(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 275 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 days ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1110049 (resized).JPG
P1110050 (resized).JPG
P1110046 (resized).JPG
P1110044 (resized).JPG
P1110043 (resized).JPG
0EB1E5B6-1C6C-4B01-B2FA-257C1176C6BE (resized).jpeg
69C4B834-F9B7-4799-8D5E-5468C36C2F8F (resized).jpeg
IMG_4183 (resized).JPG
IMG_4184 (resized).JPG
IMG_4185 (resized).JPG
IMG_4187 (resized).JPG
IMG_4188 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
92EB9E65-A6AB-4BFC-BE35-581A4B2040E1 (resized).jpeg
CB6C1377-9505-4BAA-9732-F4A8A9C12F21 (resized).jpeg
6F13B502-BC42-400C-B356-BB408A09850E (resized).jpeg

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Kind of funny seeing this thread on the top. I was at a flea market today and saw this "deck". It's got the art on both sides but there are no Stern marks anywhere. It also looked a little small but it's been awhile since I saw a bare playfield.
Is this a fake?

That's weird. Maybe it was a test print? None of the holes are cut ...the inserts are all wood.

#152 3 years ago

Yep must be an artwork test. Looks like the final artwork though.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I'd assume with the LEs they made most of them (I have 308 out of 350). I have heard people say that might not be true though.
For the Pro, I have heard people speculate it's something along the lines of the 24 machine, maybe 500. Judging by how few ever pop up for sale, I'd believe it.

Just found this thread I am proud to say your 308 TRSLE has found a forever home as I missed mime and e joy tje Pro but wanted those extra LE features back that missing on the pro version.

#154 3 years ago

Stern did not make 350 Rolling Stones LE's. When Stern does a production run they have a box of random numbers that the employees grab a numbered plaque from as the machines move down the line. They were not done in consecutive order. The rumor is that there are less than 100 LE's in the wild. I really like the LE with the extra flipper buttons to raise post (adds a whole new dimension to gameplay), powerball, and mirrored backglass. I would like to see the RS LE added to the machine data base so we can see how many pinsiders own one? It's a rare bird

#155 3 years ago

just for fun...

My cerebellum was destroyed by a stroke and three brain surgeries. Every f ing day I have to try to push myself to rehab exertion, in order to hope to improve. I'm working on it.

My cerebellum is half dead fully. The other half can pick up the slack through nueroplasticity but that is sketchy. The time frames involved in recovery are mostly very long-years.

Now this song here has been motivating me the last couple days.

Can't you hear me knocking.

Wake up brain!

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern did not make 350 Rolling Stones LE's. When Stern does a production run they have a box of random numbers that the employees grab a numbered plaque from as the machines move down the line. They were not done in consecutive order. The rumor is that there are less than 100 LE's in the wild. I really like the LE with the extra flipper buttons to raise post (adds a whole new dimension to gameplay), powerball, and mirrored backglass. I would like to see the RS LE added to the machine data base so we can see how many pinsiders own one? It's a rare bird

It's funny because here in the UK those 'skill posts' are generally despised on machines. We were unfortunate enough in the early 2000's to have a ridiculous gambling law here which meant most Stern machines for the UK market at that time had skill posts. These were often disabled by operators anyway because they make the game waaaaaay too easy, so was all kind of pointless.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/ukposts.html

The knock on effect for the collectors market now is that people will for example pay a premium for a LOTR/Elvis etc without skill posts.

One question ....what role does the Powerball play in the LE ?? Does it change scoring, have a purpose like TZ ? Or is it purely a novelty ball.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

....what role does the Powerball play in the LE ?? Does it change scoring

Yes double scoring, far from novelty. It makes RS LE the fastest pinball ever made-literally. Another cool thing is the shooter lane on LE. It has the metal prongs protruding into the shooter lane in order to recognize the powerball. It also makes for a really good shooter lane protector. It stays mint because of the metal. I actually wish Stern would implement something like it in all of their games to protect the shooter. They have started to add cliffy's to their current production games to save scoops, now it's time to save the shooter lane as well.

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

just for fun...
My cerebellum was destroyed by a stroke and three brain surgeries. Every f ing day I have to try to push myself to rehab exertion, in order to hope to improve. I'm working on it.
My cerebellum is half dead fully. The other half can pick up the slack through nueroplasticity but that is sketchy. The time frames involved in recovery are mostly very long-years.
Now this song here has been motivating me the last couple days.
Can't you hear me knocking.
Wake up brain!
» YouTube video

That is a great song and is one I added to the machine using the pinball browser.

Good luck with your recovery!

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes double scoring, far from novelty. It makes RS LE the fastest pinball ever made-literally. Another cool thing is the shooter lane on LE. It has the metal prongs protruding into the shooter lane in order to recognize the powerball. It also makes for a really good shooter lane protector. It stays mint because of the metal. I actually wish Stern would implement something like it in all of their games to protect the shooter. They have started to add cliffy's to their current production games to save scoops, now it's time to save the shooter lane as well.

Agreed, that powerball is so fast it is blurry! You can really rack some points up with everything being 2x scoring and if it is in play during multi ball or with stacked modes it really piles up!

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Have no idea how many are in the wild but mine is #278 of 350 according to my plaque/certificate.

I think the LE should have its own rating as well and would probably score much better.

From an appearance perspective it is definitely a nice looking machine with the chrome and mirrored back glass and the plAy is different with the powerball and raised post option.

This is without a doubt a top 100 game and it is laughable that it is ranked where it is.

One of the reasons and prime examples of why I take these ratings with a grain of salt.

#161 3 years ago

Thanks akm ...........I only just found this video. Good job

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

» YouTube video

That appeared to not have a powerball in the video unless I didn't watch close enough.

I saw shattered get played and also hang fire for mini encore but super encore was never activated from what I watched, that is where the extra song should be located(you got me rockin)

The other big added feature of the LE that often gets overlooked is the magnets which are active during multiball and it gets pretty crazy.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That appeared to not have a powerball in the video unless I didn't watch close enough.
I saw shattered get played and also hang fire for mini encore but super encore was never activated from what I watched, that is where the extra song should be located(you got me rockin)
The other big added feature of the LE that often gets overlooked is the magnets which are active during multiball and it gets pretty crazy.

I think he says at the start that even though it's an LE he has basically reverted it to a Pro for the video...so guessing Powerball removed.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I think he says at the start that even though it's an LE he has basically reverted it to a Pro for the video...so guessing Powerball removed.

your right, I now remember seeing the part about posts being deactivated.

If I get a chance I will try to take the glass off and activate the super encore. All I know is that in my best game getting to encore I heard hang fire but didn't get to shattered even though it said records complete. Maybe I didn't get the 25 records that I thought was mentioned on pinball news review?

I'm betting super encore is where this extra song is.

Does the pro have two encore modes like the LE?

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

y
I'm betting super encore is where this extra song is.
Does the pro have two encore modes like the LE?

Yes it does. Encore (for lighting all modes, inserts solid lit) ) and Encore Multiball (for COMPLETING all modes, all inserts flashing)

I have never achieved Encore Multiball. When I get a minute I'll take the glass off and make it so....

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

» YouTube video

Nice!

Quoted from Psw757:

your right, I now remember seeing the part about posts being deactivated.
If I get a chance I will try to take the glass off and activate the super encore. All I know is that in my best game getting to encore I heard hang fire but didn't get to shattered even though it said records complete. Maybe I didn't get the 25 records that I thought was mentioned on pinball news review?

10 records lights the insert ("Records Collected" is what the callout should be), then 25 *and* getting a Super Jackpot in Records Multiball is what completes it (makes it flashing).

Quoted from Ive:

Yep, I disabled the posts and magnets (software settings) and took out the power ball. The posts as you said make the game too easy, yet the stock pro is hard enough as it is, and so the magnets add an added, unnecessary element of randomness. I enjoyed turning them on here and there, but for the most part I preferred to play it like the Pro model.

Thing about the powerball is that it will not detect it unless it's the first ball that pops out at the start of a new ball. So, even if it kicks out during a multiball, the game is unaware that it happened. It's a shame because the lit up apron looks awesome when it's in play, you see it light up so rarely though as a result.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Just found this thread I am proud to say your 308 TRSLE has found a forever home as I missed mime and e joy tje Pro but wanted those extra LE features back that missing on the pro version.

Man, I wish I didn't sell it. In hindsight, I could have gotten by without parting with it, but in the moment it seemed like the only thing I could do. Sorry you missed out on it, but I'm glad it made it to a good home regardless.

#168 3 years ago

It's interesting that these don't show up for sale very often for how often it gets ragged on. Seems to me the people that own them tend to enjoy them.

I heard they sold a fair amount of pro but unsure on the official LE number.

We should hit the pinside folks up for splitting the pro/Le for rankings since every other machine has been handled this way.

#169 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm all for splitting them in the rankings. One reason for me is the scores for both machines are lumped together, and that at least should definitely be separated.

#170 3 years ago

Time to start pestering the Color DMD folks to throw us a bone, I think this would be a fantastic add to this machine.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Time to start pestering the Color DMD folks to throw us a bone, I think this would be a fantastic add to this machine.

It's mainly about availability to the main colorists. If they don't have access or interest it won't happen soon. I'm sure it's pretty low on the list because of the number of games owned.

1 month later
#172 3 years ago

Just picked up one of these Pro's at Allentown. I was looking for either this or Xmen and couldn't resist when I found this one for (i think) a fair price, as it was on my ''Yeah, I'll definitely take one if the price is right'' kind of games.

It's loaded up, shaker, pinbit protectors, blue apron, leds, side art blades, flipper fidelity speaker kit, man this thing thumps. I've been playing it non stop since it came home and I can tell when a game has that something, for me this game has it.

Terribly underrated, either people hate the theme/band or they just don't know what they're missing. I LOVE the shot layout, the combos and the way you have to work each shot to complete your items. This spreads you around the playfield and there is never a moment when you don't have something to shoot for.

This is also not an easy game! My lanes are open wide, and I've managed ''Encore'' a few times, but set up like this, I can't really imagine getting all the inserts flashing for ''Super Encore'' so I may put them back to stock to help on some of these side drains. The sounds are friggin mint, I love some of the sounds they've put in like ''Rock Star Multiball'' The shot to start it is great and the jackpot call out sounds beastly.
A few surprises along the way too, like ''Shattered Multiball'' with the hair raising jackpot smashing glass sounds. Ropp/Lyman code, and I think it's fantastic!

Just a super good machine. Like I said, I know a great game when I play one and this is one of them. I hope to keep it forever. Hard game to find now as well.
I think the people that dogged (or dog) this game have not played one set up well or they don't know what they're doing in regards to the rulesheet. Really a shame this game is buried in their catalog and off of people's radar. Their loss I guess.

18222295_10155168522788529_2157914644975679731_n (resized).jpg
18301086_10155168522863529_1152864878419377544_n (resized).jpg
18275167_10155168522903529_8039029474619056263_n (resized).jpg

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Just picked up one of these Pro's at Allentown. I was looking for either this or Xmen and couldn't resist when I found this one for (i think) a fair price, as it was on my ''Yeah, I'll definitely take one if the price is right'' kind of games.
It's loaded up, shaker, pinbit protectors, blue apron, leds, side art blades, flipper fidelity speaker kit, man this thing thumps. I've been playing it non stop since it came home and I can tell when a game has that something, for me this game has it.
Terribly underrated, either people hate the theme/band or they just don't know what they're missing. I LOVE the shot layout, the combos and the way you have to work each shot to complete your items. This spreads you around the playfield and there is never a moment when you don't have something to shoot for.
This is also not an easy game! My lanes are open wide, and I've managed ''Encore'' a few times, but set up like this, I can't really imagine getting all the inserts flashing for ''Super Encore'' so I may put them back to stock to help on some of these side drains. The sounds are friggin mint, I love some of the sounds they've put in like ''Rock Star Multiball'' The shot to start it is great and the jackpot call out sounds beastly.
A few surprises along the way too, like ''Shattered Multiball'' with the hair raising jackpot smashing glass sounds. Ropp/Lyman code, and I think it's fantastic!
Just a super good machine. Like I said, I know a great game when I play one and this is one of them. I hope to keep it forever. Hard game to find now as well.
I think the people that dogged (or dog) this game have not played one set up well or they don't know what they're doing in regards to the rulesheet. Really a shame this game is buried in their catalog and off of people's radar. Their loss I guess.

I agree, give it a good rating on pinside. Hard to believe it is in the 300's.

I wonder where previous owner got those side blades with all the album art? Pretty sweet, I want a set!

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree, give it a good rating on pinside. Hard to believe it is in the 300's.
I wonder where previous owner got those side blades with all the album art? Pretty sweet, I want a set!

I bought those from a vendor at pinfest! I think they're Pingrafix? I'll have to double check, but they were good dudes and I love them. Super easy to install.

#175 3 years ago

Terribly underrated, either people hate the theme/band or they just don't know what they're missing.

Nice James, you and I seem to have very similar taste when it comes to games. If you like the Pro the LE will blow you away. The extra flipper buttons for pop up saves is awesome and takes some skill to anticipate the direction of the ball and react. I had a friend over the other day and he played three games on my LE before he realized what the extra flipper buttons were for. I explained how they work and he was blown away. Very under rated fun game.

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Nice James, you and I seem to have very similar taste when it comes to games. If you like the Pro the LE will blow you away. The extra flipper buttons for pop up saves is awesome and takes some skill to anticipate the direction of the ball and react. I had a friend over the other day and he played three games on my LE before he realized what the extra flipper buttons were for. I explained how they work and he was blown away. Very under rated fun game.

If you can find a LE grab it.

Don't forget it has playfield magnets,power ball and I think 1-2 extra songs. Mirror back glass is a beauty as well.

If we could only get a color dmd made!

#177 3 years ago

I bought those from a vendor at pinfest! I think they're Pingrafix? I'll have to double check, but they were good dudes and I love them. Super easy to install.

Let me know, I checked out the pingrafix site and didn't see them. I guess I could always give them a call.

#178 3 years ago

I would personally move the outlanes back to stock settings. Opening them wide makes it a drain monster, and it's already a very drainy game to begin with.

TRS is a really fun game and one of my personal favorites. Like you, I think a lot of the hate comes from people that, A) aren't very good at pinball, or B) don't know what they are doing in the game. Lots of flow, good risk versus reward, solid music, great sound effects package, difficult to achieve wizard modes. It's the full realization of the older Avatar/Iron Man/NBA type of ruleset and it has more gameplay-wise than any of those as a result.

As far as Super Encore, even with stock settings (outlanes, software), you probably won't make it to it. Album Multiball for me was usually my brick wall. You have to hit Mick six times to light your shots, then you have to make all six shots. Then, Mick blocks a target. You have to hit Mick to move the target, then hit the Rock Star standup behind it. Afterwards, add-a-ball kicks in, and you have to hit Mick a whopping twenty times. Only then will the insert be flashing.

It's one of those types of things where if I can't get Album Multiball knocked out right away, I give up on Encore Multiball. Still, there's other higher level things to get to, like Record Multiball, Encore, and stacking modes with multiballs, and getting a crap-ton of doubled center ramp Super Combos. Always really satisfying to play either way.

#179 3 years ago

Indeed. I think this was written off immediately by many - I think people couldn't see past Mick On A Stick. I don't think the artwork helped much either , I think it looks great, but can see many people are just seeing some *old men* . Imagine if it had of had an Aerosmith style package.

Once you are familiar with the ruleset, and realise that Mick isn't just randomly moving then it's addictive as hell and a blast to play.I have been nowhere near Encore multiball. One day, one day ......

#180 3 years ago

Getting the double Rock Star shots and completing Super Rock Star is fairly achievable and fun. Helps to have Starf#cker as the Rock Star Multiball song!

The first thing I did to mine was painting those obnoxious bolts on Mick and the rest of the band. Looks so much better and I'm surprised more owners don't do the same.

trs 026 (resized).jpg

#181 3 years ago

So is there any extra reward for Touring ALL the (16 ? ) cities during World Tour. Don't think I have ever done it.

#182 3 years ago

Not that I am aware of.

1 week later
#183 3 years ago

Released as a single on today's date 1968........

3277546572_023788c00e_b (resized).jpg

Some interesting trivia about the song was that it evolved out of the Beggar's Banquet recording sessions but is not included on the album. It was released as a single only and became one of the most iconic Stones tunes of all-time reaching number 1 on the UK charts and number 3 in the United States.

It didn't appear on an album until it was included on the greatest hits compilation "Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2)" a year later.

The promo video included in the link above is considered to be one of the best ever made and inspired a generation of Stones fans!

Awesome!!

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Released as a single on today's date 1968........

» YouTube video
Some interesting trivia about the song was that it evolved out of the Beggar's Banquet recording sessions but is not included on the album. It was released as a single only and became one of the most iconic Stones tunes of all-time reaching number 1 on the UK charts and number 3 in the United States.
It didn't appear on an album until it was included on the greatest hits compilation "Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. 2)" a year later.
The promo video included in the link above is considered to be one of the best ever made and inspired a generation of Stones fans!
Awesome!!

I have this as Ball 2 music in my pinball browsered Stones

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Curious what songs you all have added via the browser and where you put them?

I'm still playing around with something that sounds good for the 31 second super combo and the Charlie fast scoring loop.

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

This is my world tour mode song

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Curious what songs you all have added via the browser and where you put them?
I'm still playing around with something that sounds good for the 31 second super combo and the Charlie fast scoring loop.

Ball 2 music - now Jumpin Jack Flash
World Tour - now Paint It Black
Licks - now You Cant Always Get What You Want (also plays on Game Over)
Album/Mick Multiball - now Satisfaction
Ball Drain - riff from Little Red Rooster and refrain from Gimme Shelter ('It's a just a shot away' )
Play Records shot - Satisfaction riff

Stuff I still intend to change one day ......

Rock Star multiball - Sympathy For The Devil
Fast Scoring - Come On (??)
Super Combos - ??
Records Multiball - ??
Encore multiball - ??
Ball 3 music - possibly change , though I quite like it
Play Records mode Love Is Strong - least favourite, could swap out for something else, also need to change the DMD song text and remove the callout.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Ball 2 music - now Jumpin Jack Flash
World Tour - now Paint It Black
Licks - now You Cant Always Get What You Want (also plays on Game Over)
Album/Mick Multiball - now Satisfaction
Ball Drain - riff from Little Red Rooster and refrain from Gimme Shelter ('It's a just a shot away' )
Play Records shot - Satisfaction riff
Stuff I still intend to change one day ......
Rock Star multiball - Sympathy For The Devil
Fast Scoring - Come On (??)
Super Combos - ??
Records Multiball - ??
Encore multiball - ??
Ball 3 music - possibly change , though I quite like it
Play Records mode Love Is Strong - least favourite, could swap out for something else, also need to change the DMD song text and remove the callout.

For me I have
Ball 2 - satisfaction
Ball 3 - gimme shelter
Play records - Can't you hear me knocking
World tour - jumping jack flash
Rockstar multi - brown sugar
Other multiball where you hit mick - paint it black
Fast scoring - miss you loop

I left mixed emotions, its only rock n roll, happy, she's so cold, hang fire, shattered and you got me rockin

I think that covers the 13 tracks on the LE

I would like to find something a little better for super combos than the generic 31 second riff that seems to loop in an odd way. I have get off my cloud there now but the way it loops isn't the best.

I would like to find a suitable spot for sympathy for the devil, not not sure what to axe!

1 month later
1 month later
#190 2 years ago

Anyone know of any Jagger figures that could possibly replace the factory Mick On A Stick plastic ?/

Would need to be around 5 inches tall

I see these around often but they are too tall

https://forbiddenplanet.com/37799-rolling-stones-1970s-ultra-detail-figures-mick-jagger/

4 months later
#191 2 years ago

anyone change out the 31 second and 20 second sound clip with pinball browser?

I edited a few tracks and pretty much have this where I want it now with the exception of these two. What are you guys using here?

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

anyone change out the 31 second and 20 second sound clip with pinball browser?
I edited a few tracks and pretty much have this where I want it now with the exception of these two. What are you guys using here?

Is this for Super Combos ....... not yet but I'm still thinking !

#193 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Is this for Super Combos ....... not yet but I'm still thinking !

Yeah super combos and fast scoring in the pops. Super combos I’m using a get off my cloud loop and fast scoring is a miss you loop.

Trying to find a better loop for super combos.

3 weeks later
#194 2 years ago

Oooooh yeah .....got my tickets for London

stones2018-1200x1200-FB_IG-alldates_preview1-600x600 (resized).jpg

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Oooooh yeah .....got my tickets for London

Sweet..... I sure hope they do a small US tour in the fall or next year. Best show I've ever seen.

#196 2 years ago

Where can I pick up a spare Mick plastic ? I'm struggling to find one with usual suppliers

I have the reinforced Mick on a Stick but would like to have a spare.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Where can I pick up a spare Mick plastic ? I'm struggling to find one with usual suppliers
I have the reinforced Mick on a Stick but would like to have a spare.

Marco had them last I checked

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Marco had them last I checked

Thanks. Out stock

#199 2 years ago

OK so in last few days noticed I was sometimes getting phantom Mick hits.

After a bit of testing and tinkering I found out why. My Mick assembly is missing the 2 small plastic standoffs on the rear - these go under the rear clear plastic guard to allow a small gap for the switch wires. Mine didn't have these meaning that the plastic was tight against the wires ..... over time the insulation had worn off the black wire where it was pinched and it was shorting on the metal support.

I have taped up the wire for now but when I have time I'll pull it all out and replace it with new.Have sourced some replacement standoffs.

3 months later
#200 2 years ago

Saw them in Southampton - they added some extra dates - couple weeks back It was fantastic, the atmosphere was incredible. Had such a great night. What a show.

Been playing the pin again a lot since

154473467.jpg.gallery (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside