(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 389 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by Ive
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7061 (resized).png
IMG_7154 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9826 (resized).png
ROLLING STONES British PST (resized).jpg
Rolling Stones American flag PST (resized).jpg
555E23F2-FFB5-4DCB-85A0-CCBB87C7EE78 (resized).jpeg
4FBA8044-C426-4B87-B4B6-BEF755E1A5DE (resized).jpeg
20220610_225229 (resized).jpg
20220616_161229 (resized).jpg
289A4C89-9326-4172-9046-83C2DFC5F8EB (resized).png
BDA96D96-5F0B-4E06-B261-3DE0507FAF5E (resized).jpeg
9DD30719-6501-4BED-AC61-8B1DFBCA67A0 (resized).jpeg
7FFB37D6-47CF-4E68-9888-C7DA55AE60FB (resized).jpeg
There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Place a guitar next to them - helps with scale

Haha.. I would, but I already have a guitar elsewhere on the playfield. Don't want too many of them.

It's been a little while since I installed the amps. I've gotten used to the look and I like them. The big issue now is they tend to wobble back and forth when I'm nudging the game.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Haha.. I would, but I already have a guitar elsewhere on the playfield. Don't want too many of them.
It's been a little while since I installed the amps. I've gotten used to the look and I like them. The big issue now is they tend to wobble back and forth when I'm nudging the game.

Yep. Mine wobble a bit too, but as long as they don't fall over or interfere with anything it's not a problem. They look a hundred times better than the stock plastics

1 week later
#103 7 years ago

boys greetings from Argentina! someone who sells a pinball Bally Stones please? how much? fernando appreciate your answer ...Fernando

1 week later
#104 7 years ago

Had a friend make up some speaker inserts. Will be adding some lighting to them also.

IMG_0294_(resized).JPGIMG_0294_(resized).JPG

IMG_0298_(resized).JPGIMG_0298_(resized).JPG

IMG_0295_(resized).JPGIMG_0295_(resized).JPG

IMG_0299_(resized).JPGIMG_0299_(resized).JPG

#105 7 years ago

Figured I'd post this here, I'm contemplating downgrading my LE to a Pro if the opportunity arises. Figured there might be some Pro owners out there on the East Coast that might be interested in making the upgrade. If you are, shoot me a PM.

3 weeks later
#106 7 years ago

Anyone have any good leads on a 79 Bally machine? I'd like to put one next to my RSLE.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have any good leads on a 79 Bally machine? I'd like to put one next to my RSLE.

Are you into project machines? (and driving to NW IN)

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

How bad are we talking?

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How bad are we talking?

The playfield/cab is fine, but the head is from a Stern Pinball and there aren't any boards or displays.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The playfield/cab is fine, but the head is from a Stern Pinball and there aren't any boards or displays.

That might be a little more than I'm willing to tackle.

These are hard to find

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That might be a little more than I'm willing to tackle.
These are hard to find

Understandable.

4 weeks later
#112 7 years ago

Mu first attempt at a post and I do not know if I am doing this right. I just shopped out my Stern Rolling Stones pinball. New rubbers and CoinTaker LEDs. My problem is I do not know where the clear playfield plastic goes. I got the machine back together but can not find where the plastic goes. Can anyone help me? I know I should have taken some pictures, but I have done a lot of pinballs and usually just figure them out like a jigsaw puzzle. A picture would have been great but too late now. I also purchased the little TV to install with 46 mins of RS videos. I will send a picture when completed but want to find where that darn plastic goes first. It is driving me crazy. One last question is it worth it to upgrade the speakers in this game? Worth the cash? Thanks

#113 7 years ago

I don't know what plastic you are talking about. Take a picture and post it here, that will help a lot.

For upgrading the speakers, I didn't really notice much of a difference on this game. The woofer, maybe, but the backbox speakers by Flipper Fidelity--for me--weren't much if any improvement at all on this specific machine.

#114 7 years ago

AKM, Thanks for responding. Here is the plastic I am speaking about. I think is goes on the right side near the top but I can not see the three connections points. I have been looking at pictures on the net but I still can not figure it out and it is driving me crazy. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_1138_(resized).JPGIMG_1138_(resized).JPG

#115 7 years ago

It's over the plastic on the left side of the records shot.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#116 7 years ago

Thanks for the picture. Still having trouble. My clear plastic has three holes. One at the top and two together at the bottom. If I place the single hole at the top as shown in your picture the bottom two holes have nothing to connect to. Also there is a hole in the mounted printed plastic for the cables to route under the playfield for the two flash lamps (one for the lips and the other for the guitar player. I know these do not get covered up. Bottom Line: My clear plastic has three holes (one at one end and two at the other end) and I see one connection point in the picture in front of the right amp, where are the connection points for the other two holes in this clear plastic? I am sure once I find this out I will feel quite stupid. Who wants to make me feel stupid?

1 week later
#117 7 years ago

Okay I am at my end. I need to get this game back together but can not find all of the attachment points for this clear plastic. I have checked every photo I can find and tried to place this plastic back on the game but still no luck. I know I could just leave it off and screw it but it has been one of those "me against the machine" and I won't give up. I hope someone can assist or I will just have to wait till I get to see this pin in person. Here we go pinsiders "I am willing to pay a fee for this information" or supply someone with some thing they may need if they help me get this installed. As stated earlier in this thread I see where the top hole in this clear plastic attaches to but I CANNOT find where the bottom two holes connect to. Please someone with this game please help with a clear picture and I will be forever in your debt. I have completely taken apart a TZ and Indiana Jones (93) and never had this kind of trouble. Maybe an extra screw when I was done but never a giant piece of plastic. For the record I purchased my first pinball 49 years ago and have many machines over the years. This one just stumps me and yes I still have my first machine BUCKAROO.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Do you have any spare parts you would be willing to sell?

#119 7 years ago

Finally found a real nice Bally to go with my Stern LE!

If anyone has any spare parts they would be willing to sell, let me know.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#120 7 years ago

Hey Buckaroo,
If I recall, the 3rd hole was used to mount the spotlight. I didn't like that and mounted mine to the standoff on the ramp. Don't forget that spotlight bulb looks like a 555 at first glance but is a 12 volt bulb.

July-Aug-Sept 2016 244 (resized).jpgJuly-Aug-Sept 2016 244 (resized).jpg

#121 7 years ago

I'm hoping you guys can help me out a bit here. I mentioned earlier that I recently put two Bally's together into one game for a friend. And now we need to figure out what to do with the other game. PSW757 is asking about spare parts, and he's not the first.

Of course, if possible, I'd prefer to not part a salvageable game out. I don't know how desirable this game is or really what it's worth, especially in this condition. And I don't know if I'll be able to find someone local to pick up this kind of project.

Here's what we have.

Playfield: 99% complete. Pretty good condition, beyond the wear seen below. Broken sling plastics, but everything else is good.

Cabinet (body): decent condition, fine for players condition (no pics right now).

Head: empty, and from a Stern Pinball. No boards, displays, or transformer.

Back glass: I haven't seen this, but friend says it's in very good condition. The one I used for his game is essentially perfect.

IMAG1680 (resized).jpgIMAG1680 (resized).jpg

IMAG1681 (resized).jpgIMAG1681 (resized).jpg

IMAG1682 (resized).jpgIMAG1682 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#122 7 years ago

Looking for custom apron cards ??? Any links .....I'm sure I found some before with clearer/extra rules on but they seem to be eluding me now.

TIA

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Looking for custom apron cards ??? Any links .....I'm sure I found some before with clearer/extra rules on but they seem to be eluding me now.

Yes I made a request to pinball boy and he created some, they turned out awesome!...

http://pinballboy.com/rulecards?tag=The+Rolling+Stones

1 month later
#124 7 years ago

Finally got around to adding some lighting to my custom speaker cutouts

Look great

uploadfromtaptalk1488040876229 (resized).jpguploadfromtaptalk1488040876229 (resized).jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1488040902674 (resized).jpguploadfromtaptalk1488040902674 (resized).jpg

#125 7 years ago

Anyone else think we need a color dmd and a nice topper design?

On another note, trying to get a little more general playfield illumination. Anyone install led's that are a natural color tone? I don't want anything over the top crazy.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else think we need a color dmd and a nice topper design?
On another note, trying to get a little more general playfield illumination. Anyone install led's that are a natural color tone? I don't want anything over the top crazy.

I actually think GI isn't too bad. I have mostly frosted cool whites. I added a couple extra spots also.

ColorDMD would be nice, I think it's unlikely but you never know ...only takes a fan to do it. We got Popeye after all

What I would really like is a final code tweak so that the flipper info actually gives you some useful information ...ie ....number of records collected, hits needed for Rock Star, Licks etc. But that is never gonna happen

#127 7 years ago

Frosted cool whites look amazing on this game.

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

I actually think GI isn't too bad. I have mostly frosted cool whites. I added a couple extra spots also.
ColorDMD would be nice, I think it's unlikely but you never know ...only takes a fan to do it. We got Popeye after all
What I would really like is a final code tweak so that the flipper info actually gives you some useful information ...ie ....number of records collected, hits needed for Rock Star, Licks etc. But that is never gonna happen

So you used frosted cool whites under all the colored inserts?

Do you have any pics of your machine lit up?

#129 7 years ago

another question for you Stones folks.

had a game today where i got to the encore and it played hangfire. but what i noticed aster completing records and licks modes that there were some songs not played a couple that were repeated throughout.

i launched the code via pinball browser and pulled up the sound requests for the game and it seems that even the request 41 which is script ox294 shattered and request 54 script ox292 you got me rockin didnt play.

Am i understanding this correctly, if there is a sound request listed then it should be in the game somewhere?

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

another question for you Stones folks.
had a game today where i got to the encore and it played hangfire. but what i noticed aster completing records and licks modes that there were some songs not played a couple that were repeated throughout.
i launched the code via pinball browser and pulled up the sound requests for the game and it seems that even the request 41 which is script ox294 shattered and request 54 script ox292 you got me rockin didnt play.
Am i understanding this correctly, if there is a sound request listed then it should be in the game somewhere?

Not sure I completely follow.

'Shattered' definitely plays during Record (Hangfire) Multiball.

Sounds/music in the code do not always appear in completed games, for whatever reasons.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Not sure I completely follow.
'Shattered' definitely plays during Record (Hangfire) Multiball.
Sounds/music in the code do not always appear in completed games, for whatever reasons.

Ok, that might explain that one as I don't recall getting encore multi ball but I did make it to encore with hang fire playing.

Have you heard you got me rocking anywhere in the game? This is request sound request 54 when searching in the browser.

The two that I determined that are in code but not actively in game are brown sugar and bitch. These have no sound request.

We should try to hit stern up for a code up date, would be simple for them to add these!

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Ok, that might explain that one as I don't recall getting encore multi ball but I did make it to encore with hang fire playing.
Have you heard you got me rocking anywhere in the game? This is request sound request 54 when searching in the browser.
The two that I determined that are in code but not actively in game are brown sugar and bitch. These have no sound request.
We should try to hit stern up for a code up date, would be simple for them to add these!

Not heard You Got Me Rocking .....no.

Are Brown Sugar or Bitch used in the LE ?? I think this has maybe been discussed before and they aren't...

Would love a code update/tweak. Yeah I'm gonna ask Stern ......though I think the chances of it happening are pretty remote at best.

EDIT - Psw757 Are you looking at LE Code. On the Pro code Request 54 is Hang Fire (same as 53) I see no sign of You Got Me Rocking ... ???

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Not heard You Got Me Rocking .....no.
Are Brown Sugar or Bitch used in the LE ?? I think this has maybe been discussed before and they aren't...
Would love a code update/tweak. Yeah I'm gonna ask Stern ......though I think the chances of it happening are pretty remote at best.

The Le is supposed to have 14 songs and the pro 13. I was trying to add up what I've experienced and don't think it adds up to 14 without you got me rocking.

Maybe I wasn't clear on brown sugar and bitch. They aren't in the LE game but do appear in the code as sound files. There isn't any sound request for them so not it game. You can tab down to see sound files, ascending/descending length and actual requests for specific sounds.

You got me rocking has an actual request so I'm thinking it may be there in some obscure mode at the end of game or one of the wizard features.

Who knows for sure? I was bored yesterday and was playing around with the pinball browser a bit and noticed this.

On a different note, anyone ever see a nice topper for the stones? Some sort of light up tongue would be cool.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

On a different note, anyone ever see a nice topper for the stones? Some sort of light up tongue would be cool.

With all the Rolling Stones memorabilia that's been made for the past 50+ years there is no shortage of stuff you could use as a topper.

Probably more than you could ever hope to find for any other pinball title.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

With all the Rolling Stones memorabilia that's been made for the past 50+ years there is no shortage of stuff you could use as a topper.
Probably more than you could ever hope to find for any other pinball title.

Yeah your right

#136 7 years ago

I've been playing the heck out of this lately ... .... I finally had enough of never being awarded Extra Ball Lit from the Mystery, I had it the other day but that must be the first time in months ! Have now set my Replay to award Extra Ball. Its a nice score target to aim for now too.

#137 7 years ago

I don't believe the extra song actually plays anywhere on the LE. Rules/modes/songs are the same as they are on the pro.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I don't believe the extra song actually plays anywhere on the LE. Rules/modes/songs are the same as they are on the pro.

probably more incomplete code like Kiss, stern seems to struggle finishing projects before moving to the next.

There are plenty of unused sounds in the code, just seems odd. I'm sure they paid for all those extra songs.

#139 7 years ago

I'm not sure how many of you guys saw Pingame Journal Issue 146 March 2011.

It had a 6 page feature about the design and development of Sterns Stones. Very very interesting read, the game design changed enormously - at one point having an arm that would swing out with guitar targets, a guitar shaped ramp and yes a moving tongue as we always thought it should have.

Anyway I dont have access to a scanner so I just photographed the article - hopefully you can read it, or at least view the pictures.

Love the transparent red tongue !

P1010618 (resized).JPGP1010618 (resized).JPG

P1010617 (resized).JPGP1010617 (resized).JPG

#140 7 years ago

P1010622 (resized).JPGP1010622 (resized).JPG

P1010621 (resized).JPGP1010621 (resized).JPG

P1010620 (resized).JPGP1010620 (resized).JPG

P1010619 (resized).JPGP1010619 (resized).JPG

#141 7 years ago

P1010625 (resized).JPGP1010625 (resized).JPG

P1010624 (resized).JPGP1010624 (resized).JPG

P1010623 (resized).JPGP1010623 (resized).JPG

P1010626 (resized).JPGP1010626 (resized).JPG

#142 7 years ago

P1010629 (resized).JPGP1010629 (resized).JPG

P1010627 (resized).JPGP1010627 (resized).JPG

P1010628 (resized).JPGP1010628 (resized).JPG

#143 7 years ago

P1010630 (resized).JPGP1010630 (resized).JPG

P1010631 (resized).JPGP1010631 (resized).JPG

P1010632 (resized).JPGP1010632 (resized).JPG

#144 7 years ago

Good Stuff, they had some interesting ideas.

I still to this day think this is a under appreciated game. The ranking on pinside is ridiculous. Yes it helps if your a fan of the Stones but I find a lot of the people I have over seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Good Stuff, they had some interesting ideas.
I still to this day think this is a under appreciated game. The ranking on pinside is ridiculous. Yes it helps if your a fan of the Stones but I find a lot of the people I have over seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

I agree. It's an awesome game and an awesome piece of rock history.

Most of the so-called rankings on forums like this are not to be taken seriously. Most come from idiots and trolls who have some kind of juvenile agenda.

When it's all said and done, this pin along with the original Bally version will be worth a lot of coin compared to most others.

There's a reason there are two Rolling Stones pinball machines while most bands don't even warrant having one made.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

probably more incomplete code like Kiss, stern seems to struggle finishing projects before moving to the next.
There are plenty of unused sounds in the code, just seems odd. I'm sure they paid for all those extra songs.

To be fair, few liked the Rolling Stones when it released and the machine sold poorly. You aren't going to see lots of updates on a game nobody bought (although to be fair, the code is pretty fleshed out and relatively complete, it just needs more polish in areas).

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

To be fair, few liked the Rolling Stones when it released and the machine sold poorly. You aren't going to see lots of updates on a game nobody bought (although to be fair, the code is pretty fleshed out and relatively complete, it just needs more polish in areas).

Agree. Most people couldn't see past Mick On A Stick and so never gave the game a chance, also Tron stole all the thunder around that time.

But yeah at least the code is complete, with 2 variants of Wiz mode to aim for. Thank the maker for Pinball Browser though ...putting the Stones songs of your choice into the game transforms personal enjoyment of it at home

#148 7 years ago

I've been thinking about it more, and I remember doing a glass-off test on the LE I used to own to see if the wizard mode has a different backing track. I can't remember for the life of me now if it used the same track as regular Encore, or if indeed there is a different song. Can anyone here with the LE check?

Quoted from Ive:

Agree. Most people couldn't see past Mick On A Stick and so never gave the game a chance, also Tron stole all the thunder around that time. But yeah at least the code is complete, with 2 variants of Wiz mode to aim for.

I like that the game has a variety of ways to score. I'm not limited in how I want to approach the game. I can play Licks all day if I want and come out with decent points, or go for Super Combos forever. Or if I want to go really big, try to get to the last Records track and stack it with a multiball. I also appreciate how single ball play often has more weight than multiball. If I fail to execute in a multiball, I never feel like my game is over. But, like you said, two levels of wizard modes, the second of which is very challenging to get to, and the first is very satisfying to finish if you actually manage to. It's an underrated game in my opinion.

#149 7 years ago

Kind of funny seeing this thread on the top. I was at a flea market today and saw this "deck". It's got the art on both sides but there are no Stern marks anywhere. It also looked a little small but it's been awhile since I saw a bare playfield.

Is this a fake?

IMG_0441 (resized).JPGIMG_0441 (resized).JPG

#150 7 years ago

Interesting..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 389 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-get-stoned-the-rolling-stones-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.