(Topic ID: 112855)

Let's get STONED! The Rolling Stones Club!!!!

By Rarehero

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 275 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 68 days ago by akm
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 77 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1110049 (resized).JPG
P1110050 (resized).JPG
P1110046 (resized).JPG
P1110044 (resized).JPG
P1110043 (resized).JPG
0EB1E5B6-1C6C-4B01-B2FA-257C1176C6BE (resized).jpeg
69C4B834-F9B7-4799-8D5E-5468C36C2F8F (resized).jpeg
IMG_4183 (resized).JPG
IMG_4184 (resized).JPG
IMG_4185 (resized).JPG
IMG_4187 (resized).JPG
IMG_4188 (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
92EB9E65-A6AB-4BFC-BE35-581A4B2040E1 (resized).jpeg
CB6C1377-9505-4BAA-9732-F4A8A9C12F21 (resized).jpeg
6F13B502-BC42-400C-B356-BB408A09850E (resized).jpeg

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 5 years ago

This might be a club of one....lol...but, I'm proud of my new Rolling Stones LE that showed up this week! Pinsider JC_Pins put his up for sale and I couldn't resist...thought it would fit right in with my Metallica & AC/DC...the "modern Stern music trio". I've only been playing it for a few nights, but I'm getting a hang of the rules...LOVE the combos. Does anyone know how many Record Modes you have to start to light up that Records insert?

Anyway, here are a few pics! Yay! Unwrapping it...updating it to the current code. I already started to tinker a bit & added a light underneath the center up-post! Gonna LED it, too...just placed an order with Comet!

Unwrapping.jpg Updating.jpg Postlight.jpg Postlight2.jpg
#2 5 years ago

There are two of us out there Greg! I find the machine a blast, the flow is great! You have magnets, a powerball, and Mick on a Stick!

Brad

#3 5 years ago

And I thought I'd never see Rarehero stoned ...

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

modern Stern music

Quoted from Aurich:

Rarehero stoned

lol...

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And I thought I'd never see Rarehero stoned ...

Lol... You have to be to watch Family Guy..

#6 5 years ago

Tulster must be busy right now because he loves TRS. He is a very proud owner. I'm also glad to be an owner of a Pro.

Per his recommendation I put Flexi-fast LED color changers in the sockets behind the panel at the back of the machine. Just goes in line with par can lighting look of that plastic.

I also replaced one of the Amp plastics with 1 of those amp stacks you see in the Mcfarlane figurine kits.

ebay.com link » Slash Guns N Roses Figure Mcfarlane 2005 Limited Edition

#7 5 years ago

Can I join if I have the old school Bally version from 1980? =)

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Since it is not an EM, I'm sure the OP wouldn't mind.

#9 5 years ago

Stones hanging out with Star Trek...

Brad

TRSLE.JPG

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Per his recommendation I put Flexi-fast LED color changers in the sockets behind the panel at the back of the machine. Just goes in line with par can lighting look of that plastic.

Oh cool, I just ordered some color changers from Comet to experiment with on that back panel - yeah, I thought it might look cool since the lights are behind the stage light plastic.

Quoted from DRDAVE:

Eh......I dunno...we might have to haze you and shit

Quoted from o-din:Since it is not an EM, I'm sure the OP wouldn't mind.

It's close enough lol

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Ha! I sold my Star Trek LE over the weekend and replaced it with Stones LE! LE's with finished code ONLY from now on in my gameroom!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ha! I sold my Star Trek LE over the weekend and replaced it with Stones LE! LE's with finished code ONLY from now on in my gameroom!

STLE is on the way out and TRS LE is staying... It sounds like a pattern of behavior!

Brad

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

STLE is on the way out and TRS LE is staying... It sounds like a pattern of behavior!
Brad

Mick may be a flat plastic, but he moves around like crazy! Damn Vengeance doesn't do that

#14 5 years ago

Sweet. Collect 10 records while in records modes to light the insert. 25 for records MB. Happy and one other song are by far the best. Make the first two shots of the song, start any multiball, then fire as many balls as you can up that wide left ramp. Looping three at a time is awesome. Four at once is ridiculous (and friggin hard). Your score will literally light up like a slot machine. For better or worse, those two songs (when properly stacked) are probably the biggest/ fastest scoring modes on any modern Stern.

As you may have already noticed, most all shots are backhandable and most are safer with a backhand, including the Mick target. The Charlie shot no doubt scared lots of people away from the game. Extremely hard from the natural right flipper, but stupid easy from a backhand. Even though it looks impossible from a backhand. Love that shot. Enjoy.

#15 5 years ago

Hope to own a Stones some day. Very under rated game.

#16 5 years ago

What do you have to do to get the Combo insert lit? I had every one lit but that. I think I had like 35 combos. Not sure If you need a certain amount or have to kill it with a certain number of combos in one chain.

Btw the records inserts are sooo much easier to see with leds. I barely noticed them otherwise. In one of the songs they're roaming around ...I love roaming shots.

#17 5 years ago

Hit all 3 guitar standups to start combos, shoot 5 combos in a row, then the super.

#18 5 years ago

I'm in the club. Tom kopera designed fun game. Flipper fidelity's backbox led panel is a nice touch. Goes really well with the glass. I have the speaker lights with no insert and it looks sharp.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Two of the best pins with great flow.

The Rolling Stones LE is awesome. The double flippers really make it interesting and unique. It does take some getting used to the timing to use the pop ups effectively. The powerball with wide ramps is insanely fast. I am looking for some custom cards for my LE if anyone has done them?

#20 5 years ago

I got stoned 10 days ago. I love this game #105 le for me. Rarehero show pixs after you led your trsle .I will post mine when I'am done mine. Also I need custom cards.

one of the greatest concert that I ever went too , everyone was up and dancing.

Happy bday Keith Richards

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Two of the best pins with great flow.
The Rolling Stones LE is awesome. The double flippers really make it interesting and unique. It does take some getting used to the timing to use the pop ups effectively. The powerball with wide ramps is insanely fast. I am looking for some custom cards for my LE if anyone has done them?

+1 custom cards.

#22 5 years ago

Rolling stones is a great game that doesn't get the love it deserves. It's got great stackability and cool flow. Mike adds an element of frustration because you have to constantly keep your eye on him before you make your shot. I think this turns off a lot of on the fly players. I generally like to just clear out the notes in the area that I'm working on so he keeps pinned there.

#23 5 years ago

Huge Stones fan here. I like the game but have to admit wanted more out of it. In any event I hope to be an owner some day.

It's only pinball but I like it, like it Yes I DO!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

I like the game but have to admit wanted more out of it. In any event I hope to be an owner some day.

What more would you have liked to see out of it?

#25 5 years ago

Got one. Love it. Fun game to play...

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Better art in general, I actually like what they did with the album covers though.
Not a huge fan of the 2D band cutouts... The shots I wish were smoother.

My problem is that I am max 4-5 pinball collection guy. I just don't have the space beyond that. I want to have my favorite themes & my favorite players. I just don't have the room for everything. So I wish the Stones played more like Metallica, because I really like the way that table plays, but I don't have room for both.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Well I think the whole reason TRS has a shitty reputation is it came out during Stern's "cheap" era...people didn't like Photoshop art, all the plastic & general lack of mechanical toys. While Iron Man and Tron got lots of love despite this, Stones, Avatar, BBH fell by the wayside. Sure, it would have been interesting to see some more creativity - would have been cool if the tongue was a ramp that moved up to reveal a lock or a shot. Elvis got a nice "animated" toy - would have been nice to see the band get that treatment instead of flat plastics....who knows. In any case - despite all the very valid complaints - it's just a really fun game to play! So, hopefully people will discover it and just enjoy it on its own merits.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

While Iron Man and Tron got lots of love despite this, Stones, Avatar, BBH fell by the wayside. Sure, it would have been interesting to see some more creativity - would have been cool if the tongue was a ramp that moved up to reveal a lock or a shot.

While I like all those games, the biggest lack of creativity in all of them is in the simple Lonnie Ropp rules. Two multiballs (that get harder to start yet not worth any more), a frenzy mode, a double scoring mode, a ramp mode, etc. Tron and IM were the perfect fanboy themes, which is why they were the exceptions. None will ever be a top tier game IMO due to the simple rules. All fun for sure, but no A+ games.

TRS had a few other things working against it. The tight shots (except for the fat ramp) scared lots of people off who only had a few plays. Like AVE, you need more time on it than the average game to learn the shots. The song choices turned some people off (although I liked them). Lastly, once a few people online expressed displeasure, the herd mentality kicked in. BBH and Avatar also suffered from herd mentality, but not as bad as TRS.

#29 5 years ago

Have to admit I'm weary of Ropp's rules. Only thing stopping me from from going TRS for now. I love outcast games...just not (anymore) when Ropp writes the rules.

Can Stmick (tm. Lol) be modded? A BBH elk style bash toy would make that feature a winner! Maybe Matt at BackAlley could do one? Or maybe - to save $$$ - some existing figurine could be painted with Mick's ugly mug and fashioned to work?

#30 5 years ago

Rarehero is a rare hero

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Rarehero is a rare hero

More like a rare gyro.

#32 5 years ago

A cool mod would he replacing plastic StMick with an led screen that had video of him walking back and forth like he does on stage. Double cool if it were interactive and changed direction interactively.

#33 5 years ago

Does this count?

100_8878.JPG
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Have to admit I'm weary of Ropp's rules. Only thing stopping me from from going TRS for now. I love outcast games...just not (anymore) when Ropp writes the rules.

It's not pure Lonnie. Lyman worked on it too - just like Tron and Iron Man. All of hide games have similar "fill the feature ladder" type rules. Simple, addicting, it all works. Not like the ode but no cigar "attempts at depth" like Avengers, Xmen, and ST.

#35 5 years ago

Stones seems like a fun enough game, but what turned me off was the list of songs. Is this something that can be addressed with the pinball browser?

#36 5 years ago

I've owned and enjoyed this game since it came out, and am glad to see it's getting a little appreciation since the price has come down and people are finally admitting to getting one!

Quoted from o-din:

Stones seems like a fun enough game, but what turned me off was the list of songs. Is this something that can be addressed with the pinball browser?

Of course you can and this is a perfect game for it! The first song to go when I figured out the browser was "Start me up". Since then, I've changed others, and there are a few spots where songs can be added (mainly the fast scoring boogie that is almost a minute long). There's also little 3 - 5 second snippets where an actual Stones riff can be inserted instead of the "slightly off key & off tempo enough so we don't get sued" riff that's in there. The hard part is getting the volumes the same between all the songs. It's still a work in progress when I've got the time, but so far, so good.

Also, the first thing I did was paint those obnoxious screws on Mick & the other guys to match better.

trs 026.jpg

And add some extra spotlights with color changers in 'em.

trs 029.jpg
trs 030.jpg

And don't forget the wheelchair just in case!!

TRS Wheelchair 007.jpg

Also a red display and upgraded speakers too.

My favorite thing to go for is getting Super Rock Star. And I've been to Encore, but never Super Encore (Just a shot away... twice!!).

#37 5 years ago

I've never been too excited about this game...everything is just meh on it. It's definitely not as bad as it's rep though. It's decent, but that Mick on a stick has got to be a contender for most hilarious toy in a bad way. I mean...it's a moving target so that's cool (like drac on MB), but it just looks so terrible. I'm laughing while typing this it's so ridiculous. Who looked at that and thought "yeah, this is cool as the main toy of the game"?

And like Transformers where you bash Prime's nuts, why the eff are you bashing Mick's feet??? It's stupid.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I've never been too excited about this game...everything is just meh on it. It's definitely not as bad as it's rep though. It's decent, but that Mick on a stick has got to be a contender for most hilarious toy in a bad way. I mean...it's a moving target so that's cool (like drac on MB), but it just looks so terrible. I'm laughing while typing this it's so ridiculous. Who looked at that and thought "yeah, this is cool as the main toy of the game"?
And like Transformers where you bash Prime's nuts, why the eff are you bashing Mick's feet??? It's stupid.

Its totally stupid - but it's FUUUUUN. It's like having the BDK crane out at all times. It's cool when he's blocking a shot on purpose, you hit him to make him move...and then you have to hit the shot before he moves back. Yes, conceptually it's stupid but once you're playing who cares, it's Mick dancing around...it's funny. I just started dating a girl who's a huge Stones fan - she was SO EXCITED that I got this game...she thought it was the most amazing thing she's ever seen - even Mick on a stick! It's nice to have non-hobbyists over to play sometimes...they like stuff you don't even remotely expect.

#39 5 years ago

Argh I was just one shot away from Super Encore!!! The Records shot is lit - and Mick the Dick on a Stick BLOCKS it! You have to hit him, he moves out of the way momentarily...but if you don't make the shot, he moves back. I had the the powerball in play - which is harder to get control of IMO...couldn't make the shot in time before he moved back & eventually blew it! Arghghghgh....oh well, I'm sure I'll see Super Encore before I see Valinor!

#40 5 years ago

The game play is decent but I want a Stern Stones mainly for the theme. The rock themed pins are worth as much for being rock memorabilia as they are for pinball machines.

If you are a Stones freak (like I am) any pin featuring the Rolling Stones is on the "short list" of must-have machines.

Even though there are better "players" out there, I'd rather have the Stones theme.

#41 5 years ago

Had opportunity to play a very nice Rolling Stones this weekend at the Rufer Shed of Awesome. I put more time on it than any of the other games there and there were plenty. Dig this game. Put me on the "Looking to find one" list.

8 months later
#42 4 years ago

Anyone care to list the 14 songs that are featured on the LE version, I can't find this info anywhere.

2 weeks later
#43 4 years ago

Maybe this is the thread where someone can answer this question.

The LE according to the stern site says it has 14 songs I believe.

If you open the code in the pinball browser there are actually 16 actual songs and two generic riffs.

The two songs I don't ever see anyone mentioned are bitch and brown sugar, the rest are as everyone has posted.

Any idea when these two are played in the game?

Also the two generic riffs are 31 seconds and 21 seconds. Can these be merged to play a riff or two from an actual song?

#44 4 years ago

I loaded both pro & LE code into the browser to compare songs. Both seemed to have the same songs in them. I'm guessing the extra song or two are used in the LE only.

This is from playing a few games this morning and from memory. I'll update the list as I find out more.

Here's what is in the pro...

1st ball -Start me Up
2nd ball - Hand of Fate
3rd ball - Rain Fall Down
Game Over - She's So Cold
Records Mode Songs - Love is Strong, Mixed Emotions, Happy & It's Only Rock 'n Roll
Hang Fire Multiball - Shattered
Album Multiball - When the Whip Comes Down
Rock Star Multiball - Flick of the Switch
Encore - Hang Fire
I think Super Encore is Bitch, but not sure. I'll do some playin' in the next few days. Super Encore isn't as easy to reach as some people think, and I might need to cheat a little to find out!

Other than Bitch, the two other songs in the code are Brown Sugar and You Got Me Rockin'. Anyone with a LE care to try and find those?

And yes, callouts and short 5 second sounds can be customized. The generic riffs cannot be combined. The 21 second one is for Fast Scoring. I've got a Satisfaction loop in that one that sounds great. To me, it's cool that you can hear snippets of an entire Stones setlist in a 3 minute game!

#45 4 years ago

This is interesting

I just imported the pro into the browser and it shows brown sugar in the game somewhere. It is the 4th file 1:52 seconds long.

Those riffs definitely need to get replaced.

#46 4 years ago

I was in the club up until about a year ago, then I had to sell off all of my pins at the time due to something coming up. Looking to get back in it now.

Game looks beautiful with cool-white, frosted domed LEDs for GI. It works with the blue/white combination plastics perfectly. Mirror blades are a must as well, it fits the theme perfectly.

#47 4 years ago

Anyone using any kind of topper? I think a tongue and lips neon would look cool.

#48 4 years ago

Anyone have any idea where brown sugar is played in the game?

It's in the code so it plays somewhere.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have any idea where brown sugar is played in the game?
It's in the code so it plays somewhere.

It doesn't. Unused track if it is indeed there in the code.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from akm:

It doesn't. Unused track if it is indeed there in the code.

On the LE there is one extra song. All the info I read says advertises brown sugar and bitch being two of the 13-14 songs and sure enough they are in the code. In fact bitch is in the code two times.

Is it perhaps part of the encore mode or super encore and nobody knows since anyone seldomly gets there?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside