(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 275 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1110049 (resized).JPG
P1110050 (resized).JPG
P1110046 (resized).JPG
P1110044 (resized).JPG
P1110043 (resized).JPG
0EB1E5B6-1C6C-4B01-B2FA-257C1176C6BE (resized).jpeg
69C4B834-F9B7-4799-8D5E-5468C36C2F8F (resized).jpeg
IMG_4183 (resized).JPG
IMG_4184 (resized).JPG
IMG_4185 (resized).JPG
IMG_4187 (resized).JPG
IMG_4188 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
92EB9E65-A6AB-4BFC-BE35-581A4B2040E1 (resized).jpeg
CB6C1377-9505-4BAA-9732-F4A8A9C12F21 (resized).jpeg
6F13B502-BC42-400C-B356-BB408A09850E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tullster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago

I've owned and enjoyed this game since it came out, and am glad to see it's getting a little appreciation since the price has come down and people are finally admitting to getting one!

Quoted from o-din:

Stones seems like a fun enough game, but what turned me off was the list of songs. Is this something that can be addressed with the pinball browser?

Of course you can and this is a perfect game for it! The first song to go when I figured out the browser was "Start me up". Since then, I've changed others, and there are a few spots where songs can be added (mainly the fast scoring boogie that is almost a minute long). There's also little 3 - 5 second snippets where an actual Stones riff can be inserted instead of the "slightly off key & off tempo enough so we don't get sued" riff that's in there. The hard part is getting the volumes the same between all the songs. It's still a work in progress when I've got the time, but so far, so good.

Also, the first thing I did was paint those obnoxious screws on Mick & the other guys to match better.

trs 026.jpg

And add some extra spotlights with color changers in 'em.

trs 029.jpg
trs 030.jpg

And don't forget the wheelchair just in case!!

TRS Wheelchair 007.jpg

Also a red display and upgraded speakers too.

My favorite thing to go for is getting Super Rock Star. And I've been to Encore, but never Super Encore (Just a shot away... twice!!).

9 months later
#44 4 years ago

I loaded both pro & LE code into the browser to compare songs. Both seemed to have the same songs in them. I'm guessing the extra song or two are used in the LE only.

This is from playing a few games this morning and from memory. I'll update the list as I find out more.

Here's what is in the pro...

1st ball -Start me Up
2nd ball - Hand of Fate
3rd ball - Rain Fall Down
Game Over - She's So Cold
Records Mode Songs - Love is Strong, Mixed Emotions, Happy & It's Only Rock 'n Roll
Hang Fire Multiball - Shattered
Album Multiball - When the Whip Comes Down
Rock Star Multiball - Flick of the Switch
Encore - Hang Fire
I think Super Encore is Bitch, but not sure. I'll do some playin' in the next few days. Super Encore isn't as easy to reach as some people think, and I might need to cheat a little to find out!

Other than Bitch, the two other songs in the code are Brown Sugar and You Got Me Rockin'. Anyone with a LE care to try and find those?

And yes, callouts and short 5 second sounds can be customized. The generic riffs cannot be combined. The 21 second one is for Fast Scoring. I've got a Satisfaction loop in that one that sounds great. To me, it's cool that you can hear snippets of an entire Stones setlist in a 3 minute game!

10 months later
#120 3 years ago

Hey Buckaroo,
If I recall, the 3rd hole was used to mount the spotlight. I didn't like that and mounted mine to the standoff on the ramp. Don't forget that spotlight bulb looks like a 555 at first glance but is a 12 volt bulb.

July-Aug-Sept 2016 244 (resized).jpg

8 months later
#180 3 years ago

Getting the double Rock Star shots and completing Super Rock Star is fairly achievable and fun. Helps to have Starf#cker as the Rock Star Multiball song!

The first thing I did to mine was painting those obnoxious bolts on Mick and the rest of the band. Looks so much better and I'm surprised more owners don't do the same.

trs 026 (resized).jpg

2 years later
#236 5 months ago

It's been a long time, but if I recall correctly in the Pro, Shattered is the Hang Fire Multiball AND 1st Encore song. I think I changed it to Hang Fire with the browser, but haven't achieved either mode in a long time.

To get Hang fire Multiball, you need to complete all 4 Records modes. Meaning I think you need to complete then start at least a 2nd Record mode in one ball.

I need to re-read this thread or at least try to get some good games in tonight!

1 month later
#254 4 months ago

I've got Tickets for the Minneapolis show! 7th time since '78 and every time has been special. Going to try and stop at Lloyds too, so it'll be an epic weekend!!

3 months later
#265 42 days ago

And paint the screws while you’ve got it apart. Color changing leds look great too.

69C4B834-F9B7-4799-8D5E-5468C36C2F8F (resized).jpeg
#271 41 days ago

I’ve done a lot of trial and error and have found what works for me is frosted 2smd warm whites on the lower half and fast/slow color changer changers in areas of the upper playfield. Color changers in 9 spotlights and the playfield backboard. The only Led’s I have under the playfield are the Records & Play Records inserts, and only have 3 Led flashers for the Rock Star insert, Super Combo & Lip ramp.
0EB1E5B6-1C6C-4B01-B2FA-257C1176C6BE (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tullster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside