(Topic ID: 88056)

Let's give SM some lovin!................

By iceman44

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-14.jpg
spiderdick.jpg
score_10141_1.jpg
DSC08629.JPG
DSC08538.JPG
#1 10 years ago

What's the secret to get Super Hero, I know, play better......

Just topped my Grand champion score, man I love this pin, my favorite right now with Woz after a long hiatus of not playing it. I sold my original and upgraded a little bit which if nothing else it got the old one out of the game room and the new one down into the man cave garage.

It's just about a perfect pin to me, but what the hell, they are all great in some way!

#2 10 years ago

I have yet to get to superhero but put my best score up a few weeks ago. Completed 2 white modes and had the tripler going on the left orbit spinner.

DSC08538.JPGDSC08538.JPG

#3 10 years ago

Let's give SM some lovin!

Eww....

#4 10 years ago

Spiderman is probably my favorite Stern. The gameplay is phenomenal. I would love to own one of them Spiderman Blacks. Effin' Sweet!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have yet to get to superhero but put my best score up a few weeks ago. Completed 2 white modes and had the tripler going on the left orbit spinner.

Holy Hell . That is good .

#6 10 years ago

I'm maxed out at around 300 million. So I can't help you. I haven't figured out how to really score yet.

#7 10 years ago

Watch this if you want to come face to face with how much you may or may not suck at pinball.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's the secret to get Super Hero, I know, play better......
Just topped my Grand champion score, man I love this pin, my favorite right now with Woz after a long hiatus of not playing it. I sold my original and upgraded a little bit which if nothing else it got the old one out of the game room and the new one down into the man cave garage.
It's just about a perfect pin to me, but what the hell, they are all great in some way!

The secret is to always start a white mode when you can...if one isn't running, start one! The villains more or less happen on a good game. Take GG out during multiballs.

#9 10 years ago

SM is best played with lightning flippers. There, I said something positive about SM

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

DSC08538.JPG 164 KB

I cant wait til im forced to visit the in laws in Minnesota again so I can take a train to hulktown and destroy that score

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I cant wait til im forced to visit the in laws in Minnesota again so I can take a train to hulktown and destroy that score

I'd imagine Radical would keep you so busy you wouldnt even want to play spidey.

DSC08629.JPGDSC08629.JPG

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I'd imagine Radical would keep you so busy you wouldnt even want to play spidey.

DSC08629.JPG 199 KB

Radical! rofl, that actually looks pretty cool. too bad no one ever made a skate or die pin, that would be bad ass!

#13 10 years ago

SM is #1 for me. I have been within two or three flips of super hero numerous times, but always choke. With that constant failure in mind here is my advice. If you ever are ever having trouble with the venom side ramp use the ball savers on multiballs to spam Venom. Let the balls drain until ball saver ends and they just feed back up to the side flipper. If you're on your game you can get 5+ Venom shots in one Doc Oc mb start. Great way to get Venom started and completed if you find your Venom progress is behind other villains or modes.

#14 10 years ago

score_10141_1.jpgscore_10141_1.jpg

2nd level of Superhero completed - drained during 3rd.

My internal rule is 1 mode per multiball, as in, don't start a mb until you have a mode ready.

General strategy is use every multiball to reach the next one, DO NOT STACK, then work on villains only. Don't bother completing the modes, only starting them. Venom level 2, trap up on right flipper, repeatedly backhand the left ramp.

#15 10 years ago

My current GC score: 394,437,##

Owned the game for 6 moths now and I have NEVER finished all the white modes. A lot of the times I'll try ONLY to finish the white modes, but no luck. I find I get my best score by 2x or 3x the right ramp and hittin a couple balls up during Battle Royal.

I've tried to 3x the spinner and hammer on it for max high score... - No luck, that shit is hard!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from appeac:

2nd level of Superhero completed - drained during 3rd.
My internal rule is 1 mode per multiball, as in, don't start a mb until you have a mode ready.
General strategy is use every multiball to reach the next one, DO NOT STACK, then work on villains only. Don't bother completing the modes, only starting them. Venom level 2, trap up on right flipper, repeatedly backhand the left ramp.

score_10141_1.jpg 44 KB

That's my strategy for BR...During MB I try hammer on Green Goblin and every Venom shot I can take!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Watch this if you want to come face to face with how much you may or may not suck at pinball.
» YouTube video

I hit 980 million the other night with two extra balls set for score and extra ball set for the special. I was pretty disappointed coming so close to a billion. I did absolutely nothing on the superhero mode which was probably the worst I have ever done. Now that I went back and watched that video again, I think my goal will be to win Superhero because that 250 million will certainly put me well on my way to a billion.
If I ever get the billion and win Superhero I am going to go back to factory settings (no extra balls for score) with the exception that Special will still award an extra ball. Special is not very special to me in a HUO environment if all you get is a knock from a knocker.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

DSC08538.JPG 164 KB

Great score!!!....I've made 307 once, but generally can't get out of the 200m 's on my good games....crap

#19 10 years ago

2nd best stern after ACDC.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

DSC08538.JPG 164 KB

Great score Flank, I just put up a score right below that one for my GC

Holy crap DC.....1 Billion is my goal and you came so close...

I think you are right Smassa, SM and Ac/dc, a couple of notches above Lotr for me....

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hit 980 million the other night with two extra balls set for score and extra ball set for the special. I was pretty disappointed coming so close to a billion. I did absolutely nothing on the superhero mode which was probably the worst I have ever done. Now that I went back and watched that video again, I think my goal will be to win Superhero because that 250 million will certainly put me well on my way to a billion.
If I ever get the billion and win Superhero I am going to go back to factory settings (no extra balls for score) with the exception that Special will still award an extra ball. Special is not very special to me in a HUO environment if all you get is a knock from a knocker.

Crazy talk....amazing!!!....I guess I'll have to watch the video.....Hopefully, I'll still want to play after I see how bad I suck at it....

#22 10 years ago

I sold it to get ST. Big mistake. ST is now sold and I am moving into WOZ, but I tell ya, the minute a nice SM or SMB comes up, I am pouncing and will never let Spidey go again!!

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I sold it to get ST. Big mistake. ST is now sold and I am moving into WOZ, but I tell ya, the minute a nice SM or SMB comes up, I am pouncing and will never let Spidey go again!!

I did the opposite. Traded away a refinery ST pro for a SM + $$$. No regrets at all.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great score Flank, I just put up a score right below that one for my GC
Holy crap DC.....1 Billion is my goal and you came so close...
I think you are right Smassa, SM and Ac/dc, a couple of notches above Lotr for me....

I'm one of those weird guys that just doesn't get into LOTR ( currently shopping one I bought to either route or sell), and not into Band Pins, so Spidey easily fills my " need for speed" fix.....great game, never seem to get tired of it....

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Spidey and WOZ are a great pair, IMO .....Start w SM, gets my chops up for WOZ ( of course they both generally beat the hell out of me), and end the evening on my old faithful...TAF....great fun.....

#26 10 years ago

I've only owned Spidey for a few days but managed to put up a 460+ score once. This game is super fun but the scoring is really low! Kinda reminds me of Oz, I've had that for about 3 weeks and my best is 743k.

These 2 games will be the last to leave my collection, they are both so much fun to play and watch others play.

#27 10 years ago

I am in the market for a Spidey now. Damn fun pin!

#28 10 years ago

Hopefully someday I can love Spidey like you guys do!

spiderdick.jpgspiderdick.jpg
#29 10 years ago

It's on TNT right now ( episode 1).....I've got the set, but think I'll watch w commercials tonight.....

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Hopefully someday I can love Spidey like you guys do!

Not gonna ask if he can shoot a web from it.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Not gonna ask if he can shoot a web from it.

Either way Im sure its sticky.

#32 10 years ago

Does SM really need any lovin'? It's only number 8 in the Pinside top 100- haha. How about some lovin' for TRS or Avengers Pro? Now those are some games that could really use some lovin' from the community.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

2nd best stern after ACDC.

.....and Tron, and MET, and LOTR, and IM.

#34 10 years ago

I got to Super Hero once, then the game just got boring to me. It was starting to collect dust so I sold it, but I did have a lot of fun while I had it. My GC scoreimage-14.jpgimage-14.jpg

#35 10 years ago

I was afraid that beating SH would make me bored of the game too, but I have everything set fairly easy (ya right!). I think that WHEN i beat it, ill just open up the lanes or take out the center post to make it harder.

#36 10 years ago

Put your scores into the billions (plural) by having a good ball AFTER you finish superhero. Doubles all scores for the rest of the ball.

#37 10 years ago

How do you light Special?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

How do you light Special?

Beating all 4 villains 3 times each

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I got to Super Hero once, then the game just got boring to me. It was starting to collect dust so I sold it, but I did have a lot of fun while I had it. My GC score

image-14.jpg 226 KB

Fortunately, it won't get boring to me for a loooong time....average player, and fits well in my lineup.....just seeing SM 2 coming out in theaters is inspiring...the game seems to have stood the test of time, price wise too....

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Put your scores into the billions (plural) by having a good ball AFTER you finish superhero. Doubles all scores for the rest of the ball.

Certainly. Once Super Hero is won, it all breaks loose.

2x playfield coupled with 3x shots is where the monster points come in. Hard to master, but very satisfying when it happens.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Fortunately, it won't get boring to me for a loooong time....average player, and fits well in my lineup.....just seeing SM 2 coming out in theaters is inspiring...the game seems to have stood the test of time, price wise too....

I agree, good to have Spidey coming back out in the theaters, its an excellent pin in any lineup I think, especially for the average player because the shots are fairly easy.

Super Hero is attainable I think for me, not sure about Valinor…..

#42 10 years ago

One of the best pins of all time IMO. Great code and excellent layout made by some pinball legends not hard to see why so many love it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 25.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-give-sm-some-lovin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.