I picked up one of my grail pins this past Spring and have spent the summer restoring the cabinet and playfield. Now that it's back together in once piece, it's time to get her in proper mechanical shape. I've already solved half a dozen problems on my own, most of which were due to improper re-assembly, so I'm hoping that some of the other problems will be simple fixes as well.
Please note that I've adjusted and cleaned all the leaf switches and I've been following the schematic as best I can. Here's what I'm dealing with, in order of priority:
1. Upon booting up, the lights flash for half a second and the machine immediately goes into tilt mode. I don't think that's normal.
2. When I push the start button, the lights come on, the score reels (mostly) reset, the score motor turns and the ball kicks out. But the "advance ball counter" coil doesn't fire, so I have to reach in and advance it manually. After that, the targets, scoring and flippers work (mostly) and when I drain, the ball kicks back out but it stays on Ball 1. Before I replace the stepper coil, is there something I should check?
3. The tens reel advances properly but doesn't reset. Sometimes, it buzzes so badly that it shakes itself right out of its slot.
4. The blue pop bumpers don't fire. I can trigger them manually with the Bumper relay, but the ball won't trigger them. I remember this being a problem in the test games while making the deal. I'm sure I'll need to replace the coils, but aside from adjusting the leaf switches, is there something else I should look at?
5. Some of the bulb sockets are loose, causing the lights to flicker when bumped or not light at all. Is there an easy fix for that, aside from replacing the socket?
6. The flipper coils are buzzy and I know they'll need to be replaced.
That's all I can think of for now - let me know what I should be looking at. I can provide photos if you'd like to look at something specific. Thanks!