(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 389 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Ive
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7061 (resized).png
IMG_7154 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9826 (resized).png
ROLLING STONES British PST (resized).jpg
Rolling Stones American flag PST (resized).jpg
555E23F2-FFB5-4DCB-85A0-CCBB87C7EE78 (resized).jpeg
4FBA8044-C426-4B87-B4B6-BEF755E1A5DE (resized).jpeg
20220610_225229 (resized).jpg
20220616_161229 (resized).jpg
289A4C89-9326-4172-9046-83C2DFC5F8EB (resized).png
BDA96D96-5F0B-4E06-B261-3DE0507FAF5E (resized).jpeg
9DD30719-6501-4BED-AC61-8B1DFBCA67A0 (resized).jpeg
7FFB37D6-47CF-4E68-9888-C7DA55AE60FB (resized).jpeg
There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 5 years ago

Has anyone fitted a Stern Shaker motor to their Pro ??

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Has anyone fitted a Stern Shaker motor to their Pro ??

I have one on my LE, don’t see why it would be different than a pro.

Integrates very well to the game

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have one on my LE, don’t see why it would be different than a pro.
Integrates very well to the game

That's good to hear.

Any examples of when it kicks in ?

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

That's good to hear.
Any examples of when it kicks in ?

Pretty sure it goes off with most of the targets including Mick and when lit shots are hit.

Different shots seem to generate varying intensities from the shaker, I like the effect it gives and it isn’t over the top with how much it goes off.

6 months later
#205 5 years ago

Joined the club fuckers!
#24 out of 350.

They really make 350 of
These things?

Hopefully disabling those ball save posts is an option that doesn’t require wire cutters.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Joined the club fuckers!
#24 out of 350.
They really make 350 of
These things?
Hopefully disabling those ball save posts is an option that doesn’t require wire cutters.

Pretty sure there is a setting for that although it does add a interesting wrinkle to the game trying to use them.

Highly underrated game..welcome to the club!

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Joined the club fuckers!
#24 out of 350.
They really make 350 of
These things?

I have #119 and is a really nice example with low plays. Fun game especially for new to pinball folks.

#208 5 years ago

Boomy!

B73BC416-0657-47A1-9767-2CE03682B751 (resized).jpegB73BC416-0657-47A1-9767-2CE03682B751 (resized).jpeg304B3D44-753C-4891-99A0-44DA918283F5 (resized).jpeg304B3D44-753C-4891-99A0-44DA918283F5 (resized).jpeg6F13B502-BC42-400C-B356-BB408A09850E (resized).jpeg6F13B502-BC42-400C-B356-BB408A09850E (resized).jpegCB6C1377-9505-4BAA-9732-F4A8A9C12F21 (resized).jpegCB6C1377-9505-4BAA-9732-F4A8A9C12F21 (resized).jpeg
#210 5 years ago

Do all of the LEs have Gary's sig or did I just get "lucky?"

For a second I thought maybe it was Mick's sig!

92EB9E65-A6AB-4BFC-BE35-581A4B2040E1 (resized).jpeg92EB9E65-A6AB-4BFC-BE35-581A4B2040E1 (resized).jpeg
#211 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Joined the club fuckers!
#24 out of 350.
They really make 350 of
These things?

I'd honestly be curious to know how many they did make. A few years back Stern was selling NOS LE playfields cheap. Makes me wonder if all 350 were actually built.

Regarding the ball save posts, yes, there is a software setting to disable them. You can disable the under-playfield magnets too via a setting (highly recommended if you want to try to get to the wizard mode. I only left them on when I enabled the outlane posts).

One tweak I made on my LE is dismounting the second shooter lane switch. The Pro model does not have this. On the LE, once the ball hits the second switch, ball save kicks in immediately and that limits some of the fun exploits you can take advantage of on the Pro model (i.e., short-plunging and picking off free Rockstar targets without activating ball save).

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do all of the LEs have Gary's sig or did I just get "lucky?"
For a second I thought maybe it was Mick's sig![quoted image]

When I had a LE a few years back, I don't remember Gary's sig being on it.

#212 4 years ago

So what high scores are people hitting on this ?

I seem to have stalled around the 170 million mark

#213 4 years ago

My best is somewhere around 350, I believe (no post saves). Though, that was probably with a couple extra balls.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from akm:

My best is somewhere around 350, I believe (no post saves). Though, that was probably with a couple extra balls.

Wow. I have a target !

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Wow. I have a target !

Do it! Wreck those Super Combos.

#216 4 years ago

My best is 170 million on 3 ball play and 1 extra ball. This is deceptively a tough game.

Anyone else think this thing would really rock with a color dmd?

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My best is 170 million on 3 ball play and 1 extra ball. This is deceptively a tough game.
Anyone else think this thing would really rock with a color dmd?

Everything looks better with a color DMD but it's not really a game with fantastic animations. Most of them are just words.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everything looks better with a color DMD but it's not really a game with fantastic animations. Most of them are just words.

I’ve had this game for quite a while and if you get deep some cool album art from each album featured in the game, band images, planes, trucks, city skylines, Stones liicks animations etc...

I think there is plenty, is it AC/DC or Metallica content no but still plenty to be colorized.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve had this game for quite a while and if you get deep some cool album art from each album featured in the game, band images, planes, trucks, city skylines, Stones liicks animations etc...
I think there is plenty, is it AC/DC or Metallica content no but still plenty to be colorized.

That's true

I can't really look up at the screen every time I do I lose the ball.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

So what high scores are people hitting on this ?
I seem to have stalled around the 170 million mark

On mine I got only 132 million but I have extra balls turned off, tight tilt, and no rubbers on out lanes.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's true
I can't really look up at the screen every time I do I lose the ball.

Yeah, game is a blur and even more so with that powerball!

#222 4 years ago

Yeah, the animations weren't very well fleshed out, probably just a result of the game not being popular and not getting many updates. There are some nice ones in there still, particularly getting into Rock Star Multiball, or seeing the Super Combos fire, or the stuff on World Tour, but much of the rest consists of static images or text. ColorDMD doesn't seem like a necessity to me on this one. AC/DC and Metallica on the other hand are highly animated, making the add-on more effective.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah - I love seeing the Albums coming up when you are collecting them in Album/Mick multiball

8 months later
#224 4 years ago

Thought I would post this flyer, pretty rare and hard to find, the European version flyer, just recently added to the database:

https://nypinball.com/flyers/rolling-stones-the/

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Thought I would post this flyer, pretty rare and hard to find, the European version flyer, just recently added to the database:
https://nypinball.com/flyers/rolling-stones-the/

ooooh very nice. Not seen that one. thanks for posting.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

On the LE there is one extra song. All the info I read says advertises brown sugar and bitch being two of the 13-14 songs and sure enough they are in the code. In fact bitch is in the code two times.
Is it perhaps part of the encore mode or super encore and nobody knows since anyone seldomly gets there?

It's not in encore. I've never made super encore. Must be there.

I've also never understood why when you enter Encore, the screen says "Hang Fire" but it plays something else.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've also never understood why when you enter Encore, the screen says "Hang Fire" but it plays something else.

Isn't that the Records multiball mode ? Still odd - as you say its called 'Hang Fire' but then plays 'Shattered'

Great mode though !

1 week later
#228 4 years ago

Yeah, some of the song names in the game are mixed up.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Yeah, some of the song names in the game are mixed up.

I haven’t noticed this on my LE, what songs are not correct?

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven’t noticed this on my LE, what songs are not correct?

Look at the post above mine.

Was the same on both the Pro and LE's I owned, if I recall correctly.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Look at the post above mine.
Was the same on both the Pro and LE's I owned, if I recall correctly.

I saw that post but on my machine I’ve head hang fire play but not shattered so scratching my head.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I saw that post but on my machine I’ve head hang fire play but not shattered so scratching my head.

Maybe I'm confused

I'm gonna go play mine and recheck

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Maybe I'm confused
I'm gonna go play mine and recheck

Pretty sure Shattered is the super encore song but I’ve never made it that far. Hang fire should be encore and I have made it to that mode and it played.

So the question was really that the LE is supposed to have one extra track over the standard machine and what/where is it?

The other irregularity is if you open sound files in pinball browser there are two full length songs not used from what I can tell, Bitch and Brown Sugar.

#234 4 years ago

When you get Encore, it says "Hang Fire" on the screen but for some reason plays Shattered, which the narrator tells us "Mick wrote in the back of a taxi cab!"

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When you get Encore, it says "Hang Fire" on the screen but for some reason plays Shattered, which the narrator tells us "Mick wrote in the back of a taxi cab!"

That is the correct factoid for Shattered so the display effect is called incorrectly saying Hang Fire.

#236 4 years ago

It's been a long time, but if I recall correctly in the Pro, Shattered is the Hang Fire Multiball AND 1st Encore song. I think I changed it to Hang Fire with the browser, but haven't achieved either mode in a long time.

To get Hang fire Multiball, you need to complete all 4 Records modes. Meaning I think you need to complete then start at least a 2nd Record mode in one ball.

I need to re-read this thread or at least try to get some good games in tonight!

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

It's been a long time, but if I recall correctly in the Pro, Shattered is the Hang Fire Multiball AND 1st Encore song. I think I changed it to Hang Fire with the browser, but haven't achieved either mode in a long time.
To get Hang fire Multiball, you need to complete all 4 Records modes. Meaning I think you need to complete then start at least a 2nd Record mode in one ball.
I need to re-read this thread or at least try to get some good games in tonight!

Records / Hang Fire (Shattered !) Multiball is qualified by collecting 25 records (factory setting) from any of the record modes. I didn't think you had to play ALL the record modes. I'm sure you can collect all the records on one mode and it will light Records Multiball.

This screen grab taken from Martins write up on Pinball News. He was reviewing with early code though. https://www.pinballnews.com/games/rollingstones/index4b.html
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#238 4 years ago

So this is a bit confusing, on the LE can someone tell me when the song hang fire actually plays?
I know I’ve heard it a few times and could have sworn it was tied to achieving one of the encore modes but maybe it was a multiball?

#239 4 years ago

So I just confirmed that records multiball does play shattered and displays hang fire.

Hang fire plays during encore and if you complete all the targets get to super encore.

What is the super encore song?

I never got there and thought it was shattered since I’ve never completed the 25 records.

#240 4 years ago

I've never gotten super encore. I really don't remember what plays during Encore. I think it's respectable maybe?

I was confusing Records multiball with Encore.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've never gotten super encore. I really don't remember what plays during Encore. I think it's respectable maybe?
I was confusing Records multiball with Encore.

Encore is definitely hang fire, I just played it.

Drained on the first shot trying to get to super encore, lol

I think I’m going to pull the glass off and cheat to see because it’s a bitch to get that far.

I’ll report back

#242 4 years ago

Well, it’s a little anticlimactic.

You get into encore and hang fire plays, need to hit all the lit shots for super encore. Hit the shots and it’s over.
No mode, no additional music and the scoring really wasn’t crazy.

So gets me thinking, they obviously paid to have these two extra songs in the code to use and chose not to. They are there though, could this be unfinished code? Bitch is one of the songs and would be appropriate for the mode since it’s a real bitch to get to it.

Maybe we should inundate Stern with emails, blast from the past code update!

On another note, while I was cheating my way through the game it is really evident that color dmd would be awesome. There are some nice animations.

1 week later
#243 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, it’s a little anticlimactic.
You get into encore and hang fire plays, need to hit all the lit shots for super encore. Hit the shots and it’s over.
No mode, no additional music and the scoring really wasn’t crazy.
So gets me thinking, they obviously paid to have these two extra songs in the code to use and chose not to. They are there though, could this be unfinished code? Bitch is one of the songs and would be appropriate for the mode since it’s a real bitch to get to it.
Maybe we should inundate Stern with emails, blast from the past code update!
On another note, while I was cheating my way through the game it is really evident that color dmd would be awesome. There are some nice animations.

Did you have ALL the modes completed / inserts flashing ? According to Pinball News writeup that is the requirement to getting Super Encore...quoted below . It must be there , Martin reviewed it !

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/rollingstones/index4b.html

The Rolling Stone's wizard mode, Encore, is split into two sections and which parts you get to play depends on how well you've done so far.

The first section is just plain 'Encore' and this is what you play if you don't have all the feature ladder inserts flashing. However, if you do have them all flashing, you still get to play Encore but when you've completed it you go into Encore Multiball.

If you had none or only some of the inserts flashing, when you finish Encore the lit and flashing inserts stay as they were. Your only option then is to get them all flashing by playing the features again. If you manage to get them all flashing, you skip Encore (since you've already played it) and go straight into Encore Multiball.

When you've finished playing Encore Multiball, the feature inserts all go out and you're effectively back at the start of the game (except you have a rather better score).

So that's how the logic works. Let's take a look at the two modes themselves.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Did you have ALL the modes completed / inserts flashing ? According to Pinball News writeup that is the requirement to getting Super Encore...quoted below . It must be there , Martin reviewed it !
https://www.pinballnews.com/games/rollingstones/index4b.html
The Rolling Stone's wizard mode, Encore, is split into two sections and which parts you get to play depends on how well you've done so far.
The first section is just plain 'Encore' and this is what you play if you don't have all the feature ladder inserts flashing. However, if you do have them all flashing, you still get to play Encore but when you've completed it you go into Encore Multiball.
If you had none or only some of the inserts flashing, when you finish Encore the lit and flashing inserts stay as they were. Your only option then is to get them all flashing by playing the features again. If you manage to get them all flashing, you skip Encore (since you've already played it) and go straight into Encore Multiball.
When you've finished playing Encore Multiball, the feature inserts all go out and you're effectively back at the start of the game (except you have a rather better score).
So that's how the logic works. Let's take a look at the two modes themselves.

Pretty sure they were all lit and the screen did say super encore. I obviously did this with glass off but can try again. Seemed odd to me and the encore mode did change to say complete all the shots for super encore.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty sure they were all lit and the screen did say super encore. I obviously did this with glass off but can try again. Seemed odd to me and the encore mode did change to say complete all the shots for super encore.

I will 'glass' off my Pro this weekend and see what it does. I have only had Encore a few times and never had Super Encore.

#246 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I will 'glass' off my Pro this weekend and see what it does. I have only had Encore a few times and never had Super Encore.

OK - glass off and I confirmed it.

It is as the Pinball News review - having all the modes COMPLETED, and therefore FLASHING, allows you to advance to Encore Multiball, after hitting all the required shots in Encore (good luck with that)

The disappointing news is that Hang Fire just continues playing for Encore Multiball. No different music. I played through hitting all the shots again, therefore completing Encore Multiball , and it just relights the shots and continues the multiball.

Shame but lets be honest ...how many players are ever going to reach Encore Multiball !?! I doubt I ever will. Its tough enough to get Album Multiball completed in a game, without then completing every other mode, then hitting a crazy number of shots during Encore.

One thing to note is DO NOT leave Records as the last mode you need to complete - to complete it you need to start Records Multiball and nail at least one Records lane jackpot. If you do leave it till last ....on collection of the required number of records it will light the Play Records lane (chase lights on inserts indicate it is ready) but instead of this starting Records Multiball , giving you a chance to complete it, it will actually start Encore as you have qualified by collecting all the records.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

OK - glass off and I confirmed it.
It is as the Pinball News review - having all the modes COMPLETED, and therefore FLASHING, allows you to advance to Encore Multiball, after hitting all the required shots in Encore (good luck with that)
The disappointing news is that Hang Fire just continues playing for Encore Multiball. No different music. I played through hitting all the shots again, therefore completing Encore Multiball , and it just relights the shots and continues the multiball.
Shame but lets be honest ...how many players are ever going to reach Encore Multiball !?! I doubt I ever will. Its tough enough to get Album Multiball completed in a game, without then completing every other mode, then hitting a crazy number of shots during Encore.
One thing to note is DO NOT leave Records as the last mode you need to complete - to complete it you need to start Records Multiball and nail at least one Records lane jackpot. If you do leave it till last ....on collection of the required number of records it will light the Play Records lane (chase lights on inserts indicate it is ready) but instead of this starting Records Multiball , giving you a chance to complete it, it will actually start Encore as you have qualified by collecting all the records.

Understood for encore but the big question mark that I didn’t quite figure out when I had the glass off and maybe you made a typo is that after encore/encore multiball is the super encore mode that is displayed “super encore” but doesn’t seem to do anything from what I could tell.

Did you confirm this or is this a LE only feature?

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Understood for encore but the big question mark that I didn’t quite figure out when I had the glass off and maybe you made a typo is that after encore/encore multiball is the super encore mode that is displayed “super encore” but doesn’t seem to do anything from what I could tell.
Did you confirm this or is this a LE only feature?

The way I read it was that Super Encore was just the payoff reward shot to finish Encore and Encore Multiball (if you reach that) ?? You made that shot and were rewarded xx millions.

Maybe I'll do it again tomorrow now I am more familiar with it.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I did it once on my Pro.

That's one of the cool things about getting to it though--the difficulty of it means it's something special. Kind of like getting to Do or Die Multiball on Iron Man. The key is finishing album. The rest aren't too bad.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I did it once on my Pro.
That's one of the cool things about getting to it though--the difficulty of it means it's something special. Kind of like getting to Do or Die Multiball on Iron Man. The key is finishing album. The rest aren't too bad.

Yep. I can often finish album. And I can often finish the other modes. But doing it all in the same game is the bit I struggle with

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-get-stoned-the-rolling-stones-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.