(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 389 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Ive
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7061 (resized).png
IMG_7154 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9826 (resized).png
ROLLING STONES British PST (resized).jpg
Rolling Stones American flag PST (resized).jpg
555E23F2-FFB5-4DCB-85A0-CCBB87C7EE78 (resized).jpeg
4FBA8044-C426-4B87-B4B6-BEF755E1A5DE (resized).jpeg
20220610_225229 (resized).jpg
20220616_161229 (resized).jpg
289A4C89-9326-4172-9046-83C2DFC5F8EB (resized).png
BDA96D96-5F0B-4E06-B261-3DE0507FAF5E (resized).jpeg
9DD30719-6501-4BED-AC61-8B1DFBCA67A0 (resized).jpeg
7FFB37D6-47CF-4E68-9888-C7DA55AE60FB (resized).jpeg
There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 2 years ago

Well three games after changing over to LED I had the mother of all games and beat super encore!

That was a lot of fun.

0E83AFC1-FF78-4626-92B9-407A825178CE (resized).jpeg0E83AFC1-FF78-4626-92B9-407A825178CE (resized).jpeg
#302 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well three games after changing over to LED I had the mother of all games and beat super encore!
That was a lot of fun.[quoted image]

Wow. Good work. My highest is still around 170.

#303 2 years ago

Your LED's look good, but I am keeping mine all original and I actually prefer the incandescent glow with the classic Stones. I want to get another all original Elvis in my collection as well-I miss that game with incandescent bulbs. All the new games come with blinding LED's, so I want to preserve what is left with the older Sterns.

It is interesting how Stern's older games have a much lower scoring ratio compared to today's games. I brought this up in another thread but I think today's Stern's games score higher to help boost people's moral and help give players a sense of accomplishment. Games like WOF, Ripley's and RS score much lower than today's games. I love my RS LE and the unique pop-ups make the game play like no other game especially with power ball.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got around do installing Leds, what a difference. Went with Comet Sunlights for all the GI.
If we can just get a damn color dmd now!
[quoted image]

Looks great. I would still recommend swapping those horrible flat amp plastics for decent solid replica amps I have done both of mine since these photos were taken.

2b014c3b9b15b81d3678b274da09cccb05bc6482 (resized).jpg2b014c3b9b15b81d3678b274da09cccb05bc6482 (resized).jpg9094820a1042b494da25a1aa9d1dc0cc66de2e41 (resized).jpg9094820a1042b494da25a1aa9d1dc0cc66de2e41 (resized).jpg
#305 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:Your LED's look good, but I am keeping mine all original and I actually prefer the incandescent glow with the classic Stones. I want to get another all original Elvis in my collection as well-I miss that game with incandescent bulbs. All the new games come with blinding LED's, so I want to preserve what is left with the older Sterns.
It is interesting how Stern's older games have a much lower scoring ratio compared to today's games. I brought this up in another thread but I think today's Stern's games score higher to help boost people's moral and help give players a sense of accomplishment. Games like WOF, Ripley's and RS score much lower than today's games. I love my RS LE and the unique pop-ups make the game play like no other game especially with power ball.

I do prefer the incandescent glow as well but it is such a dark game. Everyone we have over always commented on it.

I put that score up after the bulb switch literally 3 games after. I think it as to do with better visibility allowing better timing to the required shots.

The big plus to the LEDs is it makes the pf art pop more.

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Looks great. I would still recommend swapping those horrible flat amp plastics for decent solid replica amps I have done both of mine since these photos were taken.[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get those amps?

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

McFarlane Kiss figures - search eBay etc

02CCD24C-C21F-4005-859C-58AC66C96B72 (resized).jpeg02CCD24C-C21F-4005-859C-58AC66C96B72 (resized).jpeg
#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Those amps are easy to create.
Search Pictures, print them in the right size, look for a package in the right size (cirarettes, medicine), put black velvet on all side and the picture on the front.

So i did on Kiss.

w (resized).JPGw (resized).JPG
#309 2 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

Those amps are easy to create.
Search Pictures, print them in the right size, look for a package in the right size (cirarettes, medicine), put black velvet on all side and the picture on the front.
So i did on Kiss.
[quoted image]

That's one way of doing it I guess

2 weeks later
#310 2 years ago

I just got my Rolling Stones LE about a month ago. I love it. Plays fast and it’s hard to score on but I’m sure I will figure it out!!! Does anyone know if there is a topper made for this pin? Please let me know if any ideas.

#311 2 years ago

Introducing my new 3D Rolling Stones flipper toppers. Please PM if interested in purchasing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127223

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#312 2 years ago

Anyone have a stones machine for sale in Maryland? Or within a cpl hr drive? Thanks Mìke

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from BigMike:

I just got my Rolling Stones LE about a month ago. I love it. Plays fast and it’s hard to score on but I’m sure I will figure it out!!! Does anyone know if there is a topper made for this pin? Please let me know if any ideas.

Welcome to the club. The Stones is fast and furious fun . Get your head around the rule set and you’ll soon start working out some good scoring strategies . There is a another thread on Pinside discussing scoring I believe.

Never seen a topper for it.

#314 2 years ago

Here’s my topper. They’re Licks Tour Bobbleheads. I’ve got them mounted to a base with a led light strip for illumination. Search ebay or wherever for Rolling Stones Figurines. It took me quite a while to find a set at a reasonable price.

They work really well but I want to eventually enclose them in plexiglass to keep the dust off. Also give them a backdrop and do something flashy with the lighting.
DAA37067-BDA7-4FCF-B416-19A61CF099F5 (resized).jpegDAA37067-BDA7-4FCF-B416-19A61CF099F5 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#315 2 years ago

Still looking for a nice stones pin somewhere near Maryland

2 weeks later
#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I never really wanted that one. Of all the rock-themed pins the Stones would be #1 for me but I would take a Metallica, Rush, AC/DC, New Kiss or any of the others if I had the room and money to burn on them.
BTW: The Rolling Stones are all in their 70s except for Ron Wood who is 66. The guys from Iron Maiden are all 60ish.

#317 2 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find the red tongue that fits in the speaker grills? I know modfather sells the screen with the imprint on it but that is not my cup of tea. Thanks

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

Does anyone know where I can find the red tongue that fits in the speaker grills? I know modfather sells the screen with the imprint on it but that is not my cup of tea. Thanks

I had mine custom made . Then lit with red LED strip .Not seen them for sale anywhere
9744481E-E832-46B0-84A2-3D065B6CC7B3 (resized).jpeg9744481E-E832-46B0-84A2-3D065B6CC7B3 (resized).jpeg

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I had mine custom made . Then lit with red LED strip .Not seen them for sale anywhere
[quoted image]

WOW just WOW!!! Do you know who made them for you?

#320 2 years ago

WOW just WOW!!! Do you know who made them for you?

A pinball guy I know ,about 5 years ago. At the time he was making speaker inserts and lighting kits just for the uk pin community. Unfortunately due to change circumstances he no longer offers them.
I think if you approached any of the other insert makers out there , they may well be able to make something similar .

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

A pinball guy I know ,about 5 years ago. At the time he was making speaker inserts and lighting kits just for the uk pin community. Unfortunately due to change circumstances he no longer offers them.
I think if you approached any of the other insert makers out there , they may well be able to make something similar .

Ok thanks

1 month later
#322 2 years ago

Someone left a copy of Sticky Fingers on the amp

7FFB37D6-47CF-4E68-9888-C7DA55AE60FB (resized).jpeg7FFB37D6-47CF-4E68-9888-C7DA55AE60FB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#323 2 years ago

Anyone with an LE want to try my updated code? My friend was tired of the unknown songs on the LE, so I updated the latest code with the following songs:

Honky Tonk Woman
Beast of Burden
Gimme Shelter
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
Jumpin Jack Flash
Miss You
Under my Thumb
Sympathy for the Devil

Like to code:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17nMGQwiWke4SL1opznzX7ELQ8czCnyLy/view?usp=sharing

If you like, please let me know. Code will be up for a couple days. Thanks.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Is anyone willing to share their Song changing code they created in Pinball Browser? I am not computer savvy, but would like to hear different songs on the game. Thanks in advance

See my link above. Thanks.

1 week later
#325 2 years ago

Big shout out and a thank you to Doug from speakerlightkits.com for creating an acrylic tongue for my RS!!!! Here are a few pics

289A4C89-9326-4172-9046-83C2DFC5F8EB (resized).png289A4C89-9326-4172-9046-83C2DFC5F8EB (resized).png9DD30719-6501-4BED-AC61-8B1DFBCA67A0 (resized).jpeg9DD30719-6501-4BED-AC61-8B1DFBCA67A0 (resized).jpegBDA96D96-5F0B-4E06-B261-3DE0507FAF5E (resized).jpegBDA96D96-5F0B-4E06-B261-3DE0507FAF5E (resized).jpeg
#326 2 years ago

Big shout out and a thank you to Doug from speakerlightkits.com for creating an acrylic tongue for my RS!!!! Here are a few pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you got some sorted ✊

2 weeks later
#327 1 year ago

I’m temporarily in the club! I temp-traded my AS Pro for TRS Pro, for 5 months. This game is really fun! It shoots and flows great. I hope 5 months is long to fully appreciate it. Best score so far is around 37M.

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m temporarily in the club! I temp-traded my AS Pro for TRS Pro, for 5 months. This game is really fun! It shoots and flows great. I hope 5 months is long to fully appreciate it. Best score so far is around 37M.

Welcome aboard - way underrated game IMO ! Scoring can be tough on TRS - stacking into the multi balls is key to start racking up some big points .If you want some custom sound code I switched in some classic Stones tracks , let me know .

1 week later
#329 1 year ago

does anyone know who makes Stones toppers besides CPR?

1 week later
#330 1 year ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

does anyone know who makes Stones toppers besides CPR?

Not seen any others

#331 1 year ago

The thread bump made me think to mention to fellow Stones fans that the new release of "Live at the El Mocambo 1977" is outstanding.

#332 1 year ago

If we could only get a color dmd already!

#333 1 year ago

Hadn’t seen this TNT before. Lighting the tongue is a good idea that I may explore. Not sure Mick needs a lamp though

They still missed a trick with no moving tongue - seems like the single most obvious toy If only they were doing the theme now and not back in the wilderness years

1 month later
#334 1 year ago

Any bally owners? Before/after of my restore

20220616_161229 (resized).jpg20220616_161229 (resized).jpg20220610_225229 (resized).jpg20220610_225229 (resized).jpg
#335 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Any bally owners? Before/after of my restore
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Overlay?

I've been working on mine off-and-on for about a year. I'm at the point now that I just need to put everything back together.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Looks good. Overlay?
I've been working on mine off-and-on for about a year. I'm at the point now that I just need to put everything back together.

Hey how are you! Yes overlay, but getting clear coated so it'll take 3+ months now....at least I don't have to purchase anymore right now for this project

2 months later
#337 1 year ago

Finally got a proper topper and it’s sweet!

I recommend if he has any left. He built a few.

4FBA8044-C426-4B87-B4B6-BEF755E1A5DE (resized).jpeg4FBA8044-C426-4B87-B4B6-BEF755E1A5DE (resized).jpeg555E23F2-FFB5-4DCB-85A0-CCBB87C7EE78 (resized).jpeg555E23F2-FFB5-4DCB-85A0-CCBB87C7EE78 (resized).jpeg
#338 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally got a proper topper and it’s sweet!
I recommend if he has any left. He built a few.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where are these from ?

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

Where are these from ?

eBay, guy made 10 I think. Not sure if he lists them all at once.

4 weeks later
#340 1 year ago

A friend's wife put me in charge trying to find one for his upcoming 55th birthday (Dec 12) ....I've read that this title is a dog, but I'll try to find one in the wild and play it myself....anyone know what that is so? What can I expect $$$-wise for her to pay? This will likely be a PRO as he's not really a pinball guy (yet!).

#341 1 year ago

It’s not exactly a “dog,” it’s just a bit half baked. The layout is average. The code could have used some work to make it a better game for tournaments, competitive pinball etc. the menu adjustments and status Check are super bare bones - just has that “fuck it let’s move on” feel to it. I’m guess your friend the stones fan won’t care about that.

I like the game. It helps if you like the stones or course. It’s the only game I have in my apartment.

You won’t find one cheap. They don’t come up for sale much, I don’t think they made a ton and there many bolted to the floor of stones’ fans basements.

For a pro, id guess you are in the 5.5- 6k range these days, with LEs in the 7-8 range.

Like I said, they don’t come up much.

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s not exactly a “dog,” it’s just a bit half baked. The code could have used some work to make it a better game for tournaments, competitive pinball etc. I’m guess your friend the stones fan won’t care about that.
I like the game. It helps if you like the stones or course. It’s the only game I have in my apartment.
You won’t find one cheap. They don’t come up for sale much, I don’t think they made a ton and there many bolted to the floor of stones’ fans basements.
For a pro, id guess you are in the 5.5- 6k range these days, with LEs in the 7-8 range.

Thanks Levi, I certainly appreciate the input! Yea, he's not a pin guy, but he IS a RS freak so that helps...

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Thanks Levi, I certainly appreciate the input! Yea, he's not a pin guy, but he IS a RS freak so that helps...

It’s a very underrated game and if there are some must have songs he likes it’s a pretty easy swap if you have pinball browser.

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s a very underrated game and if there are some must have songs he likes it’s a pretty easy swap if you have pinball browser.

The main problem with the layout is the super drainy left orbit or pop return. Some people get annoyed by mick but that’s part of the game.

The main problem with the rules are the wildly imbalanced modes. You can pretty easily score 50 million in only rock and roll. You can score 200 million in it with your multipliers lit!! No other mode comes close.

The shot multipliers are also WAY too hard to get (the ball just doesn’t go up to the lanes very often), and it absolutely sucks that not only do you lose your multipliers between balls (and there’s no option to keep them in settings), you lose your LANE progress between balls. Which again, makes getting an actual shot multiplier - which makes the game way more
Fun - very unlikely.

It’s just a game that could have used more time in the oven and especially
More flexibility in the settings to make the game more fun.

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The main problem with the layout is the super drainy left orbit or pop return. Some people get annoyed by mick but that’s part of the game.
The main problem with the rules are the wildly imbalanced modes. You can pretty easily score 50 million in only rock and roll. You can score 200 million in it with your multipliers lit!! No other mode comes close.
The shot multipliers are also WAY too hard to get (the ball just doesn’t go up to the lanes very often), and it absolutely sucks that not only do you lose your multipliers between balls (and there’s no option to keep them in settings), you lose your LANE progress between balls. Which again, makes getting an actual shot multiplier - which makes the game way more
Fun - very unlikely.
It’s just a game that could have used more time in the oven and especially
More flexibility in the settings to make the game more fun.

I’m a Stones fan so mine is bolted but I find it to be an enjoyable shooter with pretty good flow and fairly simple to understand for the casual player.
If the above mentioned guy isn’t a pinhead these issues won’t apply.

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m a Stones fan so mine is bolted but I find it to be an enjoyable shooter with pretty good flow and fairly simple to understand for the casual player.
If the above mentioned guy isn’t a pinhead these issues won’t apply.

Yeah I’d agree.

I think you can tell I’ve played a TON of stones so I’ve got pretty well formed opinions on what’s good and what’s bad about the game. And would could have been better.

I’ll always have a soft spot for the game, I won PAPA C on it in 2016 in my first big tournament.

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll always have a soft spot for the game, I won PAPA C on it in 2016 in my first big tournament.

Yeah that’s pretty cool and definitely adds to the sentimental value of keeping it. Plus the LE is pretty rare, not event sure they made all 350. Truly is a LE. I find the additional features to be a nice touch too.

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's Only Rock 'n Roll is definitely super valuable. I'm sure you've done it already, but in case not, if you set the game to competition mode, it'll always be the fourth records song. At that point it's tough to get to and I feel the reward is more justified, as you've probably already had a pretty good game by that point. A lot of machines I've played don't have competition mode set, so records songs are dished out randomly and sometimes you'll get it first or second at which point, yeah, it's heavily unbalanced.

Super Combos has always been huge for me. The left orbit feed has never been a problem, and I've found this has been one of the best machines for loop passing, so I'll basically backhand the right ramp, go middle ramp after, right orbit, loop pass, then rinse and repeat. All of my biggest games were heavy on Super Combos (with a mix of Happy, if I milk it properly, then It's Only Rock 'n Roll near the end if I manage to make it that far).

I do wish it was easier to light the shot doublers, but if you're playing a lot of multiball (between playing album at least twice, Rock Star at least once and milking those free add-a-balls, then Records multiball), there are enough opportunities to get at least a few lit. I've had the roving tripler multiple times, so it's not impossible. If Super Combos or Happy is your goal, then you really only need one on the center ramp. One of the orbits feeds the top lanes too as there is a diverter up there, good to keep in mind if you only need one more top lane to light the multiplier.

#349 1 year ago
Quoted from akm:

It's Only Rock 'n Roll is definitely super valuable. I'm sure you've done it already, but in case not, if you set the game to competition mode, it'll always be the fourth records song.

Yeah, I've done that before. Not a great solution as it makes the game super boring playing the same modes in the same order every single game. A MUCH better "competition setting" would have been to keep the modes and mode order random, but make it the same for each player in a multiplayer game.

like I said, almost everything about this game could be improved with just a little tweak here or there. Which of course will never happen.

Yes, Super Combos is fun and always a good goal once you get rolling. Of course...once you have Super Combos lit it's one less way to get the lanes up top since it opens up the right orbit.

4 months later
#350 1 year ago

Pretty quiet in here ….. any new owners / fans of Mick and his Stick joined the club ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-get-stoned-the-rolling-stones-club/page/7?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.