(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 389 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by Ive
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7061 (resized).png
IMG_7154 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9826 (resized).png
ROLLING STONES British PST (resized).jpg
Rolling Stones American flag PST (resized).jpg
555E23F2-FFB5-4DCB-85A0-CCBB87C7EE78 (resized).jpeg
4FBA8044-C426-4B87-B4B6-BEF755E1A5DE (resized).jpeg
20220610_225229 (resized).jpg
20220616_161229 (resized).jpg
289A4C89-9326-4172-9046-83C2DFC5F8EB (resized).png
BDA96D96-5F0B-4E06-B261-3DE0507FAF5E (resized).jpeg
9DD30719-6501-4BED-AC61-8B1DFBCA67A0 (resized).jpeg
7FFB37D6-47CF-4E68-9888-C7DA55AE60FB (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gatecrasher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 9 years ago

The game play is decent but I want a Stern Stones mainly for the theme. The rock themed pins are worth as much for being rock memorabilia as they are for pinball machines.

If you are a Stones freak (like I am) any pin featuring the Rolling Stones is on the "short list" of must-have machines.

Even though there are better "players" out there, I'd rather have the Stones theme.

1 year later
#66 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Not sure how many of you saw my conversion of stones to iron maiden. It's almost done now. The game is fun but the art and music were the reason for me to not want to keep it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rolling-stones-to-iron-maiden-project

image_(resized).jpeg

Changed it from the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band In The World to Iron Maiden? I saw your thread as I'm sure most on here did.

If you think Iron Maiden is a better band than the Stones you are certainly entitled to your opinion but it sounds more like you are just trying to troll a bit in this thread. Some people like Justin Bieber better than the Stones too. To each his own.

It's your machine and you can do what you like with it. It does look nice but it's the same game underneath so you didn't change a "turd" as you called it into anything else other than a re-themed Rolling Stones pin. If in your opinion it was a "turd" as the Stones, it's still a turd as an Iron Maiden.

As for myself, I'm in the market for a Stern Stones machine in the not-to-distant future to place next to my 1980 Bally Rolling Stones. I think they are both highly-collectable pins and pretty-good players too. They are both at the top of my list because of the Rolling Stones theme.

I wouldn't be opposed to Iron Maiden having their own pin someday though. It might be a decent seller. I don't think I would pay thousands of dollars for one but I'm sure there are some out there that might.

But anyway, your project looks cool I have to give you that. You did a pretty-good job but I'd much rather have a Stones pin because of the theme.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

For those with the Vintage Bally machine how do you all like it and other than a quick little satisfaction riff does it do any other song related sounds?

My Stones machine is a "keeper" and one of the most-prized in my personal collection. It's a highly sought-after Bally SS pins and one of the original rock-themed pins. Like the Bally Kiss pin, it's value goes beyond that of a pinball machine. It's an iconic piece of Rock memorabilia and part of Rock history.

There are only three song-related tunes as far as I can recall.

1) It does a few second riff from "Satisfaction".
2) It does a different shorter riff from what sounds like the end of the song "Jumpin' Jack flash" with like crowd applause.
3) When you press the start button it does a short riff from "Miss You".

That's it I think.

1280x720_(resized).png1280x720_(resized).png

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Gatecrasher: based on your avatar why do you not own Elvis? It's such an awesome playfield layout and design but the theme just killed it for me and it wasn't generic enough for a conversion. I'd think that game would be a shoe in for you.

I never really wanted that one. Of all the rock-themed pins the Stones would be #1 for me but I would take a Metallica, Rush, AC/DC, New Kiss or any of the others if I had the room and money to burn on them.

BTW: The Rolling Stones are all in their 70s except for Ron Wood who is 66. The guys from Iron Maiden are all 60ish.

2 months later
#89 7 years ago

If anyone has an unmolested Stern Rolling Stones for sale let me know.

I'm in the market for one to place next to my Bally Rolling Stones.

10 months later
#134 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

On a different note, anyone ever see a nice topper for the stones? Some sort of light up tongue would be cool.

With all the Rolling Stones memorabilia that's been made for the past 50+ years there is no shortage of stuff you could use as a topper.

Probably more than you could ever hope to find for any other pinball title.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Good Stuff, they had some interesting ideas.
I still to this day think this is a under appreciated game. The ranking on pinside is ridiculous. Yes it helps if your a fan of the Stones but I find a lot of the people I have over seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

I agree. It's an awesome game and an awesome piece of rock history.

Most of the so-called rankings on forums like this are not to be taken seriously. Most come from idiots and trolls who have some kind of juvenile agenda.

When it's all said and done, this pin along with the original Bally version will be worth a lot of coin compared to most others.

There's a reason there are two Rolling Stones pinball machines while most bands don't even warrant having one made.

2 months later
#183 6 years ago

Released as a single on today's date 1968........

3277546572_023788c00e_b (resized).jpg3277546572_023788c00e_b (resized).jpg

Some interesting trivia about the song was that it evolved out of the Beggar's Banquet recording sessions but is not included on the album. It was released as a single only and became one of the most iconic Stones tunes of all-time reaching number 1 on the UK charts and number 3 in the United States.

It didn't appear on an album until it was included on the greatest hits compilation "Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2)" a year later.

The promo video included in the link above is considered to be one of the best ever made and inspired a generation of Stones fans!

Awesome!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gatecrasher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-get-stoned-the-rolling-stones-club?tu=Gatecrasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.