(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 389 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Ive
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7061 (resized).png
IMG_7154 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9826 (resized).png
ROLLING STONES British PST (resized).jpg
Rolling Stones American flag PST (resized).jpg
555E23F2-FFB5-4DCB-85A0-CCBB87C7EE78 (resized).jpeg
4FBA8044-C426-4B87-B4B6-BEF755E1A5DE (resized).jpeg
20220610_225229 (resized).jpg
20220616_161229 (resized).jpg
289A4C89-9326-4172-9046-83C2DFC5F8EB (resized).png
BDA96D96-5F0B-4E06-B261-3DE0507FAF5E (resized).jpeg
9DD30719-6501-4BED-AC61-8B1DFBCA67A0 (resized).jpeg
7FFB37D6-47CF-4E68-9888-C7DA55AE60FB (resized).jpeg
There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 1 year ago

I'm looking for one if anyone is selling....

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

Pretty quiet in here ….. any new owners / fans of Mick and his Stick joined the club ?

I don’t think there’s much churn on this title; they probably didn’t make a ton, and you don’t see it for sale too often. I think most of them ended up in Stones fans’ basements and are staying there for the foreseeable future.

I don’t exactly love it but I have no desire to move mine. It’s the stones!!

#353 1 year ago

Need to get the color dmd folks to do this game, got some nice dot animations.

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think there’s much churn on this title; they probably didn’t make a ton, and you don’t see it for sale too often. I think most of them ended up in Stones fans’ basements and are staying there for the foreseeable future.
I don’t exactly love it but I have no desire to move mine. It’s the stones!!

It's flawed ... but I still love it If you like the Stones of course that helps, and adding your own choice of tracks in is a must. Lacking some polish / finishing up in places - no flipper hold info is criminal on this game.

3 months later
#355 9 months ago

Ive got a couple of new translite options available. Pm if interested.

ROLLING STONES British PST (resized).jpgROLLING STONES British PST (resized).jpgRolling Stones American flag PST (resized).jpgRolling Stones American flag PST (resized).jpg
#357 9 months ago

Sorry dude these are awful. They just don’t match the rest of the game. And they are really silly.

Why does everything have to a cartoon character?

#358 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They just don’t match the rest of the game. And they are really silly.

Thats the point. The factory one is awful. These are more fun like pinball should be. Art is subjective, so if you dont like them that's cool.

#359 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thats the point. The factory one is awful. These are more fun like pinball should be. Art is subjective, so if you dont like them that's cool.

Why does Charlie look like Rodney Dangerfield?!

And Ronnie Wood looks my Aunt Shirley!

1 month later
#360 7 months ago

New album coming next week, new track teaser sounds pretty good.

IMG_9826 (resized).pngIMG_9826 (resized).png

#361 7 months ago

I have a TRS I'd sell in NW Indiana. HUO, currently showing 1,460 lifetime plays. Full LEDs, immaculate.

#362 7 months ago

I am blown away that The Rolling Stones are still producing fantastic music at their age. Truly inspirational-always remember-If you don't use it-you lose it.

#363 7 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am blown away that The Rolling Stones are still producing fantastic music at their age. Truly inspirational-always remember-If you don't use it-you lose it.

Yeah it’s pretty amazing and really dig the song and video.

There is actually 1 track on album with Watts on drums and Wyman on Bass.

Looking forward to the release and hopefully another tour!

#364 7 months ago
Quoted from GNStevens:

I have a TRS I'd sell in NW Indiana. HUO, currently showing 1,460 lifetime plays. Full LEDs, immaculate.

Great pinsider, buy with confidence!

#365 7 months ago

Interview with Fallon pretty darn funny

https://www.youtube.com/live/NSzJhzfDtS4

1 week later
#366 7 months ago

Someone just traded in a NIB RS LE to sell on second hand market for 13k

At first I thought that was a lot, but then I started to think about how loaded the RS LE is with chrome, mirrored bg, extra pop ups with ceramic power, and an iconic band. Compared to some modern day LE's it may not be too crazy.

I stole my RS LE. Bought it from some guy who just bought a home and it came with the home in the purchase. He did not know anything and I had to walk him through everything like taking the glass off, etc. It was such a good deal-I thought it was a scam but I got lucky on this one.

#367 7 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

At first I thought that was a lot, but then I started to think about how loaded the RS LE is with chrome, mirrored bg, extra pop ups with ceramic power, and an iconic band. Compared to some modern day LE's it may not be too crazy.
I stole my RS LE. Bought it from some guy who just bought a home and it came with the home in the purchase. He did not know anything and I had to walk him through everything like taking the glass off, etc. It was such a good deal-I thought it was a scam but I got lucky on this one.

I saw this too, crazy that a NIB was still out there. LE is the way to go, has magnets in PF and a extra song or two compared to the regular version. I think roughly 350 were made so a true LE.

#368 7 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think roughly 350 were made so a true LE.

Stern used random numbered plaques on assembly line-there is no actual evidence but I do not believe all 350 were made and the actual number is much lower.

#369 7 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern used random numbered plaques on assembly line-there is no actual evidence but I do not believe all 350 were made and the actual number is much lower.

Years back Stern sold a bunch of extra LE playfields, so the potential of all 350 not being made does not surprise me. Pretty good deal too, I believe--under $200? I have one hanging on my wall.

#370 7 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hmmm , I’m not sure I’d call the LE ‘loaded’ Some trim upgrades and then a few features , all seen before, which seem to have just been added randomly. Almost like they had to find something to throw on it to justify it.

A Powerball , which just seemed a nod to TZ for reasons known only to Stern . But nowhere near as well implemented. They also used this on the Avatar LE.

The Pop Up player controlled save posts , bringing back a feature that was used on UK
Stern games in the 00s (ridiculous gaming machine laws at the time here ) . Deeply unpopular with players , and so unloved many home owners retro remove them now.

And some under playfield magnets.

I’ve always thought the one massive trick they missed was to have the Tongue moving up/down.

I’d still like one but not even sure there are any in the UK ? Despite being an iconic British band , the game is generally unloved here . I am def in the minority

#371 7 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

I’d still like one but not even sure there are any in the UK ?

They are a rare bird for sure

Do you have a Pro now and would like to upgrade to LE? The LE with ceramic power and pop ups really is unique and it plays like no other game. Trying to time the pop ups and keep up adds a whole other dimension. The speed is mind boggling and compared to TZ it is lightning quick with open playfield and wide ramps. Monster fast speed and flow-I really like my LE.

#372 7 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

They are a rare bird for sure
Do you have a Pro now and would like to upgrade to LE? The LE with ceramic power and pop ups really is unique and it plays like no other game. Trying to time the pop ups and keep up adds a whole other dimension. The speed is mind boggling and compared to TZ it is lightning quick with open playfield and wide ramps. Monster fast speed and flow-I really like my LE.

I wouldn’t mind having one , even if realistically unlikely to find one in the UK anyway - but it’s basically the same game as the Pro but with a Powerball thrown in the mix , and pop up posts which historically I haven’t cared for .

Still love playing my Pro. Custom Stones music, various mods. It’s odd - for a game with such a basic fan layout , it still keeps my interest after a good few years of owning.

#373 7 months ago

Duplicate post

#374 7 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

I wouldn’t mind having one , and realistically unlikely to find one in the UK anyway - but it’s basically the same game as the Pro but with a Powerball thrown in the mix , and pop up posts which historically I haven’t cared for .
Still love playing my Pro. It’s odd - for a game with such a basic fan layout , it still keeps my interest after a good few years of owning.

I think it’s a combination of things that makes me like it. One being a big Stones fan but it’s fast, good flow, geometry seems good as all shots feel fine, Mick dancing around requires you to have some control as it’s lightning fast at times. Music is great and even better if you use PB to add some war horse tracks.

Sometimes less is more and if you have several games they don’t all need to be an ass kicking grind to play. Rule set is straight forward but enough of a challenge that I’ve only gotten to the end a couple times.

Now if we can just get a color dmd to put it over the top! Game would look great colorized, some nice dots.

1 week later
#375 6 months ago

Hey guys, need a little help if someone doesn’t mind. Trying to figure out where this hanging coil under my Rolling Stones (stern) belongs? Maybe if someone could share a shot of under their playfield? Need to know where it goes and what wires should look like. Thanks so much!
Side note, F10 fuse keeps blowing on startup and think this could be the reason.

IMG_7071 (resized).jpegIMG_7071 (resized).jpeg
#376 6 months ago
Quoted from Goferkid:

Hey guys, need a little help if someone doesn’t mind. Trying to figure out where this hanging coil under my Rolling Stones (stern) belongs? Maybe if someone could share a shot of under their playfield?

IMG_1412 (resized).jpegIMG_1412 (resized).jpeg
#377 6 months ago
Quoted from jtaudio:

[quoted image]

Aww geez, it’s the auto plunger… thanks so much!

1 week later
#378 6 months ago

Sad to say Mick has now left the building

Out of the blue a trade came up I fancied and worked well for both of us .

It was a fun 8 years and he’s gone to a good home .

#379 6 months ago
Quoted from Goferkid:

Aww geez, it’s the auto plunger… thanks so much!

Alright, so the F10 fuse (low current solenoid fuse) is blowing only when I have both the right and left Mick Motor Relays plugged in. If I have just one or the other plugged in, fuse doesn’t blow… anyone else have this happen??

IMG_7061 (resized).pngIMG_7061 (resized).pngIMG_7154 (resized).jpegIMG_7154 (resized).jpegIMG_7156 (resized).jpegIMG_7156 (resized).jpeg
#380 6 months ago
Quoted from Goferkid:

Alright, so the F10 fuse (low current solenoid fuse) is blowing only when I have both the right and left Mick Motor Relays plugged in. If I have just one or the other plugged in, fuse doesn’t blow… anyone else have this happen??
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If anyone’s curious, it ended up being the mick motor behind the relays that is shorted.
Still searching for why none of the coils are firing though despite trying swapping the driver board with a good one. If anyone has any ideas. All coils getting good voltage.

#381 6 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

Sad to say Mick has now left the building

DUDE don't say shit like that. I was about to head to the NY Times obit section...

#382 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DUDE don't say shit like that. I was about to head to the NY Times obit section...

Sorry about that , perhaps I could have phrased it better

Happy to report Mick is alive and kicking / hoping for a tour next year and the new album is getting great advance reviews

1 month later
#383 4 months ago

Registered for presale tickets and now crossing my fingers

Enter your details to access the presale...

https://rollingstones.com/tour/

#384 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:Registered for presale tickets and now crossing my fingers
Enter your details to access the presale...
https://rollingstones.com/tour/

Same here, can’t wait!

Now if we can just get a color dmd for this game.

#385 4 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Same here, can’t wait!
Now if we can just get a color dmd for this game.

Well I sadly just traded mine so the way things usually work ColorDMD will be along any day

#386 4 months ago

Edited duplicate

1 week later
#387 4 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

Well I sadly just traded mine so the way things usually work ColorDMD will be along any day

This is the only game in my lineup with no color display. I asked Randy P. at ColorDMD if this was on the horizon, and he said that “it’s not an active title in development but could be one we take on in the future”. So I have my fingers crossed.

#388 4 months ago
Quoted from Jaxpins:

“it’s not an active title in development but could be one we take on in the future”.

Well this sucks, the game needs to get colorized. Can’t be many Stern games left.

Come on color dmd folks let’s get them game done!

3 months later
#389 34 days ago

Well 3 months on since I traded my Stones ….and I really miss Mick and his stick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-get-stoned-the-rolling-stones-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.