(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 389 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Ive
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7061 (resized).png
IMG_7154 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9826 (resized).png
ROLLING STONES British PST (resized).jpg
Rolling Stones American flag PST (resized).jpg
555E23F2-FFB5-4DCB-85A0-CCBB87C7EE78 (resized).jpeg
4FBA8044-C426-4B87-B4B6-BEF755E1A5DE (resized).jpeg
20220610_225229 (resized).jpg
20220616_161229 (resized).jpg
289A4C89-9326-4172-9046-83C2DFC5F8EB (resized).png
BDA96D96-5F0B-4E06-B261-3DE0507FAF5E (resized).jpeg
9DD30719-6501-4BED-AC61-8B1DFBCA67A0 (resized).jpeg
7FFB37D6-47CF-4E68-9888-C7DA55AE60FB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

This might be a club of one....lol...but, I'm proud of my new Rolling Stones LE that showed up this week! Pinsider JC_Pins put his up for sale and I couldn't resist...thought it would fit right in with my Metallica & AC/DC...the "modern Stern music trio". I've only been playing it for a few nights, but I'm getting a hang of the rules...LOVE the combos. Does anyone know how many Record Modes you have to start to light up that Records insert?

Anyway, here are a few pics! Yay! Unwrapping it...updating it to the current code. I already started to tinker a bit & added a light underneath the center up-post! Gonna LED it, too...just placed an order with Comet!

Unwrapping.jpgUnwrapping.jpg Updating.jpgUpdating.jpg Postlight.jpgPostlight.jpg Postlight2.jpgPostlight2.jpg
#10 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Per his recommendation I put Flexi-fast LED color changers in the sockets behind the panel at the back of the machine. Just goes in line with par can lighting look of that plastic.

Oh cool, I just ordered some color changers from Comet to experiment with on that back panel - yeah, I thought it might look cool since the lights are behind the stage light plastic.

Quoted from DRDAVE:

Can I join if I have the old school Bally version from 1980? =)

Eh......I dunno...we might have to haze you and shit

Quoted from o-din:Since it is not an EM, I'm sure the OP wouldn't mind.

It's close enough lol

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Stones hanging out with Star Trek...

Ha! I sold my Star Trek LE over the weekend and replaced it with Stones LE! LE's with finished code ONLY from now on in my gameroom!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

STLE is on the way out and TRS LE is staying... It sounds like a pattern of behavior!
Brad

Mick may be a flat plastic, but he moves around like crazy! Damn Vengeance doesn't do that

#16 9 years ago

What do you have to do to get the Combo insert lit? I had every one lit but that. I think I had like 35 combos. Not sure If you need a certain amount or have to kill it with a certain number of combos in one chain.

Btw the records inserts are sooo much easier to see with leds. I barely noticed them otherwise. In one of the songs they're roaming around ...I love roaming shots.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

What more would you have liked to see out of it?

Well I think the whole reason TRS has a shitty reputation is it came out during Stern's "cheap" era...people didn't like Photoshop art, all the plastic & general lack of mechanical toys. While Iron Man and Tron got lots of love despite this, Stones, Avatar, BBH fell by the wayside. Sure, it would have been interesting to see some more creativity - would have been cool if the tongue was a ramp that moved up to reveal a lock or a shot. Elvis got a nice "animated" toy - would have been nice to see the band get that treatment instead of flat plastics....who knows. In any case - despite all the very valid complaints - it's just a really fun game to play! So, hopefully people will discover it and just enjoy it on its own merits.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Have to admit I'm weary of Ropp's rules. Only thing stopping me from from going TRS for now. I love outcast games...just not (anymore) when Ropp writes the rules.

It's not pure Lonnie. Lyman worked on it too - just like Tron and Iron Man. All of hide games have similar "fill the feature ladder" type rules. Simple, addicting, it all works. Not like the ode but no cigar "attempts at depth" like Avengers, Xmen, and ST.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I've never been too excited about this game...everything is just meh on it. It's definitely not as bad as it's rep though. It's decent, but that Mick on a stick has got to be a contender for most hilarious toy in a bad way. I mean...it's a moving target so that's cool (like drac on MB), but it just looks so terrible. I'm laughing while typing this it's so ridiculous. Who looked at that and thought "yeah, this is cool as the main toy of the game"?
And like Transformers where you bash Prime's nuts, why the eff are you bashing Mick's feet??? It's stupid.

Its totally stupid - but it's FUUUUUN. It's like having the BDK crane out at all times. It's cool when he's blocking a shot on purpose, you hit him to make him move...and then you have to hit the shot before he moves back. Yes, conceptually it's stupid but once you're playing who cares, it's Mick dancing around...it's funny. I just started dating a girl who's a huge Stones fan - she was SO EXCITED that I got this game...she thought it was the most amazing thing she's ever seen - even Mick on a stick! It's nice to have non-hobbyists over to play sometimes...they like stuff you don't even remotely expect.

#39 9 years ago

Argh I was just one shot away from Super Encore!!! The Records shot is lit - and Mick the Dick on a Stick BLOCKS it! You have to hit him, he moves out of the way momentarily...but if you don't make the shot, he moves back. I had the the powerball in play - which is harder to get control of IMO...couldn't make the shot in time before he moved back & eventually blew it! Arghghghgh....oh well, I'm sure I'll see Super Encore before I see Valinor!

2 years later
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Kind of funny seeing this thread on the top. I was at a flea market today and saw this "deck". It's got the art on both sides but there are no Stern marks anywhere. It also looked a little small but it's been awhile since I saw a bare playfield.
Is this a fake?

That's weird. Maybe it was a test print? None of the holes are cut ...the inserts are all wood.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-get-stoned-the-rolling-stones-club?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.