(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 389 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by Ive
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7061 (resized).png
IMG_7154 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9826 (resized).png
ROLLING STONES British PST (resized).jpg
Rolling Stones American flag PST (resized).jpg
555E23F2-FFB5-4DCB-85A0-CCBB87C7EE78 (resized).jpeg
4FBA8044-C426-4B87-B4B6-BEF755E1A5DE (resized).jpeg
20220610_225229 (resized).jpg
20220616_161229 (resized).jpg
289A4C89-9326-4172-9046-83C2DFC5F8EB (resized).png
BDA96D96-5F0B-4E06-B261-3DE0507FAF5E (resized).jpeg
9DD30719-6501-4BED-AC61-8B1DFBCA67A0 (resized).jpeg
7FFB37D6-47CF-4E68-9888-C7DA55AE60FB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Stones hanging out with Star Trek...

Two of the best pins with great flow.

The Rolling Stones LE is awesome. The double flippers really make it interesting and unique. It does take some getting used to the timing to use the pop ups effectively. The powerball with wide ramps is insanely fast. I am looking for some custom cards for my LE if anyone has done them?

2 years later
#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Looking for custom apron cards ??? Any links .....I'm sure I found some before with clearer/extra rules on but they seem to be eluding me now.

Yes I made a request to pinball boy and he created some, they turned out awesome!...

http://pinballboy.com/rulecards?tag=The+Rolling+Stones

2 months later
#154 7 years ago

Stern did not make 350 Rolling Stones LE's. When Stern does a production run they have a box of random numbers that the employees grab a numbered plaque from as the machines move down the line. They were not done in consecutive order. The rumor is that there are less than 100 LE's in the wild. I really like the LE with the extra flipper buttons to raise post (adds a whole new dimension to gameplay), powerball, and mirrored backglass. I would like to see the RS LE added to the machine data base so we can see how many pinsiders own one? It's a rare bird

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

....what role does the Powerball play in the LE ?? Does it change scoring

Yes double scoring, far from novelty. It makes RS LE the fastest pinball ever made-literally. Another cool thing is the shooter lane on LE. It has the metal prongs protruding into the shooter lane in order to recognize the powerball. It also makes for a really good shooter lane protector. It stays mint because of the metal. I actually wish Stern would implement something like it in all of their games to protect the shooter. They have started to add cliffy's to their current production games to save scoops, now it's time to save the shooter lane as well.

1 month later
#175 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Terribly underrated, either people hate the theme/band or they just don't know what they're missing.

Nice James, you and I seem to have very similar taste when it comes to games. If you like the Pro the LE will blow you away. The extra flipper buttons for pop up saves is awesome and takes some skill to anticipate the direction of the ball and react. I had a friend over the other day and he played three games on my LE before he realized what the extra flipper buttons were for. I explained how they work and he was blown away. Very under rated fun game.

4 years later
#303 2 years ago

Your LED's look good, but I am keeping mine all original and I actually prefer the incandescent glow with the classic Stones. I want to get another all original Elvis in my collection as well-I miss that game with incandescent bulbs. All the new games come with blinding LED's, so I want to preserve what is left with the older Sterns.

It is interesting how Stern's older games have a much lower scoring ratio compared to today's games. I brought this up in another thread but I think today's Stern's games score higher to help boost people's moral and help give players a sense of accomplishment. Games like WOF, Ripley's and RS score much lower than today's games. I love my RS LE and the unique pop-ups make the game play like no other game especially with power ball.

1 year later
#362 7 months ago

I am blown away that The Rolling Stones are still producing fantastic music at their age. Truly inspirational-always remember-If you don't use it-you lose it.

1 week later
#366 7 months ago

Someone just traded in a NIB RS LE to sell on second hand market for 13k

At first I thought that was a lot, but then I started to think about how loaded the RS LE is with chrome, mirrored bg, extra pop ups with ceramic power, and an iconic band. Compared to some modern day LE's it may not be too crazy.

I stole my RS LE. Bought it from some guy who just bought a home and it came with the home in the purchase. He did not know anything and I had to walk him through everything like taking the glass off, etc. It was such a good deal-I thought it was a scam but I got lucky on this one.

#368 7 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think roughly 350 were made so a true LE.

Stern used random numbered plaques on assembly line-there is no actual evidence but I do not believe all 350 were made and the actual number is much lower.

#371 7 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

I’d still like one but not even sure there are any in the UK ?

They are a rare bird for sure

Do you have a Pro now and would like to upgrade to LE? The LE with ceramic power and pop ups really is unique and it plays like no other game. Trying to time the pop ups and keep up adds a whole other dimension. The speed is mind boggling and compared to TZ it is lightning quick with open playfield and wide ramps. Monster fast speed and flow-I really like my LE.

2 months later
#383 4 months ago

Registered for presale tickets and now crossing my fingers

Enter your details to access the presale...

https://rollingstones.com/tour/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-get-stoned-the-rolling-stones-club?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.