Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,883 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MrBigg
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221115_175116 (resized).jpg
    20221105_214513 (resized).jpg
    20221025_174630 (resized).jpg
    20221002_125357 (resized).jpg
    20220828_130251 (resized).jpg
    20220815_174618 (resized).jpg
    20220811_190435 (resized).jpg
    b30d187522c0fcc21c8ab9402e12cf9d10f9bb12 (resized).jpg
    E142D237-4481-44F5-A94A-3CC7FE7A71D2 (resized).jpeg
    20170711_204158 (resized).jpg
    20170711_204145 (resized).jpg
    20170711_204208 (resized).jpg
    playfield doodle.jpg
    IMG_0619 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0415 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swedishc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1543 7 years ago

I have been playing around with the idea someone else posted with a 3D printed bracket for wire habit trails. Theirs had 2 wires, and I needed a bracket for 4 wires, so I modeled these in Maya. I might rebuild it in Fusion 360 down the road to make customization easier if you don't use Maya.

Here is the 3D file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpjwq2jksv453uu/pinballRampGuide.obj?dl=0

IMG_3037_(1)_(resized).JPGIMG_3037_(1)_(resized).JPG

3 months later
    #1672 7 years ago

I thought it might be interesting to try and design an inline drop target assembly in Fusion 360 instead of just buying one. It was a fun build and makes me wonder how many assemblies could just be 3D printed. It seems pretty durable, but I guess time will tell if it holds up with that reset coil firing over and over.

custom_drops (resized).jpgcustom_drops (resized).jpg

#1676 7 years ago
    Quoted from BloodyCactus:

looks really good. can they take standard built standups? I wonder how the printed ones will take the beating.

They used to, but changes to the reset plate required that I move the hook for the spring further up. I could modify the reset plate to make room for the spring, but it was easier to just move the hook. I plan on casting the drop targets in clear resin and embedding EL paper, so they were going to have to be custom anyways.

#1677 7 years ago
    Quoted from VacFink:

Great job. Likely its more cost effective and maybe more durable to make these in bulk in metal, however if your building for your self, no reason not to try, and if it does break, you can print a replacement part. No MFG is going to do that, parts are business just the same. It also seems a bit bulkier (but that might be because of the thicker material) so might needs some design tweeking in tight spots under the playfield.
    Keep us updated with design changes and updates. I'd like to have one like JJ Hobit that have the drop/bash combo and can reset individually. I'll have to try that when I get my own 3D printer. My guess is the first spot to show wear might be those spring holders. Wonder too what different materials do holding up, or if you'll see shrinkage over time of the part that sometimes happens with 3D prints.
    Its nice to have a piece to follow now!

There are already holes for mounting standard target dropping assemblies, but I don't really need those for my current game build. I used the dimensions to create a pencil template to cut the holes in the playfield, so I will let you know how it performs once it is installed under the playfield.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swedishc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-figure-out-the-bare-minimum-costparts-to-build-a-whitewood?tu=swedishc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.