lineup...

Popeye
Party Zone
Dr Dude
CSI
Harley Davidson
Playboy
Bugs Bunny's
Monopoly
Shaq Attack
X Files
Cactus Jack's
Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Lost in Space

#203 9 years ago

what's wrong with cactus Jack? And which playboy you talking about? there are 3 of them.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

And which playboy you talking about? there are 3 of them.

Hopefully Recent Stern....god that thing is ass, and not good Playboy type ass.

#205 9 years ago

I'd put one in my collection if I found one for $1200 or less. Ball times are really long tho.

#206 9 years ago

I'll give them credit for the chain hanging peek-a-boo room...pretty funny.

#207 9 years ago

I thought it's pretty inventive. And look how many toys that game actually has. When was the last time Stern packed that many toys in a game? Lots of motion things going on. Spinning triangle, Centerfold, peekaboo, 2 way mirror, the sliding picture window.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I thought it's pretty inventive. And look how many toys that game actually has.

I give them credit for trying, but doesn't come out in the wash. Just too ugly and boring to play.

#209 9 years ago

just saying, least they were trying and had a bunch of stuff chalked into a game. they went from that, to 1 or 2 toys in a game.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I shutter to think this may be someone's lineup...
Popeye
Dr dude
Party Zone
CSI
Harley Davidson
Playboy
Bugs Bunny
Monopoly
Shaq Attack
X Files
Cactus Jack
rocky and bullwinkle.
Lost In Space

Still pinball and nice variety there. I'd take them.

#211 9 years ago

That is a pretty bad list jeff . None are worth the floor space.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

That is a pretty bad list jeff . None are worth the floor space.

Tough call...i kind of like Monopoly, and Dr Dude would always have a home with me...but yeah...dumpster fire

#213 9 years ago

A lot of pinball shooters swear by Popeye, challenging machine.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

A lot of pinball shooters swear by Popeye, challenging machine.

Problem is you can't see shit. The upper playfield and the head blocks the view of the ball.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Problem is you can't see shit. The upper playfield and the head blocks the view of the ball.

A lot of machines have that stuff, cftbl and it's pretty popular. But yeah...

#216 9 years ago

The last 5 Stern releases.........

#217 9 years ago

1. No fear. Owned it less then a week . Couldn't stand it. Post post post post post etc.
2. Avatar
3. Rolling Stones
4. LOTR can't stand the theme , music or call outs. To bad awsome game play.
5. RCT just shit

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

4. LOTR can't stand the theme , music or call outs.

Funny, the pin with some of the best music and call outs ever in the history of pinball, and you can't stand them?

#219 9 years ago

yea, LOTR theme is fantastic. Game incorporates the long epic journey as in the movies. Call outs are fantastic. Only thing I would complain about for LOTR, would be the pixelated art and boring ass fan pattern layout. Other than that, it's fantastic and number 5 on my top all time list.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, LOTR theme is fantastic. Game incorporates the long epic journey as in the movies. Call outs are fantastic. Only thing I would complain about for LOTR, would be the pixelated art and boring ass fan pattern layout. Other than that, it's fantastic and number 5 on my top all time list.

...and the overly compressed callouts that are distorted as hell.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll give them credit for the chain hanging peek-a-boo room...pretty funny.

And the centerfold gibberish.

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I agree, and I'm not a huge fan of those, but they have other things really working for them. I don't rate them high, but will still love to have a BOP and WH2O.

#224 9 years ago

That thread is actually fun. Might want to create a related one "Which 5 pins you would like to borrow for 2-3 weeks, if only to make sure you never want to own them?"

My list would be:
- Orbitor 1
- Disco Fever or Time Warp (for the banana flippers)
- any Table cocktail pin (are they that bad?)
- BBB (had enough games on this one to enjoy it, but what is its staying power after the honeymoon phase?)
- Qbert's Quest

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

1. No Fear. Owned it less then a week . Couldn't stand it. Post post post post post etc.
2. Avatar
3. Rolling Stones
4. LOTR can't stand the theme , music or call outs. To bad awsome game play.
5. RCT just shit

Popeye is better than LOTR eh, you sure you aren't trolling?

(I know he hates Popeye)

#226 9 years ago

In no particular order:

Avengers - I *hate* the entire middle of the playfield (except the Black Widow shot). "Hey I shot it through the drop targets. Oh, now it's stuck under Hulk's arm. Okay, found by ball search. Rolling down the back of the drops. Dribbling through the hole. Hitting the tesseract on the way down. Gee, hope that doesn't happen again." 10 seconds later..."Damn it!"

Black Knight - Try to keep the ball up top as long as possible just batting it around, hoping that it hits the lock and actually sticks. As soon as it falls to the lower playfield, panic and try to send it up top again.

Class of 1812 - I have only played this game digitally, but seriously, the theme and sounds are wretched. Nothing interesting to do or shoot.

Dr Dude - I guess this and 1812 suffer from the same horrible cultural influences (late 80's/early 90's). This has a more interesting layout for sure, but I don't find any of the shots satisfying. Even the Reflex shots are ultimately a letdown, and not worth as many points as they should be.

#227 9 years ago

damn it, I forgot black knight on my list. Holy cow do I hate that game. If you take the sound board out and destroy it, the game is ok. but the sound package is so damn awful, it makes me want to kick an old man down a flight of stairs.

#228 9 years ago

I prefer think of them as my least favorite. South park, freddy, popeye, Austin powers, millionaire. I will still gladly play them with some choice comments sprinkled in.

#229 9 years ago

Wow, some people are naming some good games as bad. I know not everyone loves LOTR or AFM but to put on a worst list sounds like some kind of sour grapes. I don't see why people "love" CV or STTNG and don't think they are worth the money, but they are still good games.

I think X-Files and Freddy and kind of crappy. But worst?

If you want to list Avengers, Avaturd, Striker, Monopoly and RCT as Worst "post 2000" games I get it. But have you played Raven? A Bingo is more fun because at least the pain is over quick.

Seriously, I don't think people have been around long enough or played enough different games if you list some of these games. Yes, South Park and Rolling Stones are not worth the room. But they don't want to make you tie it to the back of your truck like BBB does.

Sure, no matter how many times they do Playboy they get it wrong. But even those turds are worth dropping a quarter in more than Roy Clark the Entertainer.

My new hate is Toreador, (thanks Jim).

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Wow, some people are naming some good games as bad. I know not everyone loves LOTR or AFM but to put on a worst list sounds like some kind of sour grapes. I don't see why people "love" CV or STTNG and don't think they are worth the money, but they are still good games.

Agree. People "hate" those games because others think they're the best...so really they mean: "most-overrated". Is there a term for when people do that?

#231 9 years ago

my strongest negative emotion directed towards a pinball machine is disinterest. Well, maybe i'd throw a swep into a woodchipper, but other than that...

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

my strongest negative emotion directed towards a pinball machine is disinterest. Well, maybe i'd throw a swep into a woodchipper, but other than that...

Ouch, yes we went through the Jar Jar controversy on another message board. The waste of Pin2K, all movie clips, no pinball.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

oh my god so many wrong opinions.

inconceivable

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Wow, some people are naming some good games as bad. I know not everyone loves LOTR or AFM but to put on a worst list sounds like some kind of sour grapes.

Thread: Let's hear about your top 5 most hated.

A lot of people love LOTR. I actually recoil at the theme. I don't even like to look at it. I hate it. It's probably a find game if you like it. That's not me.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Thread: Let's hear about your top 5 most hated.
A lot of people love LOTR. I actually recoil at the theme. I don't even like to look at it. I hate it. It's probably a find game if you like it. That's not me.

But worse than Raven, Millionaire, Popeye, Gilligan's Island, Barb Wire, Freddy, Hard Body, any EM, X-Files, etc...? C'mon.....

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

But worse than Raven, Millionaire, Popeye, Gilligan's Island, Barb Wire, FREDDY, Hard Body, any EM, X-files, etc...? C'mon.....

To who?

#237 9 years ago

To you. The rules are spectacular. If the theme was My Little Pony it would still be a great game. If the greatest theme ever was wrapped around a Freddy it would still be a complete piece of crap. To me the rules make at least 50% of the game...probably closer to 75%. Theme accounts for maybe 10%.

#238 9 years ago

not a lot of games I hate, but bottom of the list for me would be:

1 - Black Hole: I think the name refers to the force of which your quarters will disappear, along with your soul.

2 - X men: I only tried this game a few times and constantly was hitting wolverine in the crotch, because he takes up half the playfield. Turns out, hitting wolverine in the crotch is not as much fun as it sounds.

3 - Tesla (ZEN PINBALL): This one gets nominated because I absolutely LOVE the theme but I think the game design is quite possibly the worst layout and rules I have ever encountered in pinball.

4 - Big Shot - I know there's a lot of love out there for this game, but it lacks every playfield element I enjoy. Drop targets only just don't do it for me.

5 - The party zone: Holy crap, most annoying sounding, looking, and playing table ever. Seriously. Burn in pinball hell party zone. Burn in pinball hell. I hope the pinball devil tilts you for eternity.

#239 9 years ago

Jurassic Park Lost World is my most hated game to date.

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

1 - Black Hole: I think the name refers to the force of which your quarters will disappear, along with your soul.

So True. Probably could have bought a BH NIB with the money spent on that damn pin... which I still love. Love is blind...

#241 9 years ago

I want to see and play a tesla..... never heard of it before, but if it's a Zen, i'm all for trying it out. Even if it does suck.

this thread is really just about terrible games from the posters perspective. They are out there for everyone. No matter who you are. Unless your Helan Keller, then they all suck. Just like video games. Anyone that says none of them suck, have no clue what they are talking about, because there tons of god awful games that were made. Terrible to the point, where the guy that made the game, and the guy who signed off on it saying it was marketable, should have been punched right in the dick by everyone in the company.

#242 9 years ago

I'll only list one. I played BBB.....once....at Expo in Banning. Had "0" interest in a second game.

Enough said.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Popeye is better than LOTR eh, you sure you aren't trolling?
(I know he hates Popeye)

Ok drop LOTR down to 6 rct to 4 and popeye to 5.
If they re-themed LOTR to something i liked but left the layout the same it would be on the top of my wanted list. Its just the theme that kills it for me.

#244 9 years ago

Also I'm sure there's tons of games I dislike more then LOTR but I'm only including DMD machines that I've played. Plus theme is big for me but not everyone.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

That issue is so overblown. With the pops up there, even a missed shot usually gets bounced into the holes. You don't need to be accurate to hit those two gobble holes. Plus, there are the lights for the gobble holes that you can see that are right in front of the holes, just shoot for those or if you really need a perfect line of sight, crouch down a little and you can the shots perfectly.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Also I'm sure there's tons of games I dislike more then LOTR but I'm only including DMD machines that I've played. Plus theme is big for me but not everyone.

Is that why congo is your favorite? Because the movie was so bad ass?

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Is that why congo is your favorite? Because the movie was so bad ass?

He just wants to f$%k Amy.

#248 9 years ago

Liked congo before I ever saw the Movie. Like the jungle theme.

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Liked congo before I ever saw the Movie. Like the jungle theme.

Read the book. It's much better.

#250 9 years ago

I saw the movie first. It really did "taint" the pin knowing what it was based on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canton, OH
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-hear-about-your-top-5-most-hated-list/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.